Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sage psy have aoe purify QQ
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    - LOL? You gave yourself the cleric's magic attack buff just to try and pretend your damage range is higher?

- And did you forget crit boots only add 2% crit? Yours add 3%. So no, you don't have more crit.

- Where are you getting the +49 def level you put on your cube necklace? You have 4 pieces of gear that can contain DEF LVL+2 stones, which need g13. With 3 sockets on each piece this results in 12 shards, or +24 DEF level. You also don't have enough nirvana pieces for any DEF level. Meaning you're full of **** and still only have 26 DEF lvl total, not 51.

You're just pathetic now. I didn't randomly add DEF lvl onto that necklace, genius. Come back when you don't have to fake your "advantages".

Ok I had 10 minutes before I left to work so yes this cleric buff I forgot turn off. Another thing. You right you need G13. Till I get rank 8 maybe will be rank 9 already. b:pleased So I will solve this problem later or I take lunar robe with -6% channeling and g.13.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And what about nirvana glaive/wand, to keep 10% chan, even if it would hit little less than rank8 if one socketed ; even if i dont know real numbers after pvp reduction, think it would be minimal difference.

After all Wiz need some chan, especially demon ones, to be able to use D.Pyro instead of pyro, with wellspring quaff on.

What weapon would you get kristoph, i'd like to know
    I'd go for the Rank8 or nirvana sword. 4% crit is more important to me than 10% channeling. There's only very few situations where shaving off 0.1-0.25 seconds off channeling time would help, where 4% crit can be devastating once it kicks in. And personally I find the difference between 14% and 18% (or 17% and 21% with demon masteries) pretty big.

I personally find channeling worthless unless you stack A LOT of it, and that means you're lacking in other area's. You have to give up a lot of survivability and sometimes crit to get a decent amount.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd go for the Rank8 or nirvana sword. 4% crit is more important to me than 10% channeling. There's only very few situations where shaving off 0.1-0.25 seconds off channeling time would help, where 4% crit can be devastating once it kicks in. And personally I find the difference between 14% and 18% (or 17% and 21% with demon masteries) pretty big.

I personally find channeling worthless unless you stack A LOT of it, and that means you're lacking in other area's. You have to give up a lot of survivability and sometimes crit to get a decent amount.

Maybe they will nerfe demon spark so faster channeling will be gone. What I heart rumors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Yeah maybe you right for sage wizards playstyle eg using 3 basic spells then sutra/ulti 4% crit is better. But look, for demons, with your build, and nirvana glaive/wand, you get -32 chan, which means -52 chan if you hit quaff (1 spark for 15 sec -20 chan) which means casting Dpyro and sandstorm in 1,2 sec, like pyrogram pre 89 which is decent. And build one spark is easy : 20 chi for Dpyro and GS, 15 chi for pyro/gush/SS/stone rain +30 chi/min with ele shell.

And you will somewhat compensate that crit loss with mastery crit.
    It's pretty obvious you can't have huge crit and chan at the same time, but your build+ -10%weapon seems to me a very good and balanced build for demon wiz : enough chan to use Dpyro and sandstorm all the time + glacial snare and w/e sometimes, good survivability and decent crit. Why did Elayne go for nirvana wand after all? :P
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hmm no comment on pvp aspect but pve really?

Where are wizzies better in pve?

TT? nah rarely people want wizzies, they prefer archers/psychics/sins.

Gamma/Delta? these days 2 archers is the norm, and a psychic (if pro) can function as the BM for stunning...

FC maybe? Idk, psys have way more AOEs that don't need sparks and higher DPS. DPH sucks for pve.

The reason? Wizzies have **** control skills and debuffs or buffs (except for Frostblade actually there's no other buff).

We are meant to do damage you say? We don't even have higher DPS than psychics. Actually we have lower DPS than any class except clerics and barbs, maybe some venos, and some BMs (particularly, the non-fist ones).

Where are we good at PVE?

Oh yeah, on some easier bhs (like bh59) we can function as backup cleric in case cleric drops out. b:laugh

I have wizards solo heal for me in ALL of 2-3, that is ok, now the wizards are getting sage morning dew so should even be easier.

Today i did a fb99 with a cleric and 2 wizards, after cleric died to an aoe or something wizards healed me fine no worries.

Wizards have a pretty good spammable debuff that will help all other magic classes including other wizards venos pshchics do dmg.

These are some reasons wizards might be welcome in a squad, and dmg difference i'm sure its not that large between phschic / wizard, and DPH is important in PVE. Doing a lot of dmg at the right time, like during HF increases efficiency greatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah maybe you right for sage wizards playstyle eg using 3 basic spells then sutra/ulti 4% crit is better. But look, for demons, with your build, and nirvana glaive/wand, you get -32 chan, which means -52 chan if you hit quaff (1 spark for 15 sec -20 chan) which means casting Dpyro and sandstorm in 1,2 sec, like pyrogram pre 89 which is decent. And build one spark is easy : 20 chi for Dpyro and GS, 15 chi for pyro/gush/SS/stone rain +30 chi/min with ele shell.

And you will somewhat compensate that crit loss with mastery crit.
    It's pretty obvious you can't have huge crit and chan at the same time, but your build+ -10%weapon seems to me a very good and balanced build for demon wiz : enough chan to use Dpyro and sandstorm all the time + glacial snare and w/e sometimes, good survivability and decent crit. Why did Elayne go for nirvana wand after all? :P
    Or you can stick to -22%. -42% with Quaff but an extra 4% to crit... which would be around 21% with the build I posted. Sandstorm/DPyro would still cast in 1.45 seconds, which is like (non-demon) pyrogram.

I'd most likely still end up going for the crit.
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ummm, lets see

so sage/demon earth vector will use 655....that "good point" is now void

How do you know?

You tried chinese version of PW or what?

I compared sage mountain's seize [50% to cast with only 1 spark] with earth vector [which is casted with only 1 spark]

And YES I play psihic too,psihics really bored me so I focused more on my wiz

And yea sorry if my english confused you b:bye
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Or you can stick to -22%. -42% with Quaff but an extra 4% to crit... which would be around 21% with the build I posted. Sandstorm/DPyro would still cast in 1.45 seconds, which is like (non-demon) pyrogram.

Yes, personal preference i would say. Anyway rank8 is teh sh.tz now to have LOL
    edited May 2010
    Options

You can have both -channeling and critical in pretty balanced layer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You can have both -channeling and critical in pretty balanced layer.
    But channeling will merely be an extra... to get a good amount of it you'll **** up your char or sacrifice a lot of crit.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    But channeling will merely be an extra... to get a good amount of it you'll **** up your char or sacrifice a lot of crit.

Where you have to sacrifice a lot of crit?
    rings- at least 6% ans (- 12% channeling)
    Boots- 2%
    Weapon- at least 4% (you can choose here channeling or extra critic)
    Warsong belt -1%
    Tome - 1,2, or 3%
    sleeves - just channeling
    Robe -max 1% critic
    helm - 1%

I don't see anywhere big sacrificing critical instead of channeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Where you have to sacrifice a lot of crit?
    rings- at least 6% ans (- 12% channeling)
    Boots- 2%
    Weapon- at least 4% (you can choose here channeling or extra critic)
    Warsong belt -1%
    Tome - 1,2, or 3%
    sleeves - just channeling
    Robe -max 1% critic
    helm - 1%

I don't see anywhere big sacrificing critical instead of channeling.
    Because you're listing gear that adds crit? Try getting 40% channeling without ruining your crit, not counting wellspring. And really, 40% isn't even a lot...
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Me lol'd
    /10 char

You're basically saying 40% crit is not necessarily favorable to 1% crit. I mean hey, you can crit with 1% too.
    No I mean as in "exactly" the EXACT statistical effect it has. It's non-measurable. Of course, if you compare crit with crit, it's easy. 12% > 10% after all. But compare crit with some other STAT.

Preference you say?
    Preference is not objective measurement. There is none. That's what I meant. b:surrender

Unless, of course, you go for the statistical average damage. Then, it's easy to measure crit with increased damage. Unfortunately, you can't measure the "spike effect".

EDIT: here's a clarification. Suppose you have to choose between +2% crit and +2% damage. The former gets you more chances to get spike, the latter gives you more average damage, and more damage when you DO crit, even though the chances are lower.

Can you measure this, exactly? Statistically, yes you can, both are the same. But you don't take the spike effect, and as you can see, BOTH can be useful. The former, when you need spikes more often. The latter, when you just HAVE to crit, for whatever low chances, with a HIGHER damage, to take someone down.

Hope I made myself a little bit more clear.
    I have wizards solo heal for me in ALL of 2-3, that is ok, now the wizards are getting sage morning dew so should even be easier.

Today i did a fb99 with a cleric and 2 wizards, after cleric died to an aoe or something wizards healed me fine no worries.

Wizards have a pretty good spammable debuff that will help all other magic classes including other wizards venos pshchics do dmg.

These are some reasons wizards might be welcome in a squad, and dmg difference i'm sure its not that large between phschic / wizard, and DPH is important in PVE. Doing a lot of dmg at the right time, like during HF increases efficiency greatly.
    Thanks for outlining some facts. I stand corrected in those points. b:victory
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No I mean as in "exactly" the EXACT statistical effect it has. It's non-measurable. Of course, if you compare crit with crit, it's easy. 12% > 10% after all. But compare crit with some other STAT.

Preference you say?
    Preference is not objective measurement. There is none. That's what I meant. b:surrender

Unless, of course, you go for the statistical average damage. Then, it's easy to measure crit with increased damage. Unfortunately, you can't measure the "spike effect".

EDIT: here's a clarification. Suppose you have to choose between +2% crit and +2% damage. The former gets you more chances to get spike, the latter gives you more average damage, and more damage when you DO crit, even though the chances are lower.

Can you measure this, exactly? Statistically, yes you can, both are the same. But you don't take the spike effect, and as you can see, BOTH can be useful. The former, when you need spikes more often. The latter, when you just HAVE to crit, for whatever low chances, with a HIGHER damage, to take someone down.

Hope I made myself a little bit more clear.

Thanks for outlining some facts. I stand corrected in those points. b:victory

In your post, you did not make that parameter clear.

Btw, even an increase in 5% crit is HUGE. An extra 2% crit is not to be laughed off either, and it's not hard to stack crit when most of the crit gear you would get are event anyway (i.e. event boots).

Statistically, crits actually seem to occur a lot more often than "2%" seems to imply. I started wearing the attendance 70 ring on a BH, and I critted quite frequently at 4% crit.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Except, I do not believe undine strike reduces wood defenses.

Blazing Scarab have fire damage DoT. If veno uses this skill when boss is undined, every tick will have inceased damage, even after Undine effect wears off.

I tested it yesterday on FC bosses with Pitfall :P
    Packs World International
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Blazing Scarab have fire damage DoT. If veno uses this skill when boss is undined, every tick will have inceased damage, even after Undine effect wears off.

I tested it yesterday on FC bosses with Pitfall :P

its low difference like wizz buffed fist bm +dmg after udine.
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because you're listing gear that adds crit? Try getting 40% channeling without ruining your crit, not counting wellspring. And really, 40% isn't even a lot...

Sadly, there aren't enough good gear with both chan and survivability addons. And dev should fix chan especially in tomes, i mean wtf only 1%chan for a tome worth 150mil, it should be at least 6% considering there is -0.05 interval with it.

A good alternative is to be demon for extra pdef to be able to sacrifice some survivability gear for chan (example cape), extra crit to sacrifice some crit for chan, and stack this chan with their skills, therefore having nice chan, crit, and pdef, optimizing the mage's gameplay with a good synergy. http://www.pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=f174a575930b801b => fixed and cheaper mumintroll's build with 39%chan 18%crit 8214 pdef with +10 orn, for hp depends on refines and shards. For def lvl, well anyway this kind of sharding seems a little costly.

If not, you can't rely on the overnerfed chan gear (compared to awesome -int gear) to have good chan, crit etc... except if dev fix it eg it will never happen.
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    With the talk lately about how wizards are being overshadowed by the new psychic class and other such things, Along with the amount of bh and Hyper noobs
    Are mages still a class that ppl revere at endgame

ANd im not asking about our power at endgame yea im sure were still feared but do ppl still stop and know when they see a mage thats 1xx that person is good, or do they just go
    eh another noober.
    DIscuss pls

When I see a wiz, I am usually respectful, because a non-to-low cash shopper wiz is usually patient and knows how to play their character. But this goes for every class.

To me it seems that there are too many lvl100 cash shoppers who oracled and hyperstoned to 100 trying to tell us mid-levels who dont spend a lot of money on the game (and so actually know how to play) that we're n00bs just because we're lower level.

I mean, when you see someone in glowing armor, is it because they know the good effects of sharding, or because they like the glow?

But I think with wizzies that are high level, more often than not, they know what they are doing. It takes patience to roll a wiz.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Statistically, crits actually seem to occur a lot more often than "2%" seems to imply. I started wearing the attendance 70 ring on a BH, and I critted quite frequently at 4% crit.
    I can confirm that. The only crit gear I have right now is attendance ring, and I crit way more often than 3 times out of 100. Way more often.

Can't say, however, that this was planned by the devs. The random generator might not be uniform.
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can confirm that. The only crit gear I have right now is attendance ring, and I crit way more often than 3 times out of 100. Way more often.

Can't say, however, that this was planned by the devs. The random generator might not be uniform.

SSSSSHH!!! <.<=>.> Don't let the programmers hear u!!!
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    With all the abundance of bugs and glitches in this game I doubt a proper random number generator is what they'll care for. (it's not easy to make an efficient one either)

By "efficient" I mean one that doesn't have a huge spread or bias towards certain points. Well I don't know how to explain it easier because it's a bit more complicated than this.

Keep in mind that true randomness does not exist, it's simply "pseudo" randomness that can be influenced from more sources. Usually it's just a number seed as the source, but more professional ones also use temperature and other sensors to "affect" the seed and output.

(problem with those is that they're unreliable)

sorry for off-topic
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    totally agree.
    there have been times when I critted like hell ... and times when I haven't seen crits if my life would depend on it.
    And you know what else ? prolly it's just me, but I think it depends on login session.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    totally agree.
    there have been times when I critted like hell ... and times when I haven't seen crits if my life would depend on it.
    And you know what else ? prolly it's just me, but I think it depends on login session.

Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ummm, lets see

so sage/demon earth vector will use 655....that "good point" is now void

How do you know?

You tried chinese version of PW or what?

I compared sage mountain's seize [50% to cast with only 1 spark] with earth vector [which is casted with only 1 spark]

And YES I play psihic too,psihics really bored me so I focused more on my wiz

And yea sorry if my english confused you b:bye
    because both skills are pretty much the same. Earth Vector is just a nerfed version of mountain seize that uses the same mana.
    When I see a wiz, I am usually respectful, because a non-to-low cash shopper wiz is usually patient and knows how to play their character. But this goes for every class.

To me it seems that there are too many lvl100 cash shoppers who oracled and hyperstoned to 100 trying to tell us mid-levels who dont spend a lot of money on the game (and so actually know how to play) that we're n00bs just because we're lower level.

I mean, when you see someone in glowing armor, is it because they know the good effects of sharding, or because they like the glow?

But I think with wizzies that are high level, more often than not, they know what they are doing. It takes patience to roll a wiz.

Most of the lvl 100s on the forums(besides specialmats) have been 100 before hyperstones even came out or even before the first set of anni packs came out. Its true level doesnt mean much now, but dont apply that to everyone.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol, true.
    Actually I still have to use hypers...don't even know exactly how to do it.
    Bought one once, I thought it's enough...lol...Put it in bank, it's rotting in there :)
    and Oracles....hmmm...I think I bought about 1.5 mil worth once, I was lvl 94 and 97%. Needed the 3% to equip the lunar stuff.
    The rest .... grind at the beginning, then dailies and cube since lvl 90.

lvl now means nothing...really nothing.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xiral - Harshlands
    Xiral - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So far playing a wizard is challenging. I have a 71 bm and a 71 sin. It is not to say it is more challenging than playing a different class. Its just a different kind of challenge. As a wizard I have to pay far more attention to my surroundings and I have to react more quickly to situations as they occur.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    because both skills are pretty much the same. Earth Vector is just a nerfed version of mountain seize that uses the same mana.
    Indeed but the thing that makes it so useful is the fast channeling & casting, not the mana or damage which is just the extra. I agree that it would burn up mana much faster.

After all, it's the stun that's important with those spells. Even for a wizard I mean. (unless you have to deal earth AOE damage, like say, on the water waves in rebirth)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol, true.
    Actually I still have to use hypers...don't even know exactly how to do it.
    Bought one once, I thought it's enough...lol...Put it in bank, it's rotting in there :)
    and Oracles....hmmm...I think I bought about 1.5 mil worth once, I was lvl 94 and 97%. Needed the 3% to equip the lunar stuff.
    The rest .... grind at the beginning, then dailies and cube since lvl 90.

lvl now means nothing...really nothing.
    lemme buy those hypers off ya.
    Indeed but the thing that makes it so useful is the fast channeling & casting, not the mana or damage which is just the extra. I agree that it would burn up mana much faster.

After all, it's the stun that's important with those spells. Even for a wizard I mean. (unless you have to deal earth AOE damage, like say, on the water waves in rebirth)

i still rather have my MS because 95% chance to stun > 85% chance to stun.

Most of psychic skills are just nerfed version of wizards skills. What makes a psychic unique is their buffs which are nonfactor without enough soulforce and if you level it.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i still rather have my MS because 95% chance to stun > 85% chance to stun.

Most of psychic skills are just nerfed version of wizards skills. What makes a psychic unique is their buffs which are nonfactor without enough soulforce and if you level it.

You're crazy if you'd take MS over earth vector.. The only reason I ever use MS is for the stun.. and getting it off in 2 seconds rather than 6.4 seconds (before channeling bonuses) is WAY more valuable than 85 -> 95% chance to stun. Not to mention it only takes one spark, and the cooldown is 10 seconds less.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]