[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

Use this thread to share your thoughts on the recent TW changes.

Please keep it civil so we can get a good discussion going.

Thanks!

*Update*

Greetings,

Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that this is a drastic change to the Territory War system. However we believe that in time, things will shape up in PWI for the better. Something I'd like to mention since nobody has yet brought it up: There is one constant complaint that the economy is becoming inflated with coins. So much in fact that you can't purchase 1 Gold without paying 400-500K worth of coins. A big reason for this is that large powerful guilds have been sitting on their property and collecting a fat paycheck every week without doing anything. Since they are the ones that can afford the high priced Gold, the Gold being sold at 400K is still being bought, and prices remained.

With this source of income gone, we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will.

That's not to say that we don't have any power to change this system, or that this system is not going to be tweaked with. Over the next couple of weeks we will be monitoring TW activities, as well as the economy to see what kind of affect this change has in these two areas.

Thanks again for your passionate responses. It truly shows the love you players have for PWI.

-Kantorek
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's there to discuss? Did you forget the Anni pack thread? 100+ pages discussed, and packs are still around. You all won't do a single damn thing, and EVERYONE already knows it. Oh and sorry completely forgot (My bad Mr. GM) - The Duke shouts are still here, and no DQ drop compensation.

Again for the 4th time: Take your company, and pass the ownership to someone who actually gives a damn about the player. Until then: Morons.

Kthxbai
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's there to discuss? Did you forget the Anni pack thread? 100+ pages discussed, and packs are still around. You all won't do a single damn thing, and EVERYONE already knows it.

I super agree with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Absolute fail
    Mirage pay? meh w.e :P
    Bidding system? how lame on so many levels..
    No refunds? LOL at Monof ^^
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Amazing Update.

9Jun incoming!!

oh and Lazy people...

LOLUMAD
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I super agree with this.

agreed as well.
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What's there to discuss? Did you forget the Anni pack thread? 100+ pages discussed, and packs are still around. You all won't do a single damn thing, and EVERYONE already knows it.

Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Predicted...this was coming...CN announced it in June and it was on their forums then came here.

TBH...will change the ppl who TW but *shrugs*

PPL are going to QQ about this for a LONG time...some depend on TW $$ for their charms and such. Those that don't depend on it it is nothing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You guys just killed tw for the 60% populace of people that did tw for fun and relied on pay for charm/apo/hpfood/etc.
    Way to improve pwi.
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wraithkiller69
    wraithkiller69 Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.

AND so did anni packs, but they still come out every month but under a new name.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

:( +1

I don't even TW, and I think this change is kind of ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    What is there to discuss? PWE just killed the only reason most 100+ play this game anymore. Whos gonna fund war bidding now? whos gonna pay for charms, cata scrolls, apothecary, and repairs? Please enlighten me as to what the point in this was? Rank 9? Well hot damn lets just spend another $1000 to get from 8 to 9! I suppose this wil;l be just like DQ though, and we will be told were getting "compensation" thats never going to come.

I have never been more dissapointed in the way PWE makes updates. This update completely ignores the the players and goes straight to the devs pockets. They finally got what they want, they broke the game for their own greed. Well PWE it was fun while it lasted but all thats left is for the game to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, Frankie,

This topic won't be discussed it'll be flamed to hell. This is because everybody already knows that you guys can't do anything to help us and none of us are able to go to China to get the China devs to do something for us U.S. players and not their damn CN base :/

So.....*flame shield up and I walk out* Good Luck.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People are starting to not really care anymore. Nobody will buy charms, many people won't even tw. The changes keep smaller factions from bidding on larger ones. It also keeps larger ones from having the incentive to be charmed or even participate.

Sorry, this is probably one of the most fail moves that PW devs have actually done for a while.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Keep in mind that this did not come from PWI, it came from the Dev's in China and was known to be coming. b:surrender

I am sure the GM's here are not thrilled about all of this because of the mass amount of flaming, qq, hate, etc they may be getting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Atleast this change makes it so no more of the dang greedy just for money TW'er:Adios:Out the door.

Those who only TW for money always bugged me,good for nothing greedy buggers. You dont care at all for the faction your in or anything of the faction:Just money. SO adios to those people. TW will still be the funnest thing around to do,so who cares,get farming,get grinding,and nuff said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like how we were supposed to get 'compensation' for DQ prices going down. Now TW pay is completely worthless. So how are PWIers supposed to get coin now?

400k+ for 1 gold now days... How is anyone supposed to buy charms or anything with coin now?

Tons of coinholes were established to try and bring prices down, now you're just taking coin straight out of the game... GREAT idea!
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options
    After next patch : Private PW server > PWI Ijs.
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

+1.

TW is now dead. That's all there is to it. There's nothing to discuss because nothing will change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Look... there s nothing to talk about really.. what we say will be usless anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I already posted on the other Thread but .. I'll do it here and my opinion on the changes is just. . +1 PW!! First time I see a change to encourage the Fun .. rather than the Greed of the players.. So I applaud!!b:cute .. Because that's what a game should be all about!
  • frankieraye
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The changes keep smaller factions from bidding on larger ones. It also keeps larger ones from having the incentive to be charmed or even participate.

If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?
    edited August 2010
    Options

So did Anni packs. Then your company made new packs just the same as Anni packs, but called differently. I have nothing against you Frankie - Just you company, who lacks the ability to run a online MMO company.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If larger factions decide not to use charms or even participate, doesn't it actually make it more likely for smaller factions to bid on their land?

you just killed TW, eat some humble pie much?

as above, its not your fault but you damn well need to do everything in your power to get this system gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i like how it says " with less opportunity for exploitation" buttttttt well just add in a chance to get one super rare item that everyone will want wtf is that? hypocrite 110%!

beyond ya tw just eneded for high lvls, bye bye cash shoppers, hello lower lvls trying it for a few months? then bye bye pwi wewt! i can finally stop playing this damn game
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Options

The reward isn't worth the effort/Money or fun( Since it will probably be an empty instance.)
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well, one thing i can look forward to: Charmless TWs :D
  • BlindClarity - Raging Tide
    BlindClarity - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Bad idea.
    80 percent of TW charms are paid with faction pay.
    And 65 percent of people join a faction for tw pay.
    Thanks but unless changes are done stick a fork in you, your done.
    I got more bang, than a world boss baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

ya they will try for a bit, then see the same thing the high lvls did just a little while before them and leave too. they just set the ship to death out of port
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    mirages as tw pay... *** *** ****.... it can never cover the costs for example barbs.. even the current money system doesnt cover the costs for most of them.. its gonna make barbs quit playing tw.. it **** alot.. and it will kick the mirage market price to 10k... most ppl rely on the pay for their charm/apo/pots/repair and also for the cata scrolls/tower building but with the mirages its gonna make the pay to like 10% of its current amount.. for enrage as example it will be like 4900 mirages a week now tell me how can a barb as example fund most of his costs for pulling cata out like 200k~400k ? its gonna make tw unpopulair for clases that cost alot and for ppl that cant bring up most of the money theirself. imo its just another way to try and get ppl to use $$$ on this game.

it wont improve tw it will destroy tw

*edit*

o and rank 9 thats a damn laugh only worth for those that bought their rank 8 wich aint many..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options

Not really. As a faction leader, I know I will now place huge bids (5-10m+) on lands so I won't get overbid and loose everything. Smaller factions don't have those kinds of funds.
This discussion has been closed.