[Discussion about the new UI]

Options

Comments

• Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pretty much what's been said already...Linking is great...about time!

The font is awful, sooo many glitches that weren't picked up in testing?

The [World] etc. tags are just annoying extra clutter to the chatbox. I could possibly understand the usefulness to someone who's colourblind, but there should at least be an option to switch them off.

And the font is blurry in chat with NPC.

On the plus side, there was no lag in West Arch today! b:pleased But is that because so many people have quit? And not to mention that only one other person from my faction was online...that's unheard of b:sad , I hope they've not decided to quit over this...or has this patch caused problems for a lot of people? b:cry
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Could it be possible to add an option that says "restore old PWI interface"? because i ABSOLUTELY HATE the new one, it's like PWI for dummies! the font is huge, so are the windows, the text is a mess and the "world", "guild" etc. tags are a little somewhat way too much, this game is played majorly by young adults or late teens, we don't need carebear style interface!
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Even if someone was colourblind, surely they would have special options on their PC to adjust the color, or prescription eyewear to fix that problem. Either way, they could determine which color goes for which chat, as well.
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lets see :

the ability to link items = +1 great idea

the colors of chat with the chat type (world, local, team, faction, etc...) is good also. nice work on that.

The hugeness of all numbers, letters etc = NOOOO remove that! or at least reduce the police please.

The hyper xp button = i don't care Im not an hypernoob b:chuckle

CONCLUSION :

great work but please reduce the size of letters and numbers.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    An option just to remove the tags (the things that say WORLD or FACTION or whatever) would really be nice. That way, people wouldn't have to be annoyed by it.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Also, if they made some of the text sizes smaller. I don't think the genie info with energy and stam needs to be THAT big. I can read that across the room without my glasses on, and I'm badly short-sighted.
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The item linking is fine, but the font is miserable, and the symbol saying where the chat is from is annoying; its color coordinated for a reason...

That. You essentially coat-tailed this patch into the game. You told us about the item linking, yet as far as I know you failed to mention anything about changing font sizes. The item linking is a nice addition. The UI is not.

Are you going to consider the complaints and suggestions of PW's players? No, of course not. As usual you're going to be, with all due respect (which is very minimal at this point), rather useless. The incompetence of the company as a whole seems know no bounds. As the only saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Which was also the name of a post I made, and one that "conveniently" disappeared. You're pretty sketchy PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The chat icons.... oh my.... ..
    Worst addition ever. Plus.. I thought it were factions and not guilds like in a certain other mmorpg <.<

Font size.. when I logged on I felt like I opened a program for people who only got 20% of their eyesight left. Too big dangit.
    And the overlarge font in hp/mp bar... ... Made me wanna puke. My teacher would kill me if I made such an ugly thing.

Keep the font style but think of the sizes, grrr. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    To be honest, that large font makes me feel like someone has sat me down and is teaching me to read giant font as a 5 year old again. Makes me feel a bit dumbed down. That's only my opinion though. In fact, if you right click genie menu, the numbers are so bloody big you can't exactly tell what they say since they overlap each other. I notice when I put EXP into it, the EXP bar is insanely big. I guess that's a glitch, though.
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The old font was much cleaner actually, and the one thing that is driving me nuts is the chat tags. i mean really now? i thought there was a color difference already...
    so yes to item linking, bout time we got that over here
    NO NONONONONOONOOOOOO b:angry to the new font and chat tags. old font plz? things overlap on this one QQ
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It looks like a coloring book for 4 year olds, get rid of it.

The, guild, world, private, etc. tags need to be removed, sorry but I'm not stupid enough to the point where I cant identify blue with guild.

The text is ridiculously huge, and leads me to question whether or not the GMs actually test updates before implementing them.

Either they don't, or when they were testing this not a SINGLE PERSON was like "hey guys, don't you think this is a little oversized?", and if so then I have lost what tiny little bit of confidence I had that the GMs know what they're doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The new layout will take some time to get used to, but I like it so far.

People griping most are those who don't like change. I usually don't like change but Im loving this new system. The (word)(guild)(normal)buttons are a bit strange and different than what we are used to but over all this is a much better set up.
    Honestly, I think if you guys just changed the font back to the original font then everything would look a lot better and everyone would be much happier.

Those most upset are those who have low res settings. Which is making their font huge.. read below.
    The chat icons is the only thing I would remove. Linking is great, the font looks good. It seems to be, after looking at screen shots, that the only people complaining are the ones running the game at really low resolutions. This game is NOT graphic intense at all, get a decent video card, run at a higher resolution and stop crying. So step up whiners, and go ask for a raise in your allowance or leave. No one will miss you.

I agree... the new system is quite nice. It is more concise, I disagree with those saying its not.
    edited August 2010
    Options

The, guild, world, private, etc. tags need to be removed, sorry but I'm not stupid enough to the point where I cant identify blue with guild.

The text is ridiculously huge, and leads me to question whether or not the GMs actually test updates before implementing them.

Either they don't, or when they were testing this not a SINGLE PERSON was like "hey guys, don't you think this is a little oversized?", and if so then I have lost what tiny little bit of confidence I had that the GMs know what they're doing.

change your resolution to a higher one and you will barely notice a difference in the font size. Seriously.. why does everyone always think they don't test stuff? They of course did not test it for low resolution, very few people operate on 800x600 anymore. Mine is the same size as it was BEFORE the patch.

If you've lost all hope, uninstall. The rest of us will still be here. THE CHAT IS NOT OVERSIZED FIX YOUR GRAPHICS AND RES!
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Either they don't, or when they were testing this not a SINGLE PERSON was like "hey guys, don't you think this is a little oversized?", and if so then I have lost what tiny little bit of confidence I had that
    the GMs know what they're doing.

75378-TrollFace.png
  • Katozuma - Raging Tide
    Katozuma - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    new ui screwed with my eyes i couldnt stare at the screen long enough and changing the settings didnt help that much. i wish there was an option to change it back to the old ui : (. Change just take time getting used to peace
  • Lilasian - Lost City
    Lilasian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The font is hideous the labeling on the side is even worst. Everything is just so plain and ugly. I can barely stay on the game without **** up my eyeballs! What were you guys thinking? b:angry
    b:cute[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    change your resolution to a higher one and you will barely notice a difference in the font size. Seriously.. why does everyone always think they don't test stuff? They of course did not test it for low resolution, very few people operate on 800x600 anymore. Mine is the same size as it was BEFORE the patch.

If you've lost all hope, uninstall. The rest of us will still be here. THE CHAT IS NOT OVERSIZED FIX YOUR GRAPHICS AND RES!
    So now we have to play at a certain resolution for chat to be normal? So what you're saying is since the update you are now FORCED to play at a resolution?

Makes sense, great update PWE.

What you're basically telling me, is that I'm no longer able to play on windowed mode anymore, great update PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    >.>' I HATE this new text issue, linking is fine and great for selling things, but the fonts and sizing are TERRIBLE. I can barely stand to play this game, it is giving me a massive headache every time I try to read anything. What was wrong with the old text? Nothing, I loved it, it was clear and easy to read. I can't even stand common chat now, its so hard to even keep track of WC verses common now, makes my headache worse. And don't even get me started on faction window, genie window and all those... Please please fix this.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My simple question is: why?

It feels so cluttered, and the tags really aren't necessary, if anything it makes it harder to read. The old font and sizes looked sleek and clean. This one reminds me of a horribly done web page that used no coding whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the lower res ya got, the more ya hate new UI it seem. all the more reason to not change back. cos low res is not the future. i complained about old UI being too tiny when i got a new monitor.

why should devs keep making it fit best on 800*600 and 1280*768, when you cant even buy that low resulutions anymore? its standard 1680 <.<( atleast i dont seem to be able to find in store in my country)

there is some overlap font glitches. but thats not the UI's fault, just bad coding like last time they messed up faction listings.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So now we have to play at a certain resolution for chat to be normal? So what you're saying is since the update you are now FORCED to play at a resolution?

What you're basically telling me, is that I'm no longer able to play on windowed mode anymore, great update PWE.

As I said some time ago, we shouldn't be forced to change our resolution. Some of us do other things with our PCs other than play PWI. Wouldn't it be annoying to constantly have to change your distorted resolution to play PWI, then change it back to normal when doing other tasks? They should be able to implement some kind of option (especially with their resolution settings) so that the font appears normal on most of these resolutions.

EDIT: Don't mind me, I'm quoting terribly when I'm this tired.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, new text, new font, everything new to do with the chat system and the UI made me almost cry last night :s
  • BigPizza - Lost City
    BigPizza - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Has the font size changed or is it just me?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think it's all an elaborate scheme to get as many of us as possible to move to Forsaken World. Or maybe they are bidding against their own stocks.
  • ElfyPrincess - Heavens Tear
    ElfyPrincess - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bigfont.jpg

Thanks for attention
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Has the font size changed or is it just me?

About 10x bigger of normal, it seems. e.e;
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    the lower res ya got, the more ya hate new UI it seem. all the more reason to not change back. cos low res is not the future. i complained about old UI being too tiny when i got a new monitor.

why should devs keep making it fit best on 800*600 and 1280*768, when you cant even buy that low resulutions anymore? its standard 1680 <.<( atleast i dont seem to be able to find in store in my country)

there is some overlap font glitches. but thats not the UI's fault, just bad coding like last time they messed up faction listings.

I'm using a 1280x1024...font size had to be downgraded for hugeness @_@.....

If i actually felt like getting a new monitor though....i think i'd go for the 2xxxx by 15xx range.
    edited August 2010
    Options

NO, I'm saying that their update was for people with decent graphics cards and decent res. If yours doesn't meet that expectation it sucks, I hear ya. But at the same time you guys can't expect them to always cater to you. They can't please everyone all the time.

I play in windowed mode, and mine is fine.
    Sorry, new text, new font, everything new to do with the chat system and the UI made me almost cry last night :s

It made me cry.. tears of joy.. I really like it.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You guys serously change the entire chat system font, but decide not to fix all the menus so they don't look like utter ****? Top notch game development b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I vote that everyone use size 7 bolded text on the forums now so it can match the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.