[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's there to discuss? Did you forget the Anni pack thread? 100+ pages discussed, and packs are still around. You all won't do a single damn thing, and EVERYONE already knows it.
    This.
    Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.

No offense, but.... your customers kinda have no faith in the company anymore. We haven't forgotten how many times we've had 50+ page "discussion threads" that pop up after thing were changed in a way that pretty much pissed off most of us. What happened to them all? Nothing was changed. All of them were then later on locked, destickied, and left for us to forget.

At this point in time, nobody really gives a damn about these because we all know one thing. Our voices, feelings, and opinions? They don't mean a thing and will be ignored. If a discussion thread that ran on for over 100 pages with everyone and their grandma saying that the change was bad and needed to be stopped was completely ignored and left to die, why do you really think any of us believe this will do anything? Especially when you add in the fact that there will be zero staff response in this thread that isn't one of the usual crowd control lines we've come to know and despise from having them fed to us so many times now.
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Again,not every faction strives to get TW land for simply money.For some of us its been a coin sink for so many months its not funny,and we still show up all charmed all apoth all ready to roll?

It depends how your faction is built and what people are used to.

TW Will Still be the Funnest Thing Around .Im used to farming for my charms everyweek:Maybe ya folks should try it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i think the changes good...

Go look at PW-MY-EN...

See how bad the economy is there.. there is so much coin in game, items are sold for crazy high prices... Gold for cash shop items, can only be bought via items from other players shouted in world shout.. at a price starting at 1.5m each...

It is an older server than any of PWI's... and u can see the drastic effects not having proper coin sinks have caused.

TW is pretty much dead there, fake bidding over-rules the map, with first bids of 200m coin...

So before everyone goes off pouting.. seriously... go check out PW-MY-EN and see how messed up that server is.

These changes will only help stabilize the economy, and keep the servers from dying in a year or two.

b:victoryb:victory

Let me add in:

Too many players rely on salary to support themselves in game. What happens however, is that the price of charms, mats, gears etc.. all start to go up-up-up... and what happens with salary? It stays the same.. and in the end.. the amount of salary you get, wont be very helpful to supporting your character at all... Thus making people quit, because.. they have no other source of income.. and can no longer afford the "day to day" things you need to play.

more coin in game... more inflation... the people that will be rich.. will be the people that dont rely on TW salary... the people that will be poor.. will be the TW salary suppored players.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.

What he meant is that it doesn't matter if we discuss it or not, the company you work for will ignore our concerns no matter how great they are. You made this thread just so all of our concerns could shoved into one thread to ignore, instead of several.
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How about you play without charms and make TW more competitive and fun .. Oh no way cuz you love to just sit on your chair and let your charm and your +11 gear do the work for you Right? Dont listen to these greedy people PW .. Changes are for the Best and the most Fair ..
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm probably leaving this game now due to the recent updates. Shame how I was just starting to have fun leveling a wiz for tw. Now I see no point in continuing if the reward of tw is rank9 for someone who probably cashshopped rank8. Lots of people are probably going to quit now, not just myself.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    1) The bidding process will no longer be announced: Awesome. Should at least help reduce fake bidding, even if it doesn't completely eliminate it. Also introduces some interesting strategic options.

2) Bids will no longer be refunded / The TW victor no longer receives any part of the winning bid: Not really a big deal, but the reasoning doesn't make a lot of sense. You already lose 10 or 20% (not sure which; I've heard both) of your bid, so fake bidding to make money off the refunds would be a pretty stupid plan.

3) Rewards for holding territories will no longer be coin-based: Awful. So now everyone in the guild gets 1 or 2 mirages a week? I can't wait. You might as well just not have any reward. This is like tipping a waitress a penny -- no tip and you aren't sure whether it was a mistake or a message. A 1 cent tip and you know for certain that you got screwed. Plus, as I pointed out elsewhere, this seems like yet another attempt to solve a problem that doesn't exist by creating even worse problems. Good job.

The change that I would most like to have seen was opening up the schedule to allow an unlimited number of simultaneous defenses, instead of a maximum of three. I wasn't optimistic about that happening, since I think I'm in the minority on this, but I really think that would improve things more than any of the things in this patch.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    This.

No offense, but.... your customers kinda have no faith in the company anymore. We haven't forgotten how many times we've had 50+ page "discussion threads" that pop up after thing were changed in a way that pretty much pissed off most of us. What happened to them all? Nothing was changed. All of them were then later on locked, destickied, and left for us to forget.

At this point in time, nobody really gives a damn about these because we all know one thing. Our voices, feelings, and opinions? They don't mean a thing and will be ignored. If a discussion thread that ran on for over 100 pages with everyone and their grandma saying that the change was bad and needed to be stopped was completely ignored and left to die, why do you really think any of us believe this will do anything? Especially when you add in the fact that there will be zero staff response in this thread that isn't one of the usual crowd control lines we've come to know and despise from having them fed to us so many times now.

Perfect Horns.
  • TrevaH - Raging Tide
    TrevaH - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this thread is stupid and this update is stupider the gm's here are morons bye bye 25% of games population u idiots gtfo and listen to ur players for once
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?

No. No "smaller faction" is going to waste cash it could be putting towards PvE funding when the odds are against them ever seeing that cash again. And larger factions are now cashed out from anni packs and their bastrd children, so it's not as though the larger factions that already own land would really need charms to compete against guilds small and stupid enough to waste money bidding on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bidding process sucks.

Pay system will likely get fewer no-name guilds bidding and upset the larger guilds on each server's guild stability. But hey, just sell the mirages and you've got a 1/10th your old income.... In the short run, it'll hurt the servers, in the long run it'll help gold prices etc. It would've been good if the servers had been started with this, but with it being a change while maintaining current territories, it's likely very destructive to players who rely on their "tw pay" to be able to tw.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i got some advice for frankie XD

You need to learn how to act afk XD just like when you guys changed 3 star decomp from mirage to chi stones, if u stay "afk" and let ppl QQ.. it will be over in timeb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Allow me to just quote my post:
    I have never TW'd. Ever. I had been considering joining a TW faction for fun, but for the most part I wanted to stay out of the huge drama and QQ fest that TW typically ended up being.

However, even with my lack of any TW experience, I can see how this is going to seriously **** the game over.

1) The new bidding system is the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen. Secret bids? You're basically asking every faction to make a guess at a good bidding price and hope that they get it right. What's worse is that you now can't be refunded on this money.

I appreciate you didn't code this, but do me and everybody else a favour: tell the devs they officially suck at finding solutions to this game's issues.

First it was decomposing your gear that was nerfed.
    Then it was DQ that was nerfed.
    Now it's TW that's been nerfed.

What's next? Mobs stop dropping coins altogether because god forbid a bot's farming monsters for coins?

2) Mirages for owning a land? Seriously. Rank IX gear I can understand, but mirages?

You understand that this is basically asking for people to bid anywhere up three, four times the amount of money they're going to get to fight for a land in the first place? Seriously?

The devs need a damned IQ test, because this is idiocy beyond their typical standard. I foresee a large number of factions dropping out of TW because of this change. Guess who else this screws over, by the way. It screws you as the company over, because you're about to see a substantial drop in the number of people charging zen. Who needs charms now? Hell, you've just brutally destroyed TW, I can even see people not bothering to refine their gear heavily any more because TW is no longer something they will be doing.

This change doesn't affect me. I can carry on playing like nothing much every really happened. But I really pity everybody else who this does effect, and I would like to congratulate the devs on proving what a bunch of morons they all are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ambition - Raging Tide
    Ambition - Raging Tide Posts: 1,152 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Again,not every faction strives to get TW land for simply money.For some of us its been a coin sink for so many months its not funny,and we still show up all charmed all apoth all ready to roll?

It depends how your faction is built and what people are used to.

TW Will Still be the Funnest Thing Around .Im used to farming for my charms everyweek:Maybe ya folks should try it too.

Sir, you're a cleric. You get what? 2nd pick in HH? As a mage, we can't farm money for our charms unless we do 5 a day. That's only if we're lucky. Usually, we'll end up with trash mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How is making tw give no reward going to encourage more people to do tw?

How many people are going to have rank 9 to make that a factor to actually bid?

How is not returning money from bids going to make lowbie guilds want to bid when the mirages they get probably wont even be enough to pay for their initial bid?

Competition....war is pointless now...no reason to hold map...
    Lost City FTW
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

what content update post? Where's the announcement?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Megalomania - Harshlands
    Megalomania - Harshlands Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This update ensured that I wont be spending a single penny on this game from now on.

Mirage stones for Territories? And not only that but in super crappy low bulks like 150-200. How the hell does this make up for the cost of TW wars?

Obviously a desperate move to get people to spend more on this game.

I'm not bothered getting my endgame gear anymore.

lol ok I'm just gonna go find another game or move to FW when it comes out. And hope to god they dont go as low as you guys have.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perfect Horns.

Lol. Something that didn't really profit the company was taken out after people asked it to be taken out. That doesn't mean anything next to some of the things PWE has pulled.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    At least reset the map when something major like this happens, sigh...
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perfect Horns.

And?

*allows next 500 posts to go ahead of me because mine will be edited for filter circumvintion and a **** load of other stuff* >->
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    awesome pwi is broken my firneds will leave menas i can quit ty pwi
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this thread is stupid and this update is stupider the gm's here are morons bye bye 25% of games population u idiots gtfo and listen to ur players for once

Our GMs are not responsible for content updates in this game. And perfect horns were stupid anyway, and probably didn't make PWE a red cent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Keep in mind that this did not come from PWI, it came from the Dev's in China and was known to be coming. b:surrender

I am sure the GM's here are not thrilled about all of this because of the mass amount of flaming, qq, hate, etc they may be getting.

are they forced to implement it? or do they have no free will?
    Lost City FTW
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Its been a long sinse I went with a full squad to TT to farm for coins.

Sell and split for gold mats:OR go with a veno buddy.

But if people are saying its not worth holding the map then ya,let whoever wants have the map and play around then.Put your mouth where your money is and let them have fun then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DW_Vane - Sanctuary
    DW_Vane - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOVE THE CHANGES!!! LOVE EM!! LOVE EM!!

Finally Some good Stuff!! Is like when you remove a ball of hair clugging your toilet :D!!
    5 pet skill slots TVM :: venos will $hare more oFc ;)
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Perfect Horns.
    That was making only 10% of the people that quit now quit. So if you really care about the game you should do all you can to redo the TW system because the population will drastically lower after people quit.

Yes a lot will, just log on servers and see world chat rage... which is 30% of the faction rage (since that costs no teles).

This was really the worst possible idea ever
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?

like large factions actually wear charms when lowbies attack

when lowbie factions attack the faction im in we have no formation (anyone can go) and nobody buys a charm
    Lost City FTW
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The fact that we saw this update comming, complained widely and still got ignored, is a perfect example as to how nothing will ever change. Devs just don't care about their players anymore. Maybe the devs will finally listen when they're **** **** broke cause no one on international bothers to play anymore. Your biggest shoppers did it for TW, and now that the incentives gone, you can kiss your money goodbye. GF devs, you still lose in the end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elayne - Lost City
    Elayne - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your recent TW changes remove the benefit of owning land. I know for a major TW faction we spend huge amounts of money both in-game coin and ZEN for our wars each week. You want to remove the reward which makes all of that worthwhile and you think we'll continue to do TW? You've got to be kidding.

You destroyed World PK with the implementation of Bounty Hunters which removed the need for people to grind on the world map. Okay, we lived with this. But Mirage Stones as a reward for TW? 150 Mirages for a level 3 land...that's what 3 BH rewards? Let's see I can do 1 BH everyday so that's 7/week. That's a potential 350 mirages from BH and I get 150/200/300 for 1 land each week. You have no sense of what actually goes on in this game.

Personally, I am sick and tired of changes being implemented on this game with no thought on how it impacts the dynamic of how the game works. Just because the Chinese servers are messed up doesn't mean you have to break what is working here. Yes, TW has its problems with people who fake bid, but overall the system worked and it was worthwhile to invest time and money into it. Your recent change is going to destroy this.

If you think smaller factions will TW because of these changes you're sadly mistaken as well. Smaller factions will be hurt by this more than the larger factions will. Larger factions can afford to TW without charms and still destroy the smaller factions. The poor will get poorer and your server will die. You *may* recover as the people who currently don't do TW get into it, but you will lose a HUGE portion of your cash shopping core who pay for this server.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GG PWE 80% of your player base quits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.