The History of HT (A Discussion)

Comments

• Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I post now :O..

Gen. 1 for me, started late September 2008.
    And I was the biggest noob in the entire game b:surrender..
    I didn't now about attribute points until lvl 10 or 11
    doing quest seemed impossible to me, like my fb19 wasn't done until lvl 44
    My first piece of fashion cost me about 2k so i got lucky that time :D yey mispriced items!!!
    Didn't join a faction until lvl 48 cause i didn't know what factions were before that x_x
    :O I was so fail...
    Didn't lvl my IH until lvl 70 cause i didn't think it was used as a clerics main heal skill q_q and no one told me anything >.>

I MISS YOU 100K GOLD PRICES!!! b:heart

First Tw faction i joined was Triad lvl 77 or so
    Moved to Assault after Triad lost all it's land :O, I'm just a bish
    Left Assault after it died ._.
    applied to Tao once but didn't get excepted cause i didn't have a reference or some stupid shis like that (frack you Tao hate you)
    Joined a faction(Divinitus) with a couple a friends at lvl 90 <3
    Tried farming for my TT90 armor but got lazy so i bought everything x_x
    Applied to Enrage at lvl 95 and got excepted :D

And here i am now still learning, trying to become a super awesome cleric :O
  • DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear
    DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1st Generation here started after 21 days had fun @ early time was at AirRiders my starter guild then Legion then Enrage most fun part was at AirRiders was fun <3 that time BH's made people lazy hyper's made people lvl faster which lead to un exp people but old times was the best for sure i wish i knew tw a bit earlier cuz my 1st real war was at Legion 1st noob war with airriders against roadkill lol wow fun days now im 102 and wow i cant bleave i am 102 :D<3 HT and <3 Enrage and <3 my wife and hope she see this cuz it seem's she doesnt know that i do lol <3 sandyb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE BIRD OF THE HERMES IS MY NAME EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I started early on, I believe sometime in early September of 2008. So I'm Generation: 1.
    I came from Guild Wars, with a few close friends: which didn't manage to get past level 8 - before they got bored. They couldn't figure out the quest chains, -.-;.

When I first joined this game: Gold was only 90k each.
    There was no such things as Silver HP Charms, let alone golds or plats'.
    When I first joined this game: It was with a bunch of blundering noobs running around, and killing things - having fun.
    "whoops, I just got killed by a [incert plume intown boss name here]."
    Then, you hit: Go to town, and you didn't lose E.X.P. and ended up porting to the Tele Platform.
    I remember running into biscuiteater - on my cleric, helping with a fb 19 @ lvl 17.
    I remember once I hit level 20, running people's FB 19's... With Aosi, Nostaljah, and a few others.
    Shortly after: Running into Rule. I believe in my later 20's, He was 29 @ the time.

The Faction's I remember from back then are.
    Rad -> Finally lost their last lands this week. Has had thier up's and downs.,
    ViTaLiTy-> Not sure what happened to them.,
    Elysium-> split into RoC, and a few other factions. Has tried to rebuild in the past.,
    Evolution -> Ended up splitting into Tao w/several ex Rad members.,
    Avengers ->
    TheEmpire ->
    Cruxis -> Split into Scarlett,
    Blade -> Ended up doing a fail merger into Avengers. Which back-fired, and I regret.
    QuestSeek,
    Sinder -> Turned into Warlock @ a later Date.,
    Genesis -> ?,
    Honor-> ,
    Honorable-> ,
    Later on, RoC.

As in other past things...
    I remember when I first started playing, I put a turqoise shard in my weapon: a shabby. As soon as I figured out I could put gems in my armor and gear.

I remember blasting into TT 1-1 @ level 34 for the first time, and getting oogle-eye'd over the TT60 weapons. ZOMG, I thought that they where so pro.

At a later day: Rule/Aosi/Nos ended up chipping in for my TT60 weapon which was 2 socket with 1 flawless +2, which they gave me as a birthday gift. <3 Ty Guys if you're reading this.

I remember leveling doing some Zhenning, and quitting @ shortly after lvl 67. Spending hours, chit-chatting with my past friends. Rule/toker/Micah_Sengir(Ex)/LnA/AnL/Benan/ List goes on...

anyways, this post is blabbling.
    I hope everyone has a GREAT night, and take care.
    Curl in close, and remember what this game WAS...
    Not what it's become. ^^;
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Genesis -> ?,

My wizard is the only active member.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesis - Heavens Tear
    Aesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Gen 1 here..started within a few days of the server opening. A friend from another game told me about it, I hadn't even heard of it. Saw it was free so decided to give it a shot. Made at least 1 of every class, cause I wasn't sure what I wanted to play. There was one point in my wizard's 50s that I almost quit from being frustrated at it, but ended up sticking it out. Joined TheEmpire at 55 to try and get more involved with the big guilds of the game. First TW was the last lv3 land..Sanctuary.

Gets kinda hazy after that. I remember TE vs RoC fights, blaze ragequitting soon after, then the move to Legion. Got a few lands in the center of the map then couldn't get anywhere. Was good for a while and met some great people that I still talk to to this day, but eventually it went downhill and didn't recover.

Went back to TE for a day or two, quickly realized that wasn't what I wanted (b:shocked) then decided to join Evo with some friends. Got a few weeks there, met some more people and had some interesting TWs (assist BT). Didn't last long though, with internal stuff going on and whatnot. Tao had just been been made at this point (I still remember laughing when I saw ProsB4Hos) and after a night's discussion with Yunahh, decided to leave Evo and give Tao a try.

At this point I was about lv 90 and getting a bit frustrated at moving between guilds so much. Thankfully it started going better after the move. Getting that first land from Rad in our 'naked TW' felt pretty good. Eventually getting better and fighting Enrage..some of those were my favorites when we weren't sure who the victor would be. But after the leadership change it was never quite the same. Started playing
    Aib:shutupn about then, and my interest in PW just died off. --> Eventually booted for inactivity and still guildless 9 months later.

Never fully quit (as in uninstalled the game), but I hardly play these days either. Thought about playing some more cause I miss the TW scene a bit, but I dunno. My 'average' gear back when I first left (+4 TT90, +6 wep) is almost garbage these days compared to some. Not sure if I have the patience to go gear farming, nor am I going to charge a lot of zen to buy it. So not sure at this point..I just get on and run nein event. Getting close to lv98 though..hmm.

Did start a barb on RT server after being convinced by someone. So a friend and I have been playing there sometimes.

And thus my shortened pw history.
  • Tylana - Heavens Tear
    Tylana - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gen 1 here b:cute

>.< so many memories

" ooo i wna go zhenning! "

" 500k for a gold charm :O that's alot! "

" Green Glowy wep :O :O "

" :O i can auto nav nowz! "

hehe and many more b:chuckle

miss the old days, the low gold prices, getting into fun squads and learning an instance together, but can't say that this gen is really all that bad, i still play :P and HT always keeps me entertained, b:flower

Shout out to my old US fac peeps ^^ b:victory
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This would be my generation.

I played PW a year or two before PWI came out, on the malaysian version (<--- isn't malaysian but it was the only global version at the time). Then a new fresh company came out called ''perfect world entertainment'' and announced their first release: Perfect World International, a few months before closed beta.

I then proceeded to join the closed beta and spent most of my time flying and hanging around a bit until I met my first faction there (anybody remember Phoenix b:question).
    At that point I started levelling a bit with the 50 free gold we got in closed beta for charms, fashion, whatever (anybody else remember the Strider's Vestment being the hottest trend? b:laugh). Got myself to level 20 to wear my trial weapon and wear a strider's vestment, and then closed beta ended with their boss event.

I still remember that event as the best PWE ever put out.
    It started at Pierced Heart Lake where they spawned several (20-30) fb19 scorpion bosses and as a finale a special mob, looking sort of like gargantakong and level 75 I think (almost nobody got past 20 in CB).

The event then proceeded to Lost City where they spawned more fb19 bosses...
    ...only literally HUNDREDS of them, Lost was absolutely stuffed with scorpions, you could barely make out the players.

And we killed them. The grand finale: Mantavip Scout (or whatever they renamed it to now). A huge level 75 boss in the middle of Lost. All us lvl 20's crapped their pants that moment.

And we killed it.
    Heres some Screenies from that event. It was awesome + lagfest. xD

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2008-09-0112-24-15.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2008-09-0118-16-21.jpg

I miss the old days.
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2008-10-2317-01-19.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2008-10-2217-29-36.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2008-12-0820-02-44.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2008-12-2409-07-02.jpg
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/mistresstrisoma/2009-01-2920-38-54.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    does anyone still have copies of the maps that Hong n co edited to look like a RoC Shark having a 'certain something' of Rads put into its mouth?

gave me a chuckle all those months ago.
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Generation 3... Hyperstones in FF, Oracles, Tokens ... 400k+ gold prices... Triad? Whats that?

I hardly recall a orange faction on the map.. Radi something..

now where is that thing that gives rebirth things so you can do that again? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Celric - Heavens Tear
    Celric - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Year's have gone by.

Got Rice?
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gen 1..

Fishing to get money-to get charms- to Zhen. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    gen 1 too o.o

zhenning nightscream was not fun >.>
  • CRashX - Heavens Tear
    CRashX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:thanks gen 1
    http://i27.tinypic.com/rh5wrc.jpg
    now CrimsonX lvl 102b:shocked
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gen 1 - Buying gold hp charms for 300k ish was awesome!! Cheaper then buying pots. Zhenning on pirates .... afk clerics and archers and wizards..sigh....

Cheap gold...sigh...

working hard for gear..sigh..

b:bye
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gen 1 - Buying gold hp charms for 300k ish was awesome!! Cheaper then buying pots. Zhenning on pirates .... afk clerics and archers and wizards..sigh....

Cheap gold...sigh...

working hard for gear..sigh..

b:bye
    sighmoarplz
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiniDusk - Heavens Tear
    MiniDusk - Heavens Tear Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Somewhere between 1 and 2 since I started May of 2009. Now I'm just called the google of PWI since I know so damn much. b:laugh Yes, I'ma nerd. b:victory
    I remember when 14k+ was laughable for a tele. Gold was only 120k per. Zerogummi was god - wait he still is. b:laugh And my bm MiniFreak was so noob. I went to sell a lot of her lower gear and most of it wasn't even refined! Not even the two DQ armor pieces I had! lol Having anything that was TT gold was awesome, no matter what lvl. How do you stat a psy/sin again?! What was the forum link for that?! Are you SURE that's the gear you put on it?! Oh and fishing was HORRID! And let's not forget Krimmie's (UntamedFurey) famous, "So help me Mini if you look at ONE MORE guide on the forum for venos, I'm gonna KILL YOU!" line. hehehehehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_one_G - Heavens Tear
    Dark_one_G - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    generation 1 Homie!! b:laugh been here since it was a TE / RoC war and or evo and radiance , and i could pay 98k for a GLD :P and steppinwolf cape was sellin for mils lmao!
    i miss actually running fbs to see new stuff was fun :P and land was still unventured. and pk was u against the server not server powning ppl or hiding behind "stealth" but guess we all have to evolve to our new gen. PWI . Zhen was awesome fun too w/ the right group u could go for hours on end or till u made roc mad and they crashed the party lmao... n e ways yea its been a long fun road and im still checking out the new scenery (>.o) so see ya all in game ......
    _G_
  • Darksmiley - Heavens Tear
    Darksmiley - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gen 1 :) i think i started on November 1st 2008 O.o...
    Darksmiley - A.K.A PWI's old ****

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-
    I don't TW atm b:surrender

Shoulda rolled a PVP server -.-
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Generation 1... I started back at update 4 or 6... oct/nov... I dont miss gold being at 100k :P now I get much more money from my zen :D b:thanks
  • Selviant - Heavens Tear
    Selviant - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Generation 1 o.o I loved zhenning xD And omg when I hit level 60 it was sucha acomplishment I stayed the level for like two months on my veno. And Pk was fun back then too, I wasn't one shot cause someone cashopped their way above me. o_o''
  • Desi - Heavens Tear
    Desi - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    gen1. zhenning all my levels post 60, running fbs for nubs and scamming their molds to pay for my charms, dropping groups of scrubs with tempest, joining roc and fighting rad, farming a world boss 2-man with serjah until some nub let out the secret, **** tw, and quitting in style when i got bored*

fun times

*hacking clunker, stealing monies, creating drama, and being most wanted in pk
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    "and i almost survived that chi-less skill + demon spark so ROFL"

^ #1 at almost surviving. pro b:surrender
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    yeah but the "death squads" that got sent after us didn't really make much of a dent. we still zhenned white-named :|

2bad my comp died, it would've been fun to stick around for another couple weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ouka - Heavens Tear
    Ouka - Heavens Tear Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hahahahaha i remember when me blessing nemo sanosuke and zahara farmed nemo the first GX's on the server. was fun.

And I remember when Ese, hoshi, yunahh and I farmed you your GX's even though those where like the 1000th GX's on the server b:chuckle

Well my veno is Generation 1. I started her in September 08 first day of open beta.

My barb is G 3

the thing i miss most about the game was the low gold price and the higher value of tt mats.
    ouka - 101 HA veno - " Squeek, I'm A Fox!"

ouka__ - 103 vit barb- "Nom Nom I'm A Panda!"

People need to learn how to control their stupid
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    generation 1 all the way, the other 2 sucks

But I careless about gold trading, should of never existed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    but without gold trading the game would be even more off balance in favor of cash shoppers, not to mention they would be the only ones with charms b:chuckle
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    but without gold trading the game would be even more off balance in favor of cash shoppers, not to mention they would be the only ones with charms b:chuckle

maybe it would if it would be removed. But its too late since it is implemented already. But people still buy gold from other players no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Cielu - Heavens Tear
    Cielu - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I guess I'll be the first to say this :o I'm Generation 3~
    I don't mind saying that because I hated PW when I tried it 2 years ago.
    I decided to give it another chance & for some reason the whole
    atmosphere's different. And I love the Tideborn class.

Things were different when you guys started and they'll be
    different years from now. We can't all start at CB <3
    Anyways.. hello~
  • IVIistress - Heavens Tear
    IVIistress - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Gen 1.5 Gold was at 100k when I started.. there wasn't a lvl 101 on the server yet either.. RoC had just became Enrage.. I took a long hiatus due to Anni packs and Tideborns releasing and just returned a week ago and the difference is massive.. I've highly contemplated awaiting the release of FW to play a PWI game again due to the fact that it would seem all the cash-shop profit is going into creating that game.. And from the looks of it that's a tons of money so FW should be epic..
  • Max - Heavens Tear
    Max - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ...map was grey, Wargasm was lvl 50 spamming the world chat pking with TE members, TE tried for few weeks in a row to get on DWP XD
    finally they did, 1st land taken with BM Blaze as guild leader, later his rl gf logged on his acc swiched lead and changed her password.. blaze was sad heh.

Man i hated Wargasm >> All day long spamming in WC

1st Gen also, logged as soon OB started (how do u think i got the coolest name ever? lol b:chuckle) after 1 year in PWMY-EN, Oracle Server.
    My nick there was Kramos in case some1 reminds me lol

I was part of Blaze's old guild there (Which btw is a she, and the one that logged on her account was her almost husband... long story), ALL1ANCE, guild that we all left cause Blaze obviously..(another long story) and there is where i met my current RL fiancee, Jahara, and one of my best friends, Sinister.
    He dragged us to PWI just when we were hittin lvl 85 >>

I remember how frustrated i was when i find out that Blaze was here too! Lol
    Then i remember the long lines in FB29.. man it was packed with ppl xD

I miss being one of a few that knew where to farm medium mats and having Sanctuary and around all for me b:laugh

I remember the sensation of being one of the first gettin my hands on a Nakir's Judgment and being cool... for 3 hours at least b:chuckle

We founded a small guild call Akolytes, then anther called Black, then back to Ako, then i think we went to Roadkill, then Belial, tried for Rad, got a "no" from Aubz and i hate her since then, wandered around, been out of game for 6 months and now im back as Exec in Synesis, very very happy.

It makes me very sad to realize that a game this clean as it was at the beggining went so rotten cause hypers and uber lvling, and how it filled with kids that havent left the cradle...
    Today i met a lvl 102 barb....12 years old

It kills me.. i see Sins with uber gear and power, and after all the effort i put in the game seing how easy it turned for this kids fills me with frustration.

Some1 said that we dont celebrate anymore the becoming lvl 89, and its tru.
    I remember how big deal was in PWMY when u turned 59 and had access to ur best skill (being this one Heavens Flame, Glacial Spike, Tempest, etc).

I remember how nice was to see ur xp bar go from 100.0% after 3hs to a beautiful and perfect 0.0% and scream with all the air in ur lungs "DING SUCKERS!!!! DIIIIIINGGG!!!"

And everyone will say the better and nicer things to u, and u would feel cheered up, and like King Kong on cocaine!!

Now u get lucky if some1 even replies in guild chat :S

Dunno, i think that as we become "older" we stab more and more our memories as the good times, and we see this present as impure.

I certanly do, and for this I say

VIVA GEN 1!!
    Max - Synesis
    Sage Axe BM Lvl 89
    Heavens Tears Server b:cool

[SIGPIC]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/NightCrawler81/dethklok_render_bg-2.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Nobody seemed to have mentioned Fina, whom I believe was a girl.

She led Elysium, which was one of the most feared guilds back then simply because they had the highest level of every class except veno.

Speaking of which, did anyone mention *all* the major guilds back then were lead by girls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.