This is the assasin build.

Comments

• malanaki
    malanaki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I do +1 str +1mag and +3 dex till i have like 50 mage, just because it makes it easyier to spell spam when grinding , and is good for duelling and boss-killing...when i reach 50 mag i do +1 str and +4 dex

..............anything wrong with that?
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    malanaki wrote: »
    I do +1 str +1mag and +3 dex till i have like 50 mage, just because it makes it easyier to spell spam when grinding , and is good for duelling and boss-killing...when i reach 50 mag i do +1 str and +4 dex

yes. mp pots would have been much cheaper than a restat note. happy failings b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    malanaki wrote: »

Well, now all those points you put into Mag could have gone in either Dex to give you more damage, or into Vit to give you better health. Once you reach your first spark, you could have just used that and killed mobs so quickly that skills would be unnecessary except to gain chi.

So, you actually just hurt yourself by putting even one point into Mag. We use arcane helms, which give MP and you can just get Focus Powder to get good recovery. You don't die when your MP reaches 0, you die when HP does. Therefore, for anyone not an magic class, Vit>Mag in all cases.
  • Selfish - Harshlands
    Selfish - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well, now all those points you put into Mag could have gone in either Dex to give you more damage, or into Vit to give you better health. Once you reach your first spark, you could have just used that and killed mobs so quickly that skills would be unnecessary except to gain chi.

So, you actually just hurt yourself by putting even one point into Mag. We use arcane helms, which give MP and you can just get Focus Powder to get good recovery. You don't die when your MP reaches 0, you die when HP does. Therefore, for anyone not an magic class, Vit>Mag in all cases.

no, you dont.
  • Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear
    Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well i'd say a lil vit every once in awhile is okay, but having pure dex is okay 2, because u gotta relise later lvs like in 80's u can get really awesome gear for giving hp, for example, chieftan helm, and chieftan cape, or any regualar capes with hp added and 4 sockets can get u good hp with citrine stones added. my helm and cape alone give me 1kish hp, i think like 960ish actually but i like to round up :), wen i hit 90 i will hat my tt90 gear which already has a hp bonus plus i put immac citrines in them, so im expecting another 1k hp, which will put me at 6k hp, and i hav 60 vit without gear, so pure dexx would still hav around 5k+, and again it all depends on how much money u hav to get gear like this, otherwise might be smart to go a lil vit everyonce in awhile
  • StainedBlade - Heavens Tear
    StainedBlade - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    4600 HP with Pure Dex (5 Vit I started character with) but I plan on having much better once I have TT90. I seem to do perfectly fine against the minions in Frostland/BH70-79. Not going to risk the things a barbarian or BM does but I can do just short of that. BH70 and BH79 I am capable of tanking anything but Polearm. I'm usually not the best choice to tank things but I can. So you can get away with doing most things a BM could do if your equipment is at a high enough quality even with pure dex build.

-Flop Flop- I'm a fish
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    no, you dont.

Yes, actually, we do. The only way we can use the HA helms is if we use one well below our level because of the Str requirements, or if we do a HA build (2 Str, 3 Dex every level), in which case we still will have trouble wearing HA helms at our proper level. I can get more benefits from wearing an arcane helm most of the time than I can from an HA helm. This of course changes in the upper levels as Dark points out. However, saying we don't use arcane helms is just being ignorant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    no, you dont.
    Say what? Stuff like the FF arcane helm, decaying snow helmet, is a better fit for archers and sins than it is magic users. Guaranteed there's more like this.
  • Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear
    Dark_Creed - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yeah forgot to mention that i hav like 127 str which is like losing 35 points of dex, but i can say with the extra hp from the helms and capes u need str for, it is a great trade, and still my dex is around 311 i believe (not on atm so cant say), so i still hit really hard. something that u can do is instead of adding vit u can add str till 127 because that gear can giv insane hp with 4 immac citrines, and with refining, as i said b4, my cape and helm give me 1k hp, 35 points of vit wouldnt add that much. But yet again, kinda depends on how much money u hav, if ur poor i go vit but if u hav average wealth-rich i would definetly research wat items u want and see how much str u need to wear because 35 vit is less than 1k hpb:victoryb
  • mstrsrgnt
    mstrsrgnt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    well im a new sin and im gonna try out this build 1str 1vit and 3dex per lvl or 2str 2vit and 6dex
  • LadyLotte - Heavens Tear
    LadyLotte - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok on my sin i added vit until my base was 50 and now every level i add 1 str and 4 dex. i find this build works well
  • Aquaknight - Lost City
    Aquaknight - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I use 1 STR & 4 DEX, Great for PvP with the right skills =P
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    went pure from the start. till bout 35 i used hp pots and life powders like crazy....spent deffinitly 2 mil just on thatXD well i had enough money. now i rarely use them, tho now i have no money anyway.....rolling a veno right now to get some money in -.-
  • Bellatriix - Archosaur
    Bellatriix - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All of my Assassins are pure dex. I eat HP pots like crazy but I like seeing mob HP go boom. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I got a ss of acu and bella spawning.."
  • TunaBreath - Heavens Tear
    TunaBreath - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm.. good thing my last char was a wiz. Makes me used to seeing the rabid "survivability" vs "damage output" build discussions. b:laugh

Burn a ton of pots and powders until 39, then with bloodpaint, coupled with the damage boost of chill of the deep, (higher damage = higher hp recovery rate) deaths are very few and far between. Ultimately, the build you use has to suit your play style.

Sins are one of the few classes where which skills you use is less important than what order you use them in. With all of our stuns, and being able to double spark on every other, if not every mob, you should only be taking 1-2 hits from each mob, which even a pure dex has plenty of hp to survive (about 2300 hp at lvl 64).

Survivability is dependent on the intelligence of the player, rather than a few extra hp points. Stat how you like, play how you enjoy. I'll keep my 4 dex a lvl build tyvm.
  • flameoffate
    flameoffate Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If it is a normal mob, at lv. 85 with a full dex sin with lv. 1 Bloodpaint active I can grind for prolonged periods without needing to pot or rest at all--just double-sparking and regular attacking. Low HP? Not really, average shards should boost you up to around 3k hp at that level and you really shouldn't be getting hit for more than that...b:avoid
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited April 2010
    Now take that same 85 Assassin and make it a Vit build. You have an extra 1.1k HP, a little more damage resistance, and good HP regen especially when combined with Life Powder. Not only can this Assassin take a little less damage on each hit, but they can last even longer.

Point: full Dex is good for people who know exactly what they are doing. Vit is good for people who are new to the game or new to being squishy. Hybrid is good for either or. All the builds are good though and there is nothing wrong with doing a build besides full Dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now take that same 85 Assassin and make it a Vit build. You have an extra 1.1k HP, a little more damage resistance, and good HP regen especially when combined with Life Powder. Not only can this Assassin take a little less damage on each hit, but they can last even longer.

Point: full Dex is good for people who know exactly what they are doing. Vit is good for people who are new to the game or new to being squishy. Hybrid is good for either or. All the builds are good though and there is nothing wrong with doing a build besides full Dex.

^^^^^^^^^ THIS

if you know what your doing and play well full dex is the choice. if you need a safety net get some vit
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Mizorre - Raging Tide
    Mizorre - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I use 1 STR & 4 DEX, Great for PvP with the right skills =P

Agreed, im new to the sin but i originally thought of doing this in the first place. I know the sin is squishy theres no changing that no matter what u do but it all comes down to the fact of how good of a tactician u r with ur skillz. some battles dont turn out the way you originally planed and u have to think quick and having that small vit bonus could help a lot
    Be a dork, life is to short to be cool b:victoryb:laugh
  • Smokesalot - Heavens Tear
    Smokesalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    my assassin is lv 78 with 30 vit just enough str for his gear and all dex.

armor sharded with garnets.

most hits miss but ones that get through dont hurt and im still killing super fast.

seems like a good build for me.
  • Fallaron - Sanctuary
    Fallaron - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok kinda new to posting on forums but here goes.... I have a hybrid sin that I am playing around with. I am wearing TT70 armor with 2/3 sockets per piece. My Vit is up to 80 my Strength is at 81 magic is 5 everything else in Dex..... My Crit Rate is 16% but I am doing near 10k Crits....... I like my build but am thinking of going pure dex from now till end game.... I havent done very much PvP but when I have I pwned at my same level.... I am also pwning barbs same level when I duel. Any suggestions?
    *Goes off somewhere to kill something else, rambling mindlessly*
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pure arcane sin.

/thread
  • latss
    latss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hey im statring at this and i have a lvl 3 assasin, my build is +1vit +1 strength, and +3 dex, am i doing it right?
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    latss wrote: »
    Hey im statring at this and i have a lvl 3 assasin, my build is +1vit +1 strength, and +3 dex, am i doing it right?

Yes, the three main builds are Vit build, which you are doing, Hybrid (1 Vit 2 Str 7 Dex every 2 levels) and full Dex (1 Str 4 Dex every level). Any of those are recommended. There is also a Heavy Armor build (5 Str 5 Dex every 2 levels or 3 Dex 2 Str every level). Any of those builds are fine, but the first three are more preferable than the Heavy Armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    no not really.....the best build would be 1vit 7dex 2str every 2 lvls cause ur assassins gonna be squishy and if u dont beleive me lvl up ur assasin and see how easily u run through HP pots and die =P

lol?? the diference that will make in ur HP when u get lvl 100 will be 1300 points.... u can get it just refining a single equip.... >.< and, if u use 1str, 4dex, at lvl100 u will have 5% more crit, a lot more evasion/accuarcy and more damage....

wht do u prefere??b:laughb:laugh
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ok kinda new to posting on forums but here goes.... I have a hybrid sin that I am playing around with. I am wearing TT70 armor with 2/3 sockets per piece. My Vit is up to 80 my Strength is at 81 magic is 5 everything else in Dex..... My Crit Rate is 16% but I am doing near 10k Crits....... I like my build but am thinking of going pure dex from now till end game.... I havent done very much PvP but when I have I pwned at my same level.... I am also pwning barbs same level when I duel. Any suggestions?

buy a reset note and put 1str, 4dex in next lvls.... ;)
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devils_Doll - Sanctuary
    Devils_Doll - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Here is what I will be doing with this Assassin:

1) Get to Lvl 60 as fast as possible
    2) Equip Rank 4 Armor: Armor of the Assassin
    3) Equip Bracers, Leggings and Boots in the Lvl 50 or even 40 range that must have DEX bonus and ideally Evasion bonus and any other sweet bonus
    4) All other equipment must have Evasion bonus i.e. Necklace, Belt, Cape, etc. And Rings you want DEX and Crit bonuses. Forget Accuracy. No worries in that department.
    5) MUST have ALL armor and Cape equipped with 4 sockets and the BEST Amber shards.

Armor of the Assassin has no STR requisite. Equipiing lesser level Bracers, Leggings and Boots allows you to NOT INVEST IN MORE STR THAN THAT REQUIRED FOR YOUR LVL 60 DAGGERS.

All this is for the extra DEX points you can now invest. Which means more damage, more Evasion. NOW, your Evasion should be sickeningly HIGH. Who needs Damage Prevention or HP bonuses when Evasion cancels out more damage than the other bonuses would give you? Lvl 90 I will do the same. There is Rank Armor at that level, too.

So far I haven't been worried about getting killed. A HP charm lasts a long time with the use of pots and Life Powders. It doesn't have to be expensive. SINs get more powerful as they level. I think EVASION is the key. Forget about HP shards. Dodge that damage. We SINS kill before a mob can even hit us 2 or 3 times. Trust me, if you dodge 1 or 2 of those you saved yourself a lot of damage. So you gotta use a HP charm or pots! WHO DOESN'T?! But with crazy EVASION and wise attacking (use of proper skills) you can prevent the expendature of pots or charms or powders by a ton.

Its all about DEX for the SIN. Try and hit me while I kill you in 1 - 3 hits. And if you do, I'll still be left standing, cracking open an ice-cold HP potion over your dead body. (In most cases you don't even need a pot).
  • RagingTidez - Heavens Tear
    RagingTidez - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My sins build is max vit at 35 and the rest is the normal build 1str 4 dex every level and im doing quite well. Even though im still squishy ^^ i don't mind much
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Here is what I will be doing with this Assassin:

1) Get to Lvl 60 as fast as possible
    2) Equip Rank 4 Armor: Armor of the Assassin
    3) Equip Bracers, Leggings and Boots in the Lvl 50 or even 40 range that must have DEX bonus and ideally Evasion bonus and any other sweet bonus
    4) All other equipment must have Evasion bonus i.e. Necklace, Belt, Cape, etc. And Rings you want DEX and Crit bonuses. Forget Accuracy. No worries in that department.
    5) MUST have ALL armor and Cape equipped with 4 sockets and the BEST Amber shards.

Armor of the Assassin has no STR requisite. Equipiing lesser level Bracers, Leggings and Boots allows you to NOT INVEST IN MORE STR THAN THAT REQUIRED FOR YOUR LVL 60 DAGGERS.

All this is for the extra DEX points you can now invest. Which means more damage, more Evasion. NOW, your Evasion should be sickeningly HIGH. Who needs Damage Prevention or HP bonuses when Evasion cancels out more damage than the other bonuses would give you? Lvl 90 I will do the same. There is Rank Armor at that level, too.

So far I haven't been worried about getting killed. A HP charm lasts a long time with the use of pots and Life Powders. It doesn't have to be expensive. SINs get more powerful as they level. I think EVASION is the key. Forget about HP shards. Dodge that damage. We SINS kill before a mob can even hit us 2 or 3 times. Trust me, if you dodge 1 or 2 of those you saved yourself a lot of damage. So you gotta use a HP charm or pots! WHO DOESN'T?! But with crazy EVASION and wise attacking (use of proper skills) you can prevent the expendature of pots or charms or powders by a ton.

Its all about DEX for the SIN. Try and hit me while I kill you in 1 - 3 hits. And if you do, I'll still be left standing, cracking open an ice-cold HP potion over your dead body. (In most cases you don't even need a pot).

and when that 6x mage starts shouting in WC about the sin he just 1 shot, because it couldn't evade his sandstorm, or that sac assault magic attack monster aggroes and kills you, you'll realize you should have got some HP and Mdef.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    and when that 6x mage starts shouting in WC about the sin he just 1 shot, because it couldn't evade his sandstorm, or that sac assault magic attack monster aggroes and kills you, you'll realize you should have got some HP and Mdef.

This would be very true, if we didn't have stealth.

The words LA and Mdef don't go together. Stat-ing vit gives such insignificant HP. Just buy more expensive shards to compensate.
    my assassin is lv 78 with 30 vit just enough str for his gear and all dex.

armor sharded with garnets.

most hits miss but ones that get through dont hurt and im still killing super fast.

seems like a good build for me.
    they dont hurt much cause of garnet shards :P. Nothing to do with build really.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
This discussion has been closed.