we want double drops too!

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Stop being greedy and say thank you.
    This.

Trust PW players to get a double xp event and complain about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide
    HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This.

Its what we do.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Its what we do.

It's what YOU may do, but not what EVERYONE might do.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This.

Duh. Because it's not giving them the money for 12x Hyper. b:laugh

EDIT: I'd tend to agree with Mr. Dark. 2x Drops + Jones Blessing would just be overkill. X_X
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No....just no....

Complain about blessings and Hypers --> Get blessings and now 2x exp

BUT NUUUUUUU....have to complain now about dble drops...

Zzzzzzz....no to dble drops...

Be happy with what they give you....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Duh. Because it's not giving them the money for 12x Hyper. b:laugh

EDIT: I'd tend to agree with Mr. Dark. 2x Drops + Jones Blessing would just be overkill. X_X

then pray they don't have 2x drops for another 1 1/2 years b:laugh
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    No....just no....

Complain about blessings and Hypers --> Get blessings and now 2x exp

BUT NUUUUUUU....have to complain now about dble drops...

Zzzzzzz....no to dble drops...

Be happy with what they give you....b:surrender

why won't pwi be back like in the old days ? b:cry

I careless for gold prices, because I prefer buying with irl money anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    why won't pwi be back like in the old days ? b:cry

I careless for gold prices, because I prefer buying with irl money anyways

Can you just get to level 50 for me pls.....b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vaktoth - Sanctuary
    Vaktoth - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Do you not understand?

+30 attack levels = roughly 30% more damage. Which means the effective drop rate over time has increased. You can kill more in a shorter amount of time. 2x compounds this.

Making 2x available to the game... might as well just shut the servers off and call it quits.

Some people just can't get enough freebies and whine when they don't get more.

People are so greedy and selfish.

It seems to me somewhat exclusive nirvana and endgame tt farmers/merchants are the greedy ones as 2x drops is a motivation for some competition that force a drop of their prices.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Can you just get to level 50 for me pls.....b:sweat

no
    10 chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• E_Ly - Dreamweaver
    E_Ly - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hey, hey, hey... Let's not get greedy here. Can't you just be happy with what you have ?? Obvious answer... But it would be nice if GMs decided to realize our request :)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    no
    10 chars

But she said pls... Umm, I mean, I'll vote for no too.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    But she said pls... Umm, I mean, I'll vote for no too.

I'm just messing around, lol. I'm just having fun while LVLing b:cute

Too bad maintenance up <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i wouldnt mind a rapture/uncanny pack tho b:avoid ahh greed is limitless b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Woodstock - Raging Tide
    Woodstock - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well imho anyone who is under level 30 is getting screwed on this one. Lower levels are going to have to give as much exp as possible to their genie otherwise they will outlevel their quests so fast they wont be able to get hardly any decent drops from their mobs.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It seems to me somewhat exclusive nirvana and endgame tt farmers/merchants are the greedy ones as 2x drops is a motivation for some competition that force a drop of their prices.

End gamers are the only ones who really benefit from 2x drops. Can you afford to shard and refine your gear from farming? Not likely. End-game mats are also the first prices that rebound as well. So what, Illusion Stone drops from 25m to 20-22m. Ghost Lord's Protection and Giant Beast Footprint from 12-14m to 10-12m. Uncannies drop from 700k to 600k, and Raptures 1.8m to perhaps 1.6m. GBA drops from 400-450k to 150k. Dust of Stars from 300k to 100k, Antenna from 400k to 125kish. Gold mats like Evil Minion's Shell from 2m to under 1m. All the lower HH's drop to 100k or less if you can actually sell them and many of the mats are NPCable.

Yeah, 2x is most fair to end-gamers. The only people really losing out are the ones who can't farm Nirvana or 3-3. All the lower HH's become relatively worthless for farming coin. Prices take a lot longer to recover as well.

So, who is more greedy? The 10x who says enough, or the <9x crowd who can barely scrape coin from a lower HH during 2x?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    actually i dont want 2x drops or 2x exp and sp because this will lead to people leveling even faster, unable to afford decent gear even more then they already did

i saw a 5x cleric in a bh39 run once that was stil using the fb19 3* wepb:surrender god im happy that i wasnt the tank in that run and was only doing the instance for the wep token quest on my sin
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    actually i dont want 2x drops or 2x exp and sp because this will lead to people leveling even faster, unable to afford decent gear even more then they already did

i saw a 5x cleric in a bh39 run once that was stil using the fb19 3* wepb:surrender god im happy that i wasnt the tank in that run and was only doing the instance for the wep token quest on my sin

Only if you're low enough. For example, at my level, no matter how much 2x they push to me, I won't be leveling fast. It just takes too much time from regular grinding, the 2x doesn't affect quests and Hypers out-do 2x by quite a bit.

Also, I appreciate the 2x Spirit, since I'm low on spirit.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited June 2010
    I'd just like to state, 2x exp or spirit really makes little difference to the game, leveling or the economy. If you hyper frost you don't get 2x the exp, but you get one bonus multiplier... if you're using 12x hyper, you get 13x exp/spirit total. This hardly has any effect on the higher level players but does make it easier for the newer players to grind up a few levels quite easily. I really see no issue with that. 2x exp and spirit greatly benefits the lower level users.

All the higher level people who want 2x is vastly different. Sure, it'll help them farm their 9x green armor relatively easy, however even before 2x drops, all you needed to do was start farming it when you hit 82-84, and by doing a run or three a day, even if you only got one mat at a time, you could easily have your 9x armor waiting for you when you turned 90. And then after learning all the runs and being able to do them faster would help you farm your refines. The only people with real troubles getting their 9x gear are those who just leveled too fast to make friends with people they could farm with or just can't be bothered actually wasting their time to form a regular HH farming party.

So the noob 9x players will get their 90 green easy, but instead of being able to afford tishas and shards from their unneeded drops, will either have to cash shop refines, sockets and shards or will have a full set of +1 or +2 armor which doesn't really cut it these days.

Honestly I don't particularly care all that much. I have no real need to keep the economy viable for the 7x-9x crowd since I'm past that. Hell, just turn on 2x full time, I'll still make my money when others are struggling to sell 100k green mats that used to sell for 1m. I'll farm the +11 and +12 on my weapon and the +7 on my gears while the newer players struggle to afford anything past +3 or +4. You always can cash shop orbs when you can't earn enough money in-game to buy them. b:bye
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    actually i think that a 2x drop out of instances would be great. it might revive grinding again.

but other than that, a 2x screws up the economy alot if it applies to everything.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    2x would defeat the purpose of jolly jones coin sink th_057_.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    2x would defeat the purpose of jolly jones coin sink th_057_.gif

Jones isn't a coin sink. Tokens are cheaper, who would use coins?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Vaktoth - Sanctuary
    Vaktoth - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    End gamers are the only ones who really benefit from 2x drops. Can you afford to shard and refine your gear from farming? Not likely. End-game mats are also the first prices that rebound as well. So what, Illusion Stone drops from 25m to 20-22m. Ghost Lord's Protection and Giant Beast Footprint from 12-14m to 10-12m. Uncannies drop from 700k to 600k, and Raptures 1.8m to perhaps 1.6m. GBA drops from 400-450k to 150k. Dust of Stars from 300k to 100k, Antenna from 400k to 125kish. Gold mats like Evil Minion's Shell from 2m to under 1m. All the lower HH's drop to 100k or less if you can actually sell them and many of the mats are NPCable.

Yeah, 2x is most fair to end-gamers. The only people really losing out are the ones who can't farm Nirvana or 3-3. All the lower HH's become relatively worthless for farming coin. Prices take a lot longer to recover as well.

So, who is more greedy? The 10x who says enough, or the <9x crowd who can barely scrape coin from a lower HH during 2x?

It's also good for <60 n00bs like the one quoting you who can't farm mat instances and has to either grind or cash shop to have good gear addecuate to his level and avoid being a patetic example like the following...

Just 2x xp and sp hardly affects bh'ers, oracle'rs or hyper'ers from a leveling or economic perspective as they already level up too fast, but if you don't do those and actually bother grinding for drops and what little reputation 1MAs give, the absence of 2x drops (EDIT: during the event) is like putting an additional 100% nerf to DQ value and non-quest reputation. Just to make myself clear, I consider levels a timeframe in which you must renew your gear or be quoted in examples like the one above or annonimously just die very frequently.

Of course there's always the option of leveling yet another genie or doing something suicidal like trying to kill Jewelscalen at level 50 with just one cleric backing you up, but it just becomes tiring sometimes and I don't think that's being greedy at all. The same logic applies to people trying to get the mats they need while 2x drops are on. I'd say they are somewhat lazy but not greedy. Ok, at most "cheap" if they don't want to pay 25 million for each mat to farmers/merchants and actually get 2, 3, maybe 4 of all that is needed in their runs IF they are lucky.

On a final note and back to the first quote... if that's the overall effect 2x drops have on mat prices with a bounce up and all, could somebody explaing why so many people say it renders such mats "worthless" or that it "crushes the economy"? It doesn't really look that bad and is actually great for those who might get some mats themselves.

And I mean explain, don't flame, please remember I'm level 50... I'm a noob! I'm a noob!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I'd just like to state, 2x exp or spirit really makes little difference to the game, leveling or the economy. If you hyper frost you don't get 2x the exp, but you get one bonus multiplier... if you're using 12x hyper, you get 13x exp/spirit total. This hardly has any effect on the higher level players but does make it easier for the newer players to grind up a few levels quite easily. I really see no issue with that. 2x exp and spirit greatly benefits the lower level users.

All the higher level people who want 2x is vastly different. Sure, it'll help them farm their 9x green armor relatively easy, however even before 2x drops, all you needed to do was start farming it when you hit 82-84, and by doing a run or three a day, even if you only got one mat at a time, you could easily have your 9x armor waiting for you when you turned 90. And then after learning all the runs and being able to do them faster would help you farm your refines. The only people with real troubles getting their 9x gear are those who just leveled too fast to make friends with people they could farm with or just can't be bothered actually wasting their time to form a regular HH farming party.

So the noob 9x players will get their 90 green easy, but instead of being able to afford tishas and shards from their unneeded drops, will either have to cash shop refines, sockets and shards or will have a full set of +1 or +2 armor which doesn't really cut it these days.

Honestly I don't particularly care all that much. I have no real need to keep the economy viable for the 7x-9x crowd since I'm past that. Hell, just turn on 2x full time, I'll still make my money when others are struggling to sell 100k green mats that used to sell for 1m. I'll farm the +11 and +12 on my weapon and the +7 on my gears while the newer players struggle to afford anything past +3 or +4. You always can cash shop orbs when you can't earn enough money in-game to buy them. b:bye

Bravo!! I agree here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited June 2010
    Yes, Rose, we usually do. b:dirty
    It's also good for <60 n00bs like the one quoting you who can't farm mat instances and has to either grind or cash shop to have good gear addecuate to his level and avoid being a patetic example like the following...

Yeah, I agree that 2x exp (as well as drops) do help out the lowbie players. I stated as much in an earlier thread. However, it does more harm than good. It's just not beneficial to 7x-9x players at all. Sure, they can farm their HH armor and weapons easier, but they can't easily use the proceeds from selling unneeded mats or from profit runs to refine or shard their gear. Honestly, it's kinda sad seeing a 9x player who can't make any money in-game. That keeps a lot of them from becoming factor end-gamers without having to spend a lot of cash.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Speak for yourself. "We" don't want double drops.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Yes, Rose, we usually do. b:dirty

Yeah, I agree that 2x exp (as well as drops) do help out the lowbie players. I stated as much in an earlier thread. However, it does more harm than good. It's just not beneficial to 7x-9x players at all. Sure, they can farm their HH armor and weapons easier, but they can't easily use the proceeds from selling unneeded mats or from profit runs to refine or shard their gear. Honestly, it's kinda sad seeing a 9x player who can't make any money in-game. That keeps a lot of them from becoming factor end-gamers without having to spend a lot of cash.

b:cute

Also, people need to get back into the game again instead of having things handed to them. Hell, I know 9x that have 7x gear because they are "waiting for the next double drops." The sad thing is, like Michael mentioned, had they run one HH a day starting around level 83 or so...they would have had their 9x gear and would have had more of an opportunity in 2x drops to farm for refines, shards, etc....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    We dont need it, nuf said. let the babies move on to another game if pwi is too hard for them

You do relize not everyone can afford to do Hyper FC runs right? not only that but some people dont like to quest much i perfer to grind over doing quests so this is a nice little bonus for people like me. so no not everyone who wants x2 exp and spirit is a baby and nope i wont move to another game i like the one im on im going to continue to play this game and play it the way that makes me happy and hope for more x2 exp and spirt b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I agree that 2x exp (as well as drops) do help out the lowbie players. I stated as much in an earlier thread. However, it does more harm than good. It's just not beneficial to 7x-9x players at all. Sure, they can farm their HH armor and weapons easier,

Speak for yourself. I found the 2x extremely useful, simply because it's "2x drops", not "2x healing power". I can't farm "HH", with or without 2x. Experience sucks. Drops suck. 2x still sucks, but not as much.

And even if I *could* farm "TT" I would still love 2x. I don't even WANT to be a trademutant anymore. I love low prices, and seriously don't care what people like you think about "the economy". Go play a trading game if that's what you want.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Speak for yourself. I found the 2x extremely useful, simply because it's "2x drops", not "2x healing power". I can't farm "HH", with or without 2x. Experience sucks. Drops suck. 2x still sucks, but not as much.

And even if I *could* farm "TT" I would still love 2x. I don't even WANT to be a trademutant anymore. I love low prices, and seriously don't care what people like you think about "the economy". Go play a trading game if that's what you want.

^ The "New Generation" of players thinking b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]