Options
124»

Comments

• _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    _Rosaly_ - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »
    Good example on my alt - port into BH79 and get attacked by patrol archer while map loads. Lvl 9x Cleric just stands there, and waits for me to attack, after which my charm has already ticked once or twice.
    I am also one of those who would wait and let you tick before you hit the mob. It's your choice to have aggro.
    Lol? I would have done the same thing.
    Are you really expecting me to die for you to a silly mob just cause you cant hit be bothered to go and hit it?
    What everyone seems to have missed in this example are the words "while map loads". Someone can be lagging so badly that it takes several seconds to load into an instance and therefor can be dead before they are even able to attack and take agro. A 9X cleric should be able to take the agro off the person porting in. Hell, I'd say a 9X cleric could be able to kill it before getting killed. Do you really think the person being attacked is not attacking the mob because they're relying on the cleric to heal them first? Everyone who made it to the point of going into BH79 knows about heal agro, so why in the world would they not be attacking?

I've had this happen to me a while ago. The archer in my squad ported in while I was (the only one) already there. Apparently the archer lagged, because the walker mob started attacking without the archer retaliating, causing me to understand that the archer was not seeing himself being attacked yet. I threw up a plume shell, hit the thing to take agro off of the archer, stacked a few IHs and started attacking while asking the others in vent for a fast port to support me. Unfortunately, I was only about 82 when this happened, maybe I'm just a fail metal mage or maybe I should have just healed him to take agro and then IH-spam myself to hold agro while the rest of the squad ported in, but the end result was both me and the archer dead on the floor, after which a cleric guildie was nice enough to come res me. But at least I tried! My job is to try and save my squad's hp... whether it's through healing or attacking doesn't matter.

-shrug-
    I don't know... I just take losing experience into my stride being a cleric. Squad wipe? Cleric will be the one going to town to ensure the others of a res. I could choose to use dolls to prevent myself losing any exp, but to be honest, I rather spend my coin on other things than on those. But then again, I seem to be able to stay away from selfish fail squads most of the time, so squad wipes are a rarity for me usually. Maybe it's because I'm picky about who I will and will not squad with. b:mischievous

EDIT: My post turned out to be pretty much off topic, but it kinda irked me that all the clerics started tumbling over eachother to tell axt57 off about not attacking when I immediately saw an alternative scenario because I had it happen to me not too long ago. As for charms, I use both mp and hp and never complain nor get complaints a lot. Most of the time, my squads know damn well I pride myself in working as hard as I possibly can to keep everyone's hp at 100% as much as possible, so if they tick, then they know I feel bad about it already and don't feel the need to make me feel worse.

/end wall-o-text b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So overall, it all boils down to either the tanks being dummies, or the clerics being dummies, which are both kinda sad. I agree with whoever said they should either make charms able to be unequiped, or just take them out all together. Cuz all of this nonsince about clerics and tanks is getting annoying. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I can't believe the numer of clerics in this thread, it's really OMG!

Even more humorous was the last thread which was about 'class stereotypical failures' and there were a bunch of clerics being defensive and sticking up for typical fail cleric behavior.

I've pretty much given up in this thread, it's just too tiresome to continue responding when people just can't admit there are valid times that people have a right to be pissed if a cleric lets their charm tick excessively.

There's maybe one or two here that actually can admit it's altogether possible that some clerics very well deserve to be scolded. And on the other hand there are very few clerics here that actually pride themselves for not letting someone's charm tick. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There's maybe one or two here that actually can admit it's altogether possible that some clerics very well deserve to be scolded. And on the other hand there are very few clerics here that actually pride themselves for not letting someone's charm tick. lol
    I fit both categories. Guess I should have been another class... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Even more humorous was the last thread which was about 'class stereotypical failures' and there were a bunch of clerics being defensive and sticking up for typical fail cleric behavior.

I've pretty much given up in this thread, it's just too tiresome to continue responding when people just can't admit there are valid times that people have a right to be pissed if a cleric lets their charm tick excessively.

I am not a fan of someones charm ticking, and I apologize on most occasions. If the situation is controlled then I have no issue in doing all I can to save someone from ticking. However, if another player is being an idiot, I will not go out of my way so they can "have fun" making me run all over trying to get to them to save a tick of their charm. It just does not work that way.

In fact one of my biggest pet peeves is when ppl run away from the cleric. There are very few situations in which you should be running in the opposite direction of the one who can heal you. b:angry

Now take both scenarios above and then be scolded for a charm tick. TBH I laugh at them, explain why they ticked and go on with whatever we are doing. They can be irritated all they want, but there is only so much one can do if people think they are entitled to a heal.

There are more then a few clerics out there that just = /facepalm. I have seen them and omd's I cringe.

Overall a charm is meant as a safe-guard. It can and will tick, end of story. We can go around and around with this topic since there are valid pros and cons to both sides of the argument. b:surrender

PS --> I will admit though I have purposely let a tanks charm tick after a long discussion of how clerics are not needed and of course once or twice while not paying attn b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Heh... I think Rose is my long lost big cleric sis. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options

b:pleased

<-- no bs and people who run with me know it, but they also know I will do my best in any given situation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    Options
    I am not a fan of someones charm ticking, and I apologize on most occasions. If the situation is controlled then I have no issue in doing all I can to save someone from ticking. However, if another player is being an idiot, I will not go out of my way so they can "have fun" making me run all over trying to get to them to save a tick of their charm. It just does not work that way.

In fact one of my biggest pet peeves is when ppl run away from the cleric. There are very few situations in which you should be running in the opposite direction of the one who can heal you. b:angry

Now take both scenarios above and then be scolded for a charm tick. TBH I laugh at them, explain why they ticked and go on with whatever we are doing. They can be irritated all they want, but there is only so much one can do if people think they are entitled to a heal.

There are more then a few clerics out there that just = /facepalm. I have seen them and omd's I cringe.

Overall a charm is meant as a safe-guard. It can and will tick, end of story. We can go around and around with this topic since there are valid pros and cons to both sides of the argument. b:surrender

PS --> I will admit though I have purposely let a tanks charm tick after a long discussion of how clerics are not needed and of course once or twice while not paying attn b:chuckle

I haven't really played with you except for the rebirth you helped for my culti some time ago and yeah, I know you're an excellent healer.... I was going to respond to your earlier post, but the other replies I would have had to answer were just getting tiresome... besides I was mostly prodding into the thought process of those who don't actually give it much thought or that just didn't really care.... a rather futile direction that was borderline rhetorical anyway.

And I absolutely agree with everything you've said. There are plenty of times when tanks and DDs should and do die and the fault is completely theirs.

Anyone who has played more than just a string of BHs to level incredibly fast (many of whom don't learn their class but just manage to accomplish BH without fails because a BH isn't a challenge) just don't get or participate in challenging instances where group dynamics of everyone playing their role properly does keep clerics from taking physical hits, does prevent tanks from excessive charm waste and the DDs balancing what they need to do to support the party as a whole.

Too many of the BH generation is used to partying with a stereotypical tank and a stereotypical healer and just playing follow-the-leader for 45 minutes until they can turn in their quest and do it all over again without any real change or challenge.

The lower BHs aren't really a challenge to do, finding people to do them is however. Going into an instance 10-20 levels lower than you are, receiving a +10 att/def blessing and wiping is pretty fail because these instances really weren't designed to be a challenge, just a time waster to hand out a load of exp to those who would sit through the effort of putting together a party and doing an instance in the proper order to maximize their wine fees.

Even the harder BHs like 3-3 and Warsong are overshadowed by the fact that once you do them a few times, they're easy to do, yet a mistake will almost always one or two shot you. Rebirth Wave 3 is only sometimes fail because parties are so wrecklessly thrown together to see if you can just pass with like 4BMs a Barb and a Cleric or whatever odd configuration without digging a single bean, but it's interesting to see sometimes which parties actually do make it.

Anyway, far off topic, I'll just say that there are a lot of new high levels that don't know better, don't know, care or pride themselves enough to even give a **** about another player's expenses and just twitch nervously and get defensive about this topic when there is validity to both sides of the argument especially when you look into the more difficult instances where *everyone* has great costs associated with playing their class.

And by the time you get to these instances, the cost of a cleric's MP charm ticking doesn't even come close to the expenses that a tank will face and that when they keep letting a tank or DD tick because they're inattentive, don't care or aren't paying attention. It is kinda their responsibility when everyone else is doing their job properly.

lol @ wall of text b:surrender
  • _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think I need to catch up in level and have a threeway with Michael and Rose. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^ Agreed 100% with you Michael

And one reason I do not where a charm. b:mischievous

Sage Spirit's Gift and Event MP Pots (if I have to use) = b:victory

I think I need to catch up in level and have a threeway with Michael and Rose. b:dirty

LOL!! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If a tank has to spam HP pots while tanking with a cleric, there is something obviously going wrong.

If a cleric has to spam HP pots in an instance, there is something obviously going wrong.

That's about as simple as I can boil it down to.

For a while I was rather upset with this thread, then I found this. Those that say clerics can pot are right, we can.

My irritation comes when I see the words "lazy cleric" and I get all GGRRR on people. I've worked really hard to become a good cleric. I'm told I'm a very good cleric, but I try not to let that go to my head. There are always unexpected situations even in the most mundane BH/TT/FB. Sometimes things just happen and something that you have done lots of times before takes a sudden and unexplained sharp left turn and you're sitting at your computer doing the "oh %$*# pucker dance" in your chair.

Throwing blame, casting stones, pointing fingers... none of that matters. Learning from your experiences and refining reflexes for ANY situation - that's when you can consider yourself a good player.

And if the cleric is spam healing his/her little heart out and the barb complains about a charm tic cuz the boss is smashing the heck out of him... so sad too bad. For the barb: up your defenses or your hp lvls. For the cleric: up your magic, max your heals, learn to maybe mix up your heals a little for the best heal possible.

If the cleric really is just lazy - throw them out of squad and get a new one. If the barb really is just lazy - same goes. Learn a lesson and don't squad with them again.

Complaining about charm tics tho... get over it already. (And that's speaking to myself as well.)
    b:bye
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For a while I was rather upset with this thread, then I found this. Those that say clerics can pot are right, we can.

My irritation comes when I see the words "lazy cleric" and I get all GGRRR on people. I've worked really hard to become a good cleric. I'm told I'm a very good cleric, but I try not to let that go to my head. There are always unexpected situations even in the most mundane BH/TT/FB. Sometimes things just happen and something that you have done lots of times before takes a sudden and unexplained sharp left turn and you're sitting at your computer doing the "oh %$*# pucker dance" in your chair.

Throwing blame, casting stones, pointing fingers... none of that matters. Learning from your experiences and refining reflexes for ANY situation - that's when you can consider yourself a good player.

And if the cleric is spam healing his/her little heart out and the barb complains about a charm tic cuz the boss is smashing the heck out of him... so sad too bad. For the barb: up your defenses or your hp lvls. For the cleric: up your magic, max your heals, learn to maybe mix up your heals a little for the best heal possible.

If the cleric really is just lazy - throw them out of squad and get a new one. If the barb really is just lazy - same goes. Learn a lesson and don't squad with them again.

Complaining about charm tics tho... get over it already. (And that's speaking to myself as well.)
    Thank you, for this post. My main focus wasnt to get people to blame others, it was just to get to the reason people complain about charm tics, but apparantly people had to put the blame on someone, and i dont blame them, im just saying it wasnt nessary or my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

So your first thought on finding your long-lost sister is to propose a threeway? That says interesting things about you b:chuckle

I'm sure Michael wholeheartedly supports that notion though.
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sage Spirit's Gift and Event MP Pots (if I have to use) = b:victory

Yeah, that really is a gift. At this point a pro-tank really does have the right to complain if they know their charm is unnecessarily ticking excessively.

LOL!! ;)

You know, we are all on the same server. To paraphrase.... a friend... I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe we can take off our pants and hang out together? b:pleased
    b:quietI'm sure Michael wholeheartedly supports that notion though.

b:quiet
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know, we are all on the same server. To paraphrase.... a friend... I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe we can take off our pants and hang out together? b:pleased

b:dirtyb:mischievous

Too bad the only time I really see you is on the forums or afk near South Ah b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    Options
    Too bad the only time I really see you is on the forums or afk near South Ah b:surrender

b:surrender And now is not an exception either...

But soon we will all laugh together. b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But soon we will all laugh together. b:chuckle

O_o

What did I miss?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    Options
    O_o

What did I miss?b:shocked

This is a 'safe for work' forum. Explaining it would make it quite the opposite. b:shocked

b:kiss
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is a 'safe for work' forum. Explaining it would make it quite the opposite. b:shocked

b:kiss

b:chuckle

Tell me later or pm me b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Rosaly_ - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    -tabs back in game and adds Rose to FL too-
    I'll make it happen. o.o

Edit: btw.. i meant adopted stepsis ofc, so it wont be incest XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

I haven't really played with you except for the rebirth you helped for my culti some time ago and yeah, I know you're an excellent healer.... I was going to respond to your earlier post, but the other replies I would have had to answer were just getting tiresome... besides I was mostly prodding into the thought process of those who don't actually give it much thought or that just didn't really care.... a rather futile direction that was borderline rhetorical anyway.

And I absolutely agree with everything you've said. There are plenty of times when tanks and DDs should and do die and the fault is completely theirs.

Anyone who has played more than just a string of BHs to level incredibly fast (many of whom don't learn their class but just manage to accomplish BH without fails because a BH isn't a challenge) just don't get or participate in challenging instances where group dynamics of everyone playing their role properly does keep clerics from taking physical hits, does prevent tanks from excessive charm waste and the DDs balancing what they need to do to support the party as a whole.

Too many of the BH generation is used to partying with a stereotypical tank and a stereotypical healer and just playing follow-the-leader for 45 minutes until they can turn in their quest and do it all over again without any real change or challenge.

The lower BHs aren't really a challenge to do, finding people to do them is however. Going into an instance 10-20 levels lower than you are, receiving a +10 att/def blessing and wiping is pretty fail because these instances really weren't designed to be a challenge, just a time waster to hand out a load of exp to those who would sit through the effort of putting together a party and doing an instance in the proper order to maximize their wine fees.

Even the harder BHs like 3-3 and Warsong are overshadowed by the fact that once you do them a few times, they're easy to do, yet a mistake will almost always one or two shot you. Rebirth Wave 3 is only sometimes fail because parties are so wrecklessly thrown together to see if you can just pass with like 4BMs a Barb and a Cleric or whatever odd configuration without digging a single bean, but it's interesting to see sometimes which parties actually do make it.

Anyway, far off topic, I'll just say that there are a lot of new high levels that don't know better, don't know, care or pride themselves enough to even give a **** about another player's expenses and just twitch nervously and get defensive about this topic when there is validity to both sides of the argument especially when you look into the more difficult instances where *everyone* has great costs associated with playing their class.

And by the time you get to these instances, the cost of a cleric's MP charm ticking doesn't even come close to the expenses that a tank will face and that when they keep letting a tank or DD tick because they're inattentive, don't care or aren't paying attention. It is kinda their responsibility when everyone else is doing their job properly.

lol @ wall of text b:surrender

Wow this post just made my day, and I completely agree on this.

But I still have a few questions to ask about your post.

1) How much dose a tank pay on repair bills (at your lvl ) pay daily?

2)Where did this "You can't let my HP charm tick" issue even started from? Because If a tanks charm ticks a couple of times that the cleric is automatically a failed cleric, since the cleric could be having difficulty healing a tank. (I can if the cleric is just letting a tanks charm tick on purpose)

*Going off topic*

Instead of just flaming and blaming the cleric, the tank, or anyone for that matter you can just learn form what mistake you have done and do better next time, its just a game.

I think nether barb or cleric shouldn't complain about any charm tick and they should just stop QQing and get over it.

EDIT: It suppose to be "shouldn't" not "should" Error
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    think nether barb or cleric should complain about any charm tick and they should just stop QQing and get over it.
    Hm when the cleric/barb/etc is doing absolute **** while the rest of squad is dying or charm tanking... I think there's smth wrong there... & I'm definitely GOING TO QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hm when the cleric/barb/etc is doing absolute **** while the rest of squad is dying or charm tanking... I think there's smth wrong there... & I'm definitely GOING TO QQ.

oops, It suppose to be "shouldn't" not "should" i made a small error right there. b:embarrass

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok, so heres my question:

Hp/Mp charms, whether bronze or platinum, are bought for the purpose of replenishing a persons Hp or Mp. People such as Clerics use them to keep skills such as BB/RB, or just spamming IH. Barbs and BM's use them so that they can Tank longer (if there is no cleric healing them, or if something went wrong in a squad) and not lose HP.

Getting to the point of this, why do people complain (especally HP charm users) about having their charm tic? The point of having a charm period is to use it. If you were going to buy a charm with the purpose of saving it, then why not just buy/make potions? Its much cheaper than buying charms, and you can use them whenever you want. Because all i see in squads are things such as "Cleric, dont let my charm tic" or "man BB is ticking the mess out of my charm". Why buy something you dont even want to use?

Note: not trying to flame charm users, i was just intrested in the logic behind this b:surrender

If your a well geared 90+ barb your charm ticks like 15-20k everytime you die. If you TW and everyone is targeting you a plat charm will prob last you maybe 30 mins against a strong guild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i agree OP. and i also dont like it when charms make ppl overly confident. like when there is a bm but the assassin insists on tanking bcuz they are charmed.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)