An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• Nekhebet - Heavens Tear
    Nekhebet - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms and fake bids every week. You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.

On HT players will still "depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart" to get "a diverse TW". Enrage will own the map in 6 weeks and we didn't even need to fake bid to achieve that. So u'r changes are worth nothing. The only thing i can say is that instead of making the TW feature interesting whit the new patch u just gave us the chance to own the map without no effort and tbh without any costs.
    I just hope next major update won't kill the game for good cause well now that TW is boring i assume u will "FIX" pwe content b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just another veno!!!
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    On HT players will still "depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart" to get "a diverse TW". Enrage will own the map in 6 weeks and we didn't even need to fake bid to achieve that. So u'r changes are worth nothing. The only thing i can say is that instead of making the TW feature interesting whit the new patch u just gave us the chance to own the map without no effort and tbh without any costs.
    I just hope next major update won't kill the game for good cause well now that TW is boring i assume u will "FIX" pwe content b:chuckle

Yeah, the #2 use to last 1.5hrs and use a whole charm.

Now Fighting #2 AND #3 lasted 11 and 40mins and barely broke into my charm.

This is TW on the cheap.

I just saved a ton of money on my TW by switching to Failco TW insurance.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    Chasee - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    PWi is over..
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well...at least PKing will be popular....right? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    on harshlands server, i dunno if kylin is disbanding cuz they are losing, cuz there is no more salary or both reasons. But as far as improving the tw system and making it more competitive...you've left zulu to take over about 20+ no show tw's with these changes. Many ppl have stopped playing because there is no competition. I feel like im playing Mario and have already beaten bowser in the water world...before the game was even over. PW isnt even supposed to have an end. With less ppl playing and no drive for competition i feel no need to cash shop and barely feel the need to tw. I feel like ive bought a new flavor of soda and hate it...but i drink it anyways just cuz i dont want to waste the money i spent.

my analogies are lame...but i think a lot of ppl are feeling the same way. just some food for thought
  • Emouse - Archosaur
    Emouse - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If gold fall donw like GM said on all server (atm) rich ppl who earned money on TW pay (before) will much powerfull than ppl who didnt and they will have charms (100%) it isnt fair -.- still CS will owning @ TW/PK

other way with new server just CS will owining @TW/PK other ppl will stat fair cuz no1 havent coins at start...

Why GMs Dont back old style of game?wihtout packs?(maybe 1 week in 60day),with hypers(helping alot and its cheap),ofc could be old tw pay/or not -.-' (without oracles and hypers(maybe) ppl will back on RBs/Zhen)

all ppl will have fair fight,CS will be strong but not too much they will have better gear but if they dont know to play and lvlup their char all ppl will have a chance to beat tham.
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    It isme or people even wanta discuss for death game?
  • josim
    josim Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The reason is this: The patch just came out, and some time really has to pass before any of us truly knows the effects of it.

I'm reading all of your concerns and I've thrown in some of my own opinions about the patch. Kantorek has done the same. I read you loud and clear; the TW pay has been decreased and you're worried about not being able to afford charms anymore. You feel like we're ruining a beautiful part of the game. I understand that; this is a pretty big change to the system, so it's normal that you're worried about it.

I love TW. It and the Gold Trade system are my two favorite parts about PWI; TW brings factions together for a hardcore, team-oriented endgame event. The Gold Trade system makes it so that no player is excluded from the Cash Shop, as long as they're willing to put time and effort into the game. These two systems are what differentiate PWI from every other F2P out there.

Let me just assure you that we do NOT want to ruin the TW system. From what I understand, these changes were implemented to combat problems that have plagued longer-running versions of PW -- those in Malaysia and China. I have to say that I do like the idea of taking what we know about those versions and using it to try to protect this version.

What I'm asking is that we give this system some time before condemning it for good. There has been a lot of speculation, and the majority of you are very much against it, and that's been noted, believe me.

But for now, this is the game, and these are the changes that have been made to it. We will be closely monitoring what happens with TW over this next month, and Konari, Aryanna, and myself will be on these boards to hear you out during the process.

---

Update:

The changes should make TW far more competitive.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

#2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it.

With the new rules in place, huge factions will no longer be getting enough coins from the TW system to be able to afford Charms and fake bids every week. You will no longer have to depend on a faction disbanding out of the kindness of its heart to have a diverse TW map.

Making TW more competitive? lol Factions stopped bidding how is that supposed to be competitive? seriously
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    #2 - Being able to either pay for charms or fake bids, both of which give them a huge advantage over a non-TW faction.

Doesn't the current change actually solve the quoted #2 issue above? If factions don't bid because they fear they will lose their coin and not be assured of getting a war, then that's an issue that could be addressed further by truly sealed bids. As noted elsewhere the amount of the bids are sealed, but you know when a land has bid bid on... can't you, if you are the current land owner with a "fake" faction, then simply bid the max 200M to ensure that you don't lose your land?

If the new system shows you that a land has been bid on only AFTER bidding has closed, then the issue of "fake bids" is truly addressed. If you can still see that a bid was made, and only the amount is sealed, then it doesn't address the problem at all--dominant faction simply overbids with 200M; back to square one except now the little guy doesn't get his bid refunded (thus why there are no bids?).

Do not announce bidding status on specific lands until AFTER bidding has closed.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for killing TW Frankie and not listening to your customers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Doesn't the current change actually solve the quoted #2 issue above? If factions don't bid because they fear they will lose their coin and not be assured of getting a war, then that's an issue that could be addressed further by truly sealed bids. As noted elsewhere the amount of the bids are sealed, but you know when a land has bid bid on... can't you, if you are the current land owner with a "fake" faction, then simply bid the max 200M to ensure that you don't lose your land?

If the new system shows you that a land has been bid on only AFTER bidding has closed, then the issue of "fake bids" is truly addressed. If you can still see that a bid was made, and only the amount is sealed, then it doesn't address the problem at all--dominant faction simply overbids with 200M; back to square one except now the little guy doesn't get his bid refunded (thus why there are no bids?).

Do not announce bidding status on specific lands until AFTER bidding has closed.

If a dominant faction bids 200M in the current system, that's 200M lost, so I really don't see it happening.

Also, I'm taking down many of the views expressed here to be forwarded to China, so please keep them coming if you haven't shared your opinion yet.
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If a dominant faction bids 200M in the current system, that's 200M lost, so I really don't see it happening.

Also, I'm taking down many of the views expressed here to be forwarded to China, so please keep them coming if you haven't shared your opinion yet.

Fake bidding wasn't much of an issue before, at least on dreamweaver. And now it would just be a waste, because the 2nd strongest faction seems to have largely given up on tw as it is, having difficulty getting 80 people for wars and so on. Other than that, it hasn't done anything to make the tws be more competitive than they were before now.

If needed i'll go find some posts from Equinox members to confirm this.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010

That's not a good point.

The new system encourages people only to bid the minimum bid, because it won't be refunded even if you win. With everyone bidding the minimum, a fake bid only needs to be what, 100k higher than the opening minimum bid?

So people who would fake bid only need to bid that much higher to knock a faction out of TW for that week. The fake faction wouldn't get a refund under either system, so this is a net loss for your argument that it is for 'competitive TW'.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Why do you keep on about 200mil and the dominant Faction for ?
    In my time on PW I can only remember seeing one 200mil bid and that was 2 weeks ago ( by a non-dominant faction )

The dominant faction can only take 1 land per week regardless of the bid size and if they manage to take the whole map, kudos to them for working for x amount of months to do it.

The changes havent affected the dominant factions at all, at least not in a negative way. If anything the changes are good for them.

The changes have:

A ) Made people lose interest in TW with the new bidding system = less bids on dominant faction = Good for them

B ) Harder for smaller factions to work together to gank the dominant one = Good for them.

Seriously stop listening to the spin your bosses give you and listen to your players .
    The players seem to know more about PWI than your bosses .. It's simple listen to them .. before you lose them ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In Archosaur, I've seen Narla (The dominant faction in Archosaur server) bid 200 mil around 4 times just to protect their cities. They also bid 200 mil right before the patch info came out (Which everyone in the server lol'd at).

Basically, the GMs and devs are just doing their jobs, and their job is to listen to their bosses, not their players. And they need their salaries, so what do they do? They listen to bosses that give them money.

Someone needs to shove a boss here to look at the chaos in the forums.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
    edited August 2010
    The changes havent affected the dominant factions at all, at least not in a negative way. If anything the changes are good for them.

The changes have:

A ) Made people lose interest in TW with the new bidding system = less bids on dominant faction = Good for them

B ) Harder for smaller factions to work together to gank the dominant one = Good for them.

C ) Salary leechers have mostly moved on. The people left are in faction for the right reasons.

D ) Less competition = faster wars = less charm burm = less cash/gold/coin spent.

People are still applying to faction, that hasn't changed. Except we know they're not applying for salary anymore. This will make our faction even stronger and better. Also more difficult to beat in war, perhaps not immediately, but definitely in the long run.
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    C ) Salary leechers have mostly moved on. The people left are in faction for the right reasons.

D ) Less competition = faster wars = less charm burm = less cash/gold/coin spent.

People are still applying to faction, that hasn't changed. Except we know they're not applying for salary anymore. This will make our faction even stronger and better. Also more difficult to beat in war, perhaps not immediately, but definitely in the long run.

Salary leechers? Usually, the TW pay just covers the costs of TW, and it usually does not give them extra profit. That is the case for me, but I guess there are those that pretend to work, but don't and get profit. Either way, it still negatively affects the guilds that actually work for what they want.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010

There's only been one 200mil bid ever made on my server, and that was during the Tideborn release. HDT (if I remember correctly) made the bid to secure themselves as the first faction to take and hold the new expansion lands (which they quickly lost a few weeks later).

This "200mil fake bid" thing you keep going on about either: A) never happend, or: B) happened on one or two servers over the past 2 years.

Edit: It might have been xBushidox
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited August 2010
    Salary leechers? Usually, the TW pay just covers the costs of TW, and it usually does not give them extra profit. That is the case for me, but I guess there are those that pretend to work, but don't and get profit. Either way, it still negatively affects the guilds that actually work for what they want.

Yes, those that would regularly sign up and make the reserves but never get put in formation... in our faction for being prepared, in vent and online for war you get 1/2 salary if you're not put into formation.

Not having salary kinda does hurt a bit, but some people just won't attend TW if they don't get paid for it.

The costs for some classes are either really expensive or really light... and in a lot of cases TW pay easily does cover their expenses. Defense teams, scouts, EP hunters... It's the Cata and DD teams that have the highest costs associated with war.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010

If a dominant faction bidded 200M in the old system, that's 20M lost, and it never happened.

I really don't get where you're coming from.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why do you keep on about 200mil and the dominant Faction for ?
    In my time on PW I can only remember seeing one 200mil bid and that was 2 weeks ago ( by a non-dominant faction )
    This "200mil fake bid" thing you keep going on about either: A) never happend, or: B) happened on one or two servers over the past 2 years.

Enrage has dropped 200 mill twice I think, both on Rad's lands if I remember right a while back. But still, it wasnt a fake bid, it was legit to only secure a split between the 2nd and 3rd powerful faction at that time, Enrage wanted ganks on them possible instead of the other 2 factions fighting it out.

Drakon dropped 200 mill only weeks ago on the HT server, on a completely dead faction.

Its happen atleast 3 times if I remember right on HT.

If that isnt allow, then wow, so much for tactics...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Ever met a super rich TWing veno with a nix?

I knew several that made bank from TW, since all they had to do was kite with a nix. Minimal input (like a bronze charm) and maximum gain.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • magnt
    magnt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    YOU REALLY DON'T GET IT b:chuckle

ok let me explain, don't wanna troll just explain a few things.
    About TW war like many posting here all rdy explained.
    When you are a strong Faction owning many lands, you won't fight one war But SEVERAL.
    You will need then depending on class lots of charms HP and MP
    You will have high repair cost.
    You will expect to have some TW pay to help You join the War, not feeling **** and cheap not been able to Purelly use ZEN from your own $ to buy charm.Most Barbs wouldn't join any TW if they cannot have salary to buy charms, most of the time the salary won't be enough for them anyway.

Problem here, is we have every week end, equal in Coin power people joining a great event to have fun pking and defending their own terri or attacking new ones and PW don't get ANY bonus from it, they want to participate into that funny event and force you to use YOUR OWN $ ..why posting 100 reply.

This is simple as that ..no Salary from TW ..more ZEN charge ..comparing to PW-MY ..

Lol why don't we have access to Yen or MYR then to buy cheap Zen like they do, they have access so easily to the Zen boutique cause the money currency they use is so ****

1.00 USD = 3.22 MYR
    1.00 EUR = 4.04 MYR

I know iam talking about Zen again but open your eyes ..Business is business.

'' Its a game !! '' lol yea ..it could have been.

One thing makes me sad as you may be, is starting like that, PW will not stop at TW.
    People NOT ABLE to charge Zen will feel **** and look for excuses not to TW.

So basicly force most of player to quit and look around for new games having a better system.

Many players could manage to enjoy PWI even if they were not rich, gathering most, not anymore.

Hitting TW salary is just the badest Idea You guys ever had.
    Its not much, just enough to buy ONE SINGLE charm and few pots/att charms.

Well done greedy Managers..good luck with it now .
    Oh and yea '' lets try this system a month ''

WE KNOW YOU WELL COME ON my freinds b:laugh

A month means a year to react for PW ..

Have fun, peace .. perso im looking for another game ...seriously PWI was a great game.
    But well not owned by the right peoples ..respect to GMs its not their fault guys.
    They loose pwi they loose a lot more than us a game ..even if PW have many other games like boi or else ..surely may take the same dead end road ..but im pointing at those business manager that want to much this time ..to bad
    b:bye

Peace and sorry for my english, not my native language.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Update:

The changes should make TW far more competitive.

The old way, once a faction holds half the map, they are making 300M coin per week, which leads to:

#1 - Poaching elite players from smaller factions who want to get in on the Coins.

So the huge faction continues winning its battles (whether they are legit battles or fake battles), and it wins 90% of every winning bid. Legit wins give them a new source of income, and fake bid wins only cost them 10% of the bid that they themselves made (keep in mind that you don't need charms for a fake battle).

Eventually, the dominant faction has enough coins to outbid everyone for 200M coins each through fake bids. They then get back 90% of each of these 200M coin bids. The map ultimately is entirely theirs.

This is why, with the former system, PW in Malaysia and China ultimately ended up with the territory war map completely taken over and nothing anyone could do about it.

I find it hilarious that instead of looking at your own servers history of TW, TW Payout and Gold prices, to see how many 200m bids were made you went straight to the one server that doesn't looks like anything PWI servers look like.

Next week, will you give us 5 Gold per every USD we charge, just because that's how much we will get if we were to charge our money in Malaysian or Chinese servers?

The one server that achieved a full map, gave it back away for the fun of TW. The other servers that have had a dominant faction. Have barely ever had 200m bids on their servers, and when those happened, they always had a reason behind it that barely ever involved the dominant faction.

You cannot compare PW-CN or MY servers with PWI servers,
    the number of players is not the same: whats the market size in China/MY vs the market size in PWI servers?
    the amount of players that use a cash shop is not the same: whats the % of people that have used a prepaid card or a credit card vs the ones that have never used it for both game titles?
    the amount of money spent in the cash shop is not the same: How much on average do they spend, compared to those versions? What can they adquire with their income?
    The time the servers have been open its not the same: PWI is 2 years old, how old are the PW CN/MY servers? Old enough for a faction to control a map for well over a year maybe? Here just 2 servers have gotten it done, and none of them could last over a month with that control.
    the control to the "game order" is not the same: here I can get banned for making my eyes of a freakishly blue color if my character editor screen doesnt allow it. In CN/MY fan screenshots I see alien-like TBs all over the place. Here bots are reported and GMs generally have a fairly quick response (I mean under 1 week >.<) when you compare it to the amount of farming bots that the game cannot control in CN/MY versions.

Because your child has a headache, you don't just give him 2 adult aspirins assuming it will turn into a migraine just like it happens with your brother. It could be anything from dehydration to Lyme's disease. If you do give him an aspirin right away, it could have been dengue fever, and you just provoked him an hemorrhagic fever from your "prevention system".

Give your own servers more time to adapt to the overflow of packs, the excess of anniversary packs, the lack of gold supplied directly through AH to non cash players, control the freakish amount of money you yourselves inject to the economy through such packs, events and make lesser versions of items that are cash shop only acquirable through a merchant. Just like you can get an ugly brown horse for 1.5m coin (4-5 gold) at the pet manager, but the pretty mounts cost you way more than that.

I would pay 200-300k coin to a merchant for a bronze charm, 500-600k for a silver one.
    I would pay 800k-900k coins for 10 tisha stones, if a merchant was selling it.
    Who wouldn't? and it would be a real, useful sink of coin, not this really lame excuse you have brought us because "it worked in China" even thought it doesn't looks at all like PWI servers

I already gave my point of view on TW pay, which could be made warsoul tags or even event cash shop instead of this useless mirage cut of our income by 90%. But how about, make TW an event-like instance, keep the same mechanics as they are right now. 80 people 2 crystals, 4-8 catapults, certain towers. Give contribution points based on Damage dealt to a target/PK kill count, as well as damage dealt to a crystal by a squad (which would benefit largely the CT squads, the ones that take the higher toll of costs during TW). Give the winner faction extra points just like you do to winner rooms in CoA and have them being able to trade in their contribution point rewards for prizes that would make them better at the game. Not stupid mounts or fashion. But shards, gear, charms, stuff like that.

It's funny, because you guys have made every tool available to make your own game decent. and you yourselves chose the worse way to use them when it comes to "balancing". You have a survival and damage index on every player's build, which you can see through an eye of observation. The sum of said index (I hope and assume) of every player in each faction = Total "Payout" of a faction (index you see when a faction attacks some land). Best way to stop fake bidding would be to assign (after the enemy has been declared) randomly the land a faction attacks. Taking into account proximity to land, and faction power index alongside with ELO Rating system, so that attacks are all evened out.

To be put up easily:
    1) War declaration begins. 12 factions declare war on Calamity and pick a territory. It ends. Equinox, Dynasty, Vanquish, HDT, Violated, _Legacy_, Exclusive and 2 fake bids attacked us.
    2) Of all those factions, the ones with a land dispute, will have the option to either have a bid war (with no refund) or attack a different land
    3) After all disputes are settled, the ELO Rating system + Faction power index selects a RANDOM schedule for the whole TW weekend. just like right now, 3 wars a time slot, 6 available time slots.

Fake bidding in PWI (and Im sure in China and MY servers too) has never been aimed for 1 easy TW, but to break a hard TW time slot, because its very clear, that the schedule depends on what land you attack in the map. Factions that are defending it, fake bid to break 2-3 great contenders of slotting together. Attacking factions fake bid to get slotted together.

Have you guys even considered the reality of Perfect World International servers while you were uploading this update into our servers? Because it seems like your response is pretty well based on the reality of PW China and Malaysian servers. Not ours. Should drop by more often in our servers for other than announcing that a black raptor taxi is the best kind of taxi.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Chasee - Archosaur
    edited August 2010

And Why u understand we are not inChina or Malasya...
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And Why u understand we are not inChina or Malasya...

Not we are not but the developers of PWI are which is what Frankie meant.
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    **** game management is ****.

+1 to Andres post

@ frankieraye - dude, lemme tell ya sumthin': I know that you don't have a poopie in saying what's happening in PWI, but that doesn't mean some of you shouldn't put the problem on the table in the right way.
    PWE as any other company on the face of this fked up Earth is trying to make some cash. Tell them they won't make cash and they might think again moving stuff from China to PWI.
    Now this fake bidding **** excuse is so lame, on a scale from 1 to 10 it hits about 35. I remember the same kind of poopie being thrown at players when retarnni packs came out and the players complained about gold prices: OMG, Xarfox posted a sticky about how much you guys care about those prices, and will do everything to make the player base happy. I rofl then, I rofl now.
    Someone must be mentally challenged to think that a "fix" that works in a eastern culture will absolutely work in a western culture also. It's the biggest proof of ignorance I ever seen and just wrong on so many levels I don't even want to go down that road trying to point out the obvious mistakes because I have other plans IRL for the next 2 years or so.

In the end, CONGRATS for FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFinG up the one last instance that was really fun and rewarding to do in this game. Now watch it die.
    I hope you go broke (or EA buys you out then closes your office). There is not a better suitable fate for someone who had the chicken that lay golden eggs but decided that selling chicken soup is a better choice than selling golden eggs
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If a dominant faction bidded 200M in the old system, that's 20M lost, and it never happened.

I really don't get where you're coming from.

Yes it happened, when Equinox took 1k we bid 200 million for it.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes it happened, when Equinox took 1k we bid 200 million for it.
    I believe you mean City of The Lost, the last PvE land in the server before Tideborn Patch. There's a TW report on that bid somewhere in DW forums.

frakie tries to explain that with the old system a faction could secure 1 land by bidding 200m on it, and cashing back 180 million of refund from the war + TW pay of 10-30m. to either not lose any coin, even out or earn 10m a week, depending on the level.

He then implies that, a dominant TW faction of 200 members will continue to poach, take over and steal players for every small faction, as if the 200 members limit was non existent and they could just grab elite players and dish out the "less elite", or as in if elite players would like to be sit out during a main event attack/defense war weekend, or as if we all magically enjoy each other's company so we would all be BFF4E just to cash in 560+m coin a weekend. If this was true, people like Illyana, Aubree, DrAgOOnZ, chezedude, nammi, whathappend, camel_toe, flowhappend, _Cloud_, SmexyGal, Spaded, Magiere, TEMPLAR, etc would be in Calamity, not in Equinox, HDT, Dynasty, etc.

What frankie fails to realize is that in the game he's GM of, there's more than 2 factions, and a faction that owns it all holds 47 territories, not 2, not 3. That their servers hold (according to themselves) nearly 100k players in total, that averages around 12.5 thousand players per server, or 7 full factions if we were to speak about distributing all players in each server to fill factions.

If 1 faction dominates, it has to fight (at least) 6 other factions. that means the opposition has a chance to pick 6 out of 47 attack points. While the defending force would have to be split its income between 47 fake bids, to prove him right. And even then, before the "dominant" faction can coordinate 47 fake defenses, the "resistance" can easily coordinate 3 attacks in 3 adjacent lands so that they can get the time slot they've been waiting to fight 240 vs 200. Fake bidding, as it was before the update, was never a "dominating faction" tool only. It was the tool of every smart TW strategist in every server. As I remember seeing 3 way attacks from Equinox, Vanquish and Dinasty being broken by Exclusive/Bloodfire/insertasmallfactionnamehere bidding, and then immediately 2 fake bids would come up, to re-reschedule the whole time slots. Still, PWI customer service was pretty swift to detect and punish fake bidding in my experience. If I recall correctly, Lightaine's **** up on TW bidding happened 2 hours before TW was closed, and Tyranny was already banned by the time TW was closed that week.

Don't use the pre-made answers CN/MY developers give you. Take a look at your servers and admit you have done wrong with this update. I'm not saying PWI customer service is the most awesome piece of artwork ever invented in the face of online gaming, but I bet it's sure way better and way faster than the one on CN/MY versions. They chose the easy way, you could have done so much better.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Andres b:cute
This discussion has been closed.