This is the assasin build.

Options

Comments

• Ahemski - Harshlands
    Ahemski - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My assassin build is 7 dex 2 str and 1 vit.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    fail.

unless you like to grind naked.

Listen princess, I have no problem grinding. At lvl's 20-30 it gets kinda tough, but that wsa the same for archer. People complain how archers are easy because they can kite, but then there is a big mana problem/cooldowns.

Assassins wasn't built to be tanks, but be fast and agile, which is why 9:1 will be best and the result will soon show over level 30, than someone with extra vit/str.

"Oh hey, I can take more hits than you" <-- Noob with vit, also takes longer to kill.

"Oh hey I can kill faster than you" <-- Sin with 9:1 build, using a pot, its all good which is normal.

Use my build. Or fail.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Listen princess, I have no problem grinding. At lvl's 20-30 it gets kinda tough, but that wsa the same for archer. People complain how archers are easy because they can kite, but then there is a big mana problem/cooldowns.

Assassins wasn't built to be tanks, but be fast and agile, which is why 9:1 will be best and the result will soon show over level 30, than someone with extra vit/str.

"Oh hey, I can take more hits than you" <-- Noob with vit, also takes longer to kill.

"Oh hey I can kill faster than you" <-- Sin with 9:1 build, using a pot, its all good which is normal.

Use my build. Or fail.

omg your a ******

LA needs 1 str every level, during the 2x you won't notice much of a diff but what happens when/if you ever get to 70 and your still using 50s armor??
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    omg your a ******

LA needs 1 str every level, during the 2x you won't notice much of a diff but what happens when/if you ever get to 70 and your still using 50s armor??

This... Morty, you fail =P Look at the requirements of your armor before making a fail build... this isn't arcane armor which can work off of 1 str ever 2 levels....
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Siketh - Sanctuary
    Siketh - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Use my build. Or fail.

Using your build is failing. Big time.

As said b4... enjoy your 6x-7x using below your lvl gear or arcane amor. Its going to be loads of fun promise.... princess
  • Killahoe - Harshlands
    Killahoe - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Use my build. Or fail.

Why not just go 5 dex each and every lvl all the way to 105.

At least you would have a realy nice crit rate.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    either way assassins are gonna sck due to barley any HP so i can care less and watch when your assassins higher lvl it will get the sh it pwned out of itb:laugh
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Am I hearing the first RA sin?
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Blind_Elf - Sanctuary
    Blind_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I Believe the best build is 7dex 2str 1 vit every level. Some say do 4dex 1 str but keep in mind a assassin isnt a archer. Archers can aford to use that build because they usually kill da monster before it reaches them.

But assassins are melee so they will get hit and without a decent amount of hp and def ur gonna get ur hp wiped down to a 3rd or more of ur total hp.

I recent made a assassin pure build its lvl 20 now and i have to use pots after every fight. So i made a hybrid build assassin lvl 24 and it works way better even with the less dmg
  • SweetxSin - Heavens Tear
    SweetxSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm running a pure dex sin, and it seems to be fine for me. I can fight level 30s and lose about 250 hp per battle, but I just pot after. It may be more expensive, but I like having the extra damage.
    Heavens Tear;
    2x Sin- SweetxSin
    2x Psy- xWhispers
    2x Veno- Kanamelle
    1x Cleric- Yukelle

Hehe I'm a newbie b:victory
  • FadeDaggers - Lost City
    FadeDaggers - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A pure dex build will also get you killed in one or two shots like lots pure builds. What's the use of damage if you can't use it then?

lol i really think most people here dont have high enough lvl sin to know what the real gameplay is im 51 now and get hitted like 190melee dmg own lvl mobs and i have 1.8k hp
    i get hitted max 1-2hits every mob
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When i started my sin, i decided from the getgo to go with a 4 dex-1 str build.
    Used some cash from my main, and started sharding my gear with citrines, nothing else.

Survivability is not an issue provided :

- use life powders when you can
    - learn to make good combo's on the right mobs
    - do loads of dmg/crit in the least amount of time possible.
    - run when needed.

With these things in mind, a sin is a quick killer who doesn't need to worry to much about surviving.

Also, if you're really having trouble with some mobs, grind a bit and leave that questmob for later. You get the exp anyways, even when you are 1 or 2 lvls higher.
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When i started my sin, i decided from the getgo to go with a 4 dex-1 str build.
    Used some cash from my main, and started sharding my gear with citrines, nothing else.

Survivability is not an issue provided :

- use life powders when you can
    - learn to make good combo's on the right mobs
    - do loads of dmg/crit in the least amount of time possible.
    - run when needed.

With these things in mind, a sin is a quick killer who doesn't need to worry to much about surviving.

Also, if you're really having trouble with some mobs, grind a bit and leave that questmob for later. You get the exp anyways, even when you are 1 or 2 lvls higher.

Yeah, running has always helped me to kill a mob very fast! b:laugh i run, he gets tired and dies while im still running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix - Dreamweaver
    Phoenix - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm a 65 Sin, now. Don't worry about VIT.

If you're really hurting for HP, use 2 STR/3 DEX per level until you can equip a passable helm (not an arcane cap, lol MP). After you cap it for a certain level helm (mine's at 80 STR because I got a level 51 helm with ~420 HP for 130k on the auction house), you just need to stat pure DEX until you're caught up with your 1 STR/4 DEX build. In my case, I won't start adding STR in until 76.

My HP is only 2600 with 3 VIT, but this is before I have any TT gear and any serious refines. Since I'm building this Sin for TWs on Dreamweaver (huzzah for Equinox), I may or may not restat later depending on how painful magic attacks are. Ideally I'll want 5k base HP.

However, since most of this discussion is over PVE...go 1 STR/4 DEX. I use an HP pot once every other mob and the occasional second wind, and I don't think I've ever meditated. Ever. My charm only ticks when I'm feeling feisty and take on 3 mobs at once, and even then an advanced spark eruption combined with 1.67 attacks per second can kill two regular mobs in quick succession before it wears off, usually leaving me at almost full health depending on dodges.

One more bit of advice: Focused Mind is disgustingly awesome. It completely negates 25% of the damage you take (magic, ranged, anything); between that, Rib Strike, Bloodpaint, and our natural evasion, you really won't need the VIT for PVE as much as you think.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear51
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear51 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok strength does nothing for an assassin, Vitality is a total waste also.

9:1 is best.

5 Dex
    4 Dex 1 Str.

And repeat.

Morty, please stfu and stop giving bad advice. ffs you already have threads dedicated to hating you!
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=571832

The build you list will never allow you to be using at-level armors unless you waste all your time gathering up gear that gives + str.
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Christ..

There is no such thing as a fail build; only builds that are not advised.

Being that a sin is a melee fighter, some people want to add vit to increase the amout of damage they can take. Thats not a problem. Let em do it. If they want to sacrfice attack for health, then let them. Don't BM's do the same? Depending on thier choice of weapon's path, a BM sacrifices health or accuracy for attack.

A wizz sacrifices more attack damage when they option to use LA over arcane.

If you want to moan that a pure build is better than anyother, the review the facts.

Remember, in a FB, TT, FCC and RB's, those mobs and bosses have an abnormal amount of accuracy. Thier physical attacks will still hit you more often than not.

Magic? LOL, thats your ****. You can resist, but it wont miss.

Now, for those that think adding Vit is wrong? When it comes down to a boss who AoE's alot, you'll most likely die first. Know why? That person who added vit has more time to pot than you do.

Don't get me wrong. I use the pure Dex build myself. However, I was smart when I made my sin. Months before the release, I started making tomes, along with a friend. As time went on, the tideborn were released and when they were, I had a level 4 tome waiting for mine, + vit/dex. Why? I figure that it was melee, but based on dex. A pure build would work, but I wanted more vit to stay alive longer.

Don't down another for what they do. If it suits them, then who are you to tell them otherwise? You can ADVISE, but not blatantly insult them.
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • AzureKiller - Heavens Tear
    AzureKiller - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Christ..

There is no such thing as a fail build; only builds that are not advised.

Being that a sin is a melee fighter, some people want to add vit to increase the amout of damage they can take. Thats not a problem. Let em do it. If they want to sacrfice attack for health, then let them. Don't BM's do the same? Depending on thier choice of weapon's path, a BM sacrifices health or accuracy for attack...

Well I agree to all of you guys, adding vit and or not but now I'm slightly confused, Vit or Not? Pure or Hybrid?

Me well as all the other I decided to play once again pwi since I've subscribed to it and pwi staff keeps pm-imng me all the updates and I was like "ooW" "new races" and now I've made an assasin or "Sin" as you guys call them...

But now I'm stuck I've lvl 10 Sin with no build, in other words I've saved my points with only the given stats and no build at all(50 spare points FTW)!!!

Well I've rolled, crossed, been tossed around and have survives so far by taking risks and by betting with lady luck and with some help from the Santas' elves, lol j/k... But I don't think thats gonna help when the mobs gets stronger for the lvls ahead, and not to mention the fbs, and now I'm gonna lose exp!!!

I've even read about a guy, idk his name, who said about a build of "pure: 9dex + 1str" each 2 lvls... and people have questioned him, and even said "do you want to go naked?" (on page 8 I think there's something about a group of people hating the "naked man"

/Link to the thread:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=571832/

and pls if you're that man, don't target me, you'll get no benefits for it, cause I'm often broke in the game and have only two charaters!!!)

Well I agree to that, with that build he can do lots of dmg, but the requirements of the armors will be a minus, he can't wear armor for his lvl, only below.

So any suggests anyone?
    *Pure: 4dex + 1str / 8dex + 2 str for each lvl?
    *Hybrid: 3dex + 1str + 1vit and 4dex + 1str for every second lvl?

Don't say to me that I'm noob, just newbie, and I don't wanna use a resest scroll again, I'd to kite lots to get one and that was from 3 of my characters put together(I don't know how to use credit card yet, and it was like 150k~ 160 each gold) was hard when I could only play once a month... so pm me Please

Thxes smuches b:pleased
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Christ..

There is no such thing as a fail build; only builds that are not advised

sorry but 9 dex 1 str every 2 levels IS a fail build no matter what way you look at it
  • Nibbler - Dreamweaver
    Nibbler - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sorry but 9 dex 1 str every 2 levels IS a fail build no matter what way you look at it

Unless u buy specific str stat added armor :p
    But yeh, that's a FAIL in general.

For ppl who don't know yet...every str u add every lvl, makes u able to wear light armor.
    Adding 1 str every 2 lvls makes u even more squishy that an arcane build...

In other words, survivabilty zero.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

funny thing is, when i first made my sin when expansion hit and wondering what builds to do i was actually doing 9dex 1 str build untill i was like lvl 3 or 4. then i looked at the armors at the smith and was like "Osht...". pretty epic momentb:surrender luckily i was low enought lvl to just add like 3 str or something to fix my build and continue on with a 4dex 1 str build lol.

feel sry for morty tho who is using didnt realize this and continued with his 9dex 1 str build. which would explain why hewas using the lvl 20 daggers and the lvl 10 Tborn armor for as long as he did lol.
  • Gleerock - Heavens Tear
    Gleerock - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

So shall I go for the 4 dex + 1 str every lvls?
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So shall I go for the 4 dex + 1 str every lvls?

yes

dtjutjutujy
  • Gleerock - Heavens Tear
    Gleerock - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yes

dtjutjutujy

So when do I start to citrine my armours? Or can I survive with only normal Light Armours with no +vit? can I tank normal mobs at the same lvl? Thxes in forhand
  • Nexdonuum - Lost City
    Nexdonuum - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I went 1 vit, 2 str, and 7 dex until base of 17 vit (21 with armor) and have been doing 1 str 4 dex every level since. I'm squishy, but I'm pretty glad I got that extra 12 points in vit that I did. At this point in an assassin's 'life' 15 points in vit isn't going to hurt too much, as 15 points can't even get you a full crit %. With my dex at it's current rate, I'm starting to notice from my dex that my evasion/accuracy (1008 acc, 1128 eva) is starting to ramp up a little now, and it's grand. I was grinding, some noob BM came and tried to pk me, failed horribly (missed 9/10 attempted hits) and I killed him, then I was pked by a high lvl BM. Suffice to say, even with my limited dex, he still missed 5 times in a row as I was running away from him, then finally hit me for 15 hp more than I had. xD Even with not having the full amount of dex I COULD have at this point, it is very good regardless. I find myself missing not too often (like maybe 1 or 2 times in the span of a few mobs, maybe I'm just getting lucky lol) and I'm evading quite a bit of hits myself. And from my limited PvP with this assassin, I've not been disappointed. :D

Back on topic, I'll add 3 more vit sometime to give myself a solid base of 20 vit (+ whatever is from gear) but otherwise I'm going to stick with the 1 str 4 dex from here on out. I don't think it's a bad tradeoff to put at least some points in vit. But then again, that's just my opinion. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick learning Apprentice in the Arts of Subtle Killing.
  • zayonx
    zayonx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    4dex 1str, this is the build, u wont win anything with vit, because hp doesnt help you u will be taking the same amount of hits and u will be killing slowly so u take more hits and more potions used, monsters will never oneshot u so u only need PvP resistance, thats what shards are made for. Ur always hp low becuz of our low defense, and vit only increasis a bit of defense, str doesnt increases the daggers power, i wont be saying if u dont use pure build ur noob its ur choise, this is just my opinion
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I use pure build really, why have more hp or something lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This "guide" is the equivilant of saying "I'm Christian, and anyone who does not believe in the Bible or in Jesus Christ is going to hell to suffer eternal damnation."

Keep your religion and thoughts to yourself.

Because MY views are the only correct ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SorrentoSren - Dreamweaver
    SorrentoSren - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pure dex build = kill fast sins have a sleep skill then a freeze skill silence skill stuns only use ur mind to combine all this skill but speccially to kill very very fast buy a mp charm or mana pots, and use ur skills like a mage (after using chill of deep) to get unhurt from battles, if u love using normal attack then add some points to vit, sins ftw b:victory

btw i prefer a pure dex i love to see critical hits coming from m...b:shutup

ok thats it
  • VVTH - Sanctuary
    VVTH - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Im just throwing this out there, but maybe we should just cap our vit at say like 30 or something? i know most bms cap at 50, but seeing that sins get squashed really fast but kill pretty quick, it might not hurt having the little bit of padding XD

Im pure dex...1 hitted a 101 cleric in pk the other day. Also have killed many others...today i owned a 98 archer outside silverpool xP squadded him after...he had 5.4k hp. I love being a pure dex sin b:laugh
  • Alchemon - Dreamweaver
    Alchemon - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye

I hear ya !! 4 dex 1 str. Thats how we Assassin brothers/sisters become Elite

b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Assassin
    Alchemon Uses
    4 Dex 1 str
    every level,
    Do like me
    and u will
    become
    strong
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
This discussion has been closed.