An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Options

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I believe you mean City of The Lost, the last PvE land in the server before Tideborn Patch. There's a TW report on that bid somewhere in DW forums.

frakie tries to explain that with the old system a faction could secure 1 land by bidding 200m on it, and cashing back 180 million of refund from the war + TW pay of 10-30m. to either not lose any coin, even out or earn 10m a week, depending on the level.

He then implies that, a dominant TW faction of 200 members will continue to poach, take over and steal players for every small faction, as if the 200 members limit was non existent and they could just grab elite players and dish out the "less elite", or as in if elite players would like to be sit out during a main event attack/defense war weekend, or as if we all magically enjoy each other's company so we would all be BFF4E just to cash in 560+m coin a weekend. If this was true, people like Illyana, Aubrey, DrAgOOnZ, chezedude, nammi, whathappend, camel_toe, flowhappend, _Cloud_, SmexyGal, Spaded, Magiere, TEMPLAR, etc would be in Calamity, not in Equinox, HDT, Dynasty, etc.

What frankie fails to realize is that in the game he's GM of, there's more than 2 factions, and a faction that owns it all holds 47 territories, not 2, not 3. That their servers hold (according to themselves) nearly 100k players in total, that averages around 12.5 thousand players per server, or 7 full factions if we were to speak about distributing all players in each server to fill factions.

If 1 faction dominates, it has to fight (at least) 6 other factions. that means the opposition has a chance to pick 6 out of 47 attack points. While the defending force would have to be split its income between 47 fake bids, to prove him right. And even then, before the "dominant" faction can coordinate 47 fake defenses, the "resistance" can easily coordinate 3 attacks in 3 adjacent lands so that they can get the time slot they've been waiting to fight 240 vs 200. Fake bidding, as it was before the update, was never a "dominating faction" tool only. It was the tool of every smart TW strategist in every server. As I remember seeing 3 way attacks from Equinox, Vanquish and Dinasty being broken by Exclusive/Bloodfire/insertasmallfactionnamehere bidding, and then immediately 2 fake bids would come up, to re-reschedule the whole time slots. Still, PWI customer service was pretty swift to detect and punish fake bidding in my experience. If I recall correctly, Lightaine's **** up on TW bidding happened 2 hours before TW was closed, and Tyranny was already banned by the time TW was closed that week.

Don't use the pre-made answers CN/MY developers give you. Take a look at your servers and admit you have done wrong with this update. I'm not saying PWI customer service is the most awesome piece of artwork ever invented in the face of online gaming, but I bet it's sure way better and way faster than the one on CN/MY versions. They chose the easy way, you could have done so much better.
    No EQ bid 200million for 1k and won. We got back 180mill return plus 30mill the next week for taking the land. Please do check the reports. Calamity had previously owned the land, then too it back some weeks later.

You always spell my name wrong :(
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol hi Nightrage! <3

That Lightaine dude, can you believe him? he asked all smalls factions to attack Calamity in world chat, didnt hand a single piece of coin yet, was considered encouragement to fake bid by GMs, so he got the leader of my faction and the director banned for 1 week! needless to say, as the ban happened after TW close, we couldn't attack a land the next week else we would've achieved a red map like 8 months ago.

Can you believe that guy? what's of him? I heard he went to RT, led an Infamous faction or something, kicked **** then got bored. Now he just trolls forums... like me o.o
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No EQ bid 200million for 1k and won. We got back 180mill return plus 30mill the next week for taking the land. Please do check the reports. Calamity had previously owned the land, then too it back some weeks later.

You always spell my name wrong :(
    LOL Im sorry, you always change my gender too! I'm Andres not Andrea dammit b:angry

Bid of 200m for City of Lost.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=540572

It could be possible you also bid 200m for 1k, I'm not sure since I was on vacations, tactically it seems a waste, as no one else but Equinox could attack 1k streams at that particular point. But who knows, it would've been a very nice way to show your confidence on taking the land, then again, to use that much on a land you'd lose 2 weeks after doesn't seems very smart from Equinox high office. Fully recovered payout or not.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ever met a super rich TWing veno with a nix?

I knew several that made bank from TW, since all they had to do was kite with a nix. Minimal input (like a bronze charm) and maximum gain.

Playing veno on offensive side is very costly in terms of charm. No clue what those venos where doing (being useless it seems), but running in an purging +amping+sealing enemies main DDs is pretty similar to running in and stunning as BM. You are one of the first to get targeted since you have to get in mele range.

You either die or charmtick once or twice and manage to get immune pot/skill of and kite back after getting purge of. Venos that actually do what they're suppose to in TW have just as big costs as any other person (besides maybe cata pullers)

But if you intentionally play like a pu$$y in TW and just kite + send nix to save charm than yeah you can bank up from salary, but that goes for most classes not just venos XD
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Playing veno on offensive side is very costly in terms of charm.

^^ this

In our longer wars (2.5+ hours), I was going through multiple gold charms. Running into a group of 80 people to AOE Purge them is not a good way to conserve charm, even with immunity pots.

Sure, on a 5.5 minute crystal walk or a quick 12 minute stomping, I can go in charmless or use a partial bronze, but that's true for anyone. I think in our most recent war, some of the catapult pullers might even have been charmless.

No, I don't have the same costs as a catapult pulling barbarian with 36k HP. Who does? But if you have venomancers who are making a profit on TW salary, you have bad venomancers.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL Im sorry, you always change my gender too! I'm Andres not Andrea dammit b:angry

Bid of 200m for City of Lost.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=540572

It could be possible you also bid 200m for 1k, I'm not sure since I was on vacations, tactically it seems a waste, as no one else but Equinox could attack 1k streams at that particular point. But who knows, it would've been a very nice way to show your confidence on taking the land, then again, to use that much on a land you'd lose 2 weeks after doesn't seems very smart from Equinox high office. Fully recovered payout or not.

LOL we have a member AdreasLoco(guy), that must be where it comes from. We made the high bid, but the bid seems not to have been recorded in the Battlefront report. It would be nice if someone would keep Battlefront reports again. b:sad

Here
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Someone must be mentally challenged to think that a "fix" that works in a eastern culture will absolutely work in a western culture also.

^^ +1 to this. Several of my faction mates and I have had the same conversation and drawn the same conclusion. People who live in a communist society are generally more willing to take these kinds of "fairness" changes than people who live in a capitalist society.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why do you keep on about 200mil and the dominant Faction for ?
    In my time on PW I can only remember seeing one 200mil bid and that was 2 weeks ago ( by a non-dominant faction )

The player I was responding to brought up the 200M bid.
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Enough of this BS thread, just change the TW system back.
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    stop trying to fix problems that arent there, change everything back to the way it was because frankly there was nothing wrong with the game before the patch excluding the constant adding of packs, which are killing the game, instead of adding new content, fix bugs. like the veno fash glitch, well the fash glitches in general. the bug with the tideborns tattoos... the glitch with the venos colour changes... it just doesnt work. looks like u got cake face like some highschool girl trying to hard... anyways STOP ADDING NEW CONTENT the game was fine before, now your just trying to kill it. so plz just take away the changes you made, only good things about the patch out be.... the linking to the items.

b:bye so plz stop ignoring the need of your players, and think about something other than your wallets because your wallets are going to be empty if you keep this up.
    b:thanks
  • pstheunseen
    pstheunseen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think the font could be a LITTLE smaller, but not too small where we go blind by struggling to see it. on top of that, why are people so horribly flaming this new tw change? i mean, come on now. you're basicaly saying f*** the other players who want a chance, f*** everyone else other than the "high end" factions. that's kinda f***ed up, and ****, in my opinion. quit complaining because pw is trying to make things more fair for others. learn to accept the changes, and give feedback, not complaints, to the GMs about your concerns, or your praises, to the whole thing. i like the UI, yes i do believe the text can be slightly smaller, but not too small, cuz i myself don't want to fry my eyeball shaving to get so close to the screen i can literally almost step INTO th egame from reality into virtual reality -_- so i'll say this again. shut up with the complaints, deal with it, if the whole thing is overall bad, i'm sure it'll be changed again to give a chance to others, and at the same time, give us what we truly want. be thankful this is a free to play game, they COULD just say ok guys time to start paying per month hahahahahahaha and leave a lot of us screwed over on the whole deal. so yea. this is My feedback. =)
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think the font could be a LITTLE smaller, but not too small where we go blind by struggling to see it. on top of that, why are people so horribly flaming this new tw change? i mean, come on now. you're basicaly saying f*** the other players who want a chance, f*** everyone else other than the "high end" factions. that's kinda f***ed up, and ****, in my opinion. quit complaining because pw is trying to make things more fair for others. learn to accept the changes, and give feedback, not complaints, to the GMs about your concerns, or your praises, to the whole thing. i like the UI, yes i do believe the text can be slightly smaller, but not too small, cuz i myself don't want to fry my eyeball shaving to get so close to the screen i can literally almost step INTO th egame from reality into virtual reality -_- so i'll say this again. shut up with the complaints, deal with it, if the whole thing is overall bad, i'm sure it'll be changed again to give a chance to others, and at the same time, give us what we truly want. be thankful this is a free to play game, they COULD just say ok guys time to start paying per month hahahahahahaha and leave a lot of us screwed over on the whole deal. so yea. this is My feedback. =)

On DW server, this hasn't helped any new factions at all. In fact, it's made it worse. We've gone from having the mammoth dominant faction owning all but 8 territories, to owning all but 5 now. They've won a territory off our #2 fac every week so far. Yea... it's doing wonders for the smaller factions.

@GM: I prefer the old TW system, and change the font back. And if you take packs out i'll cut you. High gold prices make me happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL we have a member AdreasLoco(guy), that must be where it comes from. We made the high bid, but the bid seems not to have been recorded in the Battlefront report. It would be nice if someone would keep Battlefront reports again. b:sad

Here

Ya I read it, don't forget that minimun bids were as it follows:
    500k for lvl 3.
    1m for lvl 2.
    2m for lvl 1.

I think EQ bidding all their TW funds instead of using them in say, charms and apothecary, would've been a bad idea specially now that we now that you guys won 2h20ish mins after, those wars with 8 catapults are generally very expensive ones.

Back on topic http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9711702&posted=1#post9711702 seems like CN version of TW changes failed to achieve what they were expecting, and they're now resetting TW map for a server update lol worse excuse ever. 47 weeks from now they'll have to reset it again.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Take away the little resource from small or even moderate factions, if they get outbid or otherwise, it will be an awful long time before they can make another attempt on enjoying a TW.

If the event (and reward) leaves not only the faction or character but the player personally in significant detriment to take part in a decent TW, they aren't going to keep coming back for more.

The hierarchy obviously thought that the reward before was excessive, so they have now swung the reward so far the other way it is equally as excessive but in the negative. Land-owners privilege of being hit with a mega-tax...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ya I read it, don't forget that minimun bids were as it follows:
    500k for lvl 3.
    1m for lvl 2.
    2m for lvl 1.

I think EQ bidding all their TW funds instead of using them in say, charms and apothecary, would've been a bad idea specially now that we now that you guys won 2h20ish mins after, those wars with 8 catapults are generally very expensive ones.

Back on topic http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9711702&posted=1#post9711702 seems like CN version of TW changes failed to achieve what they were expecting, and they're now resetting TW map for a server update lol worse excuse ever. 47 weeks from now they'll have to reset it again.

I doubt anyone will max bid now because of changes. But then if you felt confident enough.......

LOL what map reset? Thats interesting. It would put a ton of factions on the map.
  • Kyphe - Harshlands
    Kyphe - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It would make things interesting.

It would be nice for the smaller factions to get on the map for a little. Although it would throw all the hard work the current map factions have done out the window.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Any problem can be solved through the application of explosives. If at first you don't succeed, you didn't use enough.

"Murphy: Hay guys wutz goin on hur LOL btw LAGBEAST GOES RAWR!!!"~XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
  • Darkir - Dreamweaver
    Darkir - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I love how everyone is saying that this will make TW more competitive and yet.... We all know the smaller factions wont bid anymore because they can't win the coin. Either way you aren't accomplishing your goals in making TW more competitive by removing the original pay method
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I will cease to do angers with GM's( Who doesn't really work).
    Why?

1. They don't do their jobs, they're our only conection with Dev's, any Dev's answers? I don't think so.

2. I realized that the TWs reward will not return, even we burn U.S PWi offices.

3. It is just a game. I wanna prolongue this point.
    When MMORPG's were in boom, was a game called AiOS 23, China stuff, diablo style anyway. A friend us to spend money there but suddenly, people started full servers, all was fine until the System Game start to change in bad way, there were bots, the game coin was decresead and people started to go and find another game. A guy who spent 1,300 USD demmand the corporative for cheat and won the judge sentence, the game had to pay him over 30,000 USD because time wasted, after this the game closed cause of lack of ppl. And omg here is what I think, It was a game.
    Lol I'm not saying that we should demmand PWi xDD.

But It is impressive how people involves a game into real lifes, to spent money in there. And it is pretty annoying know that you wasted money in game to have fun and then you receives a kick in the balls.
    But money is money.

I spent 600 USD in this game, xD , Yah I'm a fool, but I realize that and now I don't care. 600 USD they used to live, to eat, to buy stuff. I don't care just I know I will never spent in a game who doesn't worth.
    GM's Keep the 600 USD and try to do your jobs:D
    And community don't waste time in this Live Real life don't **** life.
    Seeya
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok look you (Frankie Raye) are the face of this. Keep more in touch with the player base, either with yourself posting or have a mod do it. Heck hire me as a mod and I'll do it for you. We want to be informed instead of having to go to MY/MS/CN/etc. to find out what's going on here.

If there is a steady flow of information then things like this fiasco can be lessened. What's going on? What were the devs responses? How long until something gets done?

This is a big waiting game for a large portion of your players. If something isn't done you will see a mass exedus from this game. Time is not on your (the staff's) side.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How many times has that been said?
    They just simply don't tell us the truth, nothing we can do about it.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No make me Mod!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xserionx - Sanctuary
    Xserionx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok I've read a good portion of this thread, and I apologize if this has already been stated. for those who said no faction here has owned a whole map, I've seen nef in sactuary own just about the whole thing, now they are more diluted so to speak. so it seems to be working for that.
    as for the economy, I don't think it's the sales entirely. I remember when the price of gold was only about 20k/1, now I see it at 150k+, not to mention all the other items, like those used for crafting. take rough fur for example, it sells to npcs for around a few hundred or so, yet the lowest price is in the 3k range. so if you really think about it, it's not the devs, gms, or sales entirely(if those reasons at all), it's also us as a community hiking up prices to get more money than we need that inflate the economy.

think on this a bit....
    npc price: 300coins = player price: 3000+coins? WHY??

greed = inflation

no?

Edit: also, PICK UP YOUR COINS....they may not seem like much, but they add up. I can't count how many coins I've picked up from the mob zones where people collect items for dq and the likes of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Truth and Time oft intertwine...For in Time is Truth revealed...
  • Jenguin - Heavens Tear
    Jenguin - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I lost my reason to TW now. The new TW pay system took the fun out of everything. I used to look forward to TW every weekend but wow. Last weekend's TW was ****. Why? Less than 30 people showed up in my faction for tw when it used to be 80+ ppl online and some people waiting to sub if the other had to leave. Why don't you guys just. Take the packs away. Put the old TW pay system back. & reset the map.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok I've read a good portion of this thread, and I apologize if this has already been stated.

Nobody has said that. It's pretty much known by everyone that CQ took the whole map on LC nearly a year ago.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nobody has said that. It's pretty much known by everyone that CQ took the whole map on LC nearly a year ago.

Then disbanded, out of the kindness of their hearts, so that TW could continue to be competitive. b:victory
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Frankie-

I have no problem saying that the logic behind the TW change is solid. However, I do not believe that change in pay is all that needed to be changed. TW is just a never-ending flood of people dying and coming back. Now with the lack of money being dished out TW is just a pile of dead people fighting over the same amount of mirages I have in my bank.

It doesn't really make sense to me how TW works. There shouldn't need to be an incentive behind a massive PvP tournament. On the other hand, you also shouldn't lose money in order to do it. Maybe you should all try to introduce something completely different that isn't so **** and slash. TW is fine, but after 30 minutes of killing the same people it gets boring and I go get a snack.
  • crazedwun
    crazedwun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hai so ya im gonna make a post on here cus this topic actually deserves a post

im DeadByBeauty on archo server i own a faction named IMPERIAL we are a lvl 2 faction with 67 members now been jumpy since update 66-75 back n forth anyways my topic inside a topic is as a faction we attacked a faction with over 55+ ppl who showed up in a tw before changes happened we had 15-20 2 clerics we spent about 10m+ just us 15 against 55 in a 2 hour tw we worked our as off in that to own a land. tw in itself is a great aspect and i thrive as well as other members (**but**)as a faction we relied on the tw pay to pay for lvl 3 fact . . .when we won also tw payment is not re imbursed for those who who dont cs to get coins to pay for charms, scrolls towers, repaired gear etc. what am i suppose to do with mirages as tw pay? even if i did npc to profit for members thats garbage per member..i speak amongst leads of archos faction and until something is metioned about an update we are withholding our tw rewards since it cannot be distributed evenly.my hardest obstacle atm is coin making ive put together a treasury program ppl donate coins when they can to achieve lvl and pay for tw expenses but no 1 has coin to donate no donations since i started 5 days ago. keepng my guild maintained with inactives who fell out of game im just like confused how am i suppose to maintain a tw focused guild if we dont have reward as a goal i dont cs so i cant afford to attack a land and not get refunded or set up towers and not get refunded or pay for cata scrolls to defend faction land.

**we are a single land faction and were not attacked last week to be honest thats the 1st time in 2 years ive ever seen that happen where a faction wasnt attacked when they were still new to owning a land. . .tw is screwed please im contemplating quitting no im not qqing and also ppl who down talk ppl complaing **** or gtfo lol
  • Rerun - Harshlands
    Rerun - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    We are all Fool........ we know we are being fed **** but were told its good for us. But for some reason, we keep eating that **** fooling ourself thinking it good for us.
    We all need to wake up. U all know pwe running business here, which mean they gonna take as much coins out of ur pockets but same time pretending caring about us and what our concerns.
    So either we all suck it in knowing we being screwed over and over or move on from this game. Simple.....
    But if u choose 2nd choice, we just gotta let new comers and other know that why we make the 2nd choice. So keep this thread alive and let the word out but don't fight each other tho.
    We should be sending our msg to pwe dev and employees of pwe example GMs. Chances of them hearing our msg gonna be very slim but hey....... we spreading the msg.. that all it count for now.
    Peace ...... out....... side.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I remember when the price of gold was only about 20k/1, now I see it at 150k+, it's not the devs, gms, or sales entirely(if those reasons at all), it's also us as a community hiking up prices to get more money than we need that inflate the economy.

You're an idiot, Maybe its the packs that cost 1 gold and give items which can be traded 2 for 10million coins which are hiking up gold prices?
    Maybe the reason gold prices shot up over 200,000 coins was due to the chest of coins which give 1million coins for 5 gold? (making gold worth AT LEAST 200k coins EACH)

The rises have NOTHING to do with TW pay.

Seriously, if you don't know anything, don't say anything. Simple.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    fix the screwed up bidding already!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
This discussion has been closed.