Perfect Horn Filter...

Comments

• SpiritMoth - Lost City
    SpiritMoth - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Time to send in tickets to get them to either turn it off or get rid of it altogether. Not like pwi will give a damn. Their too busy counting our money.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree that you people are WAY exaggerating this. Seriously. I had an error in my game, so I couldn't log on all night and just got it to work now, so I log in expecting to not be able to read my PMs, be constantly spammed, think people are PMing me, etc. I get in and see 5 horn chats in 10 minutes. I haven't seen a single one since and it's probably been about an hour.

xS your not on HT where ppl are spamming about ppl needing bf/ gfs and other random usless crapb:shocked
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Atleast dont let the horn users spam faction chat/ whisper tabs..I dont feel like reading all there stupidity all day long, Specialy NOT in faction, NOT in whisper, not anywhere if I could choose. It SHOULD NOT display in areas but common chat. FIX IT PLEASE

PLEASE for the sake of all things in this world: World chat spam is horrible to read in heavens tear: Its always about the most idiotic and stupidest of things. And they get way out of line, very fast, very ofthen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I lol'd.

That said, Aadi, you remind me about the number of times I've had players ask me if PWI really had forums to go with it when I mentioned it in general conversation. o.o It is surprising the amount of people who genuinely don't have a clue about this place.

I don't get people. My old faction used to be so grateful and thought I was the best thing ever for knowing when maints were and the latest events/sales as soon as they came out. I was like "...it's no big deal...really..." b:surrender
    xS your not on HT where ppl are spamming about ppl needing bf/ gfs and other random usless crapb:shocked

There's also random useless **** on LC. Scrolling up I see people talking about getting fan mail, complaints about the tiger packs, "b:fat on PWI", someone becoming the king and queen of cheese, and multiple posts that are in another language that I can't understand.

Edit: It's a beautiful day outside and I'm going to Atlantic City for the rest of the day. I want some sun so I can tan my freckles back onto my face. See you all later. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    How does this sounds, huh? 1 post about flaming, trolling, bypass filter... mods or gms get in to strangle fast, but a hundred posts about Horn complaints didn't get any attention LOL
  • Valene - Dreamweaver
    Valene - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *siiiigh* I think it's a bit of a waste to just repeat what ppl already said but maybe it's all about gathering a lot of complaints in here to turn this "perfect" horn thingy off again.

World chat can be really funny when you follow some random discussion that makes you laugh. But it's even better to turn it off in faction/squad chat when some people decide to tell everyone about last night's encounter and you just ask yourself "oh my god, do they really have this low iq like it seems right now..."

So: Please. Put an option in the game to shut horn messages down...
    edited April 2010
    I don't get people. My old faction used to be so grateful and thought I was the best thing ever for knowing when maints were and the latest events/sales as soon as they came out. I was like "...it's no big deal...really..." b:surrender

There's also random useless **** on LC. Scrolling up I see people talking about getting fan mail, complaints about the tiger packs, "b:fat on PWI", someone becoming the king and queen of cheese, and multiple posts that are in another language that I can't understand.

You know this has to be the dumbest part about it. they buy them, use them and some of them that are buying them and using them are saying **** like this :

2dhacdw.jpg

If they don't like the new chat system they should shut up and not point it out through the system they hate -_-"
    Retired Sage.
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    That screenshot pretty much sums it up. Cant wait for the first time they go way out of line using those things with there 18+ content spam,pure stupidity and other such things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this reminds me of the QQ over red text and now ppl want that back.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wait, they don't have the Dumbo Octopus smilies?b:sad

dumbo-octopus.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    Cels - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I for one am boycotting gold purchase until the remove the new horn from squad/faction chat. I turn off general chat because I want to AVOID the spammers and the WC drama. Can't escape it anymore. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You know this has to be the dumbest part about it. they buy them, use them and some of them that are buying them and using them are saying **** like this :

2dhacdw.jpg

If they don't like the new chat system they should shut up and not point it out through the system they hate -_-"

PWI doesn't have time stamps so you can't tell that there are quite a few mins in between most of those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Head/Hunter - Heavens Tear
    Head/Hunter - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ...They are truly more annoying than the shop on my head....

At least there'll be less lag in W Arch once all these people ragequit from them... soo.... Thanks PW?b:victory
  • Head/Hunter - Heavens Tear
    Head/Hunter - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wait, they don't have the Dumbo Octopus smilies?b:sad

dumbo-octopus.jpg

thanks you... for the giggle in my mouth....o_o
    edited April 2010
    I can see this being put to good use if all the idiots stay out of it and the nonsense **** of regular talk and making there only be "LFS" and selling stuff in it.no one would ever miss a sell or squad. but whats on it now...id rather you remove it from game completly or give the option to take if off squad and faction chat. Even if you give us the option to remove it from faction chat its just another WC place to be ignored. why not get rid of the old world chat keep the price of this one and give us the option to remove it from faction/Squad chat.

PWI doesn't have time stamps so you can't tell that there are quite a few mins in between most of those.

....... -_-" if you were more observant you would see thats in pm section and it wasn't to show a constant stream. its to show how they've just allowed all the **** we dont' want to see all the pervyness into our faction chat. put it this way it goes with all the ppl complaining about someof the chat that goes in your faction if they have a problem with it they ask you to stop. now they can't do that sense this in unblockable that have to listen to it. but i doubt sense that ability was just taken they might just leave.
    Retired Sage.
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    cant you see the 58745893274 other threads on this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cannath
    cannath Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I beg you, give us an option to turn the horn chat offb:cry
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Still shows what kind of idiosy they pull. Now imagine if 80 some people started spamming with horns like they do with WC at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrostShadow - Lost City
    FrostShadow - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm Sure there's already threads about this but I didn't want to take the time to find them all so here it goes.

GM's- I get the make money thing. Personally I don't think Horns are a good idea Period. BUT-

I feel like as a user we should AT LEAST have the option to NOT SEE the spamming horn shouts outside of Common Chat.

Thank you-

-Frost
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I can see this being put to good use if all the idiots stay out of it and the nonsense **** of regular talk and making there only be "LFS" and selling stuff in it.no one would ever miss a sell or squad. but whats on it now...id rather you remove it from game completly or give the option to take if off squad and faction chat. Even if you give us the option to remove it from faction chat its just another WC place to be ignored. why not get rid of the old world chat keep the price of this one and give us the option to remove it from faction/Squad chat.

Now that it's been implemented and people have spent money to utilise it, it wouldn't be easy for the company to remove of the feature completely because this would no doubt cause complaints from the people who are making use of it.

As has been said before, the spam and crappy comments will probably die down once the hype dies and a few days pass. To be honest, the Perfect Horn has no use: world chat suffices for squads and the trade of items. It would be best utilised for events, but I don't see players coming up with events that they need to yell server-wide and make sure everybody hears about.

If they gave people the ability to disable the horn, that would simply make it another telecoustic.

Given the sheer amount of moaning and whining we're seeing, they may consider the ability to disable it in faction and squad chat, but at the same time the very idea of the horn is that you buy it, use it and everybody can hear you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cels - Sanctuary
    Cels - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No, you suck.

/brutality

Seriously people.

There are enough topics about this already. Stop making new ones because all you're going to do is **** off the GMs and forum moderators and give them extra work to do. Go join one of the other threads and complain and moan and whine and gripe there.

If this does nothing than pissed them off, I think the idea that maybe the horns suck might sink in faster, if this many people are complaining about them.

After all, if they want to solve the problem of people complaining about it EVERYWHERE, you think they'd stop the source of the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    edited April 2010
    and the 246546465465 thread on this again...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TinyHeart - Heavens Tear
    TinyHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i agree with everyone here. A filter needs to be put in place so we don't have to hear all the stupid people saying random ****. Seriously, why would a new chat be put into place without a way to filter it? People filter wc for a reason- they don't want to be disturbed by all the annoying convos(although some are funny) and everyone trying to buy/sell/trade items and ppl trying to recruit for their faction- i get you want your faction to grow, but its annoying for those that are in one and cant escape your attempts with the horn in faction chat.
  • FrostShadow - Lost City
    FrostShadow - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    anytime =)
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There should be even MORE threads about it IMO.
    You fail to understand how easy it is to close a thread and be done with it. Or flat out delete it.
    If this does nothing than pissed them off, I think the idea that maybe the horns suck might sink in faster, if this many people are complaining about them.

After all, if they want to solve the problem of people complaining about it EVERYWHERE, you think they'd stop the source of the problem.
    Ever stop to think "Hey, GM's and Mods can't do anything about this"? They aren't devs, and devs rarely ever pay attention to criticism.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok, so I tried horn chat and well, ppl overreact waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much.

I get PMs from people saying, "BLing you for using horn." Im like, "Dude, get over yourself. <____<"

Its annoying yea, but people just need to deal with it.

BL the spammers, but wow dont BL people who use it like....twice. >_____>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm Sure there's already threads about this but I didn't want to take the time to find them all so here it goes.

I'm just really curious...

You say you didn't want to take the time to find them, but the irony is, all you had to do was, you know, glance down the first page of General Discussion. In three seconds you would have spotted three or four threads you could have posted on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuaru - Dreamweaver
    Kuaru - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The more threads, the more it gets obvious how pissed people are.. ^_^ Stop the horns. Seriously.
  • GrYnnAn - Sanctuary
    GrYnnAn - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Time to send in tickets to get them to either turn it off or get rid of it altogether. Not like pwi will give a damn. Their too busy counting our money.

mm, not my money anymore. but, well I doubt that the absence of my $ will make much of a difference.

If it do make a difference ( b:chuckle ), I can promise PWI that I will start purchasing zen again when the horn issue has been solved. b:laugh
  • Psiadon - Sanctuary
    Psiadon - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like the title of this thread.

+1 to idea
    Perfect Horn = imperfect implementation.
This discussion has been closed.