Clerical Protest

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    @Airly

but i can be good when i dont fail - right? D=

Good when you don't fail? But of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Good when you don't fail? But of course.

and you got that hug in the end >.<
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This was an awesome thread, then it degenerated into a cutsie hug fest b:sad
    edited July 2010
    you are just jealous that you dont get hugs from stranger girls =P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Paramedic is pretty good but he calls me nub a lot of the time.

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Only point that I have an issue with is "The cleric might not be ready to heal" ... Did the cleric say brb? Did the cleric let us know they was doing something that would result in them not healing us? If I run clearing mobs through a dungeon and we get to the boss I expect that the cleric is ready unless they have told us in squad chat, Communication works two ways dont expect people to be mind readers.

It would be like me getting to a risky area of an instance letting people lure then deciding I am not ready to pull agro.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Paramedic is pretty good but he calls me nub a lot of the time.

b:cry

So....are you a nub though? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    So....are you a nub though? O.o

I guess if Para says I am, then I am.... b:cry

PS: Hi Reds.

PPS: WTB> RedsRoseTTMatsfromupcoming2xdropsTransferStone.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Why did you roll a cleric if you want the pressure? Shut up about it. If you dont want to heal the squad. If you dont want to always have to res. REROLL ANOTHER CHARACTER. I stopped reading after the 2nd reason. Its not the DDs fault, its their class. Its YOUR class to heal and support the tank so everything gets done. Even if the DDs get aggro, heal them. You should be ready to. Its what a good cleric does. And yes I had a cleric, so dont talk to me like I dont know what im saying.

EDIT: Aww sht, this thread turned into off topic. Great <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I guess if Para says I am, then I am.... b:cry

PS: Hi Reds.

PPS: WTB> RedsRoseTTMatsfromupcoming2xdropsTransferStone.....

Its gonna be a longgggg weekend....but I expect some good $$ b:cute

PS --> I would cross servers to help if could b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Its gonna be a longgggg weekend....but I expect some good $$ b:cute

PS --> I would cross servers to help if could b:surrender

Good luck with that Reds. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Good luck with that Reds. b:victory

TY!!

Gonna need it -.-

b:cry I should have rolled a different class :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2010
    meh

u chill, are one of those rare DDs who -for example- have ambition to not die on belial

so actually- u arent too nub

tho, dont expect much from me when i see u kissing lava again. b:chuckle

@all

stop bashing that poor BH lowbie

edited July 2010
    meh

u chill, are one of those rare DDs who -for example- have ambition to not die on belial

so actually- u arent too nub

tho, dont expect much from me when i see u kissing lava again. b:chuckle

@all

stop bashing that poor BH lowbie

Its not..Just her..
    People let a ****** Cleric Strike at west arch gates yesterday! Like 30 clerics showed up D: xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Its not..Just her..
    People let a ****** Cleric Strike at west arch gates yesterday! Like 30 clerics showed up D: xD

LMFAO!!

Shows you how much time ppl have on their hands b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The life of a cleric <3 gotta love it.

I've learned I'm in charge of my game play. I heal and buff and rez if I want to. If someone isn't respecting me I will not heal/buff/rez. If someone doesn't appreciate my healing skills than I wont give it. I can either be a nice cleric or a not so nice cleric. Simple as that.

I usually try my best at my job, but their will be mistakes, and I wont be the first cleric to have made a mistake.
    edited July 2010
    lol

well im not surpised tbh xD

when u go to fb99 with barb, bm and sin and they all start to fight over aggro it becomes messy

prob with those ppl is that they think they are still in bh59 (just like month ago?) so they fail to realise that every aggro switch = interupting AoE

ofc ping-pong game absorbs them so much that they dont bother to cancel it

or +10 archer who decide to tank boss ranged while everyone are between him and boss

and when they whine about charm ticks you either stop healing them completely or go to West Arch Cleric Strike xD

edited July 2010
    lol

well im not surpised tbh xD

when u go to fb99 with barb, bm and sin and they all start to fight over aggro it becomes messy

prob with those ppl is that they think they are still in bh59 (just like month ago?) so they fail to realise that every aggro switch = interupting AoE

ofc ping-pong game absorbs them so much that they dont bother to cancel it

or +10 archer who decide to tank boss ranged while everyone are between him and boss

and when they whine about charm ticks you either stop healing them completely or go to West Arch Cleric Strike xD

This XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Everytime i log on forum i see clerics protests all over. Yall people need to learn to use search not to start so many wall of texts and yeah... i think most of the clerics knows those things and been told soooo many timessssssssssssss and even tho people say they * care about the cleric in their squad and blah blah* but when they squad with cleric they dont show it up at all so i don't think this thread will change anything. b:bye
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Everytime i log on forum i see clerics protests all over. Yall people need to learn to use search not to start so many wall of texts and yeah... i think most of the clerics knows those things and been told soooo many timessssssssssssss and even tho people say they * care about the cleric in their squad and blah blah* but when they squad with cleric they dont show it up at all so i don't think this thread will change anything. b:bye

Funny thing:

If you* clerics who tend to do the whining and didn't squad with the asshats, kicked the asshats from the squad or didn't heal the asshats, then the asshats wouldn't get to squad with clerics.

You know the people who say they care about the clerics they work with on this forum? You have to assume they're telling the truth otherwise they would be labelled an **** and clerics wouldn't work with them in the first place.

Let's hope this sinks in, shall we?

*general you, directed at nobody in particular
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Funny thing:

If you* clerics who tend to do the whining and didn't squad with the asshats, kicked the asshats from the squad or didn't heal the asshats, then the asshats wouldn't get to squad with clerics.

You know the people who say they care about the clerics they work with on this forum? You have to assume they're telling the truth otherwise they would be labelled an **** and clerics wouldn't work with them in the first place.

Let's hope this sinks in, shall we?

*general you, directed at nobody in particular

+1. I don't complain about "being a cleric" because I don't "squad with morons."
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Been playing cleric for quite a bit, there are some things people need to get their minds across.

1. There is nothing wrong with a cleric to NOT heal you if you don't hold all the mob's aggro. If you choose to run into a group of mobs, it would mean you will attack all the mobs to get their aggro onto you. It attacks you doesn't mean its gonna stay on you. Hence why there's heal aggro, and if you only attack 1 mob out of the 10 then sorry, there's no smart cleric gonna heal you because the 9 of them will get the cleric killed. So, learn to use your damn aoe.

2. Nukers; ie. Assassins, Psychics and Archers (barely seen a wiz do this) please don't try to show off your damage or your crit, because tht's not at all cool. You make the tank lose aggro and the boss lands on you. What's next? you're dead. Ok say you're not dead coz the nice cleric healed you. Another nuker would want to take that mob off you. Then it goes to nuker no.2. You'd see the tank (barb) running around in circles to get the mob off you damn nukers and 90% of the time its a party wipe. A party wipe because you wanna spam your skills? yes its good to DD and make the run fast but please, be considerate to the tank AND the clerics. The cleric would only want to heal up to 1 to 2 tanks at a time, not a couple of nukers throwing the boss around like tossing a volleyball.

3. Fish parties - a party of 4 nukers i.e. tideborns and archer + 1 BM with 2 clerics ; hmmm. Would you start your bh/fb with that party? if you will, then you're an idiot. Unless the level difference between the nukers and the BM is huge. Before you even make a party you'd realize what an archer would do, what a nuker would do. Archers ALWAYS steals aggro and I mean that its ALWAYS. Assassins do the same, psychics do the same. I tell my party this aint gonna work and I aint gonna heal every single person because that's not possible if the mob 2 hits you. You'd visual ther's alot of reviving and dying. That isn't needed. Alot of mob tossing, one nuker to the other nuker.

4. You're ready does NOT mean the cleric is ready. Don't just charge into the boss or the mobs coz you know you have a cleric in party and that this cleric will definitely heal you. Yes, clerics there to heal you, but when they can reach you. Clerics run slow and also have a heal range. If you trot off to the boss without making sure the cleric was ready then you're pretty dumb. Risk of party wipe, risk of dying and failing as a tank. Tanks and clerics must communicate more to improve and maintain a safe run for everyone else in the party.

5. The way people treat clerics. Yes, we heal, but we aren't really your pot/charm/food substitutes. If you feel like doing a duel in the middle of the damn fb/bh then its your bloody fault to have low hp, it is NOT for granted that the cleric heals you everytime you duel. Might need to recap why we need clerics in a party. Its because hp pots aren't sufficient to make you stay alive, its because a party needs support and that's a cleric's job to buff to make u stronger, and heal everyone at the same time when aoe attacks strike, to revive and to make sure you get healed after being damaged by a mob. NOT TO HEAL YOU AFTER YOUR FUN DUEL. Clerics drink charms like hell and they are costy. If we nicely heal you after your duels, please at least thank them and show that you're doing your bit.

6. You dying does not necessarily mean the cleric was **** and can't play their role. It could be because you got the problem i.e. running into a aoe boss at low hp (yes that actually happened) you not taking the mobs aggro; it could be because the cleric was mainly focusing on the tank, then suddenly a nuker or a BM steals aggro and gets killed; not really our fault if you stole aggro. If you know you'll steal aggro, then PREVENT IT. Either that, or you risk your exp/GS/mob kill.

7. When people die its only smart to gather up again and do a rebuff. When the cleric is buffing, dont charge off and solo a dungeon mob, because, you're just really asking for death. A cleric won't in the middle of buffing party members to run off to you and heal you while aggroing mobs at the same time, and get killed. NOT SMART. If you wanna solo a mob, then solo it, don't pull us in. Don't blame us for not healing you because you needed heal. You're the one stupid to run off. Also, when a cleric says to rebuff (usually the cleric knows how long the buffs last for) you GATHER up, not start to pull mobs and make a whole mess. If you know what you're doing and are doing correctly and in the aoe buff area, then fine. But if the cleric already started buffing and every single one of you just runs off; who the hell am I buffing for huh? Air? Clerics would always be at the back of parties, you guys need the most buffs not us. We can buff ourselves anytime.. so if you want buff, GATHER UP, otherwise DON'T complain for not buffing you because you chose to take a run off.

8. It is VERY hard to be the only cleric in the party if you died during a boss kill. Other than the tank, if any other pt members gets dmged it means the boss has aoe. That, or there's a nuker stealin aggro. If its a aoe boss and you're a melee attacker with **** defense or low hp then its only smart to stay away from the boss. You'd rather leave it to the rangers to dmg the boss, because the cleric needs to be away from the boss her/himself but at the same time needs to include the tank into the BB/aoe heal area/heal range. BMs and assassins are the pro at this, and especially assassins. Do a load of dmg to the boss and get themselves killed. What good does it do?? Seriously. Then the cleric wud need to stop healing the tank; problem 1, goes to revive the assassin but the tank dies coz you weren't healing problem 2, then the boss goes to the closest pt member to kill; problem 3, then a party wipe. How can you guys NOT see this chain of problem?? If you wanna DD the **** out of the boss then at least wait for the hp to go 1/2 way. Please, use your brains.

9. Running mobs; the cleric would focus on the parties HP, not so much on the radar and the lil white dots. If you do, then great its a good bonus to get your **** out of trouble, but for clerics that only watch the pt's hp and not the radar, other squad members PLEASE look at the radar and see what mobs are coming at us. We can't take care of every single thing, handing several lives (especially wif heckload of nukers) is hard enough. Be a darling and look at the radar for us; so we know wdf was going on when we had a wipe.

10. PLEASE don't think ya'll all invincible because you got clerics in your party. You aren't. We have to just work our asses off for your recklessness. Its very stressful to take good control of the party and maintain it when others are NOT cooperating with us. If you wanna survive, be a darling and behave. Pretty much its "your life is in our hands if you wanted us here." DON'T take advantage of our MP (unncessary healing), USE YOUR BRAIN and BE CONSIDERATE and THINK before you act. Normally clerics will do their personal best. If you want a fast and good run, please communicate and think about other people.

Tip to fellow clerics:

It is smart to have revive scrolls in your inventory. If you have to run through runners in a dungeon to get to the corpses of your squad members, then you'd realize you can't revive without killing them. Now how can clerics kill those runners? You can't unless you're waaaay over level, so you'd wanna suicide. Let them kill you and once they go back to the original positions, revive yourself with a revive scroll. You'd want a GS in your inventory if you mind losing that exp.

Off topic on the cleric thing- for people that stack BHs are smart on saving money becoz of wine costs, but for people who don't stack and do them daily, please think about others. If you squad then you help one another to complete a certain boss there whether you need it or not. You don't leave the party because they've helped you killed your boss, but you ditch them on the boss they need because YOU don't need it. They say "People need to learn to do it daily" . Well I SAY "YOU need to learn how to save money and do it the smart way, and how to not be so selfish." If you like flinging the money then that's just fine, no worries, wine sellers wud love you. But its VERY mean and BAD of you to ditch a party that helped you and you don't return the favor coz u're done with yours. Very selfish. @ people that ditch - do you have a heart at all?

Hope some people learnt from my rant. Don't like ranting, but it seems like no one brings this to attention and its actually rather vital to know about.

3. Sorry, but no Sin/Psy can take arggo from me at my lvl ^_^ (archer.....they take it from me even if their 10 lvls below me =.=)

5. That is why I have a charm :P
    It takes care of my HP/MP after a duel :3

7. Only buff's I ever ask for from a cleric are the one's to raise my phys def and my mdef......I don't care for the rest b:surrender

(Also that's the main reason you'll see me run off and grab 3-5 mobs, pull axes out my **** and kill them b:victory)
  • SunriseWind - Heavens Tear
    SunriseWind - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i totally agree with the original poster, and have rants of my own to add:

it is freaking rude to rush through an instance without killing all the potentially dangerous mobs, those lil monsters who dont go after the higher level players, but who know that that cleric who is trying to keep up with whatever means she/he has on hand is all too likely to be attacked by. i've lost count of the times i've been in a squad in FC or Disaster, and been attacked by small mobs left behind as 'not worth bothering with'. well, guys, they ARE worth bothering with, if you want me to keep your butts attatched to your brains, buff you, run your bubbles and so forth.

i am so totally in agreement with the OP when it comes to STAYING PUT while im trying to buff everyone. so far as im concerned now, if you get killed by a mob because you dont have your buffs on, thats YOUR problem, and you can just go back to town and find your way back to the squad on your own.

oh, and by the way, before anyone accuses me of squading with idiots-i dont. no more. i've had a craw full of them, and no longer do pickup squads with strangers, only guild members whos good sense i can trust.

a squad has to stay together, to work together, to finish the job together. its common sense....but more and more, that is a rarity in this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear a coat of angels' breath and
    warm myself with God's love.
    ~Emme Woodhull-B
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    it is freaking rude to rush through an instance without killing all the potentially dangerous mobs, those lil monsters who dont go after the higher level players, but who know that that cleric who is trying to keep up with whatever means she/he has on hand is all too likely to be attacked by. i've lost count of the times i've been in a squad in FC or Disaster, and been attacked by small mobs left behind as 'not worth bothering with'. well, guys, they ARE worth bothering with, if you want me to keep your butts attatched to your brains, buff you, run your bubbles and so forth.

Sometimes, I have to agree, squads do leave out mobs that probably should be taken out for the slower members of the party. Some wanderers for example will be missed by the leading members, only leaving slower party members to end up being attacked.

But these instances aren't that common. And you know what?

While you sit here saying that it's our fault if we run away before we get buffs and die, I sit here saying it's your fault if you aren't watching your own radar, and particularly if you run into static mobs that everybody else was able to run past without an issue. Mobs don't have a mind of their own. They have a set wandering path or a static position to stay in, and if you walk too close to them they will kill you regardless of what class you play.

Based on your own "If you do this it's your fault" hypothesis, I should theoretically stop saving your **** when you walk into that one mob that everybody else avoided because it's your fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it is freaking rude to rush through an instance without killing all the potentially dangerous mobs, those lil monsters who dont go after the higher level players, but who know that that cleric who is trying to keep up with whatever means she/he has on hand is all too likely to be attacked by.

Ok this shows to me you dont realy know what your talking about a mob wont stop from going after you just cuz your X lvls higher than it it will attack anyone reguardless of lvl. Also it sounds like you need to pay attention to where your going and stay with your squad if its not their fault they miss buffs by running away its not their fault you were tailing behind them and got attacked. Most clerics have holy path i suggest you get it and stay with your squad if your haveing trouble keeping up ask your friendly neighborhood archer for Wings of Protection and use the speed boost. And above all dont blame the squad for something you could easly prevent yourself thats rude thats unproffessional and that is just plain fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    being an angry cleric... or any class for that matter is pointless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Candie - Raging Tide
    Candie - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you go tunnel-vision on barb's HP , it doesn't make you great , good or even decent cleric . Heal everyone who needs it , it's cleric's job . Party trusts you , you trust party .
    Also it's always very fun to try anything new beyond "barb tanks , cleric heals , rest of the party sleeps till boss is at half HP" . For example , doing TT or Lunar with heavy-veno was a very nice experience
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Or maybe you should watch where you are going...? The entire party passed the mob, but you smack into it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Too many posts to read all of them. Original post had some valid complaints and ideas.

I love all clerics, it's an amazing class with so much versatility. I wouldn't want to be one because of the abuse I have witnessed and heard of from cleric friends. If something happens to squad people blame the tank or the cleric or both. Not always true or fair.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Squading with faction members doesnt mean you can trust them or rely on their skills. Its usually quite the opposite. Thats why I suggest you either find a group of friends to squad with or just suck it up. The latter is what most people do.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.