edited May 2010
    Options
    200+ unhappy players and counting...
    +1 me ... (10 chars)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    icejamin loves pwi management and boutique items.

I dont love or hate them. I agree with some of their implementations, and disagree with others. In this case, I think PW is trying to answer the player concerns about the economy by trying to create a "proactive coins sink", meaning, a way to reduce the future amount of coins available in game.

Obviously they are not going to change the chance to win 10million coins in exchange for some RL money, so they have to off-set those coins somewhere else, and the answer they came up with was to reduce the value of DQ items.

Will it work? I have no idea, only time will tell.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • migalia
    migalia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i grind dq to pay for skill and can actually get enough in a couple days to afford something. reducing their sell price is as above just making it difficult fo f2p players. ever since the americans bought out the game it's all greed.
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I did over a year ago b:laugh Now I just jump rooftops in ADC and browse the forums b:cute

Same here, I stopped spending real money since September last year. And reading forums more and more in my leisure time...
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I believe in sharing. My momma always told me that sharing is caring. Competition is good. Good for buyers that is. And to prevent merchants from getting too greedy with what they charge. So I understand your feelings.. Tissue? RoidAbuse...?

I don't know what to make of this whole DQ price reduction. On the one hand, I feel for all those that actually grind DQs to make coins. On the other, I feel the market will sort itself out in the long run to reach an equilibrium.

LOL, why you show this kind of offensive reaction if it's not your main. Well your so-far reaction and description exactly match RoidAbuse. Understand my feeling? Market will sort? You're a brilliant copycat, lol. Tissue? It's for someone like you, Roid, who plays the game as if it's your life. Tissue is for you who tries to hide behind an alt BUT you were caught. Sharing is caring? Competition is good? LOL, that happens after you've managed to earn billion coins. What a nice touch right there. I only have a single PC and account and never keep my catshop for as long as you do. That means I pay less electricity bill and less pc depreciation cost, yet I manage to earn as much as you do, well probably a bit less, lol.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=migalia;8018792]ever since the americans bought out the game it's all greed.[/QUOTE]

When you are posting about a problem, it helps if you keep the information you use correct.

Let me help you:

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/aboutus

And here is the first paragraph:

"A subsidiary of Perfect World Beijing, Perfect World Entertainment is a leader in publishing and operating massively multiplayer online games. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Redwood City, Calif., Perfect World Entertainment is bringing the pinnacle of online gaming to North American and international audiences."

The "americans" did not buy out the game, the game is owned by the chinese parent company.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This thread is hereby dubbed the official thread for talking about this issue. Please don't get too hot-headed in here, mk?

I'm also a tad upset by this...but remember, it's the dev's, not the GM's...don't give 'em too much hate, please?

b:cute

Not the GMs fault no, but is it possible for u guys to explain the devs how stupied this is. Cuz fien ppl NEED to buy their cash items now -.- but then i ask "why is this a censored children friendly game" Like the kids can play like this lol, only ppl with their own money can, and many don't wanna spent real money on a game, cuz its really only a game.

As a side note inflation is only partly caused by the devs (no they r not helpign with all their anni-wannabe-packs every time the old anni-wannabe-pack has goen out of sale).

The other part is the players on pwi, and the fastest way to bring gold down, is if ppl deny to buy gold at 400k and if ppl selling it stop being so greedy, but they have to or they won't have enough gain to buy anything -.-
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont love or hate them. I agree with some of their implementations, and disagree with others. In this case, I think PW is trying to answer the player concerns about the economy by trying to create a "proactive coins sink", meaning, a way to reduce the future amount of coins available in game.

Obviously they are not going to change the chance to win 10million coins in exchange for come RL money, so they have to off-set those coins somewhere else, and the answer they came up with was to reduce the value of DQ items.

Will it work? I have no idea, only time will tell.

I think the main problem with this change, and at least the problem i have with it, is that a lot of the coins i made from selling dq items went into leveling skills, since quest rewards alone don't cover the costs of higher levels (980k+ for lvl 10 of some). As a result, it's perceived as hurting the ability to play the game, as it does, to a degree, make it harder to do things such as level skills. And when leveling skills, the coins disappear from game, so using dq profits for that purpose at least doesn't increase the number of coins in a given server.
  • DawnRazor - Lost City
    DawnRazor - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This thread is hereby dubbed the official thread for talking about this issue. Please don't get too hot-headed in here, mk?

I'm also a tad upset by this...but remember, it's the dev's, not the GM's...don't give 'em too much hate, please?

b:cute

I sincerely doubt the dev's would even think about this issue in the slightest, this is being done at the instigation of whoever oversees revenue for PWI, the same people who brought out the daily anniversary I'm a greedy **** milking kids pocket money packs. Most coders, gamers, and even GM's prime consideration is for the the game they are in to be fun, fair and long lasting. I have bought tons of in game cash over my time on many games, and most of the servers no longer exist, as the companies running them killed them by being over greedy on cash shop usage. Each server may have a handful of people dumb enough to spend ridiculous amounts of real life cash on a game, but at the rate it's going most sane players are gonna stick two fingers up at PWI and walk away. I fear that dropping DQ item value in game will be the last straw for most. A lot enjoy this game, we all do, and PWI forgets it has 1 main vulnerability, private servers. People aint gonna play here where they are being forced to cash shop to get anywhere, as they can't cover grind costs in game, when they can go elsewhere, and play the same game for free, and sample the gear they could never hope to ever own on here, grade 16,17 and 18 gear +12 etc.
  • Seirura - Heavens Tear
    Seirura - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry guys, I think its my fault... I been grinding for the past week and gotten 1.2 mil in 2 hours b:sad I'm sorry I don't use my real money to buy gold so i grind for it and I think i made pwi mad b:cry i'm soooo sorry!!!!! now we are all going to be POOR!!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think the main problem with this change, and at least the problem i have with it, is that a lot of the coins i made from selling dq items went into leveling skills, since quest rewards alone don't cover the costs of higher levels (980k+ for lvl 10 of some). As a result, it's perceived as hurting the ability to play the game, as it does, to a degree, make it harder to do things such as level skills. And when leveling skills, the coins disappear from game, so using dq profits for that purpose at least doesn't increase the number of coins in a given server.

That is where most of my coins go to as well.. well and fashion... which means to another player's pocket.

This will make getting skills harder, but it should make get fashion cheaper.... dang... I really did not need to figure out it may be cheaper to get fashion....
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry guys, I think its my fault... I been grinding for the past week and gotten 1.2 mil in 2 hours b:sad I'm sorry I don't use my real money to buy gold so i grind for it and I think i made pwi mad b:cry i'm soooo sorry!!!!! now we are all going to be POOR!!

Usually the only things I got after grinding for two hours were a headache and the urge to kill someone.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Usually the only things I got after grinding for two hours were a headache and the urge to kill someone.

I did too.. until I unlocked unicorn forest o.o;;;

Then realized that the past grinding isn't so bad. At least people are willing to team up with you and will usually leave your mobs alone.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

let me know where u grind cause i grinded 2 hours also and made only 450k on my wf after repair
    let me know where u grinded cause i grinded 2 hours also and mad eonly 130k on my psy after potions and repair
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • DawnRazor - Lost City
    DawnRazor - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That is where most of my coins go to as well.. well and fashion... which means to another player's pocket.

This will make getting skills harder, but it should make get fashion cheaper.... dang... I really did not need to figure out it may be cheaper to get fashion....

Problem is people's priorities.
    People need to realise that can't kill someone with fashion, and no a dress aint worth $20 of irl cash, go get drunk instead you fools, watch a movie buy a dvd etc.b:laugh

So yep basically it will make the irelevant **** in game cheaper, but ruin the game play to a degree for non cash shoppers, biggest fail since silvermane in cash shop, and anniversary packs.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I did too.. until I unlocked unicorn forest o.o;;;

Then realized that the past grinding isn't so bad. At least people are willing to team up with you and will usually leave your mobs alone.

QQ I never got that far. I tried grinding on oht map 1, but I quickly realized that it just wasn't going to work out.
  • Barbarian - Dreamweaver
    Barbarian - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oyamajio wrote: »
    LOL, why you show this kind of offensive reaction if it's not your main. Well your so-far reaction and description exactly match RoidAbuse. Understand my feeling? Market will sort? You're a brilliant copycat, lol. Tissue? It's for someone like you, Roid, who plays the game as if it's your life. Tissue is for you who tries to hide behind an alt BUT you were caught. Sharing is caring? Competition is good? LOL, that happens after you've managed to earn billion coins. What a nice touch right there. I only have a single PC and account and never keep my catshop for as long as you do. That means I pay less electricity bill and less pc depreciation cost, yet I manage to earn as much as you do, well probably a bit less, lol.

I'm a full time college student who dorms. Electricity is free. My catshop is set up on a PoS laptop from years ago. It can't depreciate anymore than it already has. Playing as if it's my life? No, my education comes first. I afk mostly when I'm on and study and do school related work. Only playing here and there during weekends. But hey, it's good to have a fan.

Time to go back to studying for finals. b:cry
    EQ Goal:
    G15 Nirvana Weapon ACHIEVED!
    Refines +12 ACHIEVED!
    Reroll for Adv. zerk.
    G12 Amber
    G12 Garnet
    Full Nirvana Lunar Armor set
    Armor Pieces (0/6)
    Uncanny needed for G15 (0/1500)
    Tome Scroll (0/1)
    Vit Stones needed assuming 3 sockets per Armor Pieces (0/18)
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    QQ I never got that far. I tried grinding on oht map 1, but I quickly realized that it just wasn't going to work out.

In OHT I made a ton of coins from grinding the Array Sentry near Blackhole.

But that quickly became over populated with venos. So i had to pick up my grind spot and move it somewhere else. Never have found a decent spot until I went to Unicorn forest. Easily training pets there only thing I hate is the 2 hour time limit =/
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I spent an hour and a half at various times in City of the Lost during Friday and Saturday. Supposedly those 2 days were the peak usage times for players.

I counted 4, read them FOUR, newbies running around on Friday and 8 newbies on Saturday. I don't know how many of those were alts with higher level mains.

Look at the market. There are more sellers than buyers out there.

There aren't enough new players coming in to take up the slack and the company is implementing stuffs to discourage new players. This becomes a barrier to entry because when they find they can't get enough coins during their lower levels to do anything, they're just going to give up the game before they even give it a decent try. I don't understand the rational. What are the devs in China smoking? Nuclear tainted grass?

Come on GMs please do something. Talk to the devs, shoot them, strangle them or hang them but please, get them to listen. This may be the straw that's going to break the camel's back.

Or is this intentional? Drive players away from this game so they will go play the company's new games?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • LronMan - Archosaur
    LronMan - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well there goes my incomeb:sad GJ PWEb:victory Keep **** up like this and your business will be less then PW-MY...merge all the servers together just to have a decent population of people in the future at this rateb:cute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Problem is people's priorities.
    People need to realise that can't kill someone with fashion, and no a dress aint worth $20 of irl cash, go get drunk instead you fools, watch a movie buy a dvd etc.b:laugh

My priorities are about right. I play for fun, and part of the fun is the fashion. My gear is up to level, I have a good weapon, good pets, I can do most things I want to do, so I do not see a problem enjoying the ability to spend some coins on a new dress.

I think a dress is worth a couple of hours grinding, since I have to grind anyway to level my pets up....

Unfortunatly, I cannot use in-game coins to buy beer..... mmm... maybe you are onto something.... the next PW coin sink!!!
  • Darkspeed - Sanctuary
    Darkspeed - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't really care for DQ, it was never there for making money anyway, its there for people who wish to do the dragon quests!

You want to make money from it, sell it to the lazy's!!

I make my money from farming mats & selling to the lazy's!!
    4 hours a day farming nets me a couple of mill!!
    And the price's are low on all mats, but people with sense still make a lot of money out of them!!

Now all you people that are really bothered over the lowered price of DQ, simply stop selling it the NPC & trade it with buyer & sellers or setup your own cat shop instead!!!
  • Seirura - Heavens Tear
    Seirura - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow... I grind with Herc ,I put all my coins in banker and sell every drop I get and my repairs are less then 5k, No pots at all I use nature grace, very boring but... pays for everything I own but now Pwi is taking it all way from me!
    edited May 2010
    Options

Drive players away from this game so they will go play the company's new games?

Possible. Why care about PWI anymore when a new game was just released yesterday and another new one is set to release sometime this year? Of course, both will more than likely follow is PWI's footsteps, but PWE will just make new games to replace them.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm a full time college student who dorms. Electricity is free. My catshop is set up on a PoS laptop from years ago. It can't depreciate anymore than it already has. Playing as if it's my life? No, my education comes first. I afk mostly when I'm on and study and do school related work. Only playing here and there during weekends. But hey, it's good to have a fan.

Time to go back to studying for finals. b:cry

It's not free. It's computed together with dorm bill, and for the worse part it contributes to global warming, lol. Good to hear that you're not playing it as if it's your life.
  • sakuradaidouji
    sakuradaidouji Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I saw this coming the moment they did 2x drops. TT mats dropped in price, and those were the best money makers. but it started even before that... the Mysterious Merchant. some of the molds used to cost well over 10 million, but now, with how they changed the amount of chips needed for certain molds, they've gone down in price. DQ is just another one added to it. the elimination of the FCC not dropping mats is another way to basically force you to buy the Packs, since thats mostly the only place to find Frost weapons now. oh sure, that dungeon has that pack when you finish it, but its not at all reliable. sad really...
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I spent an hour and a half at various times in City of the Lost during Friday and Saturday. Supposedly those 2 days were the peak usage times for players.

I counted 4, read them FOUR, newbies running around on Friday and 8 newbies on Saturday. I don't know how many of those were alts with higher level mains.

Look at the market. There are more sellers than buyers out there.

There aren't enough new players coming in to take up the slack and the company is implementing stuffs to discourage new players by setting up another barrier to entry. I don't understand the rational. What are the devs in China smoking? Nuclear tainted grass?

Come on GMs please do something. Talk to the devs, shoot them, strangle them or hang them but please, get them to listen. This may be the straw that's going to break the camel's back.

Or is this intentional? Drive players away from this game so they will go play the company's new games?

Second this. This is exactly the point I was trying to make on my previous post. More barrier for new intakes or new players. Without new players, pwi is just losing in the long run....

You can't keep milking from your old players, 'cos there are more people retiring than new ones coming to this game..

Why does it concern current community? It concerns us because this is MMO, without people, there is no point on playing....
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't really care for DQ, it was never there for making money anyway, its there for people who wish to do the dragon quests!

You want to make money from it sell it to the lazy's!!

I make my money from farming mats & selling to the lazy's!!
    4 hours a day farming nets me a couple of mill!!
    And the price's are low on all mats, but people with sense still make a lot of money out of them!!

Now all you people that are really bothered over the lowered price of DQ, simply stop selling it the NPC & trade it with buyer & sellers or setup your own cat shop instead!!!

that's a good point... but while I used to do DQ, i was constantly grieved for being in a grind area that herc venos favored because they dropped the dq's I needed. I stopped doing dq because it got rather boring. And now you don't even need to do them to level. People can level so quickly off of BH, CS, MQ, WQ... or heck most just hyper.

Most of us that sell the dqs to npc are those that choose not to merchant. I for one can't keep my pc on like that constantly. 3 days is the most and even then, with prices jumping and people wanting to either keep their money or not interested in what i have to sell, sales are rather limited. Last time i had my catshop up, it took me 3 days to sell even 2 TT mats. Yes they were cheap. I bought them for an extremely cheap price and resold them for a bit higher.

Thing is, I hate having to let my pc hold a shop when I'd rather be grinding to either level pets or level me. DQs are one added bonus for the grinding. Why take that away from the people who actually made coins like that?
    Wow... I grind with Herc ,I put all my coins in banker and sell every drop I get and my repairs are less then 5k, No pots at all I use nature grace, very boring but... pays for everything I own but now Pwi is taking it all way from me!

Same here. I've been doing the same lately. Even bought some refines and was getting ready to re-shard my weapon and helm. Now hearing this it makes me want to hurry and get all the money I can before I can't make that much anymore.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2010
    Options
    Well there goes my incomeb:sad GJ PWEb:victory Keep **** up like this and your business will be less then PW-MY...merge all the servers together just to have a decent population of people in the future at this rateb:cute

You know.... I started to realize one thing... maybe.. just maybe.. they are killing PWI to promote their new products b:laugh
  • Azurerac - Lost City
    Azurerac - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yea well this sucks.. i am a non cash shopper and find it very heard to get my wiz up past the 80s without gold so i started a barb which is now in the 80s and im still finding it quite hard to play the game without burning cash on it.. the only way i really made money was from DQ farming now that wont cover my repair bill or my pots.. so ill make a negative profit...guess ill start hunting for a new mmo game that is f2p and does not REQUIRE money to play but the option is a added bonus.....

sad too see pwi goin down the tubes and being money hungrey.. its one of the best mmo games i have played..but its kinda no longer fun to play.. when people burn cash and make lvl 99 TB in a few weeks haha cya
This discussion has been closed.