[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I love how everyone is complaining about packs being here but everyone is buying packs?!?! duke dont shut up about who has won what lol.
    everyone is complaining about gold prices but constantly buying gold at those inflated prices!
    everyone is complaining about how noone will be able to afford to buy charms for TWs anymore! but if noone can afford to buy charms aint it still gonna be the same playing field, everyone will die much eaiser!
    everyone was complaining about how expensive everything was getting to buy and now complaining about how prices are gonna drop?
    everyone needs to deside what they are gonna QQ about and stick to it. QQing about everything kinda makes it loose its effectivness.
    anyways thats my post for the year have fun peoples and to all the people running this game i say good job at fixing things when you can, and thank you for all the extra content you have given us

I agree with this to an extent, but as I said earlier, this game pretty much forces its players to buy these things.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I agree with this to an extent, but as I said earlier, this game pretty much forces its players to buy these things.

[Forum] Darksylph: Exactly. Translate it to real life. If the price of food kept skyrocketting up & up more & more, would you stop buying it? Say a loaf of bread now costs $25. And heaven forbid we want a steak at $174.99? There are no other options, its due to a 700% food tax, so no place is selling food cheaply. You'd QQ tons about the new price of food, but you'd still buy it regardless.
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] Darksylph: Exactly. Translate it to real life. If the price of food kept skyrocketting up & up more & more, would you stop buying it? Say a loaf of bread now costs $25. And heaven forbid we want a steak at $174.99? There are no other options, its due to a 700% food tax, so no place is selling food cheaply. You'd QQ tons about the new price of food, but you'd still buy it regardless.
    The huge difference between real life and this game is that we have no power to rebel. If it was real life, we'd rebel and throw the government out if they were having that kind of tax, but this is a game, so nobody would actually come to the PWE entertainment company and physically rebel. And what we type here does no direct financial harm to the company so there's the problem.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • XXxDETHxXx - Harshlands
    XXxDETHxXx - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    give us back our old PWI i already miss it b:sad
    BTW chat sux too b:chuckle
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    nobody would actually come to the PWE entertainment company and physically rebel.

Let's do it. How much does a flight to China cost nowadays?

[Forum] Darksylph: You'd QQ tons about the new price of food, but you'd still buy it regardless.

That's not true, History has shown us that when the price of food and other essentials surpasses the amount of income available for the majority of a population, that majority behaves in strange ways. If they cannot get enough money from working, they will not work and will turn to crime, stealing what they need if possible, failing that they will try and hard as possible to get food and essentials in any way... or starve. (Much preferring to rebel against the authority in charge in hope to bring about beneficial change)

The PWI equivalent would be leaving the game, as many have decided to do.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010

There is a difference between necessities and luxuries lrntoeconomics b:bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The green mat market was ruined? I left about a year ago(right after anniversary packs came out), the prices are the same or higher for most mats. I was npcing astral stones before, now people are buying for 150k each. And Tsu's ghost mask went from worthless to 2mil each... To me the gold mat market was ruined with the chips thing, even then, it wasn't that much.

Before packs came out, Giant Beast Armor was 1.1-1.3m, Feng's Iron Bars were 450k, Forshura's Armor was 600k, Forshura's Arm was 900k, Astral Stones before packs came out were 100k, shortly after and for the next 2-3 months they were selling for 800k-1m ea.

Now GBA is 250-300k, Iron Bars are 200k if you're lucky, Forshura's Armor is 250-300k, Forshura's Arm is 300k, etc... These are non-2x prices. During 2x, they were much lower.

Gold mats have depreciated quite a bit, but not as much as green mats. 3-3 Green used to sell for 200k-600k. Now they're worth 50-80k for some, the rest is npc food.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010

That's when I start making/growing my own food, lol

Also the name of this game is Perfect World, not Real World. I play this game to get away from the real world. So much for that I guess.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    That's when I start making/growing my own food, lol

Also the name of this game is Perfect World, not Real World. I play this game to get away from the real world. So much for that I guess.

We'd be so fat if chars dont go potty once in a while with all those crack mp pots / hp pots o .o ~ lol.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have no problem with the 2x drops events people are talking about, I think its nice to encourage a little farming every once in a while. Nice change of pace from pack sales don't you think?

btw posting in this really annoying font and size to protest the UI changes so I appologize to all you forum-goers :3

[Norma] Lenore: That is exactly why I post like this now.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Norma] Lenore: That is exactly why I post like this now.

[Forum] Darksylph: This is the new format of the UI protest. Everyone against the new look of the chat & rest of the UI text, join in the struggle.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [FORUM] ViciousMinx use the pm color more head ache generating that the guild set
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Normal] Lenore: Interesting how my way of making fun of the new UI has turned into a protest tool O_o

Maybe I should change my tag to Forum too....
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] JiEunxD: Okay guys, let's get back to topic :P.
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [FORUM]: Lol, I can't believe this caught on so fast. "look mah, I started a meme"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [FORUM]LeirtA:I think this is the beginning of a whole new trend. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forums]Knownase: Sweet, in-game font on forums now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mikako - Raging Tide
    Mikako - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] Mikako: How do yloiuk GeMosverlapping text?
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] LadyDeadlock: WTS My [ Shabby Rattle Drum ] Anyone Interested? .
    *Semi retired*
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok,
    everyone cried, we all said what we wanted to say.
    1. Now the thread will slowly derail.
    2. A mod wil show up by Monday or Tuesday ( probably not even Frankie ) to tell us that the devs have made the decision and it's not likely to change ).
    3. we may get some sort of conselation prize for spewing our discontent ( most likely something they have up their sleeve already as a sale, they'll just say they are "doing it for us " )
    4. We all accept the story
    5. When people ask us why oh why is it like this, and make a suggestion to change it, nobody will want it changed anymore. We will like the change, everyone else is just looking for an easy ride... "you have to work to earn your right to play" and more BS about how it would be bad for the economy to change anything.

In the end we accept it anyway or leave the game.
    As long as we are still talking about it, we are staying.

It's about time for the mods to do their job here, and to clarify that I'll post them their job description according to PWI ( not what they themself think they should do):

Responsibilities & Job Duties:

* Establish and moderate online community forums.

* Coordinate & manage community forum moderators.

* Actively engage users through Q&A forums and monitor community activity regularly.

* Maintain forums according to our policy.

* Provide community feedback to marketing and production team.

* Build and cultivate an online community of affluent users.

* Responsible for writing, reviewing and approving posts/articles on content related to the site.

Requirements:

* Very strong web communication skills. Blogging experience a plus.

* Strong track record of engaging users and growing online communities.

* Good understanding of online communities and online forum etiquette.

* Extremely well organized and detail oriented.

* Experience with MMORPG's

* Bachelor's degree preferred.

* At least 1 year of prior similar experience.

If you are interested at a job at PWI, ( as a forum administrator/ moderator maybe?) just click the career tab under the PWI main page.
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Remmi is right. Most of us though are still clinging onto hope that things will turn around and they'll do the right thing. But honestly, this game is just a shadow of what it once was. The Devs and GMs know well that the newbs will be happy to spill more money onto them, so there's really no sense in hopeing a boycott will work (jut look at all the of the best of luck tokens the duke still shouts out).

It's a damn shame though, this was such a great free MMO.
  • Keyven - Lost City
    Keyven - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Would it not be easier to just go and murder the devs gms & board of directors..
    It seems only something so extreme would ever get the point across that they've ruined their own pay check.

I hope PWE is forever more known as a Greedy provider of low quality games that constantly do the opposite of what their comunity needs.

Such a shame, when it first opened server doors it was amazing, by far the best game out there.. now.. it's dated and diseased.. All because they sacrificed long-term quality and playability for a quick buck.. Way to kill a cash cow.
    edited August 2010
    3. we may get some sort of conselation prize for spewing our discontent ( most likely something they have up their sleeve already as a sale, they'll just say they are "doing it for us " )

GM: We understand your unhappiness with this latest patch. We're sure you'll be pleased with our commitment to solving your issues in a timely manner. Therefore we will bring back the Anniversary Packs, Coral Packs, Year of the Tiger Packs, Pan Gu Packs, 1-5 Star Orb Packs, Lucky 12 Star Orb Packs, Surprise Pet Boxes, Small Pack of Spring and our latest offering, The Mega Pack which will contain 5 of each of the other packs being offered in our Boutique (press Q in-game to purchase) and we will extend the sale until Dec 31st 2011.
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    GM: We understand your unhappiness with this latest patch. We're sure you'll be pleased with our commitment to solving your issues in a timely manner. Therefore we will bring back the Anniversary Packs, Coral Packs, Year of the Tiger Packs, Pan Gu Packs, 1-5 Star Orb Packs, Lucky 12 Star Orb Packs, Surprise Pet Boxes, Small Pack of Spring and our latest offering, The Mega Pack which will contain 5 of each of the other packs being offered in our Boutique (press Q in-game to purchase) and we will extend the sale until Dec 31st 2011.

hmmm.... sure you're not Frankie's alt?
  • LexSanada - Sanctuary
    LexSanada - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I read to page 88 and had an idea. I don't know if this was posted before or not because I honestly got tired of reading, even though some posts were really lawlsworthy like rolling my face against my keyboard in a TW thanks to no charms being used but I digress into a really long run-on sentence. Anyway, my idea is this:

If they really want to reduce the massive influx of coin going coming from TW then this strategy may work. Instead of feeding factions cash for every land they own at the end of the week, give them the pay out of lands they had to attack/defend. This way, the territories they own won't just be constantly feeding them cash and in order to make any cash out of TW, they will have to work for it. This would also appease the ones saying that TW funds their charms because they aren't technically losing any cash. In fact, they are gaining the same amount. However, this would reduce the income of the factions that hold a massive amount of land while still providing them the funds they need to support themselves and their individual players.

Now, I'm not a TW pro. In fact, I just started TW maybe last week, so I just participated in my 2nd TW. I haven't seen cent 1 from it and I'm ok with that. I wasn't expecting it to pay me. I was prepared to take the hit from TW. However, this does seem like a more plausible idea versus a complete shut-off on funds to everyone. Again, this is a random idea coming from a guy that hasn't slept yet so take this idea with a grain of salt lol.
    edited August 2010
    hmmm.... sure you're not Frankie's alt?

no comment

b:avoid

If they really want to reduce the massive influx of coin going coming from TW then this strategy may work. Instead of feeding factions cash for every land they own at the end of the week, give them the pay out of lands they had to attack/defend. This way, the territories they own won't just be constantly feeding them cash and in order to make any cash out of TW, they will have to work for it. This would also appease the ones saying that TW funds their charms because they aren't technically losing any cash. In fact, they are gaining the same amount. However, this would reduce the income of the factions that hold a massive amount of land while still providing them the funds they need to support themselves and their individual players.

That's actually a brilliant suggestion.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Before packs came out, Giant Beast Armor was 1.1-1.3m, Feng's Iron Bars were 450k, Forshura's Armor was 600k, Forshura's Arm was 900k, Astral Stones before packs came out were 100k, shortly after and for the next 2-3 months they were selling for 800k-1m ea.

Now GBA is 250-300k, Iron Bars are 200k if you're lucky, Forshura's Armor is 250-300k, Forshura's Arm is 300k, etc... These are non-2x prices. During 2x, they were much lower

Furthermore, and I don't understand why we need to explain this, gold prices have inflated. Even if green mat prices were the same (and they aren't), that same amount of coin gives you less buying power. Hence, the mats are worth less (not worthless but worth less).
    The problem was in not giving a "Preview"/"Warning" that these changes were coming soon.

Those that knew they would be coming bc of the CN servers were not all 100% surprised, but this threw A LOT of ppl off and as such, the servers are in chaos...literally...

I already replied to this once, but I thought of another pretty significant issue related to this.

A month or two ago we had a big sale on Hyper Stones. One week later, with no warning, Hyper experience was completely changed. Sorry, hope you aren't bothered that you might have completely wasted your money last week.

Now we had TW bidding Wednesday and Thursday. Then suddenly, with no warning, TW bidding was completely changed. Sorry, hope you aren't bothered that you won't be getting any refunds on all that money you guys just bid.

What if your faction had just bid 40M to take a land from a faction you know you can easily beat (this has happened several times on Lost City with even higher bids, so don't say "That's ridiculous!")? In the old bidding system you'd lose 4-8M on the refund (I've never seen a definitive answer on whether you lose 10% or 20%) and gain back 10M for holding the land -- net gain = 2 to 6M. Under the new bidding system, oops, you just lost 40M, but here are 150 mirage stones to "compensate" you.

If I was the leader of a TW faction, I'd be sending in a ticket right now demanding a refund on my bid money plus my 10M if I won. They basically ran TW bidding under false pretenses this week and stole your money.
  • Tinaaaaaa - Lost City
    Tinaaaaaa - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010

lol b:cute
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    [Forum] Aelric: TW is one of my favorite things about this game, and I do like the idea of getting paid each week for holding land, but not excessive amounts. The mirage payments however are too low. Also, the new bidding system... hah yeah complete FAIL

this post was intentionally edited to portray the horrid UI changes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i just loged and guess what, gold price went up
    grats to everyone, the last packs were a realy nice idea to lower gold price b:laugh

Well its been several days since the change... and hello golds sitting 440k and up and all cat chop prices have climbed! So back to how it all the changes supost to lower the gold b:surrender

but look more packs caome out... is it just us that see there the gold probelm
This discussion has been closed.