[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Comments

• Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If pwi wants to bring gold back down to regular prices... why can't they put a cap such as 200k max (like our level at 105) on it?....

Don't tell me you can't because then GM armor/weapons cannot exist.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

1- 400-500k gold is not cause of guild owning tw.. it cause of hte stupid perfect hammer (chest of coins) then pak, then pak , then again pak oh wait more pak .......

2- time wont fix it , removing your error in the past year will

genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Bun$ - Archosaur
    Bun$ - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Q____Q when Arch server was made i CS'd herc ($200) and my nix ($200) just to reroll on a soon to be dead server GG pwi i feel the love
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

Let me ask you this

Are you stupid? I'm not trying to be mean or anything because I honestly believe that you are.

I have been playing this game since the start, GOLD NEVER GOES DOWN.

Read that again, NEVER, it only goes up.

more than a YEAR ago, I saw a GM say that gold prices were going to go down once the jolly jones event was over. Surprise surprise, he lied. And so are you.

AS LONG AS BEST LUCK TOKENS AND CHEST OF COINS CONTINUE TO EXIST IN THIS GAME THERE IS NO CHANCE OF GOLD GOING DOWN, AT ALL.

And you say this when you put out a TWELVE STAR DRAGON ORB PACK? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

As crazy as it seems, the community isn't full of complete idiots, granted there are many, but some of us can smell BS from a mile away, and it reeks up in this thread.

Either you are an idiot, or you think the community is, I'm thinking a little of both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    +9001 ._.

gj continuing to "patch" the game without ever fixing anything, and nearly always making things worse

Well for the record, it has went downhill ever since packs came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Circeia - Archosaur
    Circeia - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I read pages 1-18 and will read the rest after I post. Let me address this statement: "We are revamping the TW system to make it more competitive, and to make the rewards more exciting and unique." Yes, the Item is unique but mirages are a dime a dozen and therefore not exciting. Also, there will be LESS competition.

Why do people enjoy TW? I'll name a few...
    1) Bragging rights. When you own the map is shows you have an unbeatable faction, regardless of how you got there (CS or not). You get to show you're strong AND get some compensation on top of that.
    2) Fighting under the "toughest circumstances" because it's possibly 3 hours with maximum 160 on one land who have great gear, charms, apoth items etc.
    3) Because the TW in this game is different from the way it's done in many other games.

Problem with #1:
    If you're in the top faction on the server you don't need to declare anymore. It's up to the other factions to empty their pockets to even attempt to take the land. If people start losing their 500k+ funds a week it gets to the point they will stop trying. Archosaur server is currently dealing with very few factions declaring on say Narla or Impulse or Fatalis because they already don't want to pay and potentially lose money. I will repeat...people already don't want to pay if they could lose the money. How is dropping the funds by 90% going to improve the system?

Problem with #2:
    Non-CS people need those TW funds to help them prepare for tough TW. There are two outcomes from lacking funds. They will either grind to make the coins or will give up participating in war. Neither outcome puts money in PWI's pocket. If anything, helping them make the tw coin will give them an easier time purchasing gold from AH which continues to give goldsellers a reason to purchase gold in the first place...making that coin.
    CSers will continue to buy items for TW. But a game with all CSers is boring. I left my last game because of it.

Problem #3: Removing a unique aspect to this game. When you mess with a much loved part of a game you're going to lose customers. Bottom line. The only thing left really is PK and there's nothing unique about that in this game...

On a personal note...my only reason for leveling and working on getting gear, etc is because I want to be an asset to my faction in TW. If no one even has an incentive to declare on us I don't see the purpose of leveling. Which means I don't see any need to spend real life money on this game to try and level quickly. Sweet! I can take my time now and not worry about spending another cent in this game. b:victory

And to address the comment about lowering coin prices...
    As a gold seller I can tell you I've never sold anything less than 300k per gold. So if the hope of changing TW pay is that players make less money > players offer less money to purchase > Forces gold sellers to lower prices well that isn't going to fly for me. If gold prices drop below 400k I'm not likely to sell gold. Which means I won't purchase it from pwi. Which means if other gold sellers do like I do then there won't be any gold for players to even buy which doesn't solve anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Wife of MarsUltor, There's nothing better about the game than playing it next to my irl boyfriend. <3
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well the min bid has been lowered to 100k now. Keep in mind the land only gives 1M in mirages a week. Since the 2m is outbid and all bids are non refundable then thats 4m in coins that the land has consumed. Yay for coin sink!

Realistically we will see very few large bids and many more small ones.

true but really will the smaller guild chance it... to some 100k on a blind bid is alot cause they know the chance and liklyhood of getting out bid is pretty good... would be nice if this all works out but i dont think it will... tw and the pw isnt the problem... the packs and all the cash stuff are... walk throw west arch and look at the shops pk stuff everywhere... and dont forget the new packs that come out with the update! the packs are fun to click ive done my share but the coin floating is from them and the 10 mil notes not tw pay lol yes it might be a small isuess but the bigger is THE PACKS!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i think i like the change. So its a blind bid with a no-refund. TW pay wise it doesnt really affect the majority, if at all slowly starts to lvl out the factions. Sucks to rely on tw pay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DarkShadowI - Sanctuary
    DarkShadowI - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I am sorry to say, but PWI has just sunk their own ship,or shot themselves in the foot. Its sad but I see the end of the game coming fast now and PWI will die a slow and painful death. Its all fun and games for people under level 100, but one of the main reasons to still play PWI after 100 is for TW. TW costs coin to do, and its redicilous to expect us to sponsor TW by ourselves the whole time. The greedy developers wants us to put in our own coin the whole time which is redicilous. I feel sorry for the small factions. There is nothing to look forward to now. U can just own an territory and get mirages for it. Whats the fun in that? They developers keeps taking more and more stuff away from the free to play players. DQ mat prices, no 2X drops and now no more coin for TW. Its as if they are forcing us to go look for another game to play. Im sorry to say, but that is just what I am going to do... Peace!!
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well for the record, it has went downhill ever since packs came out.

In my opinion, it went downhill since the intense lag with the rubberband effect started by the genie update then followed by the perfect hammers for the chest of coins then anni packs, but yeah, mostly the packs lmao
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In the end, could we get an official statement from the GMs? Simply say : "Our bosses just want your money and don't care about this game." It's the obvious truth, and would prolly be enough to keep people quiet for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Indiri - Archosaur
    Indiri - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I the end, could we get an offical statement from the GMs? Simply say : "Our bosses just want your money and don't care about this game." It's the obvious truth, and would prolly be enough to keep people quiet for a while.

LOL. I want to see them admit that.

+1
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    There is still no reason for this - Ary
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Honestly this could have been better if the reward was decent, hell just make the reward dragon orbs, I think people won't mind.

But mirages? Are you ***** serious? Mirages are handed out like candy and are pretty much worthless.

Edit: @ aryanna, I've been posting in DeepSkyBlue for almost 2 years, don't pick now to suddenly have a problem with it, last I saw using color/size editing was allowed, b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    to ALL the idiots that say that it gives smaller guilds a chance thats ALOT of bs, sure im a lowbie guild and im gonna sneak atk Nef..pro
  • TriMydriasis - Harshlands
    TriMydriasis - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just no -.- Ary
  • NyKage - Lost City
    NyKage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    lol Edit My Posts More Gms, Just Butthurt That I Speak The Truth? You Guys Have No Power Over The Decisions So Just Go Ahead And Lord Your "power" Over My Posts. I'm Done Here. This Patch Is A Joke, The Gms Are A Joke, Pwe Is A ****ing Greedy Piece Of **** Whose Company Will Die Because Of This Congrats.

Bummmmmmpppp
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    we want gold to go down! brb putting 12 star orbs in

LOL
    Lost City FTW
  • IsisBlack - Lost City
    IsisBlack - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    **removed**

I agree with Susa. Don't ask an opinion just to edit the ones you don't like. Super fail. Obviously you have succeeded in pissing off all your clients. Soooo how's it feel to destroy your game for greed? I mean, I'm just wondering.

Edit: Not only are you pissing everyone off, they're losing their minds to the point where they don't even care if they get banned and trolling GMs just because you've angered them this badly.
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i love this new tw pay method b:victory get to see whose just in large guilds for the money and who can hold thier ground with tw when they wont be getting much in return. pw just got a whole lot better b:victory it'll be like old times when ppl had to work for thier gear b:cute
  • MysticRaine - Sanctuary
    MysticRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010

LOL

LOL I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one... but it really fells like that hu...
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okay, at first I saw this change and thought "What the freak?! No more coin pay out?" But, after reading some of the posts and thinking it over. I don't think its that bad. Those who weren't buying charms or funding TW expenses with TW land money and were already working for them won't see any change or be effected. Also, when people first started fighting over land they didn't have TW land money to use to fund:Bidding, catas, towers, etc they had to work for it. So all this does is bring us back to the days before people had land to sponge money off for those things. It is in a sense kind of like a new beginning. It forces people to find a plan B if they really want to not spend real cash on the game.

Now, secret bidding and definitely only being able to bid once could hurt the small factions that can't afford to spend their money wildly guessing each week what to bid on and how much. So that might need some rethinking.

Also, if you all are going to complain can you at least try and do it peacefully? I understand being angry but "you catch more flies with honey then you do with vinegar". And try to realize regardless of whether changes are needed or not your not always going to get what you want when you want it. And just because change doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean it can't or won't happen or that they don't care.

To the GMs and Devs
    Thank-you for doing what you do and for making and keeping this awesome MMO running, I know you guys work hard and will do your best to work this out^^
    I think this is a great MMO and you guys do what you can even though people complain at every turn. I applaud you for putting up with it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TriggerHappi - Lost City_1298963575
    edited August 2010
    u guys keep QQ'ing

just quit the damn game if u dont like the update

then if u guys are going to keep playin

then stop the QQs b:chuckleb:victoryb:thanks
  • hot4
    hot4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Give us higher chances of BEST TOKEN in pack, and for sure gold price will drop down fast.
    PACKS FOR THE WIN!
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Discuss.

Im mainly excited for rank 9. Could honestly give 2 ****s about the coin pay. The bidding system worries me "Guilds may only place a single bid". Wont that increase fake bidding? even if bidding is invisible someone in the enemy guild could catch wind of where they bid and just outbid them.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Damn, spent my gold on packs before the maint. Wish I read the news more carefully. Gold's going to be over 500k when server starts.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010

LOL

lol Sherae, sad but true.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • grimangel91
    grimangel91 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    u guys keep QQ'ing

just quit the damn game if u dont like the update

then if u guys are going to keep playin

then stop the QQs b:chuckleb:victoryb:thanks

+1 aika is kinda gud and HOTK keeps my attention go to www.mmohut.com they give gud reviews on the latest games out
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If you really wanted to make TW 'more competitive for the smaller guilds' ....you could, you know, remove the 3 attack per timeslot limit so everyone could get in a large gank or whatever. After all if you cant defend all the lands you own you probably dont deserve to hold them all. Which small guild would want to waste time/effort/coins to bid only to get wtfpwned in under 10 minutes?
  • Fortress - Raging Tide
    Fortress - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hot4 wrote: »
    Give us higher chances of BEST TOKEN in pack, and for sure gold price will drop down fast.
    PACKS FOR THE WIN!

GTFO.....

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The mistake in my Sig means no ones perfect...

I am Fortress, he who eats bunnies.
This discussion has been closed.