[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Over 1100 posts with 99.9% negative feedback....

..the patch hasn't even been out for 12hrs yet.

Fuzzy can't see this as progress in the right direction.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im still waiting on GM response now that we have proven their "theory" wrong- you wanted a discussion right? so where is your next argument? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MessaX - Archosaur
    MessaX - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ropihl wrote: »
    Victory! You've defeated your opponent! You spent 6 million in the processes. Here's your reward. Some cheap rocks.

i swear i have over 800 mirages from event in bank
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yay not only do u get **** mirage stones u now get a useless item for rank 9 which only maybe 10 ppl will actually try to get oh and better yet it isnt even implemented in the game yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im still waiting on GM response now that we have proven their "theory" wrong- you wanted a discussion right? so where is your next argument? b:shutup

A GM response would be nice...

For this to actually be a discussion a bit more input from the other side would help...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MessaX - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    there is only ONE thing to say about EVERY decision made by PWe devs and gms and mods
    vader-fail.jpg
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A GM response would be nice...

For this to actually be a discussion a bit more input from the other side would help...

yup... QFT

they either care or they dont... if they dont- then just say so... dont leave people in limbo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol-perro.jpg

@ the fail pic
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm too busy downloading another game.

I've been updating my other games.
  • MessaX - Archosaur
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im gonna try out soem private servers their devs and gms know wat the ppl want and actually care
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    under 12 hours and over 1.1k responses, maybe 4 replies from gm's, and all negative feed back

sign of a great patch? I think so.
    How about the new wedding update?
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    under 12 hours and over 1.1k responses, maybe 4 replies from gm's, and all negative feed back

sign of a great patch? I think so.
    How about the new wedding update?
    Dont forget the mass quiting of around 75% of the player base ^^
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warlos
    warlos Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek

1. Learn how to run the Game with least drastic changes
    2. Dont exploit the game economy by abusing Boutique sale(like Anniversary pack) use Brains for more thoughtfull idea how to increase game sale
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reminde> Donations are being received to my mail b:victory

b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Dont forget the mass quiting of around 75% of the old player base ^^

I fixed it for you. The new players who don't know the mechanics behind economy and pvp are rejoicing that "large factions" are no longer getting the money they can get by buying a few packs.
  • Krateiis - Heavens Tear
    Krateiis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reminde> Donations are being received to my mail b:victory

How much hate mail have you gotten Yamiino? lol im sure theres some. b:chuckle

EDIT: Lenore that may be true, for some time until the small factions start to get greedy and want more coin and less rocks after they spend a ton of coin to start the TW and gain land, which starts the current problem over again. ^^
    Made by Nowitsawn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    One Of The Most Entertaining Things Of This Game Is Tw, It Cost A ****ing **** Load Of Coin To Do Tw, All Pwe Wants Is Everyone To Cs More And Make More Money, Here Is A Suggestion, Why Dont You Just Make It Pay To Play And Gety Rid Of Boutique, Then Ppl Will Grind More And Zhen Party Forever To Make Coin, 93k Fans And Players Paying 10 Bux Amonth Equals =$930000 A Month That Should B A Problem, Oh But Wait You Are Too God Damm Greedy, U Need To Realize Alot Of Ppl Are Going To Otehr Games, Hell You Can Even Put All The Items In The Forges To Be Found, And Wtf Is The Use Of Cs Anymore,

i Call For An All Out Boycott Of Purchasing Zhen, Month Or 2 Of That And They Will Rethink It, I Personally And Sevreal Others Will Start Doin It, But If You Ppl Are So Concerned About Cs Then Mother ****ing Stop,

boycott All Zhen

I'm still wondering how my ability to laugh at the post of a kid who's taking this all WAAAAAY too seriously makes me "greedy" and in favor of this patch change. :U
    I <3 AGOREY
  • crunchycat
    crunchycat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Whether I agree or not doesn't change the fact that his speech about AMERICUH not taking **** from anybody was hysterical.

That is hysterical... especially because that's not what I said. I'll go a little slower for you :). This company is headquartered in China and they make their decisions there. The culture in China is one where the government routinely robs and oppresses people. When the company did the same to Chinese players, they simply accepted it as something else they have to adapt to. American culture on the other hand is not like this (quite the opposite). I suspect the bulk of players on my server at least are of the American culture and that is not going to be beneficial to PWI with the TW change.
    It's a crappy game change to a simple MMO game. If your reaction to that is to give a speech about AMERICUH, then maybe you'd do better spending your free time in the Drama club instead of playing PWI anyways.

Good game, crappy game, etc. it doesn't matter. People spend alot of time playing this game and if changes are made to make it less entertaining and more costly then it's going to **** them off. The point of mentioning American culture is that it favors retaliation over other cultures that are more complacent (ex. the Chinese culture). I am for retailiation as well. The reason is because it's unlikely that the company (a Chinese culture company) is going to even listen unless the players actually do something beyond QQing in some thread that can easily be ignored.

p.s. It's spelled America.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How much hate mail have you gotten Yamiino? lol im sure theres some. b:chuckle

None xD

Not even 1 u.u *fails*

Guess I'll stop bugging ya guys :]

<- Tired of replying here, I'm sure some peeps got mad at me for the lulz.

b:laugh

Bye to anyone that is actually quitting; wich is less than 5% of those who said it im sure. lmao.

*hands popcorn to someone else*

was fun to rant for a while but it got old now.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    crunchycat wrote: »
    That is hysterical... especially because that's not what I said. I'll go a little slower for you :). This company is headquartered in China and they make their decisions there. The culture in China is one where the government routinely robs and oppresses people. When the company did the same to Chinese players, they simply accepted it as something else they have to adapt to. American culture on the other hand is not like this (quite the opposite). I suspect the bulk of players on my server at least are of the American culture and that is not going to be beneficial to PWI with the TW change.

Good game, crappy game, etc. it doesn't matter. People spend alot of time playing this game and if changes are made to make it less entertaining and more costly then it's going to **** them off. The point of mentioning American culture is that it favors retaliation over other cultures that are more complacent (ex. the Chinese culture). I am for retailiation as well. The reason is because it's unlikely that the company (a Chinese culture company) is going to even listen unless the players actually do something beyond QQing in some thread that can easily be ignored.

Way to be racist. I was on your side until your insults towards the Chinese.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options

No no, I understood you perfectly.

And that's exactly why I'm laughing my **** off.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Healing_Buns - Sanctuary
    Healing_Buns - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Mendi they have no argument.. They are "Grand Masters of the Ninja Face Palm" to take from the words of my fearless leader...!

They only play slide of hand.. Look here in my right hand +12 orb for $1... But what you dont see is them dropping your pants and Shoving a Pineapple up your butt with out the curtisy of a reach around!

http://youtu.be/eZQw6KuNKqs
  • crunchycat
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Way to be racist. I was on your side until your insults towards the Chinese.

You should be on my side because PWI wants to **** you and for no other reason. Consquently, Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. What I pointed was a cultural difference, which has nothing to do with racism.
  • crunchycat
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No no, I understood you perfectly.

And that's exactly why I'm laughing my **** off.

When PWI **** your bank account I'll be laughing even more :).
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You should be on my side because PWI wants to **** you and for no other reason. Consquently, Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. What I pointed was a cultural difference, which has nothing to do with racism.

I WAS on your side for the exact reason you stated, but pointing our the differences between cultures and insulting them are two different things. The Chinese are the way they are because of the government differences, as you said. There's no need to call them robbers, oppressors, or complacent. I hope you don't seriously think the American government doesn't have its own share of robbers, oppressors, and complacents.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What I pointed was a cultural difference, which has nothing to do with racism.

Yes and tell me this: have you ever been to China? Hell, have you ever been outside of the US?

A cultural difference would be, for example, Russia's dramatic boundary between how men should act and how women should act. A cultural difference would be how Germans are generally less tolerant of failure than other countries. A cultural difference would be how swear words in America are really no big deal, whereas they're quite powerful in many eastern cultures.

What you're suggesting is that if you push a Chinese guy down, he'll lay there and say "well, I guess I'll just have to deal with this." WTF are you out of your mind?? If that were true then China would never be able to develop such a strong economy. No, EVERYONE gets ticked off if you push them down. What you're talking about are imaginary cultural differences that your own head has invented; they aren't realistic at all.

So yeah, have you ever been to China? Have you ever even left the US? Cause honestly, from the sounds of your posts you've been watching too many patriotic news stories where America tells you itself that it's the greatest country in the world. Cause yeah, if I tell you I'm the greatest person in the world, then obviously I'm a trustworthy source, right?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So, to be straight here, what we are being told is that a big reason for this change is that PWI wants to lower the gold prices to make it affordable for everyone and the prices are currently too high... Um...

Ok, so why don't they just set a maximum price for the gold trading? Because, really, it is not a true market that is run by completely uncontrollable factors. Perfect World (obviously) controls the code for the servers and has 100% control over them. So set a maximum (possibly configurable by server in which case the US and China servers don't have to match all the time) amount. Then no one will ever complain about high prices again.

OR stop the gold trading in market form and just make an item in the boutique that can be bought for gold and sold for a set amount of coin at an NPC (like a purchasable and smaller 10 Mil Big Note) and, at the same time, make an item that can be bought from an NPC that will take coin and give you gold. Then gold is still accesable for all players, even the non-cash shoppers, and there will be no more whining about high gold prices or need to ruin a (previously) perfectly good experience like TW.
  • zippobeast
    zippobeast Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I for one, will not be spending any more cash on this game, and it's likely ill go find a private server. with 10x exp and no level cap and give them my money.

ppl can still fake bid, the only reason i think its less likely now... is because owning land is practicly worthless.

PWE, u reaaaly need to start listening to your players.
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I WAS on your side for the exact reason you stated, but pointing our the differences between cultures and insulting them are two different things. The Chinese are the way they are because of the government differences, as you said. There's no need to call them robbers, oppressors, or complacent. I hope you don't seriously think the American government doesn't have its own share of robbers, oppressors, and complacents.

You obviously dont know **** about the Chinese government if you got offended by that 100% true statement.
    The human rights in China are as high of standards as the dog you got living in your house would be excepting in the USA.

Go read a book or something, gtfo of forums and go to wikipedia. You look stupid.
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    Wandera - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    For those of you griping about this change have you actually looked at the bigger picture here?

TW generates 560 million coins per week per server. Over a 6 month period that is 130 billion (13,000,000,000) coins exxhanging hands. Is there a npc that sells charms or gold to remove these coins from the game never to been seen again?

TW a coin sink I don't think so. To the indiviual it may appear that way. But suppose half of that money goes to npc's for skills, ammo, gems, bh fees etc etc. That still leave 65 billion coins floating around the server. When you got to by your equipment it isn't from a npc it from another player or the AH and that 65 billion coins remains in the system and each week it was geting topped up by TW pay.

So when you blame the pack for the price hike. Where did those coins come from?

When I play the times i have seen high lever chars rushing around killing mobs and rarely bothering to pick up the coins. Some of you have become so rich from the TW pay that picking up 20-1000 coins from a mob drop is so beneath you its crazy.

When you moan about the prices and say its the packs thats putting the cost of gold. Pause and thinke where did those coins to pay for come from? Did PWI say right we sold x amount of packs today we better drop x millions of coins on the server to pay for these packs? No they did not

The coins used to pay fro these raise prices has come from TW pay which was pumping 560 million coins into server every week.

When you say but it costs me more to play tw than I get out of it. It may very well do but what pay you do get most of it ends up in the hands of other players. Unless you spend every coin you get at an npc which will remove the coins from the game totally.

TW pay will slowly but surely grow and grow and there will be more and more coins floating around in game driving the prices higher and higher.

So the next time you blame packs for the price hike. Ask yourself now did that coinage come from people doing hard grind or did it come from TW pay.

ALL of those you griping this is too much the game isnt worth playing now. Im betting not all but a lot of you TW'ers have enough coins to go out and purchase the next release of fashion or mount striaght away and dont have to grind to get it.

The coins from TW to an indivual may seem like a coin sink but as the figures show collectively they are drive the prices behind the packs. Its not grinding for coins that making coins its the 560 millions a week dump ito the economy and people hanging on to the coins.
This discussion has been closed.