Clerical Protest

Finria - Sanctuary
Finria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Been playing cleric for quite a bit, there are some things people need to get their minds across.

1. There is nothing wrong with a cleric to NOT heal you if you don't hold all the mob's aggro. If you choose to run into a group of mobs, it would mean you will attack all the mobs to get their aggro onto you. It attacks you doesn't mean its gonna stay on you. Hence why there's heal aggro, and if you only attack 1 mob out of the 10 then sorry, there's no smart cleric gonna heal you because the 9 of them will get the cleric killed. So, learn to use your damn aoe.

2. Nukers; ie. Assassins, Psychics and Archers (barely seen a wiz do this) please don't try to show off your damage or your crit, because tht's not at all cool. You make the tank lose aggro and the boss lands on you. What's next? you're dead. Ok say you're not dead coz the nice cleric healed you. Another nuker would want to take that mob off you. Then it goes to nuker no.2. You'd see the tank (barb) running around in circles to get the mob off you damn nukers and 90% of the time its a party wipe. A party wipe because you wanna spam your skills? yes its good to DD and make the run fast but please, be considerate to the tank AND the clerics. The cleric would only want to heal up to 1 to 2 tanks at a time, not a couple of nukers throwing the boss around like tossing a volleyball.

3. Fish parties - a party of 4 nukers i.e. tideborns and archer + 1 BM with 2 clerics ; hmmm. Would you start your bh/fb with that party? if you will, then you're an idiot. Unless the level difference between the nukers and the BM is huge. Before you even make a party you'd realize what an archer would do, what a nuker would do. Archers ALWAYS steals aggro and I mean that its ALWAYS. Assassins do the same, psychics do the same. I tell my party this aint gonna work and I aint gonna heal every single person because that's not possible if the mob 2 hits you. You'd visual ther's alot of reviving and dying. That isn't needed. Alot of mob tossing, one nuker to the other nuker.

4. You're ready does NOT mean the cleric is ready. Don't just charge into the boss or the mobs coz you know you have a cleric in party and that this cleric will definitely heal you. Yes, clerics there to heal you, but when they can reach you. Clerics run slow and also have a heal range. If you trot off to the boss without making sure the cleric was ready then you're pretty dumb. Risk of party wipe, risk of dying and failing as a tank. Tanks and clerics must communicate more to improve and maintain a safe run for everyone else in the party.

5. The way people treat clerics. Yes, we heal, but we aren't really your pot/charm/food substitutes. If you feel like doing a duel in the middle of the damn fb/bh then its your bloody fault to have low hp, it is NOT for granted that the cleric heals you everytime you duel. Might need to recap why we need clerics in a party. Its because hp pots aren't sufficient to make you stay alive, its because a party needs support and that's a cleric's job to buff to make u stronger, and heal everyone at the same time when aoe attacks strike, to revive and to make sure you get healed after being damaged by a mob. NOT TO HEAL YOU AFTER YOUR FUN DUEL. Clerics drink charms like hell and they are costy. If we nicely heal you after your duels, please at least thank them and show that you're doing your bit.

6. You dying does not necessarily mean the cleric was **** and can't play their role. It could be because you got the problem i.e. running into a aoe boss at low hp (yes that actually happened) you not taking the mobs aggro; it could be because the cleric was mainly focusing on the tank, then suddenly a nuker or a BM steals aggro and gets killed; not really our fault if you stole aggro. If you know you'll steal aggro, then PREVENT IT. Either that, or you risk your exp/GS/mob kill.

7. When people die its only smart to gather up again and do a rebuff. When the cleric is buffing, dont charge off and solo a dungeon mob, because, you're just really asking for death. A cleric won't in the middle of buffing party members to run off to you and heal you while aggroing mobs at the same time, and get killed. NOT SMART. If you wanna solo a mob, then solo it, don't pull us in. Don't blame us for not healing you because you needed heal. You're the one stupid to run off. Also, when a cleric says to rebuff (usually the cleric knows how long the buffs last for) you GATHER up, not start to pull mobs and make a whole mess. If you know what you're doing and are doing correctly and in the aoe buff area, then fine. But if the cleric already started buffing and every single one of you just runs off; who the hell am I buffing for huh? Air? Clerics would always be at the back of parties, you guys need the most buffs not us. We can buff ourselves anytime.. so if you want buff, GATHER UP, otherwise DON'T complain for not buffing you because you chose to take a run off.

8. It is VERY hard to be the only cleric in the party if you died during a boss kill. Other than the tank, if any other pt members gets dmged it means the boss has aoe. That, or there's a nuker stealin aggro. If its a aoe boss and you're a melee attacker with **** defense or low hp then its only smart to stay away from the boss. You'd rather leave it to the rangers to dmg the boss, because the cleric needs to be away from the boss her/himself but at the same time needs to include the tank into the BB/aoe heal area/heal range. BMs and assassins are the pro at this, and especially assassins. Do a load of dmg to the boss and get themselves killed. What good does it do?? Seriously. Then the cleric wud need to stop healing the tank; problem 1, goes to revive the assassin but the tank dies coz you weren't healing problem 2, then the boss goes to the closest pt member to kill; problem 3, then a party wipe. How can you guys NOT see this chain of problem?? If you wanna DD the **** out of the boss then at least wait for the hp to go 1/2 way. Please, use your brains.

9. Running mobs; the cleric would focus on the parties HP, not so much on the radar and the lil white dots. If you do, then great its a good bonus to get your **** out of trouble, but for clerics that only watch the pt's hp and not the radar, other squad members PLEASE look at the radar and see what mobs are coming at us. We can't take care of every single thing, handing several lives (especially wif heckload of nukers) is hard enough. Be a darling and look at the radar for us; so we know wdf was going on when we had a wipe.

10. PLEASE don't think ya'll all invincible because you got clerics in your party. You aren't. We have to just work our asses off for your recklessness. Its very stressful to take good control of the party and maintain it when others are NOT cooperating with us. If you wanna survive, be a darling and behave. Pretty much its "your life is in our hands if you wanted us here." DON'T take advantage of our MP (unncessary healing), USE YOUR BRAIN and BE CONSIDERATE and THINK before you act. Normally clerics will do their personal best. If you want a fast and good run, please communicate and think about other people.

Tip to fellow clerics:

It is smart to have revive scrolls in your inventory. If you have to run through runners in a dungeon to get to the corpses of your squad members, then you'd realize you can't revive without killing them. Now how can clerics kill those runners? You can't unless you're waaaay over level, so you'd wanna suicide. Let them kill you and once they go back to the original positions, revive yourself with a revive scroll. You'd want a GS in your inventory if you mind losing that exp.

Off topic on the cleric thing- for people that stack BHs are smart on saving money becoz of wine costs, but for people who don't stack and do them daily, please think about others. If you squad then you help one another to complete a certain boss there whether you need it or not. You don't leave the party because they've helped you killed your boss, but you ditch them on the boss they need because YOU don't need it. They say "People need to learn to do it daily" . Well I SAY "YOU need to learn how to save money and do it the smart way, and how to not be so selfish." If you like flinging the money then that's just fine, no worries, wine sellers wud love you. But its VERY mean and BAD of you to ditch a party that helped you and you don't return the favor coz u're done with yours. Very selfish. @ people that ditch - do you have a heart at all?

Hope some people learnt from my rant. Don't like ranting, but it seems like no one brings this to attention and its actually rather vital to know about.
Post edited by Finria - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Animated-GIFS-the-joker-1971583-400-233.gif

not that anyone cares, but ....cool story bro

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You think no one cares, but you just made another rant like theres many already this wont change a thing, on the radar thing you should just watch it yourself seriously
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Stopped reading this about half way through.

1) At your level, if archers are always stealing aggro, either you constantly squad with bad archers, or you constantly squad with crappy tanks, or a mixture of the two.

Get better squads.

2) People keep running into a bunch of mobs and don't aggro them all? Then don't heal them. If they complain? Tell them what they're doing wrong. If they still complain? Drop squad.

Don't come on here and complain because most people here are easily 60+ and know what they're doing, with a few exceptions. You change nothing with your rant here, at all.

3) For the record, if an archer steals aggro but can tank whatever they steal, just heal the archer. Seriously.

If a DD steals and can tank what they steal just heal the DD. I love how you're all "barbs are gods and are tanks and I will not heal you DDs if you steal" but you don't consider the fact that maybe some barbs should stop competing for aggro back if a DD is doing a just fine job at tanking.

It's not always the fault of a DD, GTFO with your idea that it is.

Seriously this is a huge "DDs all suck because they do this wrong and they do that wrong and they do everything else wrong and I'm here ranting about it" when the fact of the matter is I can see solutions for every problem and no it's not always a DDs fault.

And I didn't even read the whole thing to need to get that impression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah add that to the other 100 things clerics have to do to keep the squad alive. So glad i only run with ppl i know now a days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pfft.
    It's easy to heal people stealing agro all the time.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wait, what?
    65 cleric giving tips?
    b:laugh
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    tl;dr

Seen this thread a million and a half times.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    this belongs to the cleric section ;)
    i didnt read it, its the same story as always
    and i guess the only ones who really care are other clerics, mainly those in your lvlrange.
    seems to be an issue there that those fish die in 1hit and complain- its sad but... lvlup
    or try to figure out the best DD in the first place and keep an eye on him -> or let him tank D:

roll a damage dealer-class alt, helps you understand squad dynamics >.>
    or vice versa ofc :)

DDs shouldnt gimp their damage, when they know they can tank WITH heals xD
    the person dealing most damage and holding it is tank . not the highest hp or longest hair
    i like potato
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's much more fun to adjust to your squads level, morale, behaviour etc...

Being a good cleric is fun with the right kind of group.
    Wrong group, just be just as fail, make them die or burn their charm. It's actually a lot more fun then actually frantically trying to outdo yourself when everyone else is trying to show how good they are, at your expense ...

*waits for the "you fail "chanting*

1. Oh don't forget to never res them after squad wipe... then they need to get a new cleric or feel the burn.

2. Low level res is much better. Don't level it

3. Purehearted blessing healing

4. don't use Holypath

5. don't buff them if they run...

6. wait with healing until they are almost dead an need to use pots... only heal them if they use pots. Or else let them die. They don't value their life anyway.

etc. You figure out the others
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010

the person dealing most damage and holding it is tank . not the highest hp or longest hair

and you want barbs to have their aggro increased -.-
    i do not understand you lol

and this thread belongs in the general discussion, even tho there are like 1million of these exist already because its mostly for everyone and only clerics look in the clerics forum
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    read the "and holding it"

sry, i fail at grammar, even when im not talking english...

>i know unexperienced BH59 squads wanted the one with Highest hp to tank
    there are no barbs usually
    so they let the vit-axe-bm tank b:angry
    everyone else has to be careful not to deal damage at all D:
    and clerics refuse to heal anyone else...

op reminds me on those kind of fails-.-

EDIT
    again, this belongs to cleric section, as its only clerics who care about OPs issues :o
    i like potato
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Been playing cleric for quite a bit, there are some things people need to get their minds across.

1. There is nothing wrong with a cleric to NOT heal you if you don't hold all the mob's aggro. Situational...besides you can always give an IH before attacking a known "trouble" mob.

2. Nukers; ie. Assassins, Psychics and Archers (barely seen a wiz do this) please don't try to show off your damage or your crit, because tht's not at all cool. You make the tank lose aggro and the boss lands on you. This will never stop happening. That is why if you are unsure of the party, you just have to be alert and able to switch your heals.

3. Fish parties - a party of 4 nukers i.e. tideborns and archer + 1 BM with 2 clerics ; hmmm. Would you start your bh/fb with that party? if you will, then you're an idiot. This is not a bad thing unless you have a terrible squad. You can be in a squad with all fish and you should be able to heal just fine. These types of squads are also essential (imo) to learning how to play your character and how to adapt to any type of situation.

4. You're ready does NOT mean the cleric is ready. If people want to ninja the boss let them...just stand back and let them die, you can res them. Lol....keep in mind though that it should not take a Cleric 100 years to be ready to heal...

5. The way people treat clerics. It is the noobs....there are many more that appreciate what Clerics do. However, if you learn to manage your MP, throwing one heal on someone after a duel is not a huge deal imo...

6. You dying does not necessarily mean the cleric was **** and can't play their role. Situational...

7. When people die its only smart to gather up again and do a rebuff. When the cleric is buffing, dont charge off and solo a dungeon mob, because, you're just really asking for death. Meh...there is an entire thread on this in the Cleric section. They just do not get buffs...

8. It is VERY hard to be the only cleric in the party if you died during a boss kill. This is learned...and besides, things happen = LOL. TBH, when I am in a rare party wipe at this level, I laugh ;P...also, having DD's wait until boss is 50% before attacking = Zzzzzz. Regular attacks will do just fine. At your level anyways people should be at least knowledgeable in regards to their aggro etc.

9. Running mobs; the cleric would focus on the parties HP, not so much on the radar and the lil white dots. If you do, then great its a good bonus to get your **** out of trouble, but for clerics that only watch the pt's hp and not the radar, other squad members Clerics should be aware of everything at all times...

10. PLEASE don't think ya'll all invincible because you got clerics in your party. You aren't. We have to just work our asses off for your recklessness. Its very stressful to take good control of the party and maintain it when others are NOT cooperating with us. If you wanna survive, be a darling and behave. Pretty much its "your life is in our hands if you wanted us here." DON'T take advantage of our MP (unncessary healing), USE YOUR BRAIN and BE CONSIDERATE and THINK before you act. Normally clerics will do their personal best. If you want a fast and good run, please communicate and think about other people. Um....sorry but your thinking here is elitist and thinking it is stressful at your level....wait till you get into some other instances...

Tip to fellow clerics:

It is smart to have revive scrolls in your inventory. Yes, this is a good idea.

Hope some people learnt from my rant. Don't like ranting, but it seems like no one brings this to attention and its actually rather vital to know about.

Ok.....think I said mainly and shortly what I thought...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    3. Fish parties - a party of 4 nukers i.e. tideborns and archer + 1 BM with 2 clerics ; hmmm. Would you start your bh/fb with that party? if you will, then you're an idiot

I would start a BH/FB with that squad, mostly because that means I found a way to start a squad with 7 people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Things that make me rage....

1) wizards and other DD who sit and go afk during a boss. Good clerics don't need pots for regular ironheart healing but this is so unfair to the barb(repair+MP pots).

2) Barbs who start pulling in frost with less than 1/2 their HP. Plain stupid.

Things that make squad rage go away.

1)wings of protection on a barb.

2) BB - this power in this skill is 90% psychological 10% actually useful. It will shut up most of the QQ from other people.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2010
    +1 to RedsRose's post

Also, at 65, it's taken you what? a month to get there if you play casual?
    You do all BH's all the time because you think that's the only way to level?

A good cleric adapts to the situation. No matter what it is. And yeah, if the archer needs to die and stay down for a minute... it's gonna happen. Same thing for just about anyone else that can't control themselves. Other than that, do what you can to make sure ppl have buffs, (even if only 30-minute) and watch aggro closely. If you aren't watching aggro or paying attention to how the other squad members are playing, then you have still got some learning to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Where to begin....well, I've also been playing a cleric for quite some time. #1 is common sense. #2...my assassin has tanked everything until BH 69 polearm. Given your level, if I had a squad of sin, bm, archer, 2x cleric, I would have one cleric rb. That's actually quite the pro squad you've got set up there. Also, I've never had an archer pull aggro off my sin, he's level 89.

#4 shouldn't have to be explained. Let them die, and lesson learned.

#5....meh. You just hate fun, I think.

#6 Whoever died should know why they died. If it wasn't your (the cleric's) fault and you get blamed, just explain what you saw happen. I've done that a thousand times, there's no reason to /flameon

#7 is really the same as #4. Just let it happen.

#8 seems like its based on a fail rant. Assassins have bloodpaint, which is enough to cover any aoe my sin has seen (again, level 89 and done many FCs). If you can't spare the occasional ironheart on a bm when you're killing Rankar, you should just reroll now.

#9 is flat out wrong. I always look at the radar for exactly the reasons you described. If you're just looking at hp bars on your squad panel, then you're simply not paying attention.

#10 again is flat out wrong. People in my squads are, in fact, invincible. The absolute worst case scenario is a DD dies, I res, rebuff, and we move on. 20 seconds, tops.

I should just make my own thread...

Edit: Dammit RedsRose. I suck at reading the thread before posting. +1
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    2) BB - this power in this skill is 90% psychological 10% actually useful. It will shut up most of the QQ from other people.

Depends on situation. Sometimes, BB is cheaper than even spamming IB, when inside an AoE and constantly considered in battle. Also, the half damage has two effects essentially; doubles spike survival of the party, and doubles their healing. The healing BB does isn't such a big deal. But when people can use healing food and BP healing with double effect, it is insanely sweet. That kind of benefit will far and away outdo the healing of IB spam when the tank can deal large amounts of damage at higher refines.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is why I hate the cleric forums
    ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is why I hate the cleric forums
    ._.

Your not in the Cleric forums b:chuckleb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    woooo here we go
    1. There is nothing wrong with a cleric to NOT heal you if you don't hold all the mob's aggro....if you only attack 1 mob out of the 10 then sorry, there's no smart cleric gonna heal you because the 9 of them will get the cleric killed.
    If they dont know those mechanics i let them die. Most melee aoe for me tho right after.

2. Nukers; ie. Assassins, Psychics and Archers (barely seen a wiz do this) please don't try to show off your damage or your crit, because tht's not at all cool. You make the tank lose aggro and the boss lands on you. What's next? you're dead.
    You just have to hope they die and learn b:chuckle

3. Fish parties LMAO - a party of 4 nukers i.e. tideborns and archer + 1 BM with 2 clerics ; hmmm. Would you start your bh/fb with that party? if you will, then you're an idiot.
    This would hugely depend on the skill of the barb, the assisting classes, and the melee knowing how to control their aggro.

4. You're ready does NOT mean the cleric is ready. Don't just charge into the boss or the mobs.
    if they do, i pretend to afk even more to watch them struggle die and have them realize maybe waiting isnt sucha bad idea. If they are keeping themselves alive fairly well even then, i give them credit and heal them from afk >.>

5. The way people treat clerics. Yes, we heal, but we aren't really your pot/charm/food substitutes. If you feel like doing a duel in the middle of the damn fb/bh then its your bloody fault to have low hp,
    Let them die. Tell them you thought they were smart enough to at least carry a lv50 pot.

6. You dying does not necessarily mean the cleric was **** and can't play their role.
    situational.

7. When people die its only smart to gather up again and do a rebuff. When the cleric is buffing, dont charge off and solo a dungeon mob, because, you're just really asking for death.
    Let them go without buffs, their loss.

8. It is VERY hard to be the only cleric in the party if you died during a boss kill...... If you wanna DD the **** out of the boss then at least wait for the hp to go 1/2 way. Please, use your brains.
    Sometimes i let them miss the kill. Rez when the tank says hes ready to survive solo for 10 sec.

9. Running mobs; the cleric would focus on the parties HP, not so much on the radar and the lil white dots.... Be a darling and look at the radar for us; so we know wdf was going on when we had a wipe.
    Youll get used to watching HP, radar, and rotating screen all at once soon

10. PLEASE don't think ya'll all invincible because you got clerics in your party. You aren't. We have to just work our asses off for your recklessness..
    seems u get bad squads....

Tip to fellow clerics:

It is smart to have revive scrolls in your inventory. If you have to run through runners in a dungeon to get to the corpses of your squad members, then you'd realize you can't revive without killing them. Now how can clerics kill those runners? You can't unless you're waaaay over level, so you'd wanna suicide. Let them kill you and once they go back to the original positions, revive yourself with a revive scroll. You'd want a GS in your inventory if you mind losing that exp.
    First of all clerics arent the only ones that have a hard time passing running mobs in dungeons so clear them. period.
    Second, helllll no. Not carrying res scroll (unless i personally want to) i dont see why i have to res right there, while for example a lazy **** psy dies and lies there useless without a scroll while the barb and i have to feverishly have to coordinate to cleric res them. Ill start carrying once every melee does the tank and the cleric and the whole squad a time saving favor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Missed that one until Deceptistar responded to it, but yeah if you're dieing by patrol because of some weird urge to have your heal target on screen that is your fault, not the others. Even at lvl 35 my cleric would have mob radar always on, and screen would be rotated away from the party. Because they are pretty much staying in one spot, and so is the boss after things get set. Why do I need to stare at that, when there is assist attack (now auto-target) to debuff boss, and the party health bar to retarget tank for healing. If anything, I was the one warning of patrols coming, so archers could move as they won't be getting healed before dieing otherwise usually. This is a must have skill for decent cleric'ing.

EDIT: Just realized this was one of the points I had in a guide I wrote in Oct 08 that I made for my old faction entitled "How to not completely suck at playing" Most were things barbs did wrong, since their ****-ups were very numerous and obvious back then for most. But the general ones applied to all classes, as in the case of this one. Wonder if I should track it down off Legendary's forum and repost here for all the hyper/oracle/BH people.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This should be in Cleric forum I think <3
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    woooo here we go

OMG cant quote quotes automatically QQ
    If they dont know those mechanics i let them die. Most melee aoe for me tho right after.

thats why lower lvl clerics are those QQing

people are unexperienced -> fails happen -> nobody want to be the one to blame
    I fear the oracle/hyper babies! they are just like that!

when the dd doesnt aoe on groups > blame the DD!
    when cleric heals before dd can do anything > cleric fault ("too nice :(")
    when dd aoes and cleric didnt heal > cleric
    dd runs in mobs out of cleric sight and cant take the damage till cleric is ready > DD

but please heal when someone actually can take the damage until ur there
    some odd clerics are upset and sit down o.O
    -> there are ways to get your cleric killed and make it look like an accident too b:cute

the few clerics of my lvl in my faction been teaching me not to say "tick" "heal" "puri"
    when i do/or say anything wrong, they get me killed some minutes after that
    ->like stopping BB once i have full aggro on a bunch of mobs in bh >_>
    timing it professionally over teamspeak, (wich i refuse to access)

WTB a faction with nice 100+ clerics b:cry xD (jk dont pm me!)
    i like potato
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    OMG cant quote quotes automatically QQ

thats why lower lvl clerics are those QQing

people are unexperienced -> fails happen -> nobody want to be the one to blame
    I fear the oracle/hyper babies! they are just like that!

when the dd doesnt aoe on groups > blame the DD!
    when cleric heals before dd can do anything > cleric fault ("too nice :(")
    when dd aoes and cleric didnt heal > cleric
    dd runs in mobs out of cleric sight and cant take the damage till cleric is ready > DD

but please heal when someone actually can take the damage until ur there
    some odd clerics are upset and sit down o.O
    -> there are ways to get your cleric killed and make it look like an accident too b:cute

the few clerics of my lvl in my faction been teaching me not to say "tick" "heal" "puri"
    when i do/or say anything wrong, they get me killed some minutes after that
    ->like stopping BB once i have full aggro on a bunch of mobs in bh >_>
    timing it professionally over teamspeak, (wich i refuse to access)

WTB a faction with nice 100+ clerics b:cry xD (jk dont pm me!)

Only time I ask for a purify or specific skill, is if after 10 secs they still haven't adjusted their skill use. When a cleric says they are purifying, and it comes after I had taken a full cycle of attacks from 69 debuff boss, I know they are full of ****. Good cleric will not macro and switch to purify if needed in a couple seconds. Great cleric will bother learning the timing, and stop their IB spam right before AoE goes off and purify .5-1 second after the AoE goes off. May not be needed that particular one, but it goes a heck of a lot smoother either way. Or when a lazy cleric does a IB + wellspring combo so they can macro. No use for them, would rather ditch them a bring an assassin for BP healing on non-? BH runs.

• RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Oh look. Its the same thread that's been posted a thousand times already -_-.

Hurry, someone make a thread about barbs not being able to hold aggro, and how Sins/Nixes/5aps are OP!
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    3. Fish parties LMAO - a party of 4 nukers i.e. tideborns and archer + 1 BM with 2 clerics ; hmmm. Would you start your bh/fb with that party? if you will, then you're an idiot.
    This would hugely depend on the skill of the barb, the assisting classes, and the melee knowing how to control their aggro.

What barb? and btw, i want your 7 in a squad hax
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    +1 best thread ever
    this should be a sticky thread in every race sub forum, I mean seriusly psy+vodoo (lots of attack - lots of defense) +sparks and then they said "cool I just hit (no one cares) can you rezz me now" b:angry
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    this belongs to the cleric section ;)
    i didnt read it, its the same story as always
    and i guess the only ones who really care are other clerics, mainly those in your lvlrange.
    seems to be an issue there that those fish die in 1hit and complain- its sad but... lvlup
    or try to figure out the best DD in the first place and keep an eye on him -> or let him tank D:

roll a damage dealer-class alt, helps you understand squad dynamics >.>
    or vice versa ofc :)

LoL, this is my alt. I have a veno main. I know the dynamics just hate how the cleric needs to deal with situations in a party that goes out of hand. It's just SAD that there's already so many threads about this and nothing changes and I DO hope for a change coz that's gonna suck for all the clerics out there.
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    What barb? and btw, i want your 7 in a squad hax

I never mentioned 'barb', because THERE AINT ONE. Read.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Perhaps you should make this thread required reading before anyone squads with you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin