[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I support the change to TW. Why give money for a war? But some improvements could be to take the money out of TW entirely... make it so any faction can bid based on nothing.... b:laugh

If TW costs nothing then I'm sure fewer people would complain about the reward being nothing.
  • MessaX - Archosaur
    MessaX - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    as a cata cleric, charms is a must, and i get targeted ALOT so imam gona get 1k arrows up my ****, ganked by 6 sins for....mirages? which i have 800 of?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ inb4delete

Wow why so quiet~ b:chuckle everything just got dead from nowhere b:shutup

Nah, tis me just testing something out.
    It be working so far.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    Wandera - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh so heaven's tear has short TWs, this is now justified for all servers.

Raging Tide has 2 TWs a week that least 3 hours between 2 guilds. Ever weekend I am in TW for SIX HOURS from those 2 wars alone.

I am not disputing the cost of running 1 of you TW costs you more than you make from 1 TW.

My point is 47 territories produce a minimum of 560 million coins a week.

To make up the difference for your TW you will go and grind an instance for drops or do a bh in the hopes of drops. Or something else so you can sell and make up the coins.

When you have these drops you will go an sell them.

Those who did not partake in a TW still get the coins. YThey see you drops for sale so you get money from them.

All that money simply changes hands and goes around a very little of it leaves the server for good

Over time this money builds up

You find what you used to sell for example 100k is now going 150k.

Why is this because the Total TW pay for 47 terrirtories was still spew out a minimum of 560 million that does not take into account the actual bid that figure is based on the pay out for each and every territory.

If this coinage does not leave the server it has to go some where and if you get your share of it in selling stuff.

I do not dispute that the cost to indivuals may cost them more than tey get paid but you are still getting a share of that 560 million pay when you sell goods if they are drops that people need.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The funniest thing is, that GM cannot do anything about it.(as they telling to us) They just paying for license and cannot do anything about it?
    1. They are totally stupid b:chuckle
    2. They don't want to do anything b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Guys, useless QQing and discussing.
    Simply: they won't listen to it, no changes will be made again.
    their job is done, who cares about players?
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • Goreoath - Lost City
    Goreoath - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?

GOLD prices get inflated because of Anni, Tiger, Dragon and True packs not because of TW incomes. Players are now more compelled to buy with real money. All theses changes are not for the better of the servers and players but for the greed of the PWI. If players are only using their TW income for charms then take charms out of the picture, not the incentive and reward of accomplishment.
    PK Guild - Cascade

The dead and the absent have no friends.
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I will be so TW-starved I will PK silly little archers who couldn't figure out how to read and do math. Yes I am an HT player. Enrage too. Fear my ****-ness.

Respect to Enrage for getting 40 out of the 47 territories. I wont fear you far from it lol.

Until you learn to look at the entire picture and and beyond the culture of self greed and see what is happening. Only then I might feel a tiny poke of apprehension.

Enjoy your game
  • josim
    josim Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

hm if this is all about GOLD being expensive. What does TW has to do with it? GOLD only gets expensive for tiger packs and PACKS, if that's the problem then take away those Packs!
  • Akheva - Lost City
    Akheva - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ROFL omg i think poor little essence people are laying eggs right now b:laugh
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Respect to Enrage for getting 40 out of the 47 territories. I wont fear you far from it lol.

Until you learn to look at the entire picture and and beyond the culture of self greed and see what is happening. Only then I might feel a tiny poke of apprehension.

Enjoy your game

Enrage was built and maintained by people who TW for the fun of PvPing. When we started out we had 0 lands and we went to TW anyways. Yes we have people in guild now who are in it for the money, but this update will not destroy Enrage. The "greedy" people in Enrage already have their own ways of making money and TW pay is just pocket change to them. From your posts it seems that YOU are the one who is missing the bigger picture, and I wasn't alone in thinking that of you. And no one wants you to be afraid of anyone, but you clearly think that big guilds and their TW money is affecting the server economy, and if that is true, then YES you should be afraid of what TWing guilds will do your economy because now those big lavish TW spenders won't be buying your overpriced fashion and charms. But yea I understand that sarcasm is hard to catch on the internet.
  • santabb
    santabb Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Long time avid reader, first time poster~
    EDIT: erms...seems this will be my 4thpost ever on these forums, from now looking at my Post-count xD

Ideally...if what they wanna do is drive gold prices down...and it Does happen, then gold should be back closer to where it was on Day1 server at 100k per gold mark or so ><

But, the only way that would happen is if people Stop selling Their gold for high coin profits...which won't happen easily/willingly.

idk for sure, but totally taken away coin prize from TW and replacing it with something pretty much close to useless...not the greatest move.

SUGGESTION: pay TW the lands that get warred over via Charms instead and the land that a guild holds, Pay with mirages for lands that are already won + a few mills...like 1 charm per participant from the TW to cut down on freebies + the lil extra mills to get extra charms to their cata-barbs as they see fit~

Maybe rig the charms so they only can be used within the next weeks times (ie: the next TW) and only usable by the guild that won them~
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I freaking quit this EXTREMELY stupid game!
    U people dont even care about us. I can't believe u guys really sank that LOW!
    This game wont even be here by december if u guys dont do something and listen to us.

SO F*CK U ALL FROM PWE b:kiss hope you enjoy pew pew-ing eachother, cuz im really sure no-one will be playing this game anymore -.-
    Ban me if u like, i dont give a DAMN. Doesnt matter what i say to u anyways.

I'll be playing. The game is free and I can have fun with or without you. With or without TW and with or without packs and gold. You ppl have forgotten what fun is, you are too focused on greed. By that I mean the players NOT the company.
    The inflation is as follows:

There was a wonderful example concerning watermelons but I can't find the post, and I don't remember who posted it (avatar was a 9x cleric), so forgive me for paraphrasing it here.

Say a watermelon costs 5% of your paycheck. That's fine if your paycheck is $100 a week. The $100/week paycheck was essentially TW payouts before packs were introduced (because it has been stated multiple times that TW did NOT cause the giant increase in gold prices).

However, if your paycheck increases to $1000/week, a watermelon still costs 5% of your paycheck. However, that 5% is now $50. And who the hell enjoys paying $50 for a watermelon?

The giant increase in PWI's collective "paycheck" is due to the fact that you can now BUY COINS from the cash shop in the form of the pack reward token of best luck. 2 of these can now be potentially gotten for as little as 2 gold each, and immediately pump 10m coin into the game.

PWI's TW paycheck has stayed at $100 per week, but now instead of covering 20 watermelons ($5 each), it only covers 2 (at $50 each). Unfortunately for the denizens of PWI, it costs each guild participating in a competitive TW 20 watermelons to compete (AKA charms, apothecary potions, etc., NOT TO MENTION the -guild's- cost in towers, catapults, and TW equipment, which can soar over a 3-hour war). Before, the TW check just covered the cost. Now the costs to TW are incredible when compared to the measly payout. It becomes prohibitively expensive to TW on a regular basis.

TW is pretty much the only reason that people gear up any more (AKA purchase gold to get those uber items handed out in packs), because since you can level to 103 without ever setting foot outside SZ now, world PVP is non-existant. Instead of impromptu battles between BL and CQ that broke zhen parties at butterflies, fish, and undines (remember those, folks? I do. Most people here don't, and I am willing to bet there's a significant number that don't even know what "zhen" means), people have to beg and cajole and harass to even get people to set foot outside of SZ to come to Secret Passage (oh, the joys of doing your quests there, I well remember, and it was fun!), West, Hidden Orchid, or Heaven's Tear (again, so much fun as a lowbie--it was a thrill!).

In short, WTF is the point? There's no reason to gear because lower guilds could BARELY afford to TW each week as it was, and they always lost. Now not only are they going to lose except by some stroke of (mis)fortune that gives every member of a high ranking guild a horrid illness at the very hour of TW, but they're going to spend up to 10 times as much doing so.

So, WTF is the point?

The point is, maybe some of the rest of the servers can enjoy TW now. Tw should be for fun, not for money. Any winnings should just be a bonus. Don't ppl on PvP servers STILL PK even though no 1 is paying them for guardian scrolls, binding stones or charms? Yep.. thats what I thought.
    100 Pages.
    And all negative comments...

Do the Devs not understand yet?

They have not all been negative. Perhaps you should reread through this thread.
  • _Kiyomi_ - Raging Tide
    _Kiyomi_ - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You guys just killed tw for the 60% populace of people that did tw for fun and relied on pay for charm/apo/hpfood/etc.
    Way to improve pwi.

It basically kills it for the factions that have been working SOOOO hard to do TW.... after this latest change, there is no incentive for my level 3 faction to want to do TW. So besides the quests and pking what else is there to do? The quests are the same quests OVER and over agian for every class. Pking.... never tried it altough i want to. No incentive for me to play the game any more. So very sad PWI.... I really loved this game. I'm going to have to think seriously now if I'm going to quit or now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy by Bellefleurs <3 Ty dear I love it!
  • AbbyDabby - Sanctuary
    AbbyDabby - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    With all the changes, supposedly to fix other version problems before they reach us here in this version, it appears that you prefer to offer a "play this and shut up" type of game or a "don't play this, shut up and leave". I'm getting tired of paying for the sins of players of another game...

I do not begrudge profit to you. In fact, if you don't make a profit, the game won't be free for anyone. But, the game is being cash-shopped to its death. It's in the developers' realm to fix this, yet you choose not to.

I have stopped buying from the boutique as much because I do not feel I'm getting value for my money. Marketing 101.

I know the absence of my one little account won't mean much to you developers, but imagine if I'm not the only one, or two, or ten, or 1,000. Then you, developers, may be sitting and counting your toes instead of your money, scratching your head and wondering what happened. And it won't be one of your other games I move to.

It appears you don't really give a rats patootie about what would be the market-smart thing to do, but might I suggest that any future major changes you need to make, put up a special forum post about "hey this is a problem we foresee, give us your input on how to head it off at the pass and not affect gameplay quite as much". At least then your customers would feel they are part of the solution. You would tend to maintain loyalty to the game as well, thus retaining your customer base. (not to mention it would reduce some of the grief GM's have to take over your 'my way or the highway' decisions.)

Yes, we know its your game and we only play it. You seriously should consider gleaning information from the ones who use your product, since you seem to know very little about it. You might not want to bite the hand that feeds you. What a concept....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I support the change to TW. Why give money for a war? But some improvements could be to take the money out of TW entirely... make it so any faction can bid based on nothing.... b:laugh

Yes, people PK and can lose items.. they use their charms, they must buy guardian scrolls and binding stones. They use apoth pots... they do all this for the FUN of the PK. There is no guarantee they will get anything.. they just enjoy it.

TW is the same thing, only in mass. And you can't lose anything when you die. I honestly miss why ppl are so upset. PvP=TW are the same idea.
    Enrage was built and maintained by people who TW for the fun of PvPing. When we started out we had 0 lands and we went to TW anyways. Yes we have people in guild now who are in it for the money, but this update will not destroy Enrage. The "greedy" people in Enrage already have their own ways of making money and TW pay is just pocket change to them. From your posts it seems that YOU are the one who is missing the bigger picture, and I wasn't alone in thinking that of you. And no one wants you to be afraid of anyone, but you clearly think that big guilds and their TW money is affecting the server economy, and if that is true, then YES you should be afraid of what TWing guilds will do your economy because now those big lavish TW spenders won't be buying your overpriced fashion and charms. But yea I understand that sarcasm is hard to catch on the internet.

I have several friends in Enrage. I love them dearly. However; At least 4 of them are only there for the pay check. One of them even has their own faction on an alt that is TW'ing. But they login on their enrage char to do TW and TW only most of the time. Even though I think the world of this friend, TW to them has become ONLY a paycheck. Not fun. Point is.. a lot of ppl in Enrage don't even like each other. But the pay is so good they can't leave.

Now.. what was it everyone was saying again about TW not paying well enough BEFORE this update? Trust me.. they either find the fun in TWing... or they are making enough money to justify the fun (before update). In either case it should be about the fun.

If you was wanting to go to a carnival to ride the rides but once you got there you got thirsty and hungry do you avoid buying a drink and a pretzel just b/c it has a 300% mark up of what you can buy it for in stores? NO you don't... you buy it anyways all in the name of fun. I wish people would grasp this theory! (btw this wasn't necessarily pointed at you directly)
  • UntamedFurey - Heavens Tear
    UntamedFurey - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok im speaking from a faction that owns nearly the entire map and our pay doesnt pay for 500k gold..... we arent the ones perpetuating high prices and neither is our guild fund.... the people who can afford to buy gold no matter what it costs are making money other ways ... mostly gold selling lol.... we get 500m ish a week that we pay out 90-95% of that to our people who tw and our biggest pay check is below 6m (1m - 5m depending on participation) ... 6m isnt squat compared to the cost of other things in game so if your existing off that your buying charms and other consumables through the week and maybe saving up a bit to buy something here and there and when TW is rough your spending it all on charms ect.... so people who only gain income from TW arent jackng up the prices.... the people who buy gold with real money in order to sell it for in game coin so they can buy all their gear and toys are the ones jacking the prices and theres a million other ways in this game to make coin mostly just being active and running dungeons and events...... but again my point is the people living off their tw check cant afford to buy 4-500k gold regularly and most dont. taking tw pay away is gonna make the poor poorer and the rich wont notice bc the rich get richer no matter what, they know how to make coin without tw .... its the people with personal banks that are as big as guild banks that are buying gold at inflated prices...
    what this does do to large guilds is make them unsure of having any tw at all..... why do small guilds want to tw besides for the experience of doing it? the income ... the income helps the smaller faction way more than the big ones but the big ones are even going to have to have events or ask for dues to have money for bids or just keep all the stupid mirage and npc them.... large guilds wont be able to give loans or purchase herbs to make apoth for their member for tw... or assist barbs with charms or anything .... it will be every man for themself to make sure theyre strong enough for tw. alot of people dont see the point anymore... why get stronger ? why get better? factions that are smaller wont be able to afford to keep bidding and keep fighting if all they get for their efforts is 150 mirages...
    this whole thing has bread alot of apathy not just with the big guilds or high lvls either.
    im pretty much rambling....

im a actually disappointed in you Frankie... i always figured you actually had a good grasp of what actually goes on in game but your claim that large guilds with lost of land are responsible for gold being high and people being compelled to still buy it just proves you really dont get it .... ask anyone in enrage for example if you had to survive off just tw pay you would be a pretty poor sap and your either have to find a way to make more coin or only play for tw bc could buy charms pots and maybe farm some gear maybe ... and with the changes to instances people are gonna use way more charm and guardian scrolls so their output just went up as well ...
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It basically kills it for the factions that have been working SOOOO hard to do TW.... after this latest change, there is no incentive for my level 3 faction to want to do TW. So besides the quests and pking what else is there to do? The quests are the same quests OVER and over agian for every class. Pking.... never tried it altough i want to. No incentive for me to play the game any more. So very sad PWI.... I really loved this game. I'm going to have to think seriously now if I'm going to quit or now.

You know.. someone in my faction said this morning; yes they are coming out with new events but they are all geared for higher level people. My response was ::: Yes and it is much needed. From 1-70 we have plenty of quests, dailies and dungeons to occupy ourselves. After that it starts getting difficult to be finding something you've not already done. But the more high level content they come out with the more people tend to complain about something.

You can't always please all people but you can always please some.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok im speaking from a faction that owns nearly the entire map and our pay doesnt pay for 500k gold..... we arent the ones perpetuating high prices and neither is our guild fund.... the people who can afford to buy gold no matter what it costs are making money other ways ... mostly gold selling lol.... we get 500m ish a week that we pay out 90-95% of that to our people who tw and our biggest pay check is below 6m (1m - 5m depending on participation) ... 6m isnt squat compared to the cost of other things in game so if your existing off that your buying charms and other consumables through the week and maybe saving up a bit to buy something here and there and when TW is rough your spending it all on charms ect.... so people who only gain income from TW arent jackng up the prices.... the people who buy gold with real money in order to sell it for in game coin so they can buy all their gear and toys are the ones jacking the prices and theres a million other ways in this game to make coin mostly just being active and running dungeons and events...... but again my point is the people living off their tw check cant afford to buy 4-500k gold regularly and most dont. taking tw pay away is gonna make the poor poorer and the rich wont notice bc the rich get richer no matter what, they know how to make coin without tw .... its the people with personal banks that are as big as guild banks that are buying gold at inflated prices...
    what this does do to large guilds is make them unsure of having any tw at all..... why do small guilds want to tw besides for the experience of doing it? the income ... the income helps the smaller faction way more than the big ones but the big ones are even going to have to have events or ask for dues to have money for bids or just keep all the stupid mirage and npc them.... large guilds wont be able to give loans or purchase herbs to make apoth for their member for tw... or assist barbs with charms or anything .... it will be every man for themself to make sure theyre strong enough for tw. alot of people dont see the point anymore... why get stronger ? why get better? factions that are smaller wont be able to afford to keep bidding and keep fighting if all they get for their efforts is 150 mirages...
    this whole thing has bread alot of apathy not just with the big guilds or high lvls either.
    im pretty much rambling....

im a actually disappointed in you Frankie... i always figured you actually had a good grasp of what actually goes on in game but your claim that large guilds with lost of land are responsible for gold being high and people being compelled to still buy it just proves you really dont get it .... ask anyone in enrage for example if you had to survive off just tw pay you would be a pretty poor sap and your either have to find a way to make more coin or only play for tw bc could buy charms pots and maybe farm some gear maybe ... and with the changes to instances people are gonna use way more charm and guardian scrolls so their output just went up as well ...

Take gold selling out of the game period! That would fix a lot of problems. Force people to only be able to attain items from boutique from someone who already has those items for sell! If this is everyones problem.. that would eliminate so much of the issue.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will

For being a GM, that is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard....

Beside that, it's just disgusting how you blame the big guilds, while it's obviously been PWE that been bringing content to game that's been highly protested against and considered to be ruining it..

That is all.
    *Semi retired*
  • UntamedFurey - Heavens Tear
    UntamedFurey - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ok i do have to apologize to frankie ... i didnt realize it was kanto who was posting in frankkie's post and spouted that ignorant **** ... kanto you make me facepalm ....
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

this was the first thing that came to mind. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104372
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why didn't you just cap gold -coin prices like we asked last year, we wouldn't be going through any of this.
    this maintance any how should only be good for a few mounths to get rid of the over done coin. i don't see how this change should continue after the problem has been fixed. the problem being inflation. after that gold price should be capped 300k each gold max.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Warmheart - Archosaur
    Warmheart - Archosaur Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LMAO I am sure devs computer background is either a Mirage Celestone or nice black letters "Show me teh moneh u nabs!"
    </3 PWI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fail Archer with no bow.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This update is beyond stupid as many people think. The biggest problem being we bid coins to go to war still, yet are paid in mirages. Really? Mirages are worth around 15k each atm. If you can sell them, seeing how everyone has a stack from bh100 rewards or TT's. Shouldn't we bid in mirages now since the reward is this? Why couldn't they have just cut the coin reward for territories in half? The only thing that INFLATES gold is packs. EVERYONE knows this. Every time packs come out, granted with new names (lmao) the gold price rises. This is why gold is 400k ea.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This update is beyond stupid as many people think. The biggest problem being we bid coins to go to war still, yet are paid in mirages. Really? Mirages are worth around 15k each atm. If you can sell them, seeing how everyone has a stack from bh100 rewards or TT's. Shouldn't we bid in mirages now since the reward is this? Why couldn't they have just cut the coin reward for territories in half? The only thing that INFLATES gold is packs. EVERYONE knows this. Every time packs come out, granted with new names (lmao) the gold price rises. This is why gold is 400k ea.

If they suddenly said, ok we are going to cut the TW rewards in half to counter inflation you guys would still be throwing a tantrum. Difference is everyone is tossing that out there now because its less of a blow than being given mirage stones. Short of it is ... no matter what they do people are going to complain.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If they suddenly said, ok we are going to cut the TW rewards in half to counter inflation you guys would still be throwing a tantrum. Difference is everyone is tossing that out there now because its less of a blow than being given mirage stones. Short of it is ... no matter what they do people are going to complain.

Maybe if they addressed a more direct source of inflation (10m notes?), there would be less raging and quitting? 500m pales in comparison to the currency these Tokens of Best Lucks introduce.

I'm also pretty sure, the almost complete failure of integrating a new interface is also helping to fuel this rage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna keep this short; I'm a gamer, not a writer. I've been playing PWI since Oct 08... as well as the same leader since day 1 of one of the biggest TW factions on Sanctuary atm, and I've never seen a patch that adversely affects the players this much.

-Nerfing TT / Nirvana just makes it harder for non-shoppers like myself to earn cash, which is VERY necessary if we want to be able to compete against cash shopping players in TW.

-Nerfing TW compensation for Heavy TW expenses (as in 3 Hour TWs) for Charms / Towers / Catapult Scrolls etc. I personally don't rely on TW pay to cover my costs... but my farming in 3-3 and Nirvana is now 6x longer than it used to be.

-Nerfing competition in TW, a major source of end - game content. Less competition because there are less rewards to be won.

This is the sort of stuff that was implemented here, when trying to fix what isn't broken really shatters my faith in the company. I'm guessing I'm no one's gonna care what I think, but at least answer me this: How do any of these updates increase competition?!? What were the Devs thinking? I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful, but this seems like BS.

^ Looking for Official response, and no need to sugar coat the answer, I'm just looking for PWE's intentions... I cannot think of any way how this INCREASES competition, I only see this being the down fall of end-game content for PWI.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

I don't know about other people but I'm more pissed because PW is trying to blame inflation on TW income rather than their own greed. Then they used promoting equality as an excuse when it actually widens the gap between the rich and the poor. Additionally I'm irked that they are trying to offer MIRAGES as though that was a suitable compensation. Personally I'd be less pissed if they took out TW income entirely and made towers, etc. free, then added an HP/MP charm that can only be used in TW instances. That way the coin they seem to want to take out of the game gets removed, but TWers don't have to sink so much money into the thing, and we can all have fun like we used to minus the small guilds wanting big rewards incentive to gank. In other words I'd like PWE to be HONEST and not INSULT us with petty mirages.
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can either look at this 2 ways

1)From inside a house and looking out the window on only seeing part of the street. And pick out a spot in the street and think that will do I know it all.

or

2) To get the bigger picture you are in a hot air balloon looking down on the town and see how all the roads link up.

There are several ways of getting coins into the system.

1)The total sum of 47 territories used to generate out of thin air 560 million coins? Per server. Each and every single week. Poof out of thin air every week with out fail a minimum 560 million coin entered into the system.

Challenge here is to follow those coins as they get passed from one character to the next until they exit the system. How many of those coins do you think stay in the system? If every single coin produced as payment from all TW pay leaves the system. What else is generating coins inside the game?

2)We have coin drops from mobs, we have coins given as rewards for quest completion, and we have items sold to non player characters. Generating coins in the system. This is not a regular thing and fluctuates.

I challenge you to gather enough coins from the second method to equal or even overshadow what you would earn from TW. And not using any means in which what you collected passes onto another player

What methods are there for coins to leave the system? The only way a coin can leave the system is if it is done through a no player character or if you leave the coins on the ground and they disappear after a short time.

Rather simplified but that is "In Game coin production and loss" those are the sources to get coins into the system and back out again

That is the IN game cash/coin source

Now its time to add gold from Zehn into the system.

When you charge zen and convert it into gold to use in the game all you are doing is swopping real life money for IN game coins. Coins that are already floating around in the system.

When a single coin leaves the system by what ever means paying npc's, auction house fee, or simply not been picked up it is lost from the system for ever.

Using real life money to convert in to IN Game coins does not raise the amount of coins already in the system.

When you sell your gold at 400k 500k per piece the coins used to buy where already in the system.

They did not appear out of thin air the instance you sold the gold.

So you see there is an excess of coins in the system. For players to charge 400k to 500k per gold

If you use real life money to buy gold then use the gold to buy boutique items then sell them in game what ever you sell it for the coins where already in the system.

Converting money into gold then into items does not produce more "in game coins". The "in game coins" where already there. In fact there are so many "in game coins" in the system people who have them are willing to pay the 400k-500k for gold or the 10 million for 2 tokens of Best luck.

If TW is getting rid of in game coins as you say it is.. And not ooh look its left my bank and passed into another player bank it has not left the system. But instead its has to leave the system for good never to reappear.

Can some one please explain where the excess of in game coins is coming from?

Is it grinding? Is it selling reduced dq items to npc's maybe its a ****??

Or maybe every time a zhen is bougth pwi adds a single coin to 400-500 random players bank roll.
This discussion has been closed.