This is the assasin build.

Comments

• Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm pure dex but i'm not about to condemn those who put thought into a higher HP build, it does have benefits. Just remember that people will build themselves as they see fit, they play their character their way for themselves, not you.

Right now I have no hope in hell of defeating vit assassins in duels, my damage can't out do their HP pool. It's close, but they always win. After 80+ when I go PvPing, i'll making sure to get at least more than 5K HP with add ons, shards and refines. It's great to be a pure damage build, but with a build like this i'll certainly be pulling aggro a fair bit and I need to be able to compete with everyone else who has 5K HP+ at this level.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • zodiaclegion
    zodiaclegion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm considering making a naked assassin and just use 5 dex every level mostly just for the fun of it. I'd laugh if it turned out to be epic win but not likely b:laugh.

Well when I decide to play a serious assassin of course I'll be using 4 dex 1 str don't care if I am squishy I enjoy a challenge. It's common sense to use the stat that the weapon dmg is based off of. If some can't handle a few hits then sure they are free to put into vit not going to save them much but if it makes them feel safer at night then so be it.

Interesting question would be has anyone had any luck with a HA assassin that isn't fail-cake?
  • Nolasa - Dreamweaver
    Nolasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I tried the vit build up thru the 30s, and i was dying more often than when i restated to pure dex. Right now, im critting every 3rd or 4th hit, and the mobs miss at roughly the same rate. Just remember, every point of vit you add, is a point of dex you dont have for dmg/eva/acc. Leveling Sins can be difficult, but it takes learning your class in order to do it. DO NOT try to take on more than one mob at a time. Try to avoid Inc Life mobs if there are other mobs around. And remember, Shadow Escape is your best friend. The spark it gives you aint half bad, either. xD
  • Graywolfffff - Sanctuary
    Graywolfffff - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have only died three ties with the 4 dex 1 str build..... Of course I grab any dex equip I can find too. Paintence young grasshopper and don't get caught with more then one mob at a time. Spamming your bleed dot every fight and and keeping your force shadow walk close by helps too. I am never afraid to run and live rather then fight and die :)
  • lcahbk
    lcahbk Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what about in lower lvls using 1vit 2strg 7dex build and then in high lvls change to 1strg 4 dex build?
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    Vorhes - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hey how about capping vit at 20 and keep going 4dex ,1str thats the build i have and i kill just as fast as a pure build
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You kill 17 dex slower, actually, but it doesn't really matter much. 20 VIT isn't going to really harm a Sin's damage. 1 VIT every level will.
  • Rawyne - Sanctuary
    Rawyne - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Going the Dex build myself, and yes 20-30 was tough, but now I combo TS>PW>SS and most mobs my level bleed tick to death right after. I maybe get hit once or twice a fight, depending on if they miss or not. Pretty smooth killing now.

I can pretty safely take 2 mobs at a time now too, with Mire on the genie, the first mob dies fast, and the second goes down shortly after. Sometimes if Focused Mind doesn't work for me, Second Wind is great.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why do ppl add vit when they can just add str they will need sooner or later to start with. Get damn HP helms if you want "survivability"
  • _Revenge_ - Lost City
    _Revenge_ - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Again i have to explain this on ppl who use vit builds as a sin its complete idiotic,why? because u guys miss the concept of a assasin, they for one can never be 1 shotted not even if ur 7x and a 9x wiz or veno hit and definitly nota mele class ic it happen evryday trust me and for 2 sins arent made for standing around trading licks like the rest of the classes u gotta be dirty when ur a sin invisiblity ur best friend use as much as u can and back stab a motha fcker anytime u can putting vit on a sin is like putting magic on a barb or bm its useless dosent make u better but worse sins do way more dmg then archers endgame so if u cant take down ur foe in under 60 secs u suck major ballz that is all
  • Xelthion - Harshlands
    Xelthion - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Again i have to explain this on ppl who use vit builds as a sin its complete idiotic,why? because u guys miss the concept of a assasin, they for one can never be 1 shotted not even if ur 7x and a 9x wiz or veno hit and definitly nota mele class ic it happen evryday trust me and for 2 sins arent made for standing around trading licks like the rest of the classes u gotta be dirty when ur a sin invisiblity ur best friend use as much as u can and back stab a motha fcker anytime u can putting vit on a sin is like putting magic on a barb or bm its useless dosent make u better but worse sins do way more dmg then archers endgame so if u cant take down ur foe in under 60 secs u suck major ballz that is all

sins suck charmed barb balls then.
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    You kill 17 dex slower, actually, but it doesn't really matter much. 20 VIT isn't going to really harm a Sin's damage. 1 VIT every level will.

thats what i thought to tell the truth i capped it at 20 for the extra little def you get from vit and not the hp
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't think you read the description of the assassin character when you created one or I think you'd have a different opinion.

Melee combatants who move fast & can deal the most damage of any class when in Critical Hit Form sound more like a BM build to me than archer build.

I think PWI guided us correctly & I'd rather trust their words than yours. TYVM.

pwi brought you anni packs 5 times now IJS b:bye
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Asurr - Heavens Tear
    Asurr - Heavens Tear Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    capping vit at 20 doesnt do jack **** so why do it? and raising it more and more will only make it worst....

dont add vit its literally a useless stat for us. if u need vit/HP/def THAT bad then get it from sharding and low lvl HP helms.
  • Therronn - Sanctuary
    Therronn - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is for your benefit. Ignore are your own peril. I can almost 100% guarantee ur gonna regret it endgame if you get that far.

As for the narrowmindedness, maybe your just narrowminded thinking that everyone who doesn't let anyone disagree with them is narrowminded. *bltch slap*

Edit: as for worrying about low health and scariness of it all. Your an assasin, and even if you went all vit ud be dying all the time. This is why assasin (like wizards) are for pro people who know what they are doing. There is lots of dying and lots of patience involved. Trying to lessen the pain of constantly bieng ***** in the **** will only increase the pain even more.

This the very definition of narrowmindedness my friend. Freedom of opinion and all that.

I find it very interesting how much flaming there is on this thread. I see no reason why people should not be allowed to build their sin the way they like. And if they dont like it in the end, buy some damn reset notes. The experience will teach you how to play better.

There are two builds for barbs. Granted they have two quite different forms and this is to be expected, but I've heard all about Battle Clerics, and Heavy Armour Venos. Why must there only be one way to do something?

In the end, flaming will get you no where. Instead of changing player's minds with well thought out arguments, examples and advice, people yell insults and expect those of different opinions to agree.
    Don't argue, debate or discuss. Those are what the fourms are made for.

My Sin's build, including armour and weapon bonuses, is 45Vit 67 Str 257 Dex. My Attack is 1532-2034, Accuracy is 2136 and Evasion 1878 with a Crit rate of 14%

I'm enjoying playing my Assassin immensely, and have no plans to change its build.
  • Vorhes - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    capping vit at 20 doesnt do jack **** so why do it? and raising it more and more will only make it worst....

dont add vit its literally a useless stat for us. if u need vit/HP/def THAT bad then get it from sharding and low lvl HP helms.

ohhhh realy did you try the build?
  • eduardo78
    eduardo78 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    actually i have just 10 str, and the rest of points on pure dex, and i killed a lvl 20 assasin, with 25 str, when i was lvl 18, so think about it
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    eduardo78 wrote: »
    actually i have just 10 str, and the rest of points on pure dex, and i killed a lvl 20 assasin, with 25 str, when i was lvl 18, so think about it

I think you won't be able to equip Light Armor.
  • Therronn - Sanctuary
    Therronn - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    eduardo78 wrote: »
    I think you won't be able to equip Light Armor.

A level 18 vs. a Level 20 could be anyone's win. Duels require skill, true, but much of winning is luck, especially in Sin duels. When I fight my level 67 friend, the winner, 90% of the time, is the one who stuns first.
    If you level your sin up to 50 and kill a level 60, then I'll be impressed.
  • Hairstyler - Lost City
    Hairstyler - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok listen here...a pure dex build is the best choose of an assasin. First...every 5lvl u get 1%crit rate so at lvl 60 u should have like 15%crit without rings or anything with crit rate.Assasin's crit is better than the archers crit.Sins attack quick so that means more chance for a deadly shot.Two.more dex=more evasion=more miss=more important than hp.3.now lets take the duel/pvp and even pvm.We all know that sins are deadly killers.That's why they are named Assasins...so pvp should be great.Pvm>>High dmg + crit rates + Evasion + good items = invincibility.Now lets take the advantage of an sin.First.They dont beg for chi.We make 3sparks in like 5s.Two.Stealth is an deadly skill vs range attackers ( archer wizzy cleric or veno).Buffs are mortaly.The assasin killes especialy wizz cleric veno and archer.To a high lvl psy....is a problem.They got a soul of vegnace so...we can get killed before they attack.Then...barbs and bm's are a high problem.For them ....u could make 7d 1v 2str .But listen.....Sins should be always called sins becuz of CRIT RATES.Remember....Peace and FlY
  • Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye

yes and ur also a 1 shot to magic users congratz frotis & ator just splattered ur **** all over secret passage xD

pump at least a little vit or your goin to die to almost everybody because vit = hp,phys def, mag def.
    And most boss Aoe attacks after fb69 coz with a bow we aint got the rrange of an archer.

go with whatever just a personal opinion b:bye
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • Zartoo - Sanctuary
    Zartoo - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well you're all probably gonna tell me i'm beeing a "noob" by doing this but i just wait till i need to meet a requirement to upgrade my stats. if i need 30 Dex for a certain weapon, than i just upgrade my dex to 30. i am currently lvl 18 on my assassin and i have like 40 unused points and i know i'll need to use them soon (that's actually why i came to this thread) but it's working fine for me so far. i got to meditate after every kill but i'm still killing everything i need to.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes and ur also a 1 shot to magic users congratz frotis & ator just splattered ur **** all over secret passage xD

pump at least a little vit or your goin to die to almost everybody because vit = hp,phys def, mag def.
    And most boss Aoe attacks after fb69 coz with a bow we aint got the rrange of an archer.

go with whatever just a personal opinion b:bye

hey look my sin was 1 str 4 dex and never got one shot by anyone or anymob his level o=
    and you have deaden nerves to prevent you from being a one shot in pvp

and LOL pumping vit for the magic and physical defenses you get from it is ****, the only reason people add vit is for the hp
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye

QFT

i dont need to read the proceeding 11 pages of Q_Qs and how dare yous
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Waritar - Raging Tide
    Waritar - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually what I did is 3 dex 1 str 1 vit untill lvl 40 and 4 dex 1 str from then on...but thats just what I like its your choice.
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like to add 5 Magic every level and wear nothing but undies on my sin.
  • Oscar_Mord - Lost City
    Oscar_Mord - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a decent bm with 2 dex each lv will still hit u like 70% of the time wana knew why DEX on BM is 10 each lv we might not get the uber crith rate but as long as we hit and might crith ull we 1 shooted good luck being so squeshy b:bye
    this is not my main
  • Oscar_Mord - Lost City
    Oscar_Mord - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dex on bm is 10 point eve and acc sure many or most bm i see are purely axes
    but good bm have good acc wish make hitting and now sin a blessb:dirty
  • Rayne_ - Harshlands
    Rayne_ - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sins suck charmed barb balls then.

Yes. Yes they do.
    "Keep hitting me, seriously. I could do this all day" *insert hammer smashing sounds and the QQ screams of a dead noob*

To the smart people in this thread, thank you for actually looking at the reality of the situation.
    One of the really beautiful parts of this game, one that I think makes it stand out among other MMO games, is that you build your own character. Unlike other MMOs that hold your hand with predetermined levels the whole way through. (Warcrack and PSO/PSU come to mind)

Thus there are several ways to do anything and come out with a fun and functional character. Do what makes sense to you and suits the way you want your character to work. I'm not saying there aren't dumb things to do, (like raising a Barbarian's Magic beyond 10 points, or raising it at all), and the game will let you know if you suck.

However if you really look at your class, and their abilities, maybe do some reading about what they are like in combat, and go from there. My assassin has some vitality, some strength, and a lot of dexterity. I'm following my own high dexterity build and at level 26 in only 2 days, I'm rolling in monster corpses.

P.S. Hybrid barbarians rule
    "What man would go into the dark without a light?"
    "That's a silly question. What man would go into the dark?"
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with Rayne. I know my acc rings and str is helping me so much
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
This discussion has been closed.