[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• GHealz - Archosaur
    GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'll probably get shot down for this but...I think this is a good idea.

I played on a different account back in the olden days when the game was new out of beta and I remember when gold was 200k. Many many many of you who are QQing at the present moment were QQing just yesterday about how no player could get anywhere without paying cash shop money. Well, one of the reasons gold went up was because the TW factions gained money and raised the prices. Doing this will, I think, be a kind of reset back to those days, so that the players that play free will be able to have access to things like mounts and fash for a more reasonable price.

I think that PWI is listening to their community by doing this, and it may hurt at first but we will be better off in the long run. Plus, ye who are QQing because you are losing money? Well if prices go down, your current cash will only increase in value, so you have just become effectively more wealthy, so don't be greedy, just budget and spend it wisely.

I want to thank PWI for doing this because the horrid prices would have only gotten worse. I think this will make a big difference and will make a lot of new players happier now that they can advance and feel more equal to the cash shoppers.

u are a COMPLETE idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All told, I for one am looking forward to a specific set of people leaving the game permanently, making the world a better place for the rest.

Also, if, as some have mentioned, the TW pay removal will reduce influx of game coin, that should reduce inflation, reduce cost of boutique items including charms, and thus all the unhappiness about cost of charms used up in TWs sounds disingenuous at best.

I don't TW, nor does my faction, entirely by choice - however TW coin and TW-earnings-generated drama invariably impact the game experience for us negatively. This is a good change from my viewpoint.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'll probably get shot down for this but...I think this is a good idea.

I played on a different account back in the olden days when the game was new out of beta and I remember when gold was 200k. Many many many of you who are QQing at the present moment were QQing just yesterday about how no player could get anywhere without paying cash shop money. Well, one of the reasons gold went up was because the TW factions gained money and raised the prices. Doing this will, I think, be a kind of reset back to those days, so that the players that play free will be able to have access to things like mounts and fash for a more reasonable price.

I think that PWI is listening to their community by doing this, and it may hurt at first but we will be better off in the long run. Plus, ye who are QQing because you are losing money? Well if prices go down, your current cash will only increase in value, so you have just become effectively more wealthy, so don't be greedy, just budget and spend it wisely.

I want to thank PWI for doing this because the horrid prices would have only gotten worse. I think this will make a big difference and will make a lot of new players happier now that they can advance and feel more equal to the cash shoppers.

You think they are serious LOL
    they say they wanna drop gold price and then put +12 orb packs in
    that is going to skyrocket it

u have to remember what brought the gold price up..packs
    notice how 2 dif packs are being sold at the same time
    its quite funny
    Lost City FTW
  • Wolfiepochie - Lost City
    Wolfiepochie - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    100% this
    FREE SUSAMAJII D: b:angry

Yes free susa. One of the best barbs on the server <,< Also +1 @ wat IsisBlack said. Alt is in knights NOT AVERY GOOD GUILD U GOT THERE LOL
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Great news, love it.
    I know this gonner annoy all you TW players, but hey guess what, you TW players are a tiny tiny minority of the player base of PW.
    So welcome to the non TW guild hell that i endure on a day to day basis. No cash hard to get certain things done cos im not running in all +10 gear cos i aint been paid billions a week in pixel cash.
    Please PWI one request, lets have the DQ drops increased permantly we got bills to pay too. an the WE are the majority not the minority. Thanks for this update PWI b:chuckleb:laughb:pleased
  • Snoozer - Lost City
    Snoozer - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.
    -Kantorek

So, this statement makes it seem as though the TW change was made to help out the "little" guys. Shame on the big fancy guilds for collecting fat paychecks and driving up gold prices!

Well of course, the only reason to TW now (besides that it's pretty fun - but that's not enough when you lose money doing it) is to get the 9jun thingy. Now lets think: who can even USE the 9jun thingy? Those "little" guys you're trying to help out with these TW changes? I don't think so. Only heavy cash shoppers and serious full-time farmers/merchants will have the cash to buy the rep to be able to utilize it. Just look at the existing 8juns; who are they?

So what you've done with this change is to even further marginalize the casual players, who perhaps depended on TW for charms, refines, and a good time. TW more than ever before will be ONLY for the elite. Why would anyone else bother?

Just pointing out some likely repercussions that perhaps you hadn't thought of. Or did you?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LMAO Mouthing off at the Gms?

If I'd spent money on this game just to have it be ruined I think I'd rage at you people too. I'd stop pissing off the people that provide your pay checks.

Okay, "Mouthing off at the GM's" is not really the best word choice for that rule (though that is what's on there).

Basically, personal insults on us (moron, idiot, etc..) aren't allowed on the forums. We don't allow them to be used against the players either.

If you want to complain about what's going on, that's fine, but please focus your anger on the issue instead of at the human beings who are trying to listen to you.
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think this is the biggest thread I've seen made in one day. :O

I guess we'll see how the TW thing goes. Sounds like a bad idea at first, but maybe it isn't, who knows yet.

Correction, 4 hours so farb:shockedb:surrender
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Winterenity - Dreamweaver
    Winterenity - Dreamweaver Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    But really..its not like were SCARCE of mirages lmao.
  • LadyRivierra - Heavens Tear
    LadyRivierra - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol wonder what will happen to HT map now.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Broken economy has now been killed with fire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Iyzebel - Lost City
    Iyzebel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    maybe moderators should not change reward for holding a teriitory ....maybe should change max number a territory's can hold by only 1 faction
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

LOL Most of that pay goes back into gold since we need to buy charms from people that buy gold or buy gold ourselves to sponsor the charms.

I don't understand how the devs logic works honestly. Let's see, let's make the rewards for territories ****, so that people feel so motivated to fight between themselves they actually buy more gold or maybe they won't buy gold because the rewards are 150 mirages to make a 3 hour war or even defend a land.

What motivation will newer factions have to attack the ones that have land???

Secret bidding...hmmm, well might make things random but not refunding the cash? Then who is gonna bid lol

You are killing the only basic thing that keeps this game alive. TW. PK is at a plummet lately, PVE after 100 is meh...And the only reason people upgrade their gears is to TW more and be better at that, if not there is no reason. Btw check ur facebook page, u might notice you don't have as many likes anymore, also check ur economy, maybe your stock.

Also passionate responses...more like we do not want this change to occur...and blaming factions holding land for gold prices going up, aww come on, everytime i see a sale for D orbs or packs i watch gold go up and it has stayed at that price because guess what...packs have always been around. b:victory

And yes i was playing this game when gold was at ~100k, when i actually farmed DQ items for bronze charms to grind.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention, back when Nef and Leg holded 50% and 50% land...gold was STILL 100k-150k
    *Do i hear packs...* omg yes, i saw gold 600k first time they came out aint that lovely.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    olden days
    gold was 200k
    TW factions gained money and raised the prices

Hi there, person who doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • Wolfiepochie - Lost City
    Wolfiepochie - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thought you GMs would be off work by now :X It is 11:30.
  • NyKage - Lost City
    NyKage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, "Mouthing off at the GM's" is not really the best word choice for that rule (though that is what's on there).

Basically, personal insults on us (moron, idiot, etc..) aren't allowed on the forums. We don't allow them to be used against the players either.

If you want to complain about what's going on, that's fine, but please focus your anger on the issue instead of at the human beings who are trying to listen to you.

I hope your computer crashes but hope you personally IRL get to win the lottery
  • KanyeWest - Raging Tide
    KanyeWest - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Frankie, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish but a monkey has better bull ****ting skillz than you.
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    u are a COMPLETE idiot

I'd love to hear why.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2010

>_> I know her in real life, we went to highschool. There is no point debating with her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    FYI
    gold is determined by how much people are willing to pay and as long as you, YOU THE GMs, sell things like packs that have EPIC RARE stuff for the chance of only spending 1 gold...instead of farming it- there will always be gold at 400-500k so nice try GM trying to blame the gold prices on large factions...GG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Frankie why not answer some of our concerns instead of worrying about he said she said? You know like Spoons would do. b:bye
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Unless you guys are thinking of changing the currency of PWI to Celestones, ya'll just fuxed up BIG TIME.

And you couldn't have done this, I don't know, BEFORE people bid on land? This massively bites man....did you ever consider all the factions who aren't so rich, and who need those 10 million coins a week? Or who were looking forward to it? I can totally see people trying to convince their factions now....

"Oh come on guys, if we win, we get....OMFGBBQWTF, Celestones! b:pleased"
    ".........Aw hell no."
    "lmao"
    "....what's a celestone?"
    -Bob has left the faction-
    -Susy has left the faction-
    -Ray has left the factiom-

This doesn't help much at all. Leader looses coins if we're outbid? Winner doesn't even really get a prize anymore? Most of the people who own land have massively refined gear anyway! It's like you guys are trying to make it harder to beat them!

New update: F
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    truekossy wrote: »
    Hi there, person who doesn't know what they're talking about.

:o ask anyone that played then.
  • LEFTSIDE - Lost City
    LEFTSIDE - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOLUMADGMS????
    also FREE SUSA!!!!
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Frankie why not answer some of our concerns instead of worrying about he said she said? You know like Spoons would do. b:bye

b:cry spoon
    Lost City FTW
  • Laylor - Heavens Tear
    Laylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Cool story.
    UMadGuys?
    Was fun till it lasted.
    see ya guys
  • UVF - Lost City
    UVF - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    pretty sure this is the worst idea since letting women vote.. jks.. but seriously i just logged on and half the guild wants to QUIT THE GAME after we kill everyone outside of safe zone.. great work GMS you just pissed off the main few hundreds of people who cash shop.. nice lack of income for you people now -.-
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So welcome to the non TW guild hell that i endure on a day to day basis. No cash hard to get certain things done cos im not running in all +10 gear cos i aint been paid billions a week in pixel cash.

Average TW pay for owning 1/2 the map: 3m coins
    Average spent on TW pots in one weekend 500k-1m
    Average Charm usage for 2 factor wars: 4 at 4 gold = 16 gold x 440k gold = 7m

Sorry, billions? Nice imagination. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Words like that aren't allowed against any forum goers.. but you only take action when it is against the GM/mods... why is that?

I could find a million and 1 threads where people bash eachother with such words, and those people are continually allowed to post.
  • EvilNeko - Lost City
    EvilNeko - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am thinking like this:

Charmless TW's = SEE REAL SKILL

^

Take what you have done with your gear and character and see how it can REALLY survive and not relie on a charm...could be fun tbh

Besides...the salary never paid for all of the charms, pots, def/attack charms etc

The money given to me in one week for TW = less then a 5th of what I can make in a day and thats on a BAD day

3mill in one week for war or 15mill + a day...I made 30mill last night in shop ijs

b:shockedbut your what 101 EP i love ya girl but i go charmless everyday almost and broke then **** HH mats worthless DQ's worthless anni packs are **** now 1st time they ther yeah they ok but repeat it and ya get mass of **** that the server didnt need to begin with. cant buy gold can sell nothing cuz NOONE WANTS IT. and 100+ get what narvana and get uncannies they what 560k each wow reall easy for 100+ to make money not for the low lvl to do it this game is going down hill b:angry yes im pissed about it!
This discussion has been closed.