Clerical Protest

Options

Comments

• zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well there are DD's that dont need a stupid cleric to Stay alive , and im one of them, so If I steal agro that means '' everyone step aside this is going too slow i'll take care of fking business'' .. in other words : '' I dont need you... get off my face NOW!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    zelts wrote: »
    Well there are DD's that dont need a stupid cleric to Stay alive , and im one of them, so If I steal agro that means '' everyone step aside this is going too slow i'll take care of fking business'' .. in other words : '' I dont need you... get off my face NOW!

I doubt that...no offense Magic_Seeker, but even level 95 Psy's need heals. You cannot do everything...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    zelts wrote: »

Slow and steady wins the race =o...

...Unless you know how to keep yourself alive and kicking. I'm not going to abide by the "rules" set by clerics and tank when I know I am capable of taking care of what needs to be done without much risk.

Like stated before, there is nothing wrong with letting a DD tank if they are more than capable of tanking. Who are you to keep from healing said archer/sin/BM/wiz/veno/psy that can possibly tank that mob and do a better dmg than the barbie? Pride much.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LoL, this is my alt. I have a veno main. I know the dynamics just hate how the cleric needs to deal with situations in a party that goes out of hand. It's just SAD that there's already so many threads about this and nothing changes and I DO hope for a change coz that's gonna suck for all the clerics out there.

It's just so SAD how so many have people have come back and told you your own issues (I.E. If the DD can tank and the DD happens to steal, let the DD tank. It's faster, the barb can also go all out and DD as much as possible, everybody is happy) yet you have totally ignored them and continue to

"QQ clerics have it so bad"

You know, t'is the clerics like you that tend to cause fails because you don't watch the radar (which everybody should do) and because you think only a barbarian can tank, apparently, and you will heal nobody else on this basis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Depends on situation. Sometimes, BB is cheaper than even spamming IB, when inside an AoE and constantly considered in battle. Also, the half damage has two effects essentially; doubles spike survival of the party, and doubles their healing. The healing BB does isn't such a big deal. But when people can use healing food and BP healing with double effect, it is insanely sweet. That kind of benefit will far and away outdo the healing of IB spam when the tank can deal large amounts of damage at higher refines.

I said 10% useful. I use it more often though as a pacifier.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    Finria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It's just so SAD how so many have people have come back and told you your own issues (I.E. If the DD can tank and the DD happens to steal, let the DD tank. It's faster, the barb can also go all out and DD as much as possible, everybody is happy) yet you have totally ignored them and continue to

"QQ clerics have it so bad"

You know, t'is the clerics like you that tend to cause fails because you don't watch the radar (which everybody should do) and because you think only a barbarian can tank, apparently, and you will heal nobody else on this basis.

yes, I admit I needed to watch the radar. But apart from that NO I do NOT fail my parties or cause fail. I have worked with many higher level clerics that are 80-90 and they have no problems with me. I work with them to become better and learn off them. I tell them my problems and they have it too, and all of them said its not my fault nor do I have to deal with these problems.

"If there isn't a sensible tank, get out of that party."
    "Tell them you're only going to focus on the tank otherwise let them die if they purposely wanna steal aggro."
    "If you die, they die. So don't even start healing if they don't maintain aggro."

Barbs are the main tanks, nukers can tank but tank like 2-3 hits? then bye. Its good to be able to be flexible but for the bigger picture, the tank should only be the one tank. purposely stealing aggro is just asking for a self kill.

They even called you lot machos and idiots for being inconsiderate of a cleric. Yes, we clerics DO HAVE IT BAD.

Would also be the reason why its hard to get clerics because of them.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yes, I admit I needed to watch the radar. But apart from that NO I do NOT fail my parties or cause fail. I have worked with many higher level clerics that are 80-90 and they have no problems with me. I work with them to become better and learn off them. I tell them my problems and they have it too, and all of them said its not my fault nor do I have to deal with these problems.

"Tell them you're only going to focus on the tank otherwise let them die."
    "If you die, they die. So don't even start healing if they don't maintain aggro."

Barbs are the main tanks, nukers can tank but tank like 2-3 hits? then bye. Its good to be able to be flexible but for the bigger picture, the tank should only be the one tank. purposely stealing aggro is just asking for a self kill.

They even called you lot machos and idiots for being inconsiderate of a cleric. Yes, we clerics DO HAVE IT BAD.

Good grief, girl. Your class is not God. You get just as much respect as the rest of us.

Adapt to the situation or die. Barbs are the main tanks because of HP, but if someone else can do it and it gets done faster and everyone can go all out and get out of the dungeon efficiency without any real cost, then **** and heal that person. Inconsiderate? I've never heard of squads being flat out rude to their healer, and if so, then don't squad with them.

But for the love of the rest of us, don't pretend that you have it harder than any other class.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Put it in the General Discussion and you'll find it flamed to the death of it b:surrender

Made some pretty good points though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Good grief, girl. Your class is not God. You get just as much respect as the rest of us.

Adapt to the situation or die. Barbs are the main tanks because of HP, but if someone else can do it and it gets done faster and everyone can go all out and get out of the dungeon efficiency without any real cost, then **** and heal that person. Inconsiderate? I've never heard of squads being flat out rude to their healer, and if so, then don't squad with them.

But for the love of the rest of us, don't pretend that you have it harder than any other class.

For some reason, people enjoy calling one's class wanting to be a God. Standing for their class, or speaking for their class or even just speaking about their difficulties would seem to initiate players calling them a God-wanna-be, its hilarious. Got that on my HA veno and now on a squishy cleric lol. I wonder how many gods there are out there.

I wrote the thread not because I failed in my parties and want to flame about it, but its because I worked my **** off to get it to run smooth and had to go through alot of ups and downs and I don't think its needed to make a party to run smooth. I adapt to the situation, but I don't die. I barely die because I know what I'm doing and know how to save myself from a bad squad. You don't need to be flat rude to a healer to be inconsiderate either, by the way. You're a real idiot if you wanna be flat rude to a healer.

Put it in the General Discussion and you'll find it flamed to the death of it b:surrender

Made some pretty good points though

My point of the thread was to really put my point across, if its not read then there's not much point. I already knew people would flame about it, because there are far too many of them that don't care and think they are right. Might even shows how ignorant some players are.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    For some reason, people enjoy calling one's class wanting to be a God. Standing for their class, or speaking for their class or even just speaking about their difficulties would seem to initiate players calling them a God-wanna-be, its hilarious. Got that on my HA veno and now on a squishy cleric lol. I wonder how many gods there are out there.

Fair enough. All classes have it hard in their own special way. Not one class has something that completely outshines the other, and all of the difficulties that come with that class should be acknowledged and considered when squading with someone.

Be more considerate to the one healing you.

Be more aware of the damage dealers in the squad, things do happen.

Tank make sure to properly hold agro, if not, then it is okay to remind people of your agro-loss. Maybe they need to be aware of the difficulty you are having holding agro.

If a DD can tank, let them tank. If anything, it would make the run easier. It absolutely sucks having to nerf damage on bosses where it isn't really necessary.

Don't squad with idiots, and if you see one in your squad, kick them.

Done? Got it? Things happen, but that doesn't mean clerics are being abused. We all have our shortcomings, and we all have the things that makes us shine.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, we clerics DO HAVE IT BAD.

No, we don't.

Good grief, girl. Your class is not God.

Yes, it is.
  • MrChrist - Heavens Tear
    MrChrist - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, it is.

+1.
    If you see this message, it means there is something Jesus-related and I am trolling it.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd make a thread about noob clerics since I have some "funny" situations of them as well but... too lazy <.<
    3) For the record, if an archer steals aggro but can tank whatever they steal, just heal the archer. Seriously.

If a DD steals and can tank what they steal just heal the DD. I love how you're all "barbs are gods and are tanks and I will not heal you DDs if you steal" but you don't consider the fact that maybe some barbs should stop competing for aggro back if a DD is doing a just fine job at tanking.

It's not always the fault of a DD, GTFO with your idea that it is.
    QFT

Especially when I SAY before the boss that I will tank. What's the damn point of nerfing my damage and making it longer when I can tank the boss just fine? Even better, barb could go human form for extra damage. But noooo, barb and cleric were those "noob" types who can't think for themselves and be creative and only learned by rote that a barb ALWAYS tanks. Obviously that barb also tried to get my aggro a few times but it was going back to me in few seconds.

I told you I will tank before the fight. Jeez. Thanks for making me waste crab meat because of no heals until they finally got it lol
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • medea65
    medea65 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I am really getting enough of the 'clerics are gods' posts... I am a cleric, and I don't think I am god, or playing games with others hp... I don't do that. I do my best with every party, I live and learn, as do the others, mostly. I have come across really stupid people, but I'm one of those that don't ***** and try to cover for them if I can, if I can't well, I res them before the boss and make note of them. We are in a symbiotic relationship with every other class in the game.... time we came to realize it, I think

first post ftw
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No ones a God. b:bye
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No, we don't.

you'd have it bad if your squad is bad. If not, no we dont have it bad.

Yes, it is.

No class is a God :)
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ai... why are there so many of these threads around? But then again, the number of people who complain might mean something... b:surrender
  • $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver
    $exyAlexis - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Been playing cleric for quite a bit, there are some things people need to get their minds across.

1. There is nothing wrong with a cleric to NOT heal you if you don't hold all the mob's aggro. If you choose to run into a group of mobs, it would mean you will attack all the mobs to get their aggro onto you. It attacks you doesn't mean its gonna stay on you. Hence why there's heal aggro, and if you only attack 1 mob out of the 10 then sorry, there's no smart cleric gonna heal you because the 9 of them will get the cleric killed. So, learn to use your damn aoe.

This I agree with 100%.
    Especially when a Hyper - Noob Sin does this and then tells me being a Noob cause his lvl is so much higher.
    Ppl these days don't know anything about heal aggro and QQ like stupid 11 years old without knowing basic game mechanics
    I am:
    VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
    LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
    VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
    $exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
    $exyAIexis Lvl 100 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok i didnt read the entire post or most the comments but what i did get is that this is a whole "its the DDs fault that the tank lost agro DD stop doing so much DD QQ rant". Ok so im a DD know what i do... you guessed it i do dmg wtf am i suppost to do if i cant do my job just sit there looking pretty in my toga?... Maybe i should walk around handing out free pots and cookies too.

If you dont want to risk a DD pulling agro in your squad 1. squad with lowbie DDs, 2. get a higher lvl tank, 3. you and the barb go duo the boss and see how long it takes you

(sorry for the rant but i realy hate the whole its always the DDs fault cuz they do their job -_-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    @ OP

What an interesting thread, started by a cleric whose main is a veno. What level your veno again?

Just curious and not wanting to criticize, but a possibility: has it occured to you that maybe you are playing your cleric the way you're playing your veno? The veno's main concern is to heal their pets, that is the first condition to a veno's survival. So, as a cleric, you focus on the barb, with the veno mentality.

It's not always easy to switch from melee gameplaying habits to pure magic ones. At least, as a cleric, you are free (as in independant from pet), and the gameplay is a lot more versatile and a bit more complex. Just view the whole squad as your "pets" if you like. Most times, the barb tanks, but with the new races, now 'sins and psy's can also tank pretty decently (psy's at magic bosses) and even archers, so maybe it's a question of adapting, as the pros here have advised.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes tho (although I do walk in them a lot these days), as all classes can reach your level (and mine) in no time with bh quests, oracles and hypers. They haven't really learned how to really play their classes, haven't levelled all their skills,their culti is pretty well neglected and their gear/weapon is not always what it should be, leaving them weaker than the old-timers were at that level and making your job a little harder.

It's been advised (in the proper forums) that dd'ers (esp the new ones ie psy's) should learn to bid their time before attacking bosses, and use their lesser skills so as not to steal aggro and endanger the squad. I wish everyone would learn to do that. But, at your level, everyone is still learning, including you and don't worry, if you can adapt to all situations, you'll be a very fine cleric. Just remember, life for a cleric starts at 90 (hehe, from my own experience. I still level the old way, staying away from BH's as much as possible).

On a final note, I think you are courageous to have rolled a cleric, after the good life enjoyed with the veno. I too have a (old - lev 50) veno, but I found it way too easy, I do prefer the cleric -- and the psychic -- for all their versatility.

And yes, carry a rez scroll at all times.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'd make a thread about noob clerics since I have some "funny" situations of them as well but... too lazy <.<QFT

Especially when I SAY before the boss that I will tank. What's the damn point of nerfing my damage and making it longer when I can tank the boss just fine? Even better, barb could go human form for extra damage. But noooo, barb and cleric were those "noob" types who can't think for themselves and be creative and only learned by rote that a barb ALWAYS tanks. Obviously that barb also tried to get my aggro a few times but it was going back to me in few seconds.

I told you I will tank before the fight. Jeez. Thanks for making me waste crab meat because of no heals until they finally got it lol

I know your pain b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options

"Tell them you're only going to focus on the tank otherwise let them die if they purposely wanna steal aggro."

I'll say it again.

Right now, you are a failure cleric? Why?

Because of all the clerics in the world you are refusing to adapt to a situation. The squad does not and should never have to watch their radar 24/7 for you because you're so busy healing and do you know why? Because the squad has their own jobs, too. In a competent squad:

if there's a barb or BM tank, he's making sure he still has his aggro and is slacking off like some stupid piece of ****.
    DDs are watching their own radar for themselves because they can't necessarily take a large amount of hits and they're also watching for any stray mobs the main tanker may have accidentally missed. This means they're already looking out for you because the instant you take heal aggro if the main tank did miss a monster they should be on that mob in seconds.

Yet you are here complaining to a bunch of competent forum goers that your life is so bad, and that you shouldn't have to watch the radar, and that only a barbarian should tank? No. This is the reason why you fail; it's your attitude. And if you are as whiny and as demanding in squads I can see why people aren't giving a **** if they make your life harder.

If a DD can tank, let them. Do you know what? If they die in four hits without heals and pots imagine what they could do if you actually did your damn job and healed them.
    Barbarians are not called tanks. They are called barbarians. Any class can tank. You just don't like because DDs don't have the same HP pool and this to me SCREAMS OF INCOMPETENCE ON YOUR PART. It screams of incompetence because you're unwilling to heal somebody who could easily tank if you bothered to do your own job with the argument they have a "lower HP" pool. This makes me wonder if you have bothered to learn about timing, because any good cleric worth their salt can easily heal a DD who is able to tank something. It screams of incompetence and screams of "I want to be lazy and only heal the guy with a lot of HP"

A word of advice: make sure you can do your own job and do it properly before you come here and tell everybody else they are doing their job wrong. This level of hypocrisy is making you look very, very bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    0.0 Finria you my friend have just got served.... remind me to never make Airyll mad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    0.0 Finria you my friend have just got served.... remind me to never make Airyll mad

My dear, that's just me when I'm bluntly stating facts that people either haven't comprehended out of stupidity or refuse to accept to be true.

That's not anywhere near mad. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    >_> -runs and hides in nearest closed instance-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ._. Surely it's not all that bad? =<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    umm a mad chick is bad enough a mad chick with a bow hell no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Umm if you know you are going to get aggro by healing someone, you can take counter measures. Give yourself a Plume Shell, stack IH's on yourself before the mobs reach you until other players notice that you are in trouble. If it's only one mob shoot it with a Chromatic Seal and you can have a sip of water while waiting for someone to hit it. Heck, you can even run around the field like a drunk jock with Holy Path. Isn't that why most Cleric get it on their genie? Seriously, this game's mob mechanic so friendly and predictable. I don't know what you are complaining about.

Also, I don't see what the problem with aggro stealing is. Most of the times when I'm on my Cleric and a BM or Sin steals aggro, I just tell the Barb to stop trying to get the aggro and go DD in human form (unless a squishy melee (Sins) steals aggro in BH69, at which case he'd probably get one shot so there's nothing you could do about it). I won't accept Barb tanking just because he's THE tank class. If there is someone else who can tank by just going full out brute force, it's easier to keep focus and saves me mana in a long run because the party isn't just poking the boss around.

It's really not that hard to switch healing target if you have half decent reflex. Position yourself so you can see the boss clearly and heal whoever he is facing. Then you can start healing them before their HP bars start to drop. I mean seriously, Clerics aren't free HP pots for Barbs. If you can only heal when there is a definitive tank in the squad, then maybe you should really consider practicing more.

On that note, I'd like to give a shout out to Mr.Paramedic, I think he is one of the best Clerics in DW. b:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    On that note, I'd like to give a shout out to Mr.Paramedic, I think he is one of the best Clerics in DW. b:victory

Until he forgets to do something, which he's done with me before. >.> I mean seriously, the best cleric would not forget to throw a heal on somebody! Para is a failure. Epic failure. He even forgot to give me my hug yesterday before I logged and I had to remind him. Maybe it's part of being elderly.

[For those of you who don't know, me and Para are good friends, so **** and GTFO before you flame me for teasing him like I always do. It's a mutual thing.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    =D

@Ranfa

thx for all love, but that was just one bh we squaded and i dont think i do much more than other clerics do b:shy

@Airly

but i can be good when i dont fail - right? D=
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282