I think I'll go sage, thanks.

Vampirish - Lost City
Vampirish - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Archer
I've looked at the skills, and overall, I think sage is a little better sounding to me.

1. Blazing arrow last longer, allowing you to overall do more damage
2. Sharpened tooth arrow reduces HP by 4 percent more, basically making killing 4 percent easier.
3. Stunning arrow stuns longer, giving you more time to do damage.
4. Bow mastery gives a huge increase in attack power.

While demon's strengths:

1. Frost arrow can recover chi
2. Winged blessing gives a big increase in damage/ crit rate.

Well, 4>2, so sage>demon.
Plus, no archers are sage, so I'm more special.

That's just my opinion.
Post edited by Vampirish - Lost City on

Comments

• Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you are level 13.
    /thread
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you are level 13.
    /thread

lol, maybe for pve.. learn the mechanics of pvp before you post ^_^
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Who wants to bet on this being a troll?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you are level 13.
    /thread

This

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Vampirish - Lost City
    Vampirish - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you are level 13.
    /thread

I'd be a higher level if I didn't constantly delete my mains.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Like what? 20? 25? *gasp* 30!!!???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    fail troll is fail...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you are level 13.
    /thread

That is nuff said bish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Both last 15 minutes.
    2. Sharpened tooth arrow reduces HP by 4 percent more, basically making killing 4 percent easier.
    This is actually a good thing, however its 99.
    4. Bow mastery gives a huge increase in attack power, and ranged blessing gives more range. Sage has better passives.
    5. Take aim does more damage
    6. Sages have chi oozing out of every pore in their body.

While demon's strengths:

0. Frost arrow can recover chi, but nobody cares.
    1. Barage of arrows goes faster, which is win.
    3. Quickshot makes your attack speed go up, which is good for both PvP and PvE
    4. Demon spark.. nuff said
    5. Stunning arrow and Sharpened tooth arrow spike your crit rates high.

Actually a lot of archers are sage. They can actually work quite well in fact, one of them soloed TT3-2 and Beliail. however demon archers tend to be better at unloading damage.

That's just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Remember to add dex when you level up OP. Also you can level your skills at the trainers in plume, and archasaur. That is all good luck b:bye
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Terribly misinformed post.

Many archers actually go sage for the PvE experience if they don't plan on PvP.

If you are even considering going into proper PK one day (which at your level, you shouldn't even be thinking about. Seriously, go level up.) then you want to go demon. There is no debate there.

Honestly, you trolls these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    go sage, go fist, win against all.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    go sage, go fist, win against all mobs

fixed
    b:angry
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    fixed
    b:angry

I'm actually interested to know if anyone in DW (yes it's a pve server but it's not like I can challenge someone in a different server) can beat me in best out of 7 1v1 pk.

and reply to the expected "only because nobody beat the amount of zen you charged." I doubt I'm even in the top 5 cashshoppers on dw.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've looked at the skills, and overall, I think sage is a little better sounding to me.

While demon's strengths:

That's just my opinion.

Blazing arrow last longer, allowing you to overall do more damage.(they have the same duration)
    Sharpened tooth arrow reduces HP by 4 percent more, basically making killing 4 percent easier.(Demon gives a huge increase to cri rate)
    Stunning arrow stuns longer, giving you more time to do damage.(Ditto as Demon STA)
    Frost arrow can recover chi(big deal,Sage Quickshot Wingspan and Lightning Strike give this too)

Fail troll.

b:shutup/threadb:shutup
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010

1. It does not, Demon Blazing Arrow just adds an extra 70% for 20 seconds.
    2. Demon Sharpened Tooth Arrow adds 10% crit.
    3. Demon Stunning Arrow adds 10% crit
    4. The increase is to the 75% that you already have, not to mention that your damage is also increased by dex, so the actual increase is about 3%.

1. Eh? On average, the chi increase makes Demon Frost Arrow cost 15 chi instead of 25. But not like you didn't already have plenty of chi in PvE.
    2. 1% increase in crit, no increase in damage.

However, Demon Quick Shot has a 50% chance of speeding up your attack speed by 30%. Also, Demon Spark adds 25% attack speed, but the two are non-stackable.

There's a reason why Demon Archers are much, much more common than Sage Archers.

It's funny to see a lowbie looking at the skills while not having any real clue as to what is the difference between a good archer and a great archer.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • XJinxx - Sanctuary
    XJinxx - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i think i'll go sage too
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Blazing arrow last longer, allowing you to overall do more damage.(they have the same duration)
    Sharpened tooth arrow reduces HP by 4 percent more, basically making killing 4 percent easier.(Demon gives a huge increase to cri rate)
    Stunning arrow stuns longer, giving you more time to do damage.(Ditto as Demon STA)
    Frost arrow can recover chi(big deal,Sage Quickshot Wingspan and Lightning Strike give this too)

Fail troll.

b:shutup/threadb:shutup

not against boss, in high lv u kill boss's mainly not mobs.

yes i use my sage archer mainly for pve in pvp server because its my cheap eq tt farmer xD

ok i like tw and group pk too but in 1vs1 not too nice.
    1. It does not, Demon Blazing Arrow just adds an extra 70% for 20 seconds.
    2. Demon Sharpened Tooth Arrow adds 10% crit.
    3. Demon Stunning Arrow adds 10% crit
    4. The increase is to the 75% that you already have, not to mention that your damage is also increased by dex, so the actual increase is about 3%.

1. dont matter if u kill a boss. if u spam allways that skill u lose alot sec, so u lose more than gain.
    2. 4% against boss worth more
    3. who use it agaisnt boss?
    4. ~5%

u have right if u talk about killing mob 1by1 but its useless against buss exclude if u spam with dartle but its kinda annoying for me during boss killing the spamming the skills.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    1. dont matter if u kill a boss. if u spam allways that skill u lose alot sec, so u lose more than gain.

That is like saying that Demon Spark, Demon Quick Shot, Demon Sharpened Tooth and Demon Stunning Arrow are all useless, since their buffs last for less than 20 seconds. It's just not that way.

And btw, the buff still lasts the full duration, just has an extra 70% for 20 seconds. So you do not need to rebuff any more than you used to.
    2. 4% against boss worth more

Boss this, boss that. Try doing some PvP and then come back. Also, a 10% increase in Crit gets you about 30% more damage, so how about that? It's basically guaranteed that you WILL deal enough damage for 30% of your overall to be more than 4% of the boss' life. Otherwise, you would be dealing less than 1/8th of all the damage. Which definitely is NOT the case.
    3. who use it agaisnt boss?

Boss this, boss that. Try PvP and say that again. Stun + Crit buff is epic ****.
    4. ~5%

(1+0.9+400/150)/(1+0.75+400/150)=4.57/4.42 = ~1.03393665. That's 3%, not 5%.

Btw, if you wanted it to be 5% or more, you would need 187 or less dex. Good luck with that.

Oh, and since you will ask about the numbers: It's from the damage formula for ranged damage: (1+skillbonus%+dex/150)*(wpn+adds)

And I got the dex value for the 5% by solving for x from the below equation:

(1.9+x)/(1.75+x)=1.05

Then, once you have x, you realize that x = dex/150 and therefore dex=150x.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2010

b:byeb:byeb:bye

I'm not sure if this was supposed to be serious or not b:chuckle
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010

Also, a 10% increase in Crit gets you about 30% more damage, so how about that? It's basically guaranteed that you WILL deal enough damage for 30% of your overall to be more than 4% of the boss' life. Otherwise, you would be dealing less than 1/8th of all the damage. Which definitely is NOT the case.

How do u get 30% out of that? 10% increase in crit to a base of say 30% crit gives you an improvement to average dps of about 7-8%.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How do u get 30% out of that? 10% increase in crit to a base of say 30% crit gives you an improvement to average dps of about 7-8%.

This is roughly accurate when simplifying/ignoring target defense.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    a 100% crit rate gives you a 100% improvement to DPS since you constantly hit double the damage. Something would be really wrong if 10% more crit gives 30% more DPS.

The higher the base crit rate, the less % improvement in dps you get from bonus crit rate.

Suppose you have 10k p atk and 30% base crit. the average dps is 10k * (1 + 0.3) = 13k
    having 10% more crit means 10k * (1 + 0.4) = 14k
    the 1k extra dps is an increase of about 7.6% from 13k.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • GARCeleritas - Lost City
    GARCeleritas - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm new to PWI, but my experience with MMOs tells me immediately that Demon's the superior choice by far. =/ 25% more attack speed is akin to 25% more damage over time, aint it? Then there's the crit. :O
    Don't ever forget the moment you began to doubt;
    Transitioning from fitting in to standing out.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010

Ugh, of course, it's ~7.7%.

I forgot the 1.

Though, it could change depending on how the game deals with crits. Since, to me, the "multiplier=1+crit" just doesn't seem right, since crit is supposed to DOUBLE your damage. But 1+2crit would crash on anything over 50% crit.

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You'll notice near end-game that most demon archers end-game don't really skill spam, mainly because they don't really need to. Against most classes they can just stun + quickshot normal attack pewpewpewpewpewpewpew with an occasional sharptooth thrown in here and there. Different story with HA classes, which is just metal spam.

Demon spark archer = ****.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: Never mind.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    EDIT: Never mind.

Well, looking at the first post, there's no much hope for this topic.

Also, I am honestly curious as to the true nature of how crit% is counted in the game.

I once got some weird answer about 1+crit+something, where there was "Chance to not crit" somewhere in there, but that doesn't seem to work either.

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well, looking at the first post, there's no much hope for this topic.

Also, I am honestly curious as to the true nature of how crit% is counted in the game.

I once got some weird answer about 1+crit+something, where there was "Chance to not crit" somewhere in there, but that doesn't seem to work either.
    It's really simple than you're making it out to be. Crit % here is just the probability of hitting double damage.

30% crit rate means 30% chance to hit double damage. That's it. b:surrender
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    It's really simple than you're making it out to be. Crit % here is just the probability of hitting double damage.

30% crit rate means 30% chance to hit double damage. That's it. b:surrender

But how does that factor into the average damage?

Logic would say that the multiplier defaults at 1+0, since otherwise crit% would reduce the damage instead of increasing it.

However, just 1+crit% doesn't seem to make sense, since it's supposed to DOUBLE the damage.

However, 1+2*crit would give you a multiplier of 3 with 100% crit, which just doesn't make sense.