Fists & Claws break PWI ?

TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
BM - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9cf8fc7b6c35e203

Archer - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fb1f2bb217cf438e

Barb - http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=27ef25a17d147ff2

(Was lazy to put sin )

So using some random decent yet somewhat affordable end-game gears point is to prove how this should be called Perfect fist world now . All of these classes can pretty much do what the other does if we're to talk about tanking TTs & such , ofc though some can do more . They can all use same gears and and use claws while still being able to use their original weapons , exception being veno + mag weaps but it has it's bonuses .

So let's see the differences now :

BM - has fist/claw mastery and more str thus greatly increasing their effectiveness . You can even use DBB & cancel channel in order to get that nifty fire dmg bonus for 0 spark usage .

Archer - while the str is lower the dex is higher in order to wear ranged weaps like a lunar bow which also provides higher crit rate that can pretty much match up with the str dmg gained from the higher str that bms need for axes . Now we are left with fist mastery/DBB vs blazing arrow + other crit ailments that demon archer skills have . DPS should be somewhat lower than bms but not that much .

Barb - the str would be the same as bms in order to wear axes so all that would be left here is str of the tittans & poison fang vs fist mastery and DBB .

EDIT : my fault for never trying a private server or informing myself more about venos on this one :P , thus REMOVED !

So again I say , these builds are based on PVE that include high lvl instance clearing that could now be done by mostly any of these classes . This might make some wonder : " What's the point of having different classes if they can take each others role ? " .

/Discuss.
It's all about LoL,yo.
Post edited by TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    why pdef belt and necklace?
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Only thing that needs to be limited is the game-breaking 5 aps.

Anyone who looks at that and says its balanced and okay is delusional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knullruffs - Raging Tide
    Knullruffs - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    @Hhlolz, For the lionheart bonuses~

Fists are so OP not the actual BM class, every phys can be OP with all the pack gears + clawas..they shouldnt have made them so fast, not even slings probably has a bit less dmg then claws has that speed..
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Only thing that needs to be limited is the game-breaking 5 aps.

Anyone who looks at that and says its balanced and okay is delusional.

+1

I think 2.5 or 3 sounds more reasonable. And yes, it should be limited to BM's.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Don't focus too much on the gears , focus on the stats and what I've said , those gears are just an example & you could go with better or worst gears yet the point remains the same . All classes could wear same gears if you change them . Think of it combined with the bonus of what each class has to offer , skills like these : blazing arrow , fist mastery , trade str(dmg) for dex(crit) and vice versa , poison fang , str of the titans , fox form & weapon mastery .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Classes being able to reach 5APS does not break the game.

If you don't know how to deal with a close combat class, like stun N run or even popping genie skills to combat them then uninstall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't focus too much on the gears , focus on the stats and what I've said , those gears are just an example & you could go with better or worst gears yet the point remains the same . All classes could wear same gears if you change them . Think of it combined with the bonus of what each class has to offer , skills like these : blazing arrow , fist mastery , trade str(dmg) for dex(crit) and vice versa , poison fang , str of the titans , fox form & weapon mastery .

But It's the gear, if a veno wants to use swords (although that is stupid) it's their choice, the problem is obviously claws & fists, they are too fast, fast enough that you can perma demon spark a boss.

There is a rumour they will decrease max attack speed of fist anyhow.
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited May 2010

If you don't know how to deal with a close combat class, like stun N run or even popping genie skills to combat them then uninstall.

They're talking strictly PVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knullruffs - Raging Tide
    Knullruffs - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010

hes not just talking about pvp you know..and belive me, if your facing a good player with that speed, you might need some luck escaping from him, genies can do the trick with sealing/stunning/freezing~
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    So.. you want the bms to be only OP ones with 5 sec DPS? (+ asassins I guess, think you forgot to QQ about them as well)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalzor - Heavens Tear
    Baalzor - Heavens Tear Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    dont worry, fists and claws will be soon BM only so... no need to panic. in china they already did this so...expect this type of transition here as well =)
    http:// fr.xfire.com/video/36f4d6/
    RUBBERBAND \o/
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    dont worry, fists and claws will be soon BM only so... no need to panic. in china they already did this so...expect this type of transition here as well =)
    Really?

I expect massive QQing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If they make it where I can't use fists that pretty much takes away one of my motives for leveling higher. And the fun diversity/experimentation of the game.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    So.. you want the bms to be only OP ones with 5 sec DPS? (+ asassins I guess, think you forgot to QQ about them as well)

Don't get me wrong here , I'd hate playing a totally OP class ( wiz being my 1st character and I <3 it + we all know their not OP at all ) . I do think they should limit claws & fists only to bms but at the same time add a limit to the highest attack speed you could have . 5 attacks / sec is game breaking indeed .

And I didn't forget to QQ about sins , I was just lazy b:surrender , figure it out :P
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    But It's the gear, if a veno wants to use swords (although that is stupid) it's their choice, the problem is obviously claws & fists, they are too fast, fast enough that you can perma demon spark a boss.

There is a rumour they will cap max attack speed of fist anyhow.

Max speed of fists is already capped, at 5 attacks/second. If it wasn't:

This: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7c76f8178f952e45 should give you 6.66 attacks/second (10 attacks/second with demon spark, also ignore what it says, pwcalc gets glitchy here).

And this: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1884c96e1da31d4d would give you 10 attacks/second. Demon spark's speed increase wouldn't function. If you could squeeze one more -.05 interval out of the gear somehow, you'd hit 0.00 interval, which is infinite attacks/second (you'd probably take down the server you where on, via infinite loop.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010

This: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7c76f8178f952e45 should give you 6.66 attacks/second (10 attacks/second with demon spark, also ignore what it says, pwcalc gets glitchy here).

And this: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=1884c96e1da31d4d would give you 10 attacks/second. Demon spark's speed increase wouldn't function. If you could squeeze one more -.05 interval out of the gear somehow, you'd hit 0.00 interval, which is infinite attacks/second (you'd probably take down the server you where on, via infinite loop.)

And yet people still claim its fists that are broken. Give me a break. Its -Interval thats broken as you can clearly see. Interval being static gains rather then % means for any fast weapon they completely destroy balance, while being near worthless for slower weaponry. Rather then this dumb half-assed BM-only solution for fists, its Interval that should be adjusted to % so it helps all weaponry the same, just as -channel % helps all casting with equal gains in DPS.
  • Danikovich - Heavens Tear
    Danikovich - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Ok I meant DECREASE the max cap. Sorry
    Like they say in my country:
    When you are too smart, smartness eats you up.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't get me wrong here , I'd hate playing a totally OP class ( wiz being my 1st character and I <3 it + we all know their not OP at all ) .

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=636499541db88863
    All pieces +5. All 3 sockets with Perfect Garnets in them, we're looking at 8.2k physical defense, 9k magic attack, 4.5k life.
    With sage stone barrier, we're looking at 9k physical defense. With demon, we're looking at 10k.
    With HP buff, you have 5.8k life, but we're only talking about +5 refines that can be attained by using mirages.

Is that OP? I don't know.
  • Ddddddddssss - Dreamweaver
    Ddddddddssss - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010

pfft, everyone is saying this for months, it's not happening, i bet you. even the gm's who responded to tickets even said it's not going to happen.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pfft, everyone is saying this for months, it's not happening, i bet you. even the gm's who responded to tickets even said it's not going to happen.

fact is GM's say what the players want to know. or they simply dont know. but like Chienkun stone. noo they would NEVEr EVER be implemented they've said mnay times in the past. and they'r around now.

if they said yes they'r going to be class specific now, then would less charge gold and get the claw / tt100 fists as archers. so betetr wait money wise for them.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    fact is GM's say what the players want to know. or they simply dont know. but like Chienkun stone. noo they would NEVEr EVER be implemented they've said mnay times in the past. and they'r around now.

if they said yes they'r going to be class specific now, then would less charge gold and get the claw / tt100 fists as archers. so betetr wait money wise for them.

Lol building my archer just for that purpose... Friend now made a fist barb for lols, but it seems to be working out nicely.

It's funny before the packs fist bms were considered fail... lol now with -int gear ppl QQing how OP it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Veno(lol) - now this one can be the highest DPS class of them all though by using this build you'd basically be a melee veno and your magic will be incredibly weak ( need lvl 1 mag weap in order to use ) .Weapon mastery in fox form being 150%( not to mention the higher crit bonus ) on demon & 200% + a few free stats to add them however you like ( I just put str ) outmatches fist mastery dmg bonus and let's not forget pet DD as well as amp that cost's 0 sparks in order increase the total DPS even further . Let's not even mention about ironwood that you can still use with a lvl 1 mag weap & switch back to DD in fox .

You can't go in fox form wielding anything but magic weapons. Equipments are locked after you're in fox form so you can't go in fox form then swap out the weapon. Also, since you can't use fists/claws while in fox form, melee mastery will not apply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You can't go in fox form wielding anything but magic weapons. Equipments are locked after you're in fox form so you can't go in fox form then swap out the weapon. Also, since you can't use fists/claws while in fox form, melee mastery will not apply.

Thank you for that I was about to say that and the same goes for barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    edit: whoops maybe I said too much ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited May 2010

There's a popular exploit to get around that. I've been yelled at for explaining an exploit in the past so i wont say how to do it. But many know how to do it & do in fact do it.

Edit: Ninja'd by the explanation, well, at least i didnt say it b:laugh
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    b:avoid

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    This is what it actually looks like http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9023ca18c2bf0609
    b:laugh And yes Dark and Asperitas thats true but thats exploiting a bug and therefore shouldn't be considered in such a thing. b:bye its not fair to compare it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    b:avoid

/10char

Too late. I'm going to try it out now. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Too late. I'm going to try it out now. b:laugh

mmmmm good luck with that I guess...................you know how long it would take to break nirvana fists? Much less how much $$$$ it would take to repair them each time you log in. b:kiss b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    mmmmm good luck with that I guess...................you know how long it would take to break nirvana fists? Much less how much $$$$ it would take to repair them each time you log in. b:kiss b:surrender

I'm trying it on lvl 1 fists with 32 durability. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.