[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If TW is the cause of this I say Dragon Temple should only give mirages in chests and more mobs should spawn to make people have higher repair bill.

Snake Race shouldnt give a badge of speed... it should give a mirage D:<

City of abom.... oh well i dont wanna spend 100k that ill lose to prob fail inside xD

TTs should only drop mirages

Nirvana should give regular celestones instead of the good mats

FF should give exp notes that say u earned this much exp but u cant use it :p

Molds are a myth so is everything else

Packs should only give 1 token of luck and it should be a 100% chance of getting it

/wrists TW didnt do that much compared to everything else that feeds into money
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Keep it in a normal size please. It hurts to read it. As you edited them back to the prior size NightRage I moved to admin forum.
    That's what it feels like in game. That's why we're making it a point.

At least on forums we have an option. In game they've forced us to live with it.

If that size is not allowed then why is there an option for it? When is size 7 allowed?
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Keep it in a normal size please. It hurts to read it.

b:chuckle .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ok, perhaps unexperienced. You haven't had to deal with when two leading guilds fight on a regular basis. Of course it's fun, but it's quite expensive. Some people are willing to dump tons of RL money into the game, others can't. TW pay helps to cover some of those costs making it more competitive and levels the playing field somewhat.

The people who spend hundreds of dollars won't be hurt by this and don't care. It's the free players, or those that spend little that it actually hurts. So take the fun away from people who wish to compete but can't afford it. It's not like "oh you gotta buy one charm"... I've had weekends where I've gone through 5 charms. I guess my only other alternative is to play more or quit. Those are lovely options.

You want to TW for fun, but if you're not going to invest in charms, trying to face one of the larger factions will be even more difficult than it would be. I guess if you're not prepared to having to fight 2-3 wars a weekend it doesn't matter to you. The larger factions will still own more land.

Since you haven't invested the time, resources or farming to play an important role in TW, everyone else who has should spend more RL money or play the game even more to remain competitive?

My point is that removing TW pay isn't going to help the economy in any measurable way, it removes the free players from competing at the top and it doesn't help the smaller guilds at all because they'll still be rolled by the larger factions, and their costs will have increased as well, making them just as unlikely as they are now to bid as before. With non-refundable bids, they're less likely to win a bid against a smaller faction's land who might have several bidders, while the larger factions will still remain untouched by those smaller factions not willing to just throw 2m+ down the drain.

I honestly don't see these changes spurring any increase in wars, I just see it as another attempt at forcing more players to spend more real life cash in the game. Only time will tell if it has worked, but judging by the current gold prices on my server, it has had a negative effect. Just because people who can't or don't TW are enjoying the fact they can rub this in the face of those that do doesn't make this a positive change at all.

Play more or quit are your options? If you are just logging on to play TW you've quit already, just not officially. If TW is the only fun aspect of this game for people, then they aren't being productive citizens of the community anyways. You still don't get it. If TW is supposed to be about the fun of the game.. if its all in fun.. who cares who wins or loses?

They are bringing back that aspect of the game. I might get killed a trillion times in TW, but if I'm having fun.. that means more to me than the 180 million I might have lost b/c we didn't win. Its not about rubbing it in the face of the larger factions, its about understanding that this community here should be about more than money. I bet the large factions who own all the lands have very few ppl who even like each other. They are there b/c they have good gears, they are high lvls and they can win wars.

Maybe now ppl will join factions for the people there, the fun they have together and NOT b/c they all have uber gears and fighting skills.

In Warsong we are awarded pills that give tons of defence, so maybe when entering TW we could get a free charm that expires when leaving the instance? That'd....be nice and would quit the QQing about people TWing for coin for compensation eh? And to combat players already using a charm for PvE make it so that the charm spots don't work in TW, just let the pill work . And as far as apoth goes, faction members can farm herbs to make apoth. b:victory

They could implement something like this, yes it would mean less profit for them but.. isn't TW about who is better? Charms really dont give a chance to see that. But at least you have an idea!!!
    realy smart move, why to actualy care about the concerns people are having when you can just ban people who hurt you girlish fellings?

wonder what will happen when the bigest cash shopers (people in bigest tw factions) stop spending so much cash to try to win tw since there will be no challenge

what to fix economy? take away the ****** packs and it will be done, either you admit you dont care about players or do something to FIX this and not just to try people buy even more zen

wonder if i get a ban whit that too b:shocked

First, FrankieRaye isn't a girl.. although he may have girlish feelings I'm not sure about that.

Second, Everyone is so caught up in being ticked off that they do not think about waiting to see what kind of changes this will make in the game.

I remember the upset that happened when they put silvermane in the cash shop. Pages and pages of riots, now.. no1 even cares. Same with Dq drop reductions. No we don't like it but its not a big deal anymore. We all put on our big boy pants and sucked it up and adjusted.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Do not circumvent the filter please - Ary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    How big is too big?

Let me know which one of these is considered "normal."

Isn't that a relative term?

Who decides what is normal?

I think we should all choose our words a little more carefully.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol too many pages of QQing, i don think GMs will read all, therefore, lots of important infos will be lost. if u wanna QQ, send tickets, becos GMs reply every single one of them. tats how your souund will be heard
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My question about the reactions on Chinese version about the TW. That's fine, other than the fact that no one will read my post within 95 pages of QQ.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Do not circumvent the filter please - Ary

Do not edit my entire post when an edit of one word will do.

That DOES make it seem like you're squelching opinions.

I'm trying to SUPPORT and HELP you.

I say again:

If you don't give people a reason for you actions, I, as a former moderator of large forums can tell you, that people will just rage more, and use that as an excuse to rant about the "tyranny of the mods" and other such tripe that's generally completely untrue.

You are in a bad situation. I say again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    and daaaaa, chinese servers already done this kind of update, didnt they?

if yes then i don think this thread serves any purpose, becos GMs wont change anything.
    edited August 2010
    I want a refund please.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My question about the reactions on Chinese version about the TW. That's fine, other than the fact that no one will read my post within 95 pages of QQ.

I have read it. Honestly no clue. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Duke Shouts: We Are Making More Changes To The Game Whether You Like It Or Not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrMime - Raging Tide
    MrMime - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Actually lets make it really annoying...DUKE SHOUTS: WE ARE MAKING CHANGES TO THE GAME WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I want a refund please.

b:chuckle .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exefs - Archosaur
    Exefs - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You made me lol xD
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't know if it's good or bad, only time will tell. But I do see some stupidity in it. 1st is a month ago DEV drop mirage production and DQ price. Ok so you wanna protect your pocket and keep 3rd party from picking in yours. We got it and we are mostly not very happy but we will learn to deal whit it. Now you blow in or face a system that drop mirage on the market like a tropical rain storm. WTF is going on ! I'll tell you all, it's getting more gold out of all of us. You really think they will regulate this gold vs coins exchange, remove pack, and every thing that makes the gold price go up. Dream on, the higher it is the more player use there credit card. Stop complaining, and do a real action. Stop buying gold for 1 year.

On the other side, now that small faction will probably not be very interesed in going in TW. Well so I read, the truth, they already don't go in TW. Why, because the big faction already exploited the old system and run around the server whit 2 star gold +12 full set gear. You really thing a faction like Essence need Charm to win a TW. Get real, 10 of then can aoe your crystal in 5 minute and wipe a full 80 player lv 100 whit farm gear.

The only complain I read so far is player that now see they won't get it easy like the 1st bath of player did. Player now that see they have to spend $$ to have fun.

It's about time someone stop this. And start to pvp you dam carebear on your mothers credit card !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I have read it. Honestly no clue. b:surrender

I'm curious to know how they reacted as well.

Damn why are all the threads redirected into this one???? Think the poster asked a decent question. -.- But only a few ppl will see .

b:angry b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    I'm curious to know how they reacted as well.

Damn why are all the threads redirected into this one???? Think the poster asked a decent question. -.- But only a few ppl will see .

b:angry b:angry

It's a bad situation for the mods. I know from experience that it IS indeed much harder to police several threads instead of just one.

However, as much as spoons and the others say that they'll read every post? The only reason why I have is that I started when this thread was posted, was here with it until page 74, and only had about 20 pages to catch up on. Even then I skimmed.

Spoons is going to be reading for a really, REALLY long time. If he manages to read every post, kudos to him.

Not that it matters, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1 more like this and you are in trouble - Ary
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why couldn't have my thread about the reactions on the Chinese servers remain its own thread? It's not about the " Territory War Changes 8-5-10" to our servers.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    This system is going to strangle the competitiveness out of smaller factions like the one Fuzzy leads, it is only a matter of time.

The larger factions that have held vast tracks of land for much longer periods of time are now left with a resource pool that is far far far deeper than anything a smaller guild can hope to ever achieve.

A faction like Nefarious, (sorry, just the most obvious name that jumps to mind) assuming they have managed their assets well has a war chest that, even while no longer being replenished each week, will allow them to bid on territory and build towers and buy cata scrolls etc at no cost to their members for a long time to come.

A small faction like Fuzzy's which only holds 3 territories will be depleted of resources in a matter of weeks. It will then fall to the faction itself to raise the required funds if we wish to participate. The idea of supplying charms? No longer even an option. This will make a small guild unable to withstand an attack from a larger one.

Also, if you think it will result of no pay is the cata-barbs etc in the biggest factions going charmless you are kidding yourselves. The 20k+hp barbs etc are not the players that are dependent on TW pay for charms. It is the players in the smaller factions who are unable to cash shop etc to cover their costs that rely on it the most..... aka 90% of the members of the smaller TW'ing factions.

Thanks for essentially passing a death sentence on the ability of a smaller guild to have any prayer to keep attempting to compete.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i Want A Refund Please.

i Want A Refand Too Plx!
    edited August 2010
    Yeah smaller guilds won't want to take a chance with their coins and waste money on bids. You've made it near impossible for new guilds to get involved in TW.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    It's a bad situation for the mods. I know from experience that it IS indeed much harder to police several threads instead of just one.

However, as much as spoons and the others say that they'll read every post? The only reason why I have is that I started when this thread was posted, was here with it until page 74, and only had about 20 pages to catch up on. Even then I skimmed.

Spoons is going to be reading for a really, REALLY long time. If he manages to read every post, kudos to him.

Not that it matters, unfortunately.

Spoons? :o lol if I'm not mistaken he's no longer with the company for a while now.

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

REMOVE THE PACKS!!! & see the gold drop in a week to 300. Instead you take out TW$ but introduce 5 kinds of packs in boutique. FFS Frankie... While the changes I could have handled, this bs & the posts of pretending to give a poo is starting to b:angry me of.

& Shut the Duke/5mtoken for crying out loud...

Meh w/e... Taking suggestions on a new game to play. Pm plz or post me in game b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Utopia - Dreamweaver
    Utopia - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?

I'm thinking smaller factions might be more reluctant to bid. They have less money and if they happen to bid on the same piece of land as another (blind bidding process) and happen to get outbid, they do not get a refund if I understand correctly. I'm quite sure their limited funds could be better spent elsewhere.

I also wanted to comment on the lack of information regarding these changes. You've summarized them in the announcement but the information (I find) is unclear and leaves many unanswered questions. A change of this magnitude should have a much more detailed explanation with FAQ to address the changes and impacts.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Spoons? :o lol if I'm not mistaken he's no longer with the company for a while now.

IDK D8 I thought Ary said that he would be reading it, but I've been reading threads so fast my head is spinning.
    REMOVE THE PACKS!!! & see the gold drop in a week to 300. Instead you take out TW$ but introduce 5 kinds of packs in boutique. FFS Frankie... While the changes I could have handled, this bs & the posts of pretending to give a poo is starting to b:angry me of.

& Shut the Duke/5mtoken for crying out loud...

Meh w/e... Taking suggestions on a new game to play. Pm plz or post me in game b:cute

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    100 Pages.
    And all negative comments...

Do the Devs not understand yet?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    100 Pages.
    And all negative comments...

[strike]Please explain how this situation is anything but negative.[/strike] Sorry, edited before you did. That's what I get for moving so fast.
    I'm thinking smaller factions might be more reluctant to bid. They have less money and if they happen to bid on the same piece of land as another (blind bidding process) and happen to get outbid, they do not get a refund if I understand correctly. I'm quite sure their limited funds could be better spent elsewhere.

I also wanted to comment on the lack of information regarding these changes. You've summarized them in the announcement but the information (I find) is unclear and leaves many unanswered questions. A change of this magnitude should have a much more detailed explanation with FAQ to address the changes and impacts.

You mean, the devs should allow their customer relations to test the update and prepare a detailed explanation before-hand?

I think you're laboring under the delusion that PWE devs give a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well u see russie, when u throw bull ***** in ppls face...wont they get mad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
This discussion has been closed.