This is the assasin build.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    and when that 6x mage starts shouting in WC about the sin he just 1 shot, because it couldn't evade his sandstorm, or that sac assault magic attack monster aggroes and kills you, you'll realize you should have got some HP and Mdef.

This would be very true, if we didn't have stealth.

The words LA and Mdef don't go together. Stat-ing vit gives such insignificant HP. Just buy more expensive shards to compensate.
    my assassin is lv 78 with 30 vit just enough str for his gear and all dex.

armor sharded with garnets.

most hits miss but ones that get through dont hurt and im still killing super fast.

seems like a good build for me.
    they dont hurt much cause of garnet shards :P. Nothing to do with build really.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This would be very true, if we didn't have stealth.

The words LA and Mdef don't go together. Stat-ing vit gives such insignificant HP. Just buy more expensive shards to compensate.

they dont hurt much cause of garnet shards :P. Nothing to do with build really.

you arent stealthed if your grinding or ganking. she's talking about max dex, not pure dex build. LA may not have high mdef like robes, but it does have some. she also mentioned not caring about HP. if you cant figure out the damage difference wearing 90 gear and wearing 50 gear i'm not going to teach you.

also, evasion doesnt do squat to that BM with 2 misty rings. he will still hit you. my sin with 1 misty ring will STILL HIT YOU.

i've also fought max dex build sins that are my level. they had higher dex and hit me for the same damage i hit them. they had one disadvantage, their HP was much much lower than mine.

only time to go max dex is at 100 if you go skill spammer and use rank 8 armor which has no str requirement, and has some pretty damn impressive stats (for a skill spammer)
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Neptuneq - Archosaur
    Neptuneq - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye

OMGb:laugh if i would have been using that build i would get my **** kicked in duels/TW/PK so easly.we all choose different builds so no one relly can`t be blamed for experimenting.it`s your choice if you wanna die easely and deal high damage.but i wouldn`t recomend that build at all.if a bm stuns you with that low hp you would be 1 hitted for sure.why not just putting 3 dex 1 vit and strength every lvl and get some real gear b:victory
    lvl70 now btw
  • maniku12
    maniku12 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hehe everyone complaining about 4dex 1 str having no survivability. Its called Life powders. Pick some flowers and make some. Matter of fact, its more efficient then wasting a fortune on pots. I've also tried both builds. 3 1 1 dex str vit and 4dex 1str and the difference isn't so much noticable at lower levels as much as it is higher levels. The difference between the 2 builds is every 20 levels = 1% crit and increased damage / evasion vs about 200-220hp, can't remember if its 10 hp per vit or 11, and some increase to our already low p.res. An extra 400hp at level 40 isn't going to help you out anymore again a BM that gets that stun off on you as not having that 400hp is going to help. You're still squishy, and that BM will eat through that extra 400hp just as fast as not having it at all. Id personally take the 2% crit and increased damage and evasion (as well as accuracy).

Do the math, just don't think something is good just because it "Feels" good.
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wt about genies healing skills??????duh some thing happens on wiz forum,,,

They say go light to have some extra defense hp, add 50 point on ur vit????

Dam i went pure and i didnt die on noob quests..

duh get a party with ppl around?? genies skills pots?

how bout geting a charm??low hp it last a looong time....
  • OO_JAY_Oo - Harshlands
    OO_JAY_Oo - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dude.. 4dex 1 str is the right build for sins.. sure in low level u might have to pot a little.. but after u hit 60.. it really pays off.. I have fought BMs my level.. and trust me.. its not really easy to stun a sin.. except for that barbs 100% accuracy shots.. sins are pretty much very hard to hit on meele.. and have u ever noticed what kind of crit does a higher level head hunt skill do? U ld be surprised.. i have 1 shotted venos and wizards in my level.. currently level 70 sin.. oh and all those people complaining about wizards 1 shotting sins.. thats Y we sins are given skills like focused mind.. that increases chance to avoid their skill.. and other skills like shadow jump and shadow teleport and not to mention invisibility.. now u aint gonna stand there and watch while a wiz belts you with his high damaging skills are u?
    damn just shadow tele and puncture wound and when the stun runs out.. Head hunt.. there.. U have a dead wizzard. if how ever he survives that.. then hes prolly at 1/4 hp by now.. Deep sting - Inner harmony - Throatcut.. theres no way in hell a wiz can take tha amount of damage.. Also consider your crit rate.. using so many skills.. i guarantee u tha u ll crit atleast one time.. and that a lot.. imagine how much crit u ld do to them when u have huge crit rate.. I m level 70 sin.. and non of my gears have +crit%.. still my crit rate is 16% .. so consider that.. Trust me.. If u time it right.. U can kill an arcane user without them having a chance to attack u. Only problem for sin are the barbs.. for that just get some magic damage pots.. pop 1 magic damage pot .. spark and then attack a barb with Normal meele attack + Rentles courage(genie skill).. U ll see some DPS that u wont believe.. Try it.. U might just love it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CarricaSin - Heavens Tear
    CarricaSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sorry, i just need to laugh at the amount of horrible grammar on this thread... any way, why add vit to an assassin if you can play it well, get skills set up in certain combos and not die? yes i realize i am level 41, i have died a maximum of 5 times since level 1, because i was either not watching the screen, or being an Rtard and trying to kill 3-4 mobs at a time. i have never used life powders, nor have i ever spent money on pots. i get all the pots i need from mobs. I still have pots from my 20's that were never used. my build is 4 Dex 1 Str. If i fight a mob that runs to attack, i use tackling slash to immobilize, deep sting to sleep it, rib strike it, and if i want to, ill use slipstream strike. if not, ill just **** it to death. ill lose a little HP but so what, meditate. BP does wonders with the use of those skills. Depending on the mob, i can kill 4 or 5 using 1 or 2 MP pots, and a small HP pot. BP is great. and no, for some reason, i never use the wolf emblem or focused mind buffs and i don't use genie skills. I do have some Vit add-ons thanks to my gear. My stats with all my gear on is 14 Vit 5 Mag 182 Dex and 51 Str, without all my gear i have 5 Vit 5 Mag 164 Dex and 46 Str.

I am, however; open to other builds. i plan on trying out a HA Sin on another server just to see what happens and to compare the two builds.

That's my 2 cents. b:bye
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    At low lvls, vit and hybrid builds can be life savers. However, @ higher lvls (60-70+) pure is the way to go. I have been a vit build for a long time and I have been regretting it for at least 10 lvls now; I'm respecing in a few days to almost pure (and maybe completely pure after that, I'll see how it goes).
    I used to HATE people such as the author of this thread, but now I don't. I completely agree: pure or you are a noob. (It IS nice, however, to be able to tank a psy's attacks as a vit sinb:pleased)
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Zabuzan - Sanctuary
    Zabuzan - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    meh im an 82 sin and I got 5.1k hp and im pure dex so you don't neccesarily have to be squishy if your pure dex just get good gear, if you can't hybrid isn't bad too u just don't do as much damage.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    meh im an 82 sin and I got 5.1k hp and im pure dex so you don't neccesarily have to be squishy if your pure dex just get good gear, if you can't hybrid isn't bad too u just don't do as much damage.

-Steals a ban hammer and throws it as you-
    Bad necrob:angry

Btw, I'm now a 37 vit cap hybrid (just because I was too used to vit build to go totally pure) and I love itb:pleased
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm Hybrid sin, 3 dex 1 vit 1 str. Very minimal power loss, and I'm not an aggro thief like other sins while still going all out :)

Holy necro b:shocked
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I feel like going HA and fists now :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I feel like going HA and fists now :(

Go HA and daggers if you must... DEX gives daggers damage AND crit, don't slap PW god in the face for giving us such gift.
  • Kagewashi - Sanctuary
    Kagewashi - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm only level 21, but this is my build and I'm still using hp pots like crazy. I can't imagine what it would be like without the little vit that I have.

yea same here except im hybrid... i hate how i die so often.. now im switching back to my archer
  • Dear - Raging Tide
    Dear - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye

This. HP on gear. Life powders help @ low lvls.
    Lvling this char soon
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    g you need vit and sins go through pots like knives through butter and to lvl an assassin and see for yourself etc; YOU level YOUR assassins. Ever heard of blood paint? I have a level 70 Assassin. When killing mobs of his level, they hit him for around 300, and yet he never meditates. 1 genie second wind heal every 5 or more mins can keep me permanently grinding. How? BP. At low levels the effect may seem crappy, but at mid-high levels it totally overtakes pots. Plus, more dex=more dmg=more bp heal, which negates the additional hp.
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Dust_Souls - Heavens Tear
    Dust_Souls - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    no not really.....the best build would be 1vit 7dex 2str every 2 lvls cause ur assassins gonna be squishy and if u dont beleive me lvl up ur assasin and see how easily u run through HP pots and die =P

b:thanks lol its true i was kill a monster for quest and i die 2 times b:sad
  • subtleintuition
    subtleintuition Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    g you need vit and sins go through pots like knives through butter and to lvl an assassin and see for yourself etc; YOU level YOUR assassins. Ever heard of blood paint? I have a level 70 Assassin. When killing mobs of his level, they hit him for around 300, and yet he never meditates. 1 genie second wind heal every 5 or more mins can keep me permanently grinding. How? BP. At low levels the effect may seem crappy, but at mid-high levels it totally overtakes pots. Plus, more dex=more dmg=more bp heal, which negates the additional hp.

Lvl 97 Sin all Dex build with enough Str for Warsoul... I tank all but the Phys Debuff boss in Frost + 1-1 through 3-1 bosses shy of Wurlord... I have 6500ish hp with Barb Buff.

I may be squishy but I sure put out the damage and draw in the hp... so I very rarely die. And lets not fail to mention with basic 2.0 aps with Demon trip spark I am always sparked (with proper use of my skills)
  • Light/ - Raging Tide10
    Light/ - Raging Tide10 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I recently made one of these. Level 25 atm and he burns like 1-3 hp pots per 2 fights.
    Right now deep sting is being boss, slipstream, deep sting, wait for cd(the mob is not moving), slipstream, dead. It's quite useful atm. I only get dmg'd at first hit and if deep sting fails, i have to go through a lot of dd skills :S.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Level 86 Sin, 117 STR, 3 MAG, 3 VIT, rest DEX. I have ~5177 HP, ~6700 buffed, and I'm pretty much the main tank for FC bosses. Barb tanks groups, I tank bosses, after we noticed I'll steal aggro even without sparking.

I don't even want to know what my damage-dealing capabilities are after I hit 90, since I have a LG cape, TT90 gold, and demon spark waiting for me. As for level 100...

...there's no reason to stat for VIT, ever.

As for pure DEX stealing aggro, if it's not a [?] boss, learn to use Force Stealth to your advantage. If it is a [?] boss, learn to manage your aggro. And Assassin really starts coming into its own 65-70. Before that, I'd use Rib Strike/Puncture wound on regular PVE mobs. Now I just run up and stab the everloving **** out of them until they die, and usually end up at full health after they're dead.
  • ExSin - Archosaur
    ExSin - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    guys, in my opinion... i suggest do like me.. every 1 lvl vit=1, str=base to armor and dagger u want use, and dex=balance stat.. coz no need to much str coz nothing happen of that. i m in that builder. want try is? so fun. i can attack mobs easily no need to worry about so much using potion. after lvl 50 change it to up 1=vit for every 2 lvl. b:thanks
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is no reason for STR beyond equipping certain helms. (Unless you're rolling fists to farm for better gear...I'm playing with Daggers onry, though.)

1 VIT every level/every other level is pointless. My refines are ****. My Warsoul helm is only +5, and the next highest refine I have is my +4 Warsong belt (so no HP from that :( ). Everything else I have is only +2/+3, and sharded with flawless HP shards. With endgame gear, refining to decent levels on top of sharding garnets/citrines should still allow for 7-10k base HP with zero points added to VIT.

If you're so scared of pulling aggro with a full DEX build, then either learn to moderate your damage manually and use Force Stealth intelligently, or pop CoD before you fight bosses.

Edit: I left out that -interval gear helps a ton. If you're still using base interval at 80-90, you should probably reroll another class, though...
  • Nepttys - Lost City
    Nepttys - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    look it may take effor if ure lv 1-90 to have no vit (3) but when u hit lv 95+ ull have money (if u learned how to play) take rank8 chst and put a +10 vit when u hgot money then with a little more of effort buy the others 3 +10 vit stones and add them o ur rank9 chest, and ull have 43 vit (not bat ehh). what about ur lv 1-95 pve? use a ****** apotefary pot fror pveing and ull have ur best killing times!, use ur bloodpaint, did u ever now the most dex=the more attack= the more hp u get back from blood paint? what about sokets in ur gear, an inmaculate hp shard now in lost city is or about 500-600k (its hella cheap ompared with 2M that it was before) put them in ur lv 90+gear uan ull rock, btw low hp funtions well with bloodpaint and a good aps.

b:bye if u ever want more survivality than this go rerroll a fist bm and ull be asking to sins to blood paint u (LOL!!!) use ur aps, and ure dealling less damage than a sin caus u wont have same crit as him... and at end game that will mean that ull last forever with solowing a boss, but a 5aps sin will *** u if u fight him cause... crits!, and... omw nice stuns, and a sin can always use the nice rib strike to slow him to 50% o.O

if ure not a fuuuuul dex sin... then ull b:cry at hier lvs, and then ullb:angry and reroll another class or spend $ buying sesetting things b:bye
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To all the new sins...

Its a pain to at low lvls wait till u get bloodpaint it will get better be patience...

At lv l59 when u get double spark. stuns and the amazing chi skill you are a kiling machine(on mobs)

At 89 you are a king at 100 with int gear you are a god....

Dont add vit its a waste go full dex and be patience...

And just a small PS: taking venos aside wt classes are easy to play if at low lvls???? cleric,wiz,psy(dam mana always runing out)
    BMs barb sins(POT POT POT)
    Archer(pot mana lol)

And you knowadays you guys have the "easyer way" with jones bless and genie suport..

I come from the days where those things were not implemented....
  • nomnomnomyum
    nomnomnomyum Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    well i go pure stated until the culti lvl then i get my self 4 vit and 1 dex (only on culti lvls!!!)b:victory:victory:victory
  • Vern_karen - Sanctuary
    Vern_karen - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i got like 66 vit 116 str and 320 dex....i wondering is that good????
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just calculate it instead of necroing.
This discussion has been closed.