Work For it or Dont Worry about it

Options

Comments

• Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    EDIT: Can someone explain to me why I cannot post more than 3-4 few lines of text >:O

You need to level your wall of text mastery b:laugh
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    Anarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You need to level your wall of text mastery b:laugh

+10 :D b:victory
    This person they make me out to be? She irritates the hell out of me too :D
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oops, looks like you got cut off SkyFi.

Anyway, to answer a few questions about EQ's ambitions, since it has come up again. When we say that we'll never own more than half the map, it is in all likeliness that we will not approach 1/2 the map. People should realize that holding the entire map is not a feasible goal at this point in the server's lifecycle.

That does not mean that EQ halt its TW offensives where it can find a good fight. Perhaps we can post publicly the name of a land we have no intentions of defending? Then whomever bids highest can have it, and defend it from future attackers?

Of course, that land would ideally have to be separated from Calamity, so they don't simply take it again. There is no sense in really thinking about it right now as that's such a long way off, and hopefully TW changes will help EQ to realize its' goals.

Apparently, there is an EQ rallying campaign that I'm not aware of. Our plan does not require the agreement from any other faction, as it is a mindset more than it is means to convince others. In the grand scheme of things with regards of other factions wanting to destroy Calamity, Calamity has done so much more to convince others to attack them than anything EQ has.

It has been asked of me before (rather pointedly) in the forums what EQ could do to diminish Cala's grasp on the map, and I responded with a list of things that EQ could do to help; however, this isn't something that has been acted upon in full or in part.

So, don't give EQ credit where it isn't due. I would suspect a good chunk of the anti-Calamity sentiment to come from the TW capable players on Dreamweaver who are not part of the red-touting auspicious 200.

EQ will keep doing what EQ does-- TW for fun, socializing, PK, end-game character play, and spreading the pink, in the very least, within the mindset of others with regards to respect and equality. Now, that paragraph sounds like a campaign! But that's who we are, that's how we play, and if it sounds to others like a rallying message, may our actions speak louder than a forum post b:chuckle

omg u almost had me fooled LOL

ppl really should concentrate more on waht eq is doing THEN THEY will KNOW wich side is good i am just saying and may the best faction wins END OF DISCUSION LETS MAKE A NEW post

how about who likes pie??????/ say it with me!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

ppl really should concentrate more on waht eq is doing THEN THEY will KNOW wich side is good i am just saying and may the best faction wins END OF DISCUSION LETS MAKE A NEW post

Regardless of how you feel, your opinions are merely opinions and bode little on who or what Equinox is. I'm not sure why you're trying to derail the thread, but considering either faction good or bad is just plain base.

...and I want some pie b:chuckle
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i promised my brother i wont talk again in dw forums so i hope he doesnt c this :O

i never said anything about my personal opponion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver
    DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Regardless of how you feel, your opinions are merely opinions and bode little on who or what Equinox is. I'm not sure why you're trying to derail the thread, but considering either faction good or bad is just plain base.

...and I want some pie b:chuckle

Maybe I should show what Calamity is, "Integrity ~ Community ~ Honesty" after all right?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TR2LOXR4 ~ (copy of their last thread before everything was made private, so will have to download to view it.
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "Integrity ~ Community ~ Honesty" after all right?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TR2LOXR4 ~ (copy of their last thread before everything was made private, so will have to download to view it.

lol, you SS'd the guest section.

That slogan...lmao I have no idea who chose it, but I still (months later) think it needs to be changed.

People are starting to figure it out~

Ana <3

Edit: i think it is safe to say this thread is now derailed, although with a cute twist. WTB page 2 >.>
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The only impression I get from this screenshot is that Calamity is just as bad as EQ now.
    I don't really see any point in posting it.
    Its all very petty really...
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol thats just creepy dude go and look ino ther ppl forums :O i dont even know eq's website is ,now at theat issue since u r not in calamity u dont know it buuuuttt if u dont know, that was a misunderstanding and it got solved and norsan is back to his family and everything got resolved b:chuckle sooooo nice try
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what will happen now
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol, you SS'd the guest section.

That slogan...lmao I have no idea who chose it, but I still (months later) think it needs to be changed.

People are starting to figure it out~

Ana <3

Edit: i think it is safe to say this thread is now derailed, although with a cute twist. WTB page 2 >.>

Yes, the 2nd page would have been awesome to read! And I agree with you... this has devolved into an EQ vs. Calamity thread, and it really should have been more in line with Sabra's first post.

Which factions, would others out there purpose, join together to stand on their own feet?

Significant contributors to another super power might include Dynasty (which currently owns land, so exclude them), Bushido, HDT, Vanquish, Inversion, o_o (which is made primarily of Calamity alts, so I guess they're out)... others? Let's get some names together and see if we can't build a third coalition of power!
  • DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol thats just creepy dude go and look ino ther ppl forums :O i dont even know eq's website is ,now at theat issue since u r not in calamity u dont know it buuuuttt if u dont know, that was a misunderstanding and it got solved and norsan is back to his family and everything got resolved b:chuckle sooooo nice try

I think your logic and understanding of a website is blurred.

1. WWW (world wide web) = meant for the world to view.

2. If you wanted your forum to be private, then it shouldn't have been in the "guest" section for everyone to view.

3. If you don't want anyone looking at your website, how do you expect to recruit?

4. I don't need to be in Calamity to read your OWN members' opinions about your faction. But I am glad you did resolve the other issue.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    o.o first time ive seen Dragoonz post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, the 2nd page would have been awesome to read! And I agree with you... this has devolved into an EQ vs. Calamity thread, and it really should have been more in line with Sabra's first post.

Which factions, would others out there purpose, join together to stand on their own feet?

Significant contributors to another super power might include Dynasty (which currently owns land, so exclude them), Bushido, HDT, Vanquish, Inversion, o_o (which is made primarily of Calamity alts, so I guess they're out)... others? Let's get some names together and see if we can't build a third coalition of power!

One problem with this. Should EQ or Cala or both be the ones saying what should compose another rival faction for ourselves? lol
    Yes we can make some suggestions, but just tossing out names helps no one.

One of the main points of this thread is that the factions need to decide on their own to merge/who does merge/etc. For any of us to sit here and say "faction x/y/z should merge" is not going to help them. The decision has to be made on their own/handled on their own, unless you're an expert on all of these factions' internal dynamics, in which case, spy less :P
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think your logic and understanding of a website is blurred.

1. WWW (world wide web) = meant for the world to view.

2. If you wanted your forum to be private, then it shouldn't have been in the "guest" section for everyone to view.

3. If you don't want anyone looking at your website, how do you expect to recruit?

4. I don't need to be in Calamity to read your OWN members' opinions about your faction. But I am glad you did resolve the other issue.

I think we want people to look, we just don't want creepy, Cala-obsessed stalkers who check our forums like channel surfing to find a Jerry Springer episode with extra drama. Maybe if people focused on their own selves and their own faction for a little while, things would be much nicer around here. This isn't some political campaign to prove who the better candidate is, it's a game, so everyone should just hush and go play it and have some fun with their friends.

Anarchy... You make me feel really sad, girl. Maybe it doesn't apply to every single person, it is beyond even Calamity's power to control thought, but some of us do believe in Integrity, Community, and Honesty. Please stop dumping your hate and anger on all of us like a blanket, as if we are all only clones of one another. I really enjoyed the time I had with you in Calamity, please stop making me feel as if I misjudged you when I believed you were, underneath it all, a decent, good human being. Don't be the person they make you out to be. I'd love to hear from you in-game if you're still playing, pm me sometime, add me to your FL. But please don't condemn me and all of those in Calamity who do believe in what we're trying to stand for.

And can I have some pie, please? Ummm... pecan. Yeah, pecan, that's my favorite. Warmed up, please :)
  • Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Maybe I should show what Calamity is, "Integrity ~ Community ~ Honesty" after all right?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TR2LOXR4(copy of their last thread before everything was made private, so will have to download to view it.

I'm sure you read the second page of that thread. It was understood the situation was a misunderstanding during a PK fest, and that member is back in Calamity in good terms. Do you happen to have the second page saved? This isn't a thread to defame a faction, especially if the proof is incomplete only to preach further hatred.

There are great people in both Calamity and Equinox, and there are less honest and snide people in both factions as well. That's just the way it is in a game with two big rival factions. It's unnecessary to post examples of "bad behavior" on forums when anyone from both factions can just continue to post screenshots or threads singling out unpleasant situations.

(Off-topic because I replied a post that was off-topic.)
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien
  • DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think we want people to look, we just don't want creepy, Cala-obsessed stalkers who check our forums like channel surfing to find a Jerry Springer episode with extra drama.

Definition of a forum - a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.

From your own statement, everyone is a creepy stalker. Even those that come to this forum and yourself to read up and have discussions.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b:surrender sorry im such a stalker, and creepy too b:cry
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrAgOOnZ - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm sure you read the second page of that thread. It was understood the situation was a misunderstanding during a PK fest, and that member is back in Calamity in good terms. Do you happen to have the second page saved? This isn't a thread to defame a faction, especially if the proof is incomplete only to preach further hatred.

There are great people in both Calamity and Equinox, and there are less honest and snide people in both factions as well. That's just the way it is in a game with two big rival factions. It's unnecessary to post examples of "bad behavior" on forums when anyone from both factions can just continue to post screenshots or threads singling out unpleasant situations.

(Off-topic because I replied a post that was off-topic.)

I read part of the 2nd page to the point where a finger was being pointed (maybe about 3 or 4 posts that I read there before it was moved) and didn't see the need to show that. You're right this isn't a thread to deflame a faction, but maybe you should reprimand your own member's posting on this thread defaming and going off-topic to begin with.
  • Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I read part of the 2nd page to the point where a finger was being pointed (maybe about 3 or 4 posts that I read there before it was moved) and didn't see the need to show that. You're right this isn't a thread to deflame a faction, but maybe you should reprimand your own member's posting on this thread defaming and going off-topic to begin with.

Agreed - I did not mean to single you out when there are some others from both factions that have gone off-topic to berate each other.

I just wanted to point out that in the thread you posted, the situation was resolved because there was a misunderstanding.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Definition of a forum - a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.

From your own statement, everyone is a creepy stalker. Even those that come to this forum and yourself to read up and have discussions.

Ah, my statement was taken out of context, I guess. What I'm saying is that some view forums like the passersby of trainwrecks - they seek the drama, thrive on it in some way, and most certainly get some sick satisfaction at seeing the problems of others laid before them. That's why I used the "Jerry Springer" reference. There are those who come to forums to discuss things in a rational, adult manner. There are others who visit certain forums in the hopes of finding some sort of drama there. I find it mildly disturbing that someone would feel the need to actually screenshot our forums, public or otherwise. It's just... creepy. Like, as you were reading, what on earth would make you think, "Hey, I should screenshot this?" Unless, of course, you are only thinking ahead of how you can use that screenshot to try and get some digs in on another faction. And that's disturbing, too.

I don't consider myself a creepy stalker. I only check the PWI forums every few days to see if there's actually anything interesting being discussed. It is no fault of mine that generally most of what I see here is little more than attacking one another and trash-talking. I suppose I just take issue with the fact that not nearly enough gamers are open to FRIENDLY competition. It seems like every thread eventually ends up to be hardly more than naming and shaming instead of reaching any sort of solution or viable idea.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Agreement is always fun. Let's build on it.

Is there any faction leader (or leaders) from any of the smaller factions (and I mean that in terms of level, gear, experience and not in terms of character) who are interested in combining into a larger force?
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nah not creepy since this forum is for everyone in DW while calamities forum is for ppl inside calamity :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what will happen now
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just a suggestion (and sorry to anyone that takes offense to it) but i think EQ and Cala have had their say in this thread. Illyana did a decent job trying to get it back on course, but I think either faction posting much more will draw it back off course. So let's all pull our politics out of a thread for once, and let any factions interested in the concept behind this thread before it got derailed work it out amongst themselves. Yell at me in game tomorrow or on pm in the forums if you want to reply to this, because I at least am going to withdraw from this thread now, so it hopefully reverts to the original intent behind it.
    Most of us that have any comments on the original idea of the thread have had our say at this point, so let's leave it open for others not in eq and cala to talk, and hopefully they'll talk to us in game if they think we have any helpful input. Either way, good luck to any factions that try the idea of merging or working together somehow so they can compete with EQ and Cala.

now /leaves thread
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There definately is Illy. the problem is, people don't want to leave their 'own' factions.

That and there are several factions with very difirent cultural differenses that would certainly clash.

<--- has first hand experience in multiple cases.
  • Anarchy - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options

Anarchy... You make me feel really sad, girl. Maybe it doesn't apply to every single person, it is beyond even Calamity's power to control thought, but some of us do believe in Integrity, Community, and Honesty. Please stop dumping your hate and anger on all of us like a blanket, as if we are all only clones of one another. I really enjoyed the time I had with you in Calamity, please stop making me feel as if I misjudged you when I believed you were, underneath it all, a decent, good human being. Don't be the person they make you out to be. I'd love to hear from you in-game if you're still playing, pm me sometime, add me to your FL. But please don't condemn me and all of those in Calamity who do believe in what we're trying to stand for.

Awe willow. The person you met in cala was me, albeit with a slight officer-style shine (which is true of most officers) However I think you are taking my comments personally, when they are not, meaning not pointed at Calamity as a whole...in case anyone in Calamity missed that part in my leaving post: My issues pretty much revolve around BB and his Autocratic-machiavellian-wannabe BS (although he makes a great spokesperson....sometimes) I actually adore Cala still..it was my pwi-home that I built, expanded and defended fiercely for well over a year.

Actually I did have one issue that was very general about calamity..it drove me perfectly insane when the attendance wasn't there yet everyone blamed strategy :S That's it.

I like how you refer to Cala as 'them' and how 'they' make me out to be.....I wish you had been in Calamity from the start...you could see just how twisted those lies are....anyways, much luck in Cala...I do prefer Red over any other, and shall always very reluctantly agree with the Pink, when Red fails me.

Keep working Willow, it was my time to go, staying would have meant I supported the corruption and lies.

The person you see now is very burnt out and apathetic, but loyal enough to cala not to do anything truly hurtful to it.

Ana<3

btw, I already made my points that had to do with the OP's concerns.
  • Ozumaki - Dreamweaver
    Ozumaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wohoho... I need around 3 hours to read all post and try to understand it.

Well... which one is good or bad depend on individual perspective (subjective).

I can call my self is evil, becoz I'm already a demon wizz, and I'm proud to be part of the red crabs for long time. b:victory b:chuckle b:shutup

God damn, guys let's talk another thing... b:bye
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think we want people to look, we just don't want creepy, Cala-obsessed stalkers who check our forums like channel surfing to find a Jerry Springer episode with extra drama. Maybe if people focused on their own selves and their own faction for a little while, things would be much nicer around here. This isn't some political campaign to prove who the better candidate is, it's a game, so everyone should just hush and go play it and have some fun with their friends.

And can I have some pie, please? Ummm... pecan. Yeah, pecan, that's my favorite. Warmed up, please :)

LOL you just said Calamity has more drama than Jerry Springer b:chuckle

and my second thought is to keep your mouth shut on forums if you don't want us to see your Jerry Springer family dysfunctions. Take it to pm.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL you just said Calamity has more drama than Jerry Springer b:chuckle

and my second thought is to keep your mouth shut on forums if you don't want us to see your Jerry Springer family dysfunctions. Take it to pm.

Aubree after all is shouldnt be nessecary to move forums regulary cos EQ gets access to member accounts who quit or whatever and read forum. it's a strategy i know to break opponentn from inside, but atleast dont talk like ya dont do.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and the plot thickens *cues epic music*
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Aubree after all is shouldnt be nessecary to move forums regulary cos EQ gets access to member accounts who quit or whatever and read forum. it's a strategy i know to break opponentn from inside, but atleast dont talk like ya dont do.

<-- Current Director of EQ. We don't do it, and the officership as I know isn't aware of it happening.
This discussion has been closed.