[Discussion about the new UI]

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Protip: Tape a magnifying glass to the top right corner of your screen b:chuckle
    That won't work.b:bye
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • XDeathplowX - Dreamweaver
    XDeathplowX - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    imho I think most are messing the real problem with chat box design. I think world channel fails, makes my ear's bleed and my eye's water. Just because there slow on item mall customers, doesn't mean they need to increase their spammers on the world channel, system channel ect... to annoy the **** out of us until we break and buy something from there item mall. >_< I'm seriously offend by the shear ignorance that is typed and broad-casted without an option to turn it completely off.

Aeria Games is the same way! >_< don't expect them to fix anything that hinders there advertisement including txt size.
  • Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please put an option to shut off the Chat Tags-it's extremely annoying and the ONLY real use I could see for them is for the color blind but even then by this point you should know which channels to speak in and what "color" is tied to each.

And also, scale the font down or again put an option for it. I wear glasses but I read everything just fine before the update-now it inadvertently feels like you're poking at my disability by increasing the size to eye sore proportions.

Ironically enough I can see the text better from the old patch without my glasses on than the new conglomerated mess it is now...
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Please put an option to shut off the Chat Tags-it's extremely annoying and the ONLY real use I could see for them is for the color blind but even then by this point you should know which channels to speak in and what "color" is tied to each.

And also, scale the font down or again put an option for it. I wear glasses but I read everything just fine before the update-now it inadvertently feels like you're poking at my disability by increasing the size to eye sore proportions.

Ironically enough I can see the text better from the old patch without my glasses on than the new conglomerated mess it is now...

Several hundred posts back, a color-blind player actually said they liked the old UI better.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Chat window without the tags: http://i9.aijaa.com/b/00989/6620810.png It's even worse than with tags imo.

This happens to me when I play in windowed, open another game and then alt tab back to PWI. If I cycle between chats the text will be normal.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Chat window without the tags: http://i9.aijaa.com/b/00989/6620810.png It's even worse than with tags imo.

This happens to me when I play in windowed, open another game and then alt tab back to PWI. If I cycle between chats the text will be normal.

Eww that is bad ><

The old UI was fine and no one complained about it. There is no complaint thread, I asked. It just defies logic to change it. Even the color-blind have spoken up and said they had no trouble with the old one xD
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Well yes, obviously if they removed the tags they would have to change the color system back to how it was as well. Changing the players' names to the weird neutrally beige only works with the hideous tags preceding them. Thus, if they (we can only hope) ever decide to give us a turn off option it would have to change the names to the color of the appropriate chat, as it had previously been, or it would be a useless option to have.

But since it has already been stated that they will not be removed, and I am sure if they give us the option to turn them off they will not think so far ahead as to change the names back to the right color, I have sort of given up on chat tags. At this point I am desperately clinging to the hope that they will fix the large print issues (still can't open my mailbox or search in the AH without a headache) and the non-working genie bars among other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Chat tags are stupid: Color coding system is clean and efficient.

HURR DURR THIS ONE IS WORLD CHAT!!!!1111 is unnecessary and in general bad UI design.

Item linking should've been in game since day 1, nice that the method for linking them is the same as WoW, makes my life easier.

Simply put: ilnking= awesome, finally chat tags= did you think I was stupid?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Aeria Games is the same way! >_< don't expect them to fix anything that hinders there advertisement including txt size.

OBJECTION! There's no such thing as complaining on Shin Megami Tensei. You log on their forums and they're sh*tting rainbows and butterflies. Comparing apples to watermelons!

Also, had the same problem with my genie....can't see stamina, so guess who's squandering for Attendance sheets to get Perfect Stones to GET stamina? (*cough cough*)
    b:surrender Booo....
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Tags for the chat = useless+annoying. b:surrender

Colors are already telling us what is what... Use one or the other pls. b:pleased
  • littlemandolin
    littlemandolin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Don't mind the chat tags myself. b:surrender

Why is it such a big deal?
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Don't mind the chat tags myself. b:surrender

Why is it such a big deal?

It's a big deal because no one was complaining about it, and there's a list of things that are truly broken that have needed fixing for some time now.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yupyup.

Some bugs that have been there for ages or things that are ''under construction'' since the beginning of the game haven't been fixed/implemented.

But still, they keep putting in new stuff with bugs instead of fixing the old bugs and then implementing new stuff with new bugs that they should fix after that. b:surrender

Confused yet?... b:chuckle
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Text bleeding bugs have been resolved, genie stamina bar and mailbox text are being fixed very soon; chat tags are working as intended and here to stay, at least for now.

I'm going to un-stick this thread; please continue to post any new UI bugs here, and thank you for the bug reports and discussion :)
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    why do we need to keep the tags? we kno what chat is what, we were fine with the colour coding thats what it was there for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    chat tags are working as intended and here to stay, at least for now.)

I HATE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS DAMN WOOOOOOORLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD /caps
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Text bleeding bugs have been resolved, genie stamina bar and mailbox text are being fixed very soon; chat tags are working as intended and here to stay, at least for now.

I'm going to un-stick this thread; please continue to post any new UI bugs here, and thank you for the bug reports and discussion :)

Nice to hear about the genie bar and mailbox. :D Will the guild roster be fixed soon too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2010

In other words:

"Now that the majority of you babies have QQ'd yourselves to silence, Im going to wait until this thread gets pushed to the next few pages, and it will finally be out of our hair. So suck it up cupcakes, no matter what you say or complain about, we wont change a damn thing"

Reaaaaal nice. You guys at PWE get a gold star for superior customer support.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie: any chance we can get the ability to clear the chatbox with the Esc key back? We really, really need that back. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Discussion thread has been unstickied, well let's see if something will be changed or just discuss and forget it b:shutup
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Nice to hear about the genie bar and mailbox. :D Will the guild roster be fixed soon too?

I'm looking at the guild roster right now; the only problem I see is that the "Change Slogan" text is spilling slightly off of its menu button. All of the character names/data seem to fit fine; what other issues with the guild roster do you see?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm looking at the guild roster right now; the only problem I see is that the "Change Slogan" text is spilling slightly off of its menu button. All of the character names/data seem to fit fine; what other issues with the guild roster do you see?

It says "Commission" instead of "Commissioner".
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie: any chance we can get the ability to clear the chatbox with the Esc key back? We really, really need that back. -_-

^This

Please have this fixed. b:victory

As per the Comission/Comissioner issue. Factions are forced to make cutbacks in this time of cash flow needs. So the title has been reduced. b:chuckle
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Discussion thread has been unstickied, well let's see if something will be changed or just discuss and forget it b:shutup

Of course it will be forgotten b:surrender
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And all our thoughts get funnelled into 1 thread and flushed to the obscurity of page 67...
  • LadyFeline - Dreamweaver
    LadyFeline - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That's because when things don't get fixed in the time people want it to saying nothing and ignoring it works.

Basic business tactic really.

Of course in a real business you get things settled via legal ways.
    You can't with PWI.. (read ToS etc)

But lets not get into that lolz
    To assume I speak for other is assuming I am those folks.
    Well, I can tell you right now: I am all but myself.
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    yay the UI is fixed!! woohoo!! -throws confetti-

NO

fix the ******n **** that matters. u noe exactly what they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lmao, they unstickied this thread.

There you go, folks. You're s.o.l over UI changes.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lol, unsticked ready to die.

If it's not going to be chanced, why can't you atleast tell us about it?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If it's not going to be chanced, why can't you atleast tell us about it?

Because you should've known that from the genie reset thread.

"Stop spamming the forum and throw everything here to keep things clean. Ok we are done, kthxbai."
This discussion has been closed.