Perfect Horn Filter...

Kitress - Dreamweaver
Kitress - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Chronicles
Allow this to be filtered off... World Chat can be annoying as it is the last thing I want is spam I can't filter off >.>
Post edited by Kitress - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    These are going to become a nuisance, get them off system chat. I'm so glad I'm faction-less right now. if I wasn't I wouldn't be able to communicate with them. Oh way, I can't talk with my squad either.. oh joy.. thanks for making this game ever more solo. b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • AnglikX - Harshlands
    AnglikX - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    agreed, i cant even hide in whisper w/o sum jerk spamming hornsb:cry
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If the Devs aren't willing to remove the horns from system chat then at least give players a toggle on/off button for those horns....it is really annoying. Honestly, I have no idea what made them think that was a smart move.
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    We NEED a FILTER.

The more people start abusing it, the less I will be able to communicate with ANYONE.
    Think about it, this game depends a lot on teamwork.
    How are we supposed to work together if we can barely see what all everyones saying without the horns getting in the way and distracting us?

And they didn't think this was a good idea, they didn't think at all. They just knew how many people would jump at the chance to pay gold to spam our chats for fun.

One more step to totally ruining the game for everyone. Congrats.
    One more step to making me quit. I could be doing much better things with my money anyway.
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 44
    edited April 2010
    Please turn off perfect horn in squad and faction chat! I can't even see what my friends write in faction.
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 44
    edited April 2010
    I can't even see what my friends write in faction. I don't want to see spam all day... If they don't change this, I am going to quit. This is unbearable.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this is beyond redicilous, it's already starting to get like the duke spam, only this time it's players doing it. and the servers have been up a whole what? 5 minutes
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ^ what they say.

Just delete the whole horn item imo, but filter will also do ... can't chat anymore Q.Q game is boring now ...
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This must be stopped ASAP. I refuse to play. I want to talk to my friends, PW won't force me to read spam! *goes to play Guild Wars*
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Stop it now. Please. If they don't change this, I am going to quit and play a game where I'm not forced to read spam.
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Must say I agree with the others. I have WC turned off in Squad and Faction chat FOR A REASON . Now you are trying to have a convo and short bus kids with their coloured ******** crayons are spamming it .

Pro move Gm's . Real Pro
    edited April 2010
    Do blacklists get full? Any limit to how many horn abusers I can silence?
  • Tarind - Sanctuary
    Tarind - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Have the Devs in China hot fix a patch for this Perfect Horn of Spam, giving us a Filter for it.

I'd take an extra night of Maintenance just so I don't have to see that junk.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Which brainless idiot of a Dev decided not to put it in the filter? Wait i know the answer, it doesn't exist so more people see the horn's and make more money using them -.- why am i not surprised.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Shadow_Tail - Lost City
    Shadow_Tail - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Agreed.

These things might give PWI a few more dollars in their pockets.

But is it worth it knowing that instead of just beeing able to spam world chat, now they give "spammers" the ability to ruin alll chats for all players.

I for one only wish they rethink it and remove it or gives us the ability to toggle it on/off.

Cause i will not sit here and watch my squad chat or importent faction chat (especially during things like TW) fly out the window just so some **** 10 year old can spam all chats and pretend to be cool.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    same here, i'm about to go back to FFXI and **** this game.... i can't even CHAT in faction chat atm.... the log goes up so fast with all the idiotic brats horn chatting useless **** >.<
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is a limit to your black list. Perhaps a boutique item will be added to expand it. Horns are incredibly distracting and irritating because of the many different colors used; I don't see why I should have to deal with them. World Chat is fine, this multi-colored mess should blockable as a whole.

I have no problem with people who want to use it, but I don't want to deal with it. (^-^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's in every chat. FC, SC, and PM, please give us option to turn the damn things off b:angry
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah I just hit it.

Blacklist limit is 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Got a possible workaround, though it's still a pain.

Use General as your primary chat window (by ticking Normal, faction, whatever under General), and make the Common chat window as small as possible. The fact that the General window is tiny and can't be resized sucks, but it's doable.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Agreed.

These things might give PWI a few more dollars in their pockets.

But is it worth it knowing that instead of just beeing able to spam world chat, now they give "spammers" the ability to ruin alll chats for all players.

I for one only wish they rethink it and remove it or gives us the ability to toggle it on/off.

Cause i will not sit here and watch my squad chat or importent faction chat (especially during things like TW) fly out the window just so some **** 10 year old can spam all chats and pretend to be cool.
    Perhaps this will be a new TW tactic... spamming so much with Horns that no one can communicate in-game (though most higher factions use Vent it would suck).
    Anyhow... I disapprove of the lack of a filter. Dreamweaver has a LOT of spammers, but before I could chose to tune in for entertainment and tune out to focus. This sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cimeja - Sanctuary
    Cimeja - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle reminds me of the red system messages when the packs came in boutique for first time.
  • Mayami - Dreamweaver
    Mayami - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i feel like murdering ppl who use the horns b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's in every chat. FC, SC, and PM, please give us option to turn the damn things off b:angry

this or either raise the price up! 85 silver per or 1 gold if you will please! b:chuckle

I like my Squad chat uninterrupted, thank you! b:cry
  • Mayami - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    this or either raise the price up! 85 silver per or 1 gold if you will please! b:chuckle

I like my Squad chat uninterrupted, thank you! b:cry
    no raise the price to 40gold just for 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I will never complain about **** in WC again lol
    And I could definetly tolerate the system messeges from the packs over this junk.
    At least they didn't make fun of being in all our chats -.-
  • Mayami - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    no im ready to quit and go to the new FF13 online Beta. **** me the **** off about the horns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoDoubt - Dreamweaver
    NoDoubt - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i dont think is that annoying but black list ppl for use them o.O thats being childish
    b:nosebleed ♥ Sexy veno ♥ b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i dont think is that annoying but black list ppl for use them o.O thats being childish

I rather be childish than see these horn spams all over my chat b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Uh when they're doing it on PURPOSE to annoy you, and the log's going up so fast you can't even READ what someone in faction is saying (or you're in a FB and can't read what squad members say)..... ya i'll blist the whole damn server that abuses this ****. If i could.... apparently this game has a limit to the Blist....
This discussion has been closed.