What's still missing for Tideborn?

Comments

• Norvian - Lost City
    Norvian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    One thing I've noticed on my assassin, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

I've noticed that the stealth skill (purple)starts when you press it, and you can stop it by 1)attacking a mob 2)running out of mana 3)pressing the stealth skill again.

But on the (gold) stealth skill shadow escape you can only exit out of it by 1)attacking a mob 2)running out of mana.

Should you not be able to exit a skill by pressing the escape button? We have that feature on every other character. Press escape it stops you from attacking even. But if you go into stealth mode likely you did it for a reason, so attacking a mob isn't the best suggestion. (example) if I need to meditate. And letting it run til I'm out of MP sucks too, if I used a mp charm it would be eaten up in no time.

So either the skill was not made properly, or this is a conspiracy for you to buy more MP charms :) lol.. not sure which. Would be nice if they were both fixed where escape is a feature used to stop both skills!

Just cleic the purple one again lol
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    Just noticed TB aoe attacks only go 8m compared to everyone else with 12m at level 10.
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We need more tideborn armors, like the one you get at lv 15, normal light armors req too many str b:surrender

Also fix the dump face color bug, my char looks like a Geisha!!!
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We need more tideborn armors, like the one you get at lv 15, normal light armors req too many str b:surrender

Question: Are you asking for special tide born armour that you can buy from shops?
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Question: Are you asking for special tide born armour that you can buy from shops?

Yea Buy and Craft b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    Yea Buy and Craft b:chuckle

It depends, do other classes have special armour? If not im against this unless they also get special armour to make it fair because it's kinda stupid to give one class something like that then leave out all the other classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Krades - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    It depends, do other classes have special armour? If not im against this unless they also get special armour to make it fair because it's kinda stupid to give one class something like that then leave out all the other classes.

WTF, It doesnt have to be fair b:laugh
    we have weapon token, other classes dontb:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    WTF, It doesnt have to be fair b:laugh
    we have weapon token, other classes dontb:chuckle

Then **** on new armour for TB's. Don't act as if were some kind of special race, cause were not all we are is just a new race that was implemented later on in the game along with an expansion. Sure we got token quest but theres a 50% chance you dont get it and the weapons used to make them are not that great IMO.

Also yes it does have to be fair, infact I think the other classes deserve a token quest just to even the score a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I should have a quest like weapon token that has a chance to give me 2 ancient devil's souls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited February 2010
    I should have a quest like weapon token that has a chance to give me 2 ancient devil's souls.

I agree you other classes deserve token quests as well I mean it's only fairb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    - Inability to re-purchase level 30 quest wings

Nope, you can purchase them from the guy who gave them to you for...much coins.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just curious, but what things are still missing for Tideborn classes? Here are the ones I know of:

1. No level 79 or 100 skills.
    2. No Demon/Sage skills.
    3. No Assassin or Psychic specific skills for genies.
    4. Tideborn wings can't be upgraded.
    5. The English language

Anything else I'm forgetting?

That is all
    CupCakeBot Outb:shutup
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i dont see anything wrong with the tideborns. i love it so much. but maybe by the time im a high lvl, the things you guys said will be fixed :)
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So much missing its ridiculous. No clue why they haven't patched the class yet but its getting silly, pretty much every server has several 99+ tideborns and they dont even have triple spark b:cold

Pretty obvious they knew people would lvl fast since they came out with hyper exp short after the Tideborn expansion. What the hell are tideborns suppose to do, get 90 than 99 and than nothing happens. They could at least say something about when you can expect a patch b:angry.

Makes me kinda sad they cant hurry the hell up, no point leveling a tideborn at all past 80+ atm. Around 95+ you will be at sucha huge disadvantage compared to other classes since lack of skills and weapons.
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    fix for ATI graphic card bug.

THIS. Please.
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What's missing for them is the NERF b:laugh

lolz I'm just kidding :P
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So much missing its ridiculous. No clue why they haven't patched the class yet but its getting silly, pretty much every server has several 99+ tideborns and they dont even have triple spark b:cold
    i guess they are waiting spring/summer expansion

Pretty obvious they knew people would lvl fast since they came out with hyper exp short after the Tideborn expansion. What the hell are tideborns suppose to do, get 90 than 99 and than nothing happens. They could at least say something about when you can expect a patch b:angry.
    i just lol to people that have oracled then hyper

Makes me kinda sad they cant hurry the hell up, no point leveling a tideborn at all past 80+ atm. Around 95+ you will be at sucha huge disadvantage compared to other classes since lack of skills and weapons.
    no point pass 89/90, last culti u get is lv 81

all we can do is keep waiting but i hope we will get answer soon, im lv 84 without having mariage quest which is a real big boost leveling
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    THIS. Please.

+1million!!! Erfb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Yishuin - Sanctuary
    Yishuin - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it starts to be long indeed :s.

Ive lvled without using oracle just with bh, cs, quests, some fb. Right now im almost lvl 80 with lvl 79 culti done and... still :

no lvl 79 skills
    no demon/sage boost
    no demon/sage spark
    a lot of errors in skills descriptions
    no tt70/80/90 green daggers/artifact

so what? i lvl up to 88 only wit grinding and accumulate money for when devs will decide to implement our skills/weapons?

pleaz need some feedback b:beg
  • Iredyn - Sanctuary
    Iredyn - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    To answer the title of this thread...

Balance with the other classes in the game.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Whats still missing from tideborn?

Nerf.

Thats whats still missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvylBlood - Heavens Tear
    EvylBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Are the 79+ skills implemented? Or the sage/demon cultivation?
    Heard a rumor they weren't.

suposidly there is going to be a pack that gives demon/sage skills, and for now the only way to get them....not sure if this is true
  • Doujin - Sanctuary
    Doujin - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As we were saying on the Psychic forum, we miss a skill to debuff Black Voodoo/White Voodoo which can hinder us when playing on squad, when we pull aggro, or just to not pull aggro and provide a better playing experience for all the squad members. It can make us tank longer while other tanker take back aggro, avert us from stupid death or making a squad fail in front of a boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    suposidly there is going to be a pack that gives demon/sage skills, and for now the only way to get them....not sure if this is true
    That's a forum running joke, not something that's really going to happen.

Anyways, I've updated the list in the first post to reflect all of the reasonable requests in this thread, and noted which have been fixed (way too few b:sad), so please post here if you know of any others that are missing or that have been fixed which I don't know about.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just curious, but what things are still missing for Tideborn classes? Here are the ones I know of:

1. No level 79 or 100 skills.
    2. No Demon/Sage skills.
    3. No Tideborn, Assassin, or Psychic specific skills for genies.
    4. Tideborn wings can't be upgraded.
    5. Inability to re-purchase level 30 quest wings. FIXED
    6. Lack of proper grammar in quests. IMPROVED
    7. Large lack of TT weapons (60 green, 90, and 99 gold are all we get).
    8. Fix for the ATI graphic card bug that shows Tideborn faces as off-white, regardless of skin color.
    9. No OHT weapons.
    10. No green Frost/Lunar weapons.
    11. No gold level 100 Lunar weapons.
    12. Correct skill descriptions (Focus Mind, Forced Stealth, Power dash, etc...).
    13. Auction categories for Tideborn weapons and wings. FIXED
    14. No Dragon Quest weapons.
    15. No Messenger of the Sages weapons.
    16. No Warsoul weapons.
    17. Skill fixes for existing skills (Deaden Nerves and the Soul of X skills don't get much more useful as you level them).
    18. No third spark.

Anything else I'm forgetting?

EDIT: Updated list. Please post in this thread to let me know if any of these have been fixed or if any are other items are still missing.
    There's obviously some balancing that will be done (some call it "nerfing") of current skills and damage before 79 and sage/demon will come. If people wanted completeness, why did they continue to play races that weren't complete from the get-go? If I were a developer and people were drooling all over an incomplete product and buying into it anyways why would I be so inclined to finish it right off the bat?

I knew there would need to be changes and the like, and that both psy's and 'sins were not even close to done development-wise, which is why I stopped playing my psychic the 2nd day after the expansion release.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    There's obviously some balancing that will be done (some call it "nerfing") of current skills and damage before 79 and sage/demon will come.
    I disagree. Their ability to steal aggro (since their aggro was reduced) seems to be about the same as archers and wizards now, and their skills and damage don't seem to be hugely better or worse than other classes. Just take a look at the debates of wiz vs. psy damage, for example, and you'll see that people can't agree which is better. If there was an unbalancing difference, then there would be no argument.

Still, some skills do need some tweaking, as I mentioned, because they barely improve as you level them (using more MP for a tiny increase in range is a poor incentive to level a skill). So, "tweak" yeah, "nerf" no.

If you disagree, please name something specific that needs balancing and explain why.
    If people wanted completeness, why did they continue to play races that weren't complete from the get-go?
    Gee, maybe they were hoping the missing parts would come sooner? My psychic is level 45 now, so most of the things I've listed don't affect me yet, but I'd like them to be added before I need them. Most of those items are weapons too, so it's just some stat copying with a little modification plus a weapon model and then adding them to the forges/whatnot, and half that list would be done.

Besides, why wouldn't you want completeness???
    If I were a developer and people were drooling all over an incomplete product and buying into it anyways why would I be so inclined to finish it right off the bat?
    Because you care about the long term, instead of just the short term? It also depends on how long you think it will take to complete the missing pieces, and what you think delaying those incomplete things might cost you. In other words, it's not as simple a decision as you make it out to be.
    I knew there would need to be changes and the like, and that both psy's and 'sins were not even close to done development-wise, which is why I stopped playing my psychic the 2nd day after the expansion release.
    That's nice. Meanwhile I, and many others, are having fun with our Tideborn characters anyways. b:pleased

Still, I see no reason not to keep track of what is missing as a "helpful reminder" of what still needs to be done. If someone at PWE wanted to prod the Chinese developers with what still needs to be done, they can pretty much just copy and paste this list.

Of course, there are some things I don't see them doing, like creating a whole new FB19 (Tideborn have the octopus quest instead), so I left that off the list. I think the Token Quests more than make up for one missing FB anyways.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I disagree. Their ability to steal aggro (since their aggro was reduced) seems to be about the same as archers and wizards now, and their skills and damage don't seem to be hugely better or worse than other classes. Just take a look at the debates of wiz vs. psy damage, for example, and you'll see that people can't agree which is better. If there was an unbalancing difference, then there would be no argument.

Still, some skills do need some tweaking, as I mentioned, because they barely improve as you level them (using more MP for a tiny increase in range is a poor incentive to level a skill). So, "tweak" yeah, "nerf" no.

If you disagree, please name something specific that needs balancing and explain why.

Gee, maybe they were hoping the missing parts would come sooner? My psychic is level 45 now, so most of the things I've listed don't affect me yet, but I'd like them to be added before I need them. Most of those items are weapons too, so it's just some stat copying with a little modification plus a weapon model and then adding them to the forges/whatnot, and half that list would be done.

Besides, why wouldn't you want completeness???

Because you care about the long term, instead of just the short term? It also depends on how long you think it will take to complete the missing pieces, and what you think delaying those incomplete things might cost you. In other words, it's not as simple a decision as you make it out to be.

That's nice. Meanwhile I, and many others, are having fun with our Tideborn characters anyways. b:pleased

Still, I see no reason not to keep track of what is missing as a "helpful reminder" of what still needs to be done. If someone at PWE wanted to prod the Chinese developers with what still needs to be done, they can pretty much just copy and paste this list.

Of course, there are some things I don't see them doing, like creating a whole new FB19 (Tideborn have the octopus quest instead), so I left that off the list. I think the Token Quests more than make up for one missing FB anyways.
    Psychic skills, even after the supposed aggro nerfing, did not reduce the dmg they do, and dmg is still aggro. I watch psychics still pull off of reaming barbs in their 40s doing BH29, something that archers nor wizards could do, and this was after that supposed nerf. This kind of damage and aggro pulling, even with highly refined weapons, wasn't even really possible until the 80s (gold bow, even lunar), yet it happens much earlier with psychics, for example. This is a sign of being OP and in need to be nerfed. This is also the likely culprit as to why they don't have friggen sage/demon skills on top of it which would only throw off that balance by a huge margin. The last balancing act which did virtually nothing was a testament to this. People don't need to agree on anything, as there is too much PC **** going around and little honesty.

I did not suggest, btw, that I did not want "completeness", I just realized an incomplete product when I played it, from when the heals were a lame **** 5 meter range, to where you were two shotting mobs in your 20s, to where you have no 79 or 100 skills in your f-ing skill tree. It was obvious this is due for a nerf and some big changes (hardly a "tweak" which is a little change which would not be the case by throwing in sage/demon on the current TB classes), which is what happens every time in MMO's anyhow, just out of conventional wisdom, when they throw new races/classes into the mix. Now, about why not play it, well try to put aside your tantrum for a second and think rationally. If somebody puts out a product, and this product is obviously not complete, would everyone playing it and paying into it anyways make them want to change it quickly? Or would people avoiding it embarrass them and pressure them to change it? Much like when nobody spends rl money to pay for **** due to a lack of bug fixes, will they be more inclined to fix bugs over, say, throw more fash in the cash shop? Developers will only do what is most prevalent to their company's bottom line. If people are paying up the **** to hyper, oracle, and go ape on their new TB's, then they will be less inclined to fix **** in a timely manner. Sorry, can't hear you, counting the cash. Anyhow, kinda in doubt if any of this will sink in as it seems you're in self-defense mode as if I'm personally attacking you by criticizing the TB class.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Psychic skills, even after the supposed aggro nerfing, did not reduce the dmg they do, and dmg is still aggro.
    Damage is a part of aggro, yes, but not all of it. Otherwise how did they reduce the aggro without also reducing the damage?

In other words, you cannot say "aggro = damage", because it doesn't. Analogies based on that claim are false, or inaccurate at best. "Damage = damage" and there is little evidence that either Tideborn class is clearly OP when it comes to the numbers.

If you think I'm wrong, show me the numbers instead of referring to pointless anecdotal evidence, which is not a decent basis for an objective statement of fact.
    watch psychics still pull off of reaming barbs in their 40s doing BH29, something that archers nor wizards could do
    LOL. I've done this myself with my LA cleric (with crits) and with my veno's pets. If you think archers and wizards can't do that, then you must not squad with strong archers or wizards much. I've seen it happen and had to heal them. (Of course, the fact that Qingzi's aggro resets at 50% health makes it a bit easier.)
    I did not suggest, btw, that I did not want "completeness", I just realized an incomplete product when I played it
    You said, "If people wanted completeness, why did they continue to play races that weren't complete from the get-go?" I just answered your question.
    well try to put aside your tantrum for a second and think rationally.
    [snip greed conspiracy theory]
    Anyhow, kinda in doubt if any of this will sink in as it seems you're in self-defense mode as if I'm personally attacking you by criticizing the TB class.
    LOL. Pot, you're the black one.

Personally, I go with, "Don't attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity." I just think they underestimated the time it would take to implement these things before people needed them. Simply forgetting to account for other bug fixes can add unexpected time to a schedule.

If you want to prove me wrong, don't insult me, just show me strong objective verifiable evidence. That's all it takes to convince me.

If you don't, keep insulting me, it makes your arguments sound sooo much stronger. b:chuckle
  • _PROVIDENCE_ - Sanctuary
    _PROVIDENCE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Am I the only one thinking Tideborn's wings looks like two cardboard pieces put togther, and that every male looks like a Pete Burns from Dead or Alive?

-Prov-
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ill personally attack the 'tides.

I cant stand them. They need to be nuked. The whole damn city.

"We dont take kindly to your type around here"

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]