Hello, Cash Shopper Speaking

Options

Comments

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd also like to point out, Gold has dropped again.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Go away already. You've already proven you don't understand why. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

They took out two packs and put in a crappy one. What do you expect?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Wrong! It's the lack of massive TW pays! It's already in effect, can't you see that!

It's really wonderful that they decided to finally do something about those hundreds of millions and the evil top factions who obviously organized a cartel so that gold would stay around 400,000 each.

b:cute
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You fail to consider lurking variables such as coral packs. b:bye

Coral packs aren't worth buying.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Maybe in your server, i dont see the difference between now and before, took out second pack, bring in charms.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You fail to consider lurking variables such as coral packs. b:bye

Coral packs aren't worth buying.

But apparently people still do.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OMG you are freaking stupid.

If someone goes to the Mysterious Merchant and uses coin and chips to make a new mat, the coin and the chips disappear. It is a coin sink, making that coin unavailable to another person. That coin would be gone forever.

-Duh! That's exactly the point I was making ****. People don't seem to grasp the concept of saving coin is = to creating coin.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    -Duh! That's exactly the point I was making ****. People don't seem to grasp the concept of saving coin is = to creating coin.

I'll be honest and say I don't understand this at all. How is new coin being introduced in the economy when I save coins? If I don't chip mats and farm them or buy them from another player, how is that creating new coin?

ie. If the total amount of coins in circulation currently is 100 billion, how is new coin created if I decide to pay 10m for a mat to player B? I am now 10m poorer, he is 10m richer, the net effect is 0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

So shouldn't we be thanking PW? They took a hit to their earnings to help fix this issue.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

HT's gold prices have been odd.....for the past few days.

Buy-wise was a mere 350K for about 1 hr a few days ago, and yes, I was able to get 45 gold for the price of 350K too! lol Then it rose back up to 450K.

I wonder if someone sold like $1000 worth of gold.....those prices were unbelievably low....

Now, gold is about 440K-400K last I check, sell-wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    350k is not unbelieveably low, its incredibly high.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited August 2010
    Options
    350k is not unbelieveably low, its incredibly high.

I consider that low since we havent seen such a price in months.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    In any event, coin isn't dissappearing from the economy, it's still being created in larger numbers than possibly every other source of coin creation combined.

What Michael said there seems to be the heart of the argument in favour of removing the 10mil note.

It is an interesting point to debate, however Fuzzy finds himself on the other side of the argument. Me would disagree that it is the source of the biggest injection of coin into the economy.

Fuzzy suspects the larger percentage of the gaming population are not opening packs at the rate which you all seem to think. It is a small number of people that are obtaining the same item over and over again. Those who do spend a ton on packs are getting rich, but this is a minority of any one servers population. These are also the same people that are spending their zen on the packs. Fuzzy suspects they are not the ones who take the time to merchant their gold through the AH, thus not the ones directly setting the "sell" price.

People simply picking up drops, 2m cards from events like the Nein, cards from cube, cards from bh 100, (until recently) TW pay, turning in a quest, the list of other ways new coins is also produced goes on and on. The increase in the player base over time has exponentially increased the rate at which all of this is happening.

Fuzzy takes issue simply with the idea that the 10m notes are the single biggest creator of new coin and the biggest contributor to the inflation of gold prices.

However, since there is no real way to track the actual amount of coin being generated on any server on any given day, both sides of this argument are built on speculation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A LOW price would be 80k a gold. Of course even I can agree that such a price is stupid. With the current rate of leveling everyone does, they aren't a low enough level long enough to need gold to even be down to 100k each. 200k each would be a reasonable price for new players to be able to afford gold without too much issue.

At this point below 200k is low, everything else is high.
    Main characters
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A LOW price would be 80k a gold. Of course even I can agree that such a price is stupid. With the current rate of leveling everyone does, they aren't a low enough level long enough to need gold to even be down to 100k each. 200k each would be a reasonable price for new players to be able to afford gold without too much issue.

Whatever.....made 7 mill off of it so I'm happy....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • ahhao
    ahhao Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately they still don't give a damn about our opinions....some BS regarding how they are 'concerned' about the economy, gold price rising etc etc and that they are looking into discussions with the devs and thats about as good as it gets.
    The point is that people are still charging zen regardless and as long as there are, well, frankly they don't care.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hi. It's not 2008 any more. Welcome back b:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hi. It's not 2008 any more. Welcome back b:bye

I don't care about YOU or any other high levels. If lower levels can't afford it the price is too high. Guess what, they can't afford it.
    Main characters
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't care about YOU or any other high levels. If lower levels can't afford it the price is too high. Guess what, they can't afford it.

Lower levels can't afford Love: Up and Downs. Not everybody can drive a Ferrari. Welcome to life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What do lower levels need? Charms for TW? +10 dragon orbs? PACKS?!?!!?b:shocked

/QQmoar
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lower levels can't afford Love: Up and Downs. Not everybody can drive a Ferrari. Welcome to life.

Im pretty sure I love you for this comment +120 lmfao
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Here's how unbelievably stupid this constant ranting is over gold prices:

1) Some were making 10m a day off just the nien event. That's equivalent to about $25 cash for 1 1/2 hours work.
    2) PWI lowered expenses for new toons greatly by implementing supply stash and weapon mold quests. -Already pointed out 1m ahead by lvl 30 for a MELEE class without vending!
    3) Everyone including non cash shoppers are benefiting immensely from packs by less required farming.
    4) During double drops, I made ~1m / hr grinding not including the mats I was farming.
    5) BH1 for Lv. 100+ puts out a ton of coin and reduces costs immensely! A great coin sink is necessary to counter this.
    6) Only a few people are complaining and they lack any reason whatsoever.
    7) Some of the best equipped players are non cash shoppers.
    8) Only new mounts in CS are hard to acquire. Resale price of old mounts have gone down.
    9) Charms are only necessary for fail builds and misappropriated funds.
    10) BH's are much faster, more profitable, and even tolerable unwined now thanks to packs.

Thread failed: End of story. 400k per gold is CHEAP! Quit badgering PWI over this non issue and get them to fix things like the many bugs that are costing us coin, xp, time, rep that have been plaguing us an unreasonable amount of time. Why aren't people whining about losing rep in FB59, 89 now? -Because they're stupid and prefer complaining about non existent problems? What about the pet attack bug? What about RB 1k bug?
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Here's how unbelievably stupid this constant ranting is over gold prices:

well time to pick apart some horrible logic
    1) Some were making 10m a day off just the nien event. That's equivalent to about $25 cash for 1 1/2 hours work.

Oh you mean the Top 5 People of each class? Not to mention they are probably the Top Cash Shoppers on the Server to begin with? How do you think they win those events?
    And to top it off no one could possibly make 10 mil a DAY every Day they Did an event thats like saying Someone wins the Lottery everytime they Played it.

2) PWI lowered expenses for new toons greatly by implementing supply stash and weapon mold quests. -Already pointed out 1m ahead by lvl 30 for a MELEE class without vending!

Oh look another random useless tangent, well let me straighten it out for you. Supply Stash first of all is giving small trinkets in order to help the newer player advance in game.

Also the mold quests was because Tideborn weapons didnt drop, and those quests are only for tideborn which you failed to mention. Oh and the lower level Molds as your trying to say? Ya they sell for about 150k on a good day, and thats just enough to buy their skills at 30 since they get an influx of them.

3) Everyone including non cash shoppers are benefiting immensely from packs by less required farming.

LMAO are you dense? People dont farm less, they farm more in order to sell things or Merchant in order to get packs and pray they are a lucky sob to get something worth while. If not its back to farming (Aka getting money)

4) During double drops, I made ~1m / hr grinding not including the mats I was farming.

Your a Herc Veno Duma$$, if you cant make money idk who Can.

Venos get no repair bill, minimal pot bill, and a Giant Shield to Help you kill things quicker.

I want to see you farm that exact same as a Barb, i dare yah

5) BH1 for Lv. 100+ puts out a ton of coin and reduces costs immensely! A great coin sink is necessary to counter this.

Oh yah because 2mil at 100 is really a ton of money. To learn some skills it costs 1.5mil and then their repair bill on top of that and other expenses and they still have other choices. Your acting like that is the only option lolololol
    6) Only a few people are complaining and they lack any reason whatsoever.

Oh Whats your definition of a Few because I have seen pages upon pages since the packs came out of people complaining.

Oh and odviously you didnt even read this thread alone because I have come across plenty of reasons posted by others. I think your either Stupid, lack logic, or the most fail troll i've seen to date, pick one

7) Some of the best equipped players are non cash shoppers.

LOLOLOLOL ROFLSTOMP

Oh SO NOW your going to tell me those people with Warsoul farmed it? because those are the best equipped people in the game right now. J

Just stop for your own good really.

8) Only new mounts in CS are hard to acquire. Resale price of old mounts have gone down.

And the Put put mounts at 30 are still free, Birds still chirp, and Dogs still bark, Your point being?
    9) Charms are only necessary for fail builds and misappropriated funds.
    LMAO ok lets see.

I want to see how long a Gamma would last without any type of Cash Shopping (Event food or Charms) or even Delta

I want to see what would happen in a Charmless TW.
    Fail, next?

10) BH's are much faster, more profitable, and even tolerable unwined now thanks to packs.

I dont even have to comment on this, its fail enough as is

Thread failed: End of story. 400k per gold is CHEAP! Quit badgering PWI over this non issue and get them to fix things like the many bugs that are costing us coin that have been plaguing us an unreasonable amount of time.

Oh yah its super cheap compared to 100k, yep because 400k<100k

Hows that GED comingb:chuckle

lolololumad?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not a cash shopper. There's absolutely no economy problem created by packs. Good merchants in most cases pwn heavy cash shoppers. When gold was 100k per I could have made a modest living just playing the game against the rules. The price of gold HAD to change. The events I can see a problem with. -The rich get richer. It's the same for vendors also but at least effort has to go up with it.

Wanna see why people complain? Look at the Veno forums where they whine about being treated as fails because they have no Herc. Well, what are they spending their coin on if you can make 1m just off one character in a few days time at the lowest levels? -That's with getting all the skills desired and no direct merching!

For the record, I suck at vending. I do a lot of grinding and made a lot off events. The point is you don't even have to be a great vendor, people just need to put in the effort, stop paying for XP, and stop pointing fingers because they fail.

How many people out of 100 happen to pick up coin drops? Have you ever put the effort in to see how much they're discarding? I found that I was making significantly more in coin than in DQ yet people whined about DQ prices as if it was the main income! -It was like 3rd on the list after a 300 mob tally. You don't even have to NPC coin to get coin from coin. People are just lazy, jealous, and whiney.

Charms are a luxury: not a necessity. Instead people use them to compensate for their fail builds and poor equips which leads to an endless loss of potential.
    good post =o
    alot of this guys posts' afterwards have some sad truth to it. Just its so sad, pple dont want to admit it. Its like pple demanding a set standard of living they choose, and QQing cause its not met
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

When the game started, I was able to afford a flyer before I was 50, and tons of other things. I'd regularly buy 2-3 gold a day after I bought everything else. THAT is affordable for low players. Getting the things that help make playing much better like inventory stones, bank stones. I had full inventory and bank by time I was 60, a hercules at 75. All from buying gold from the auction house. That is how the game is supposed to be for new players.

Of course high levels always ignore low levels, they are blinded by their own greed so much they don't even realize how greedy they are.
    Main characters
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thread failed: End of story. 400k per gold is CHEAP! Quit badgering PWI over this non issue and get them to fix things like the many bugs that are costing us coin, xp, time, rep that have been plaguing us an unreasonable amount of time.
    I find myself agreeing with most of what you're saying. After all, most of my in-game fortunes have been made thanks to the majority of the players refusing to pay "high" Gold prices, which lets me buy lots of under-priced Gold and re-sell the results to those same players for a mark-up.

However, just because you and I may be clever enough to do the math doesn't change the fact that the majority of the player-base goes by what their gut tells them instead.

Objectively, yes, Gold is cheap at 400k, but perceptions are more important because this is an entertainment industry. PT Barnum made a fortune ripping people off because his customers were happy to be ripped off, but the PWI player-base isn't happy right now.

That being said, though, the latest threats of quitting and mass-exoduses seem to me to be no different than all the other threats of quitting and mass-exoduses of the past, namely that they exist on the forums and in WC but the game servers remain full as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • tweakz
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When the game started, I was able to afford a flyer before I was 50, and tons of other things.

Yep, now we can get them at Lvl 30 as I already pointed out! -fail
    I'd regularly buy 2-3 gold a day after I bought everything else. THAT is affordable for low players.

They don't need as much gold now thanks to implements I've already covered. -Again fail!
    Getting the things that help make playing much better like inventory stones, bank stones. I had full inventory and bank by time I was 60, a hercules at 75. All from buying gold from the auction house. That is how the game is supposed to be for new players.

PWE determines, not you and really there isn't a significant difference for new players as I already pointed out. -Again fail.
    Of course high levels always ignore low levels, they are blinded by their own greed so much they don't even realize how greedy they are.

Your concept of greed is more like your idealism of communism where everyone gets the same amount of reward no matter the effort, skill, training, etc. You also have no clue on the value of shop space or services rendered. You're relatively alone when it comes to your extreme views on greed.

I did say "end of discussion". Just pointing out here that the same faulty arguments are still being used. The QQ'ers lost. Get over it.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Many player were expressing their opinions over and over. Lately it was about the change of TW pay. I wonder what else should be said. We can go into detail like "what could make us a healthy economy" but it won't help. This game is free to play and pw has to get its money. By those who are willing to pay. That leads to the distiortions we have and that makes the interesting parts of the game partly worthless. For cashshopper and non-cashopper alike.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Many player were expressing their opinions over and over. Lately it was about the change of TW pay. I wonder what else should be said. We can go into detail like "what could make us a healthy economy" but it won't help. This game is free to play and pw has to get its money. By those who are willing to pay. That leads to the distiortions we have and that makes the interesting parts of the game partly worthless. For cashshopper and non-cashopper alike.

But sadly enough the Stock exchange showed that PWE made more money when packs weren't here/first introduced (first week) but then its been down hill ever since lol