[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Play more or quit are your options? If you are just logging on to play TW you've quit already, just not officially. If TW is the only fun aspect of this game for people, then they aren't being productive citizens of the community anyways. You still don't get it. If TW is supposed to be about the fun of the game.. if its all in fun.. who cares who wins or loses?

Assumptions. I play the game because I still enjoyed what was left of it. There is hardly anything left of it. All the actions you've seen PW take in the last year are for only one desired effect, making more money. It has nothing to do with the desires of the player base. If you haven't learned that much in this time here.... just wow.

They are bringing back that aspect of the game. I might get killed a trillion times in TW, but if I'm having fun.. that means more to me than the 180 million I might have lost b/c we didn't win. Its not about rubbing it in the face of the larger factions, its about understanding that this community here should be about more than money. I bet the large factions who own all the lands have very few ppl who even like each other. They are there b/c they have good gears, they are high lvls and they can win wars.

Actually it is rubbing it in the faces of end-gamers. Everyone is 'haha no more sacks of infinite money'... while that was farthest from the truth. The average person who TWs has a hard time keeping up with TW costs AND doing everything else that would cost them money in-game, without having to charge. These changes are for one primary purpose, to make people charge more. Or sit there and farm all day and night and merch. Those aren't viable options for everyone.

Maybe now ppl will join factions for the people there, the fun they have together and NOT b/c they all have uber gears and fighting skills.

No, that won't be likely to happen either. Most people in the largest factions, at least the majority of the core have known each other for 6+ months to two years. We're not going to leave our friends to join a guild filled with nubs we don't even know, or only know one or two people in, and then have a hard time getting anything else in-game done. Sorry logical fallacies.... on all of your points.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No, that won't be likely to happen either. Most people in the largest factions, at least the majority of the core have known each other for 6+ months to two years. We're not going to leave our friends to join a guild filled with nubs we don't even know, or only know one or two people in, and then have a hard time getting anything else in-game done. Sorry logical fallacies.... on all of your points.

Yeah the majority of large factions are large and powerful not because of the TW income but because our factions have weeded out all the useless spamming noobs and have been filtered out to a group of 200 +/- people who like one another or enjoy the comradeship.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

*People buy packs*

Duke shouts: Let it be known a has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known b has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known c has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known d has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known e has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known f has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known g has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known h has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known i has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known j has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known k has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known l has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known m has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known n has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known o has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known p has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known q has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known r has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known s has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known t has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known u has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known v has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known w has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known x has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known y has acquired a Token of Best Luck!
    Duke shouts: Let it be known z has acquired a Token of Best Luck!

*NOTE* Size of font is not to scale.

*People trade two of them in for 10m coins*

Instantly creates a ton of coin, as you put it, out of thin air.

I'm pretty sure if I were to stay on for 24 hours straight, the amount of tokens of best lucks dropped would be almost equivalent to the TW pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *People buy packs*

I'm pretty sure if I were to stay on for 24 hours straight, the amount of tokens of best lucks dropped would be almost equivalent to the TW pay.

Ya but they think that if we dont get salary no1 can pay that much for packs in coins so they will have to sell for less
    Lost City FTW
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

What methods are there for coins to leave the system? The only way a coin can leave the system is if it is done through a no player character or if you leave the coins on the ground and they disappear after a short time.

Your ignorance astounds me. Coin sinks into the auction house and the gold trade system by the millions. You have repair bills, teleport costs, cube rooms, TW towers/bids, crazystones, etc. NPCs are eating your coin LITTLE BY LITTLE all the time. EVERY time gold exchanges hands, a percent of the coin in the exchange is eaten up by the game. Every time some rich-**** person puts an expensive shard into his gear, he eats up coin. And let's not forget the many many alts people have and all the coin those alts eat up in SKILLS, yes? And what if a rich player with millions of coin who QUITS PLAYING like many people are bound to do now? Buying chip items? Oh rest assured, there are coin sinks.

I reiterate that more coin is coming from cash shoppers cashing in the tokens. I'm not sure why you care to argue what happens to the coin after it's already in the system
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ya but they think that if we dont get salary no1 can pay that much for packs in coins so they will have to sell for less

They didn't read that most of the money from TW goes back into funding the next wars, and not into packs eh? ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You can either look at this 2 ways

I challenge you to gather enough coins from the second method to equal or even overshadow what you would earn from TW. And not using any means in which what you collected passes onto another player

You tried to be intelligent, you tried to get in your hot air balloon to see everything and you failed miserably.

Tokens of best luck produce more coins than TW each week in each server... Much, much more.

I don't know why everyone is so upset about the TW pay being in mirages and being MUCH lower, it does not matter. The reason ive left the game due to the latest patch is the non-refundable secret bidding system. THAT is the true crime and THAT is what every mod and GM is ignoring completely.

I'm sick of this game, I'm sick of this community and I'm sick of the mods and GMs and PWE for being so lackadaisical and not giving a heck about their customers, not listening to us and treating us like we're livestock. Seriously. Go take a marketing course and come back as better businessmen and business women, because it appals me.

(P.s for a company with two of it's director's, Zhu, Qi and Li, Jiang having previous experience in marketing for large firms, the marketing of this product is just disgraceful. Seriously. You money sucking parasites.)
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    Wandera - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    *People buy packs*

*NOTE* Size of font is not to scale.

If tokens of best luck creates instant "IN game coins" who gets them and where to the appear?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

You tried to be intelligent, you tried to get in your hot air balloon to see everything and you failed miserably.

Tokens of best luck produce more coins than TW each week in each server... Much, much more.

I don't know why everyone is so upset about the TW pay being in mirages and being MUCH lower, it does not matter. The reason ive left the game due to the latest patch is the non-refundable secret bidding system. THAT is the true crime and THAT is what every mod and GM is ignoring completely.

I'm sick of this game, I'm sick of this community and I'm sick of the mods and GMs and PWE for being so lackadaisical and not giving a heck about their customers, not listening to us and treating us like we're livestock. Seriously. Go take a marketing course and come back as better businessmen and business women, because it appals me.

(P.s for a company with two of it's director's, Zhu, Qi and Li, Jiang having previous experience in marketing for large firms, the marketing of this product is just disgraceful. Seriously. You money sucking parasites.)
    Your threads are absolutely correct. Also I would like to mention unbalanced game almost for 1 year and they do nothing. I don't play anymore also so = no real money spend to game = 1 customer is out = bad luck for GM.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If tokens of best luck creates instant "IN game coins" who gets them and where to the appear?

Okay.

Say I buy some packs. I get two Tokens of Best Lucks from them. I trade them in at the PWI Boutique Agent for a 10m note.

Now I go cash in this note and get 10 million coins.

So to answer your questions:

Who gets them?
    People who buy packs get them.

Where do they appear?
    In your pocket.

Beginning Cash - amount paid for packs + 10 million coins = Ending Cash

There's no trick involved here. It's a clean, 10 million coins, straight out of thin air, into your inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

for some one to buy these tokens of best luck where did they get the coins to do it

Do tokens of best luck magically pop 10 millions coins into some ones bank account..

where do the coins that buy these tokens of best luck originate from?????
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for some one to buy these tokens of best luck where did they get the coins to do it

Do tokens of best luck magically pop 10 millions coins into some ones bank account..

1. Tokens of Best Luck don't cost coins at all.

2. Yes, infact, they do give you a raw 10m coins.

3. They originate from real life money, gold, dollars, whatever you want to call it. Not coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

*sigh* Noobs are annoying. You go to the PW boutique officer and trade (Which DOESNT cost coins) 2 tokens of best luck (which u get through packs, bought with GOLD bought with DOLLARS, not COINS) for an item which sells at 10million coins to the npc, this item has to other use than to sell to the npc, just like ecstasy and excitement cards. you probably don't know what they are either since your a low level.

Seriously, don't argue about the game when you have a very limited knowledge of it due to your low level (Which equates as limited experience of the game and therefore limited knowledge)

This thread is not meant to be used for you to learn about the game, its to be used by people who have learnt about the game already to tell the developers that they are a bunch of fudge chomping greedy rich out of touch... erm... Anyone help me finish this sentence without a swear word?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options

How do I get coins to buy packs?

Farm
    Grind
    Merchant

I don't TW, and I can still afford things.

If I hardcored TW, I would be spending that money on the charm for next TW, not on some packs. Just like most other people in TW factions. Charms, apoth, pots, sayonara salary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

Have you been living under a rock? You get the tokens from the packs. Trading 2 tokens to an NPC will generate 10M coin in your inventory as though you just NPCed 10 esctacy cards. You don't need to BUY tokens with coin cuz that totally defeats the point. Of course you can BUY a token for 5M from someone else if you have one yourself already. That gives them 5M, you are at -5M, but you cash in 2 tokens for 10M, which ends up to be +5M for you and +5M for whoever sold you the token.
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

VISA, Mastercard, Paypal, Gamecards, Mobilephones.

It's magic
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes u are missing something. Since the reward from the territory is only fame. Big factions will lose their grip from ppl and come weaker, giving opportunity to other factions to control areas. Atm big factions are full of ppl who only care of coins. Are they willing to use coins for getting nothing and using their time for it?
    Reading this thread give answer, no, they already crying they quit. So big factions will come weaker.

So yes, u missed a point.

you are mising a point here too, most of cash shopers of the game are in those big factions, the money incoming from TW lands is what make weaker factions fight the big ones, so they can have a share too
    yes, some of people in big factions will leave duo to no TW activity, but always will have people wanting to join, so they can run instances with higher lv and better geared people, wich means those get more people farming things faster = better geared

i wonder where smaller factions will take the money to TW from after a few weeks of loosing money with fail bids
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

94573959.gif

MIRACLES!
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes and tell me this: have you ever been to China? Hell, have you ever been outside of the US?

A cultural difference would be, for example, Russia's dramatic boundary between how men should act and how women should act. A cultural difference would be how Germans are generally less tolerant of failure than other countries. A cultural difference would be how swear words in America are really no big deal, whereas they're quite powerful in many eastern cultures.

What you're suggesting is that if you push a Chinese guy down, he'll lay there and say "well, I guess I'll just have to deal with this." WTF are you out of your mind?? If that were true then China would never be able to develop such a strong economy. No, EVERYONE gets ticked off if you push them down. What you're talking about are imaginary cultural differences that your own head has invented; they aren't realistic at all.

So yeah, have you ever been to China? Have you ever even left the US? Cause honestly, from the sounds of your posts you've been watching too many patriotic news stories where America tells you itself that it's the greatest country in the world. Cause yeah, if I tell you I'm the greatest person in the world, then obviously I'm a trustworthy source, right?

Tiananmen Square.

b:bye
  • Durdey - Harshlands
    Durdey - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    here are how in-game coins are generated and developed.

1. Mob Kill Rewards
    2. TW Rewards
    3. Oracle Rewards
    4. Chest of Coins Rewards
    5. Quest Rewards
    6. Perfect Token of Luck rewards.

How do Coins Disappear?
    1. Dropping the Coins and letting them time-out and just fade away.
    2. Purchacing Skills From NPC
    3. Purchasing Items from an NPC (crazy stone)
    4. Taxes Involved in Auction House
    5. Some Special Events require a Set ammount of coins to Enter.
    6. Teleporting from location to Location
    7. Repairing Gear/Weapons
    8. In-Game Mail System

Now, In their business aspect, it's about making money.
    What things can they eliminate from the Coin generation that will not affect the sales of their electronic in-game items?

Mob Kill Rewards
    Quest Rewards
    TW Rewards

Well, they already nurfed the Mob Kill Rewards by 20%
    Their excuse for that was "this will help reduce botting because it's less incetive to try to bot"
    Assumed reason is "They just want to put less coin in the game so you depend more on cash shopping"

Okay, that wasnt enough, 2 options left.

Quest Rewards. Quests are limited. You get between 2-7 Quests Per Level and you get at most, 200k from a single quest.

Total coin generation from quest rewards from level 1-90 comes out to be around 12 mil. 12 Mil is Nothing and it takes a minimum of 2 weeks to POSSIBLY come close to reaching level 90. (that's using Hypers, Oracles, Having people Power Level you etc... That does not involve doing each and every quest) So, the Coin generation from Questing is VERY LOW! No need to reduce what's damn near a non-factor.

Last but not Least
    Territory Wars REWARDS
    Creates a coin generation of 500+ Million coin every week. Goes DIRECTLY to Leader of the Faction that owns that territory. Distributed how they see fit.
    Sure, Cut that down. Less coins in game means the value of the coin goes up!
    Their Explanation: The gold prices are too high. Need to cut the coins in game to reduce the cost of Auction House Gold
    What we assume their reason is: We want you to depend more on using the cash shop so that we can make more profit.

You guys don't get it. They're stealing your TV, and telling you that TV is bad for you. When they're really pawning that TV off so they can make more money.

Want them to take your car because using gasoline is bad for the environment?

I KNOW what's going on. And im done! I'm not even installing the new patch. Not worth the hassle.

Unless this **** gets returned to the way it once was, I'm not getting involved anymore.

They have one hell of a sales guy on their end if they could sell that BS to the CEO/President of the company and have them not expect to take any losses.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Another idea (just throwing it out there) for a user-friendly coin sink (although maybe not a very big one, but would still drain a quite few coins from the economy) would be to remove the Crab Meat Jiaozi and Sesame Yuanxiao from the token of luck trade and put them for sale at apothecary NPC's for about the same as the price in tokens (which doesn't differ that radically per server I think, not sure about that though).

Nobody past level 75 uses normal pots anymore (with the exception of low MP classes, since normal MP pots are more cost effective for them). This way they drain coins from the economy at a pretty steady rate (most people need pots in the end after all) and I doubt pack sales would decline from it either.

Maybe they were intended as a token sink in the first place, in which case this idea wouldn't make any sense I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Can some one please explain where the excess of in game coins is coming from?

You're about as dense as a rock.

2 Perfect Tokens of Best Luck = 10 Million Bank Note that you sell to an NPC for 10,000,000 coins.

How many times do you see this:

Duke shouts: Let it be known that Idiot has recently acquired Perfect - Token of Best Luck

Every time you see TWO of these, that's 10 million new coins added to the server. Count how many you see in a day and do the math to estimate how much that brings in per week. Low estimate would be 500m a day. High estimate would be 1-1.5 billion a day.

Stop pretending that you're intelligent when you keep ignoring what *everyone* else in this thread has been repeatedly telling you.
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

*sigh* Noobs are annoying. You go to the PW boutique officer and trade (Which DOESNT cost coins) 2 tokens of best luck (which u get through packs, bought with GOLD bought with DOLLARS, not COINS) for an item which sells at 10million coins to the npc, this item has to other use than to sell to the npc, just like ecstasy and excitement cards. you probably don't know what they are either since your a low level.

Seriously, don't argue about the game when you have a very limited knowledge of it due to your low level (Which equates as limited experience of the game and therefore limited knowledge)

This thread is not meant to be used for you to learn about the game, its to be used by people who have learnt about the game already to tell the developers that they are a bunch of fudge chomping greedy rich out of touch... erm... Anyone help me finish this sentence without a swear word?

Sigh and self proclaimed experts are annoying too. If your such and expert why do you quit like you said you would a put your expertise to good use and go and design the perfect game!!Instead of hangin on like a spoilt brat who just had his pocket money stopped.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How do I get coins to buy packs?

Farm
    Grind
    Merchant

I don't TW, and I can still afford things.

If I hardcored TW, I would be spending that money on the charm for next TW, not on some packs. Just like most other people in TW factions. Charms, apoth, pots, sayonara salary.
    wtf are you talking about they're talking about the coins that get dumped into the economy constantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sigh and self proclaimed experts are annoying too. If your such and expert why do you quit like you said you would a put your expertise to good use and go and design the perfect game!!Instead of hangin on like a spoilt brat who just had his pocket money stopped.

Your argument would be convincing if multiple people didn't try to tell you the exact same thing. However, I have yet to see anyone agree with you, just people pointing out your very obvious mistakes and shortcomings in comprehension.
    edited August 2010
    Options

Rather be a self proclaimed expert than a proclaimed idiot, just sayin'.

Also:

lolumad1.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wtf are you talking about they're talking about the coins that get dumped into the economy constantly.

He's asking me where people get money to buy these packs from...unless I'm missing something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    He's asking me where people get money to buy these packs from...unless I'm missing something?

Nah he himself is missing something.

He stated that tokens of best luck ''must'' be bought with ingame coins somehow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

I know how a simple game dynamic of PWI works, I never said I was an expert.

Also, I can not "design the perfect game" because I'm not a game's designer, I'm in marketing and advertising, if you must know.

I have actually left the game, those weren't just empty words, I hadn't played an MMORPG before PWI for quite some time because f2p games always **** up (I thought maybe PWI would be different) and I dont believe that p2p games are worth how much they cost over time. I do, however, play one time cost RPG but they tend not to be MMORPG.

Let's not all argue and lets focus on telling the developers how we feel, anyway, that's what matters, we've all been hurt in the same way and it wasn't by each other, it was by PWE. Sorry about being offensive earlier, you were just a little bit stubborn that's all, lets have peace.

(The same goes for the rest of you guys attacking him, ok, he was wrong but... who is most wrong here is PWE and they should know better, at least he has a reason to not have as much knowledge, PWE, however, should know their own product better than anyone, yet they still **** it up.)
This discussion has been closed.