[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nah he himself is missing something.

He stated that tokens of best luck ''must'' be bought with ingame coins somehow.
    That be correct, when they originate from people cash shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Guild]: How long do you think this thread will turn out to be?
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    Pattoe - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

No idea, but they'll never listen to us, that's the only thing I'm certain of.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just want to put this out there, Boutique > Event Boutique > Utility > Combat appears to use Event Credits.

In this section they have bronze and silver charms HP & MP.

Quoting the relevant part from the path notes:
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Event Boutique
    A new Boutique has been introduced called the Event Boutique. When players participate in certain events, they will be able to win Event Points to purchase items from this new Boutique.

Granted, it isn't clear as to how you earn these Event Credits as yet but perhaps this might be an avenue to getting charmed for TW or other situations?

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Well if it goes on like this it will exceed the ''ban the above poster'' thread in a few days b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wandera you are dumber than Yulk, honest to God.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wandera you are dumber than Yulk, honest to God.

[Normal] Lenore : He can be Yulk the third. I think there was a Yulk the Second already.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I personally will ensure there is a thread scrutinizing this topic, to make sure it is never off the table until it's ACTUALLY addressed, not just GM's telling everyone to "drink the koolaid you will eventually like it."
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wandera - Heavens Tear
    Wandera - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're about as dense as a rock.

With insults like that why should any one pay attention what you say. let alone feel that your worth bothering about to actually change their minds. Keep up the good work or people skills are astoundingly friendly.. Make me want to feel sympathy for your plight..

Na not really haha suffer!!!
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I personally will ensure there is a thread scrutinizing this topic is never off the table until it's ACTUALLY addressed, not just GM's telling everyone to "drink the koolaid you will eventually like it."

Almost missed this'un...yeah, don't need that imagery, thanks.

Wow, you left my colour code in here so I can re-edit it, thanks Konari. Basic point of this post (before it was editted) is that the new patch isn't koolaid, its something much, much worse.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You know how it is, eventually they'll un sticky the thread, then they'll probably lock it or maybe even delete it, and then pretend it never happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Gold prices cant get too low cause of the huge amount of fail Chest of Coins.. I bet tons of ppl have thousands of them stocked on an alt somewhere so gold prices to drop a lot I wont see happen whatever is done. As long as the packs and all **** is there, sure its fun and gives ppl that can put money in this game great gear. but now with a chance of +12 dragon orbs, dear god..

Seems to me devs. want PWI to die and focus on other games they make by making the strongest people get even stronger so they can use some more cash before they get tired and quit cause its nothing to do anymore.

2 years ago:

* Normal TW pay
    * Normal price for DQ drops
    * No BH
    * No hyperstones
    * No perfect hammers
    * No Anniversary Packs
    * No Corral Packs
    * No Year of the tiger packs
    * No Dragon orb packs
    * No packs at all that actually mattered.
    = 100k ish gold price.. happy players that relied on skills and amount of work they did to get gear and grinding their lvls.

Now:

* mirages as TW pay
    * 20% less coins for DQ drops
    * BH
    * perfect hammers
    * Year of the tiger packs
    * Dragon orb packs
    * more expensive to teleport
    * Hyperstones
    * new OP packs at every update under new names.
    = 450k ish gold.. unhappy players that dont like stupid changes that feels like they get screwed over.. old good player core quit, no more point in being a weekend warrior for TW. New players that grew up on hyperstones and FF and BH, that are pretty much fast lvling players that lacks skill, making more fail runs in instances and more QQing.

2x drops event screwed TT mats prices, and still not going up after a long time since it was 2x drop..

Even though I enjoy decent gear etc that packs brought etc etc, I still think the old days before Anni packs was the greatest..
    I do like the new chat system, the item thing is really nice..

Most stuff is nice, but the stuff put in Boutique kills the game sadly.. + the TW thing im sure many of the biggest cash shoppers will move on to other games..

I think ill kill some more time here and talk to friends in game untill I quit... sooner then I thought im sure of. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You know how it is, eventually they'll un sticky the thread, then they'll probably lock it or maybe even delete it, and then pretend it never happened.

Ah, the Chinese way.
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    G
    Now:

* mirages as TW pay
    * 40% less coins for DQ drops
    * BH
    * perfect hammers
    * Year of the tiger packs
    * Dragon orb packs
    * more expensive to teleport
    * Hyperstones
    * new OP packs at every update under new names.
    = 450k ish gold.. unhappy players that dont like stupid changes that feels like they get screwed over.. old good player core quit, no more point in being a weekend warrior for TW. New players that grew up on hyperstones and FF and BH, that are pretty much fast lvling players that lacks skill, making more fail runs in instances and more QQing.

Fixed

10char
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Normal] Lenore: Hi Konari. I see you editing threads :)
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I SEE KonariRaiden! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA FACEPALM TOO.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Normal] Lenore: Hi Konari. I see you editing threads :)

Yes it seems even mods don't like big fonts (hint hint @ PWE) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The fact he didn't edit my post at the top of this page make's me think he agrees with it. ^.^
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Less editing of the posts Konari, nothing against the rules with using BBcode to edit text.

Althought unlike aryanna you at least kept the color b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The fact he didn't edit my post at the top of this page make's me think he agrees with it. ^.^

[Normal] Lenore: You didn't break any rules
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Normal] NightRage: Konari doesn't like the UI changes either?
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [Normal] Lenore: You didn't break any rules

I don't feel rebellious enough, now. b:cry

if the GMs and Mods really cared about us, they'd go on strike for us, until changes were implemented, this is their forum, afterall, aren't they displeased PWE is ignoring it completely and making them silence us by putting us all into one thread so we can be ignored easily?
    edited August 2010
    Options
    wrong thread D:
  • Vulphie - Sanctuary
    Vulphie - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The changes to TW are completely ridiculous!

First of all, making secret nonrefundable bids is one of the dumbest things I've heard of. Sure it makes a great coin sink, but the idea of it is very unfair. Basically you better hope no1 else bids more than you on that land. The minimun TW bid is 500k but I think many factions will be spending 1-2m to give themselves a better chance of getting the TW. If you're going to make the bidding secret at least make it refundable!

Second, who the hell thought up mirages as a suitable reward? Did you have monkeys throw darts at a wall with pics of items on it?! Honestly?! That's like giving me a quest to kill 90 mobs and rewarding me with a celestone fragment, 20k exp and 50k coins and believe me..that's happened!! The 1.5m from NPCing the mirages doesn't even cover the cost of 4 barbs pulling cats, let alone the other 76 people in there.

I've fought in both PvE and PvP TW, yeah that's right PVE!! When the game 1st started, TW was a great way to build your faction, work your butts off leveling and then try to stake a claim on the map. For a landless faction, the money comes straight from your pocket to pay for what you need to attack. If you won, you were rewarded with having to pay for less the next time around. In the factions I've been in, the 10m helped offset anything you paid for yourself.

But that was before we had lvl 100s with +10 equip lol. Do I think some factions take advantage of TW? Absolutely! But there are better ways to solve this problem than what's been done.

-Set a limit on how much land a territory can own, say 8 territories maximum. With 47 territories available that guarantees at least 5 different factions will be on the map. 80m between 200 people is 400k each or...1 gold per week...yeah..really gonna upset the economy right?

-If not a limit, then give a defensive disadvantage to factions who own more than a certain amount of land. Reduce the hp of the crystal or towers, reduce the damage of defending faction, etc. Or reduce the amount each territory gives if a faction has over a certain amount.

However, I think the best way to improve TW for low lvl factions is this: Allow people to buy charms from the NPC in TW. Say 100k for gold and 200k for platinum. The charms would disappear after 3 hours or if you left the instance. This dramatically reduces the amount each player would have to pay in order to participate in TW and levels the playing field, since many people cannot afford charms at the current gold prices. Perhaps catapult and tower prices could also be reduced. If these changes were implemented with a 50% reduction in TW rewards, I don't think people would be as upset as they are now. Taking away TW rewards DOES NOT balance TW, making it cheaper for everyone to participate does!

P.S. TW rewards did not and do not cause high gold prices...those dumb packs you put in cash shop do! And you know that as well, so don't insult our intelligence by using a scapegoat.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't feel rebellious enough, now. b:cry

if the GMs and Mods really cared about us, they'd go on strike for us, until changes were implemented, this is their forum, afterall, aren't they displeased PWE is ignoring it completely and making them silence us by putting us all into one thread so we can be ignored easily?

Or all be heard easier, works on both sides really.

And I think we're a bit too hasty in deciding, the GM's are probably still looking into the sentiments of the people posting here.

They can't just decide on all this from a little less than a day of the patch being released here (even though things are pretty obvious so far).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options

First of all, making secret nonrefundable bids is one of the dumbest things I've heard of. Sure it makes a great coin sink, but the idea of it is very unfair. Basically you better hope no1 else bids more than you on that land. The minimun TW bid is 500k but I think many factions will be spending 1-2m to give themselves a better chance of getting the TW. If you're going to make the bidding secret at least make it refundable!

Second, who the hell thought up mirages as a suitable reward? Did you have monkeys throw darts at a wall with pics of items on it?! Honestly?! That's like giving me a quest to kill 90 mobs and rewarding me with a celestone fragment, 20k exp and 50k coins and believe me..that's happened!! The 1.5m from NPCing the mirages doesn't even cover the cost of 4 barbs pulling cats, let alone the other 76 people in there.

I've fought in both PvE and PvP TW, yeah that's right PVE!! When the game 1st started, TW was a great way to build your faction, work your butts off leveling and then try to stake a claim on the map. For a landless faction, the money comes straight from your pocket to pay for what you need to attack. If you won, you were rewarded with having to pay for less the next time around. In the factions I've been in, the 10m helped offset anything you paid for yourself.

But that was before we had lvl 100s with +10 equip lol. Do I think some factions take advantage of TW? Absolutely! But there are better ways to solve this problem than what's been done.

-Set a limit on how much land a territory can own, say 8 territories maximum. With 47 territories available that guarantees at least 5 different factions will be on the map. 80m between 200 people is 400k each or...1 gold per week...yeah..really gonna upset the economy right?

-If not a limit, then give a defensive disadvantage to factions who own more than a certain amount of land. Reduce the hp of the crystal or towers, reduce the damage of defending faction, etc. Or reduce the amount each territory gives if a faction has over a certain amount.

However, I think the best way to improve TW for low lvl factions is this: Allow people to buy charms from the NPC in TW. Say 100k for gold and 200k for platinum. The charms would disappear after 3 hours or if you left the instance. This dramatically reduces the amount each player would have to pay in order to participate in TW and levels the playing field, since many people cannot afford charms at the current gold prices. Perhaps catapult and tower prices could also be reduced. If these changes were implemented with a 50% reduction in TW rewards, I don't think people would be as upset as they are now. Taking away TW rewards DOES NOT balance TW, making it cheaper for everyone to participate does!

P.S. TW rewards did not and do not cause high gold prices...those dumb packs you put in cash shop do! And you know that as well, so don't insult our intelligence by using a scapegoat.

hmm.. best solution would be a Map Reset every year.. make it more fun again for all after a year.
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for remindin' me...almost missed that one. And Rawrgh, I only change it if it's MIND BENDINGLY LARGE...like what you had. Personally, I have no answer to this subject, as I'm just a Forum Mod; I got nothin' when it comes to game mechanics. So I'll stick with what I'm decent at; modding posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

I agree with everything you said, However, you missed out on one big point.

The reason they stated on the news for the secret non-refundable bidding was to discourage fake bidding, now I'm sure it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out this wont work. If anything it makes it easier.

The kind of factions that use fake bidding do not care about coins, they can create a faction and bid normally so they have the coins to fake bid.

However, now that bidding is secret, you do not know when a faction is using a fake bid to block you so you cannot counter it, atleast in the past you could counter fake bidding or alert the GMs before they actually got the bid through. (Which is rare since GMs are so lazy and never respond quickly to tickets, but possible in theory.)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It just reflects the size of the text in game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pattoe - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thanks for remindin' me...almost missed that one. And Rawrgh, I only change it if it's MIND BENDINGLY LARGE...like what you had. Personally, I have no answer to this subject, as I'm just a Forum Mod; I got nothin' when it comes to game mechanics. So I'll stick with what I'm decent at; modding posts.

Awwhs, you got my post, I was being creative too :-(

Ill replace it with something more friendly, lol.

Join us in the fight to get this changed back, would be nice to have a mod on our side, someone to say that our voice does matter.
This discussion has been closed.