[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't know if it has been said already, but when you use eye of observation you CANT see other players information. Lettering/numbers too big. Nice fix eh? Also the dex attribute on your attribute is still much bigger than the others.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hi frankie,

I am wondering if any thoughts on removing the chat tags are being considered. There's been 65 pages of discussion, with most people absolutely loathing it. Personally, I find it so obnoxious I can't bear to log on more than just to do marriage quest. Are you taking in these opinions and weighing the options of removing the tags, or are we stuck with them for good?

Quoted so it isn't lost
  • Kientei - Heavens Tear
    Kientei - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow, I uninstalled the game a few months ago when a new patch gave my computer a virus. Reminding myself on how I'm supposed to level my BM again and looking around the forum...maybe I should just stop installing it now.
  • Corvanna - Heavens Tear
    Corvanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The genie exp bar is still huge after this week's update. b:shocked

Can we fix it please? I liked it when it was normal sized. b:cute

If you are wondering what I am talking about here's a screenie:

geniet.jpg

Thanks~~~
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    right now ill hold off on hating the UI, I'm getting used to some of it... and as long as they are slowly throwing in some extremely easy fixes (THAT SHOULD NOT NEED TO BE FIXED) i will be fine. Fix DQ and TW now............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Kimmber - Lost City
    Kimmber - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OK Frankie I would like to see a developer reply to some of the post on here and the UI thread as i feel they are so outta touch with the players it is not even fun anymore.....

1) Duke needs to shut up.... this is just stupid and I miss so much of what is going on because he announces everything including if you make armor and make all class pet = just stupid turn that off no one wants to hear it!!

2) so many are still getting headaches and quitting game because of new UI and font.... give us options as to what we want to use don't cram it down our throats!!

3) get rid of the boxes in the chat system they are useless and clutter things up making it look like a 2 year old is programing...... or wait maybe it is a 2 year old that is programing it !!!

4) BH29 is fubared yet again and will not reset pat yourselves on the back for yet another mess up in game that will take days to fix most likely....

5) the auto tracking was nice to use for BH's but now it is useless because unless you are in that instance you cant track to the dungeon pat yourselves again for messing this up as well.......

6) why does the GM's, Moderator's, and development team not listen and try to do something that the player base wants......... oh ya as long as they get money from the sales they don't care about us because this is not our game but it is THEIR game and they will mess it up however they want

I am sorry to be so negative but for some reason you keep bypassing what we are saying so the more I play the more I see people upset with what is happening and not getting fixed............

and I just noticed that Frankie says that he has no control over what happens well then I would say that those that do need to start posting some and READ the forums that you start ....... I would have to say from what I see and what I have read that they don't even know there is a forum to discussion on what they do..... maybe a reply from one of the development team would help......

and I do not believe that the last few patches had anyone look at them or you would have noticed that there was a million things wrong with it.....

maybe you need to have a few from ea server able to log into the "Test Server!" and that way we as players can give input before it is shoved down our throats.......
  • Miyakoshinyu - Heavens Tear
    Miyakoshinyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow I get up and it is all switched back. At least the typing background is still dark. I liked the fiery version better but you can't please everyone. b:laugh
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like* how instead of making the font smaller they increased the size of a button or two to accommodate it instead

* by like I mean I don't like
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This post by FrankieRaye made me rofl. Such an obvious lie.

lolumad

wat.

First Kantorek said something along the lines of ''We don't test the patches we get from China so bear with us b:surrender''

And now Frankie said they do test them?

I call shenanigans! b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wat.

First Kantorek said something along the lines of ''We don't test the patches we get from China so bear with us b:surrender''

Yeah, the GM's say a lot of things. They say a lot and do very little.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wat.

Please show me where Kantorek says this.

And to answer the concern, our QA department does test all patches before release.
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wat.

I never said anything at all like that. I did say, in reference to the Rising Tide expansion, to bear with us on the delay because we are still testing it.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Please show me where Kantorek says this.

And to answer the concern, our QA department does test all patches before release.
    Kantorek wrote: »
    I never said anything at all like that.

Then I might be confused with another GM, or maybe a mod. But I'm absolutely sure someone said it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I never said anything at all like that. I did say, in reference to the Rising Tide expansion, to bear with us on the delay because we are still testing it.

Ok then, I guess you can consider us to be angry at whoever "we" entails, since they clearly have never done their job properly.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @edit

Nope, was a GM/Mod response this very week that patches were not tested. Tried searching for it again but to no avail.

If you say that patches are indeed tested though, then I guess it doesn't really matter and might aswell take your word for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Bull****, Kanto. You said in direct response to me that GMs did not test patches. Want me to tell you how it went because now you're contradicting your own stories?

I stated GMs clearly don't test patches. At all. Because of the crappy UI.

You came back and said that I was right. GMs don't.

When I stated that this mean Frankie had been lying because Frankie said patches were tested, somebody then came along and said that technically you aren't a GM, and that it's your job (you as in Kanto) to test the patches. GMs themselves don't test patches, and this confusion was caused because GM is being used as a blanket term right now.

Want me to go get the quotes in order to explain this? Cause I will. Seriously, don't BS, Kanto. You said GMs don't test patches and it was in direct response to me and I will find the quotes if you carry on lying about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bull****, Kanto. You said in direct response to me that GMs did not test patches. Want me to tell you how it went because now you're contradicting your own stories?

I stated GMs clearly don't test patches. At all. Because of the crappy UI.

You came back and said that I was right. GMs don't.

When I stated that this mean Frankie had been lying because Frankie said patches were tested, somebody then came along and said that technically you aren't a GM, and that it's your job (you as in Kanto) to test the patches. GMs themselves don't test patches, and this confusion was caused because GM is being used as a blanket term right now.

Want me to go get the quotes in order to explain this? Cause I will. Seriously, don't BS, Kanto. You said GMs don't test patches and it was in direct response to me and I will find the quotes if you carry on lying about that.

"GMs do not test patches."
    "Patches are tested."

Both statements are true.

GMs do not test patches, because that is not the job of a GM.

We have a QA team that tests the patches. They are not GMs.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GM's don't test the patches, they enforce the rules in game and resolve customer issues.

The QA team tests the patches.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "Patches are tested."

Guess that settles it then.

Gotta say that first statement is rather ambiguous though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was responding to the statements made by Nowitsawn that you had said something along the lines of patches not being tested. In fact that story there clears what exactly was said up and who by quite nicely.

I'd go get all the quotes in order, too, but one of the threads has been moved to a place I can't reach, so I can't actually get the post Kanto made in response to me. I can get my second post and Frankie's response.

They weren't wrong either. You had said that patches weren't tested. Nowitsawn just didn't remember the fact you had been specific and said patches weren't tested by GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If it's the GM's responsibility to resolve customer issues, can we perhaps get some response in this thread? Like mine for instance?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GM's don't test the patches, they enforce the rules in game and resolve customer issues.

The QA team tests the patches.
    "Patches are tested."

OK THEN.

Quit splitting hairs, quit putting up smoke and mirrors, quit with this BS.

We are angry at "QA" for sucking so bad. From now on, whenever anyone says GMs, Devs, PWI, or even QA in reference to: "This thing sucks," you can figure out who was responsible. We don't care. We are past the blame game.

We are mad at "PWE" for not testing this patch and making it so horrible.
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If it's the GM's responsibility to resolve customer issues, can we perhaps get some response in this thread? Like mine for instance?

|
    v
    Hi frankie,

I am wondering if any thoughts on removing the chat tags are being considered. There's been 65 pages of discussion, with most people absolutely loathing it. Personally, I find it so obnoxious I can't bear to log on more than just to do marriage quest. Are you taking in these opinions and weighing the options of removing the tags, or are we stuck with them for good?

Just so it's easy to find.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    |
    v

Just so it's easy to find.

Thank you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    First the blame was shifted to the developers who are anonymous, faceless people working in China.

Now the blame is shifted to the QA team. Another group of faceless, anonymous people working in your office.

Do you guys even think about what you've said? There have been so many problems lately with patches, wouldn't you guys have fed back to your QA team to be more meticulous in their testing instead of letting glitches and bugs come in with every patch? If any companies had this kind of QA, the whole lot would have been fired on the spot.

So is there really a QA team or one made up just for shifting the blame onto or is there a total lack of communication between the GMs and the QA team? Maybe you guys can't afford cellphones and intercoms because us players aren't buying enough packs? In the old days people communicated by sending a written memo to one another in the office. Can't afford paper too? 2 paper cups and a piece of long string would do just fine too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So it seems they somewhat fixed the UI system. The text is no longer a ridiculously large size geared toward the visually impaired. The half-assed job isn't going to cut it though. You can go ahead and remove the chat indicators as has been previously implied, suggested, and demanded. We already were aware of which chat we were speaking in. Don't use the whole "mass of WCs (wrong chats)" to justify this. You can't fix stupid. You can, however, fix this horrible mistake. Mr. Warren is very displeased. The same can be said for the overwhelming majority of the players of this failing MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So it seems they somewhat fixed the UI system. The text is no longer a ridiculously large size geared toward the visually impaired.

Except.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/liandera/Mailbox1.jpg

I could read this without my contacts in. What can't I read? The titles on the mail. Why? Because they are so freaking huge that THEY DON'T SHOW UP!!!!!

I want my old mail back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Seriously, why are people giving grief to the GM's because of a failing in language itself.

GMs are part of multiple groups; two being GM and working for the company.

They will think of themselves as both: We, the GMs; and We, the company. They cleared the confusion, and weren't being deceitful or trying to trick some tinfoil hat wearing gamers. Who the heck doesn't change around the use of the word We when referring to things. And the thing is, no one actually thinks anything of it until someone points it out. Because the people they usually talk to and use it already know the difference. It just didn't work in this one case because forum goers didn't know. And yes, the moonwalk was real.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because nobody up there knows who runs or does what...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Because nobody up there knows who runs or does what...

Ha. It sounds like how certain convenience stores run their business. In short, company owned stores over individually owed. b:chuckle Sorry for that, I'm bitter. Went from one to the other recently, losing my job in the process and now they've completely ruined everything that was good about our store. So yeah. b:pleased They don't recognize people who know the store as being anything but complete idiots. They don't know how anything but THEIR **** works because they won't listen when they ask about it. They're all running around like chickens with their heads cut off acting like stuck up pricks not willing to do anything except what they want, regardless of whether it would be better for the store or the customers to do it how it used to be. And they don't know **** about what they're doing and how things should run there as opposed to how they work elsewhere. Exactly how all of these changes work fine for China, but should be kept out of International. It just doesn't work here. Now everyone with the 'company' mindset, here and elsewhere needs to pull their heads out of their asses and listen to how some things just don't work everywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
This discussion has been closed.