Please show more respect to other's

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:embarrass thats the cycle for you right there

Oh I agree. But to give you an example of this. I invited someone into my faction, and the VERY first thing they ask is if I will give them my TB's Spectral Haze wings. Starts begging, starts asking for coin, etc.

I kept telling them no. They just kept it up. I eventually logged off and switched to a different character and let myself think about the issue for a bit.

Logged back in on this one and booted them from my faction. Then today I get a PM from them not understanding why I booted them.

Well gee, I think it is a no brainer there.

~S
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...seriously?

Wtf is with these people. You guys are way too sensitive.

Go play COD4, DotA, even WoW, and youll learn that the PWI community is actually really nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well sometimes its actually people who know full well what they are doing other times its people who truly don't understand what they are doing is frowned upon. Its quite difficult to explain to the latter but with enough talk the first breaks down 100% of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    blame saitada, him being alive makes people want to commit suicide.
    I dont blame them, i really wouldnt want want to live either when there are " I-dont-care "-icans like him existing in the world today. ....funny he is an adult and acts 10 times worse than any 13 year old that plays this game. b:bye
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    To be honest, I can (and have been) less than mature sometimes, but not as bad as others out there. to the OP, I had made a similar thread to yours a few months ago. You'll find that people can and will be jerks online, oftentimes making me wonder what would happen if online games should have some form of social compatibility test to determine how much of a jerk you are going to be towards people, and allow people to have a switch that automatically BLs those people, or at least color-code their name so you don't have to worry about ending up in a random failsquad just because they demand things done their way.

I've been in squads, where i've often been either told what I should be doing/and or called something other than the name that appears to them on the squad list, oftentimes by someone who has absolutely no clue how to play my class, or if they have some clue from experience, hasn't played the class long enough to determine a correct strategy. I've also been in squads that because of certain costs, people believe they should be treated like royalty. As a DD, I often get the blunt end of the stick, and am believed that I'm supposed to deal with it because I chose this class. Sure, I chose this class, but it DOESN'T mean that I'm supposed to be treated any lower than another class just because I'm not usually needed to heal, or tank something other than Mantavip. To date a more recent experience: I was in a 2-2 squad, that happened to have two clerics, one 88, one 85. The 88 cleric was quite nice, and quite calm, actually putting up with the other cleric, who was constantly bashing on the DDs, myself in particular, and offering to BB in places that didn't actually need it, and nearly getting us killed in some places. When it came time for drop distribution, the 85 cleric somehow believed she should go first, because she had used "more mana" than the other cleric, QQing about how she used up her pots cause she didn't have a charm. Both the cleric and I had spoken up about this, and the barb agreed. the 85 cleric then got her drop, but the decided to offer it to her veno friend who was in the squad instead, eventually leaving with nothing.

My point is, oftentimes, you will see people not giving others very much respect, but there will be a time when their disrespect gets them back.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I learn this as i was growing up when i didn't have money no one botherd me when they heard i had money they where my best friends and i learn not to be pushed around and at times im firm and tell them how i feel im very strait forward infact when iam on my cleric i had a couple making remarks i stated to them how would u feel if i left they said no no no im sorry i have left a few squads on barb and cleric so i have my limits.

They ask why i left i say well i dont like the **** going on and 2 times sense i started this game i had to block 2 people for nagging me for coin or charms etc easy that way.

Saitada im sure one time or another i may of helped you and other's out there as i said i only help those who earn my respect by showing me respect being nice im sure your a good person inside just tired of the **** like iam.

Some player's who act rude i bet there parents let them get away with it and they turn out to be this way it's how there being raised and some parents have a hard time controlling there kids what there taught on tv or video games or games like this learning from others.

my lady friend be 40 this year omg told me this 13 year old wanted to marry her and wanted to talk dirty etc when she ask where u learn this he said my friends told me it cool to act like that i said omg a 13 year old picking up bad things whats next.iam sure you or other friends u know had this happen lol

We live in a sick world dont we .
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have to agree with Saitada. He pretty much took the words out of my mouth (which saved me from having to type it all out). Also have to agree with Hydra, to some extent. PWI isn't the only place you'll find this, pretty much any other Mmo (WoW namely, guild wars, requiem ect.), or any other multiplayer game will have a good chunk of people polluting the air with their attitudes. Just have to learn to toughen your skin and give back what they gave you. The way I see it, if everyone (that doesn't know me personally that is), considers me an ****, that means more time to get things done in game without someone pestering me >=D
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    blame saitada, him being alive makes people want to commit suicide.
    I dont blame them, i really wouldnt want want to live either when there are " I-dont-care "-icans like him existing in the world today. ....funny he is an adult and acts 10 times worse than any 13 year old that plays this game. b:bye

Actually DumbBunny, If you actually KNEW me in game you wouldn't be saying that. There is a difference between my forum personality, and how I play the game, which has been stated by me, and others many many times over again. But seeing as you want to single me out and start attacking me, let me explain a few things to you.

I have personally taken to spending the majority of my game time, doing my own thing. I help those I know, and sometimes even help people I don't. I am more inclined to be helpful if people ask me nicely if I could give them a hand. I am more inclined to be a raging **** if they don't, and start demanding I help them. People who know me in game know me to be a generally fair minded person, that is honest to a fault, and willing to help when I can and have the time to do so.

Your basis for attacking my in-game behavior dear emotard, has nothing to do at all with anything you have personally seen in game, instead it is based on the fact that I am vocal, and outspoken. Strong in my opinions, and don't hesitate to call emotards like you, emotards on these forums. The fact is, you have a hard on for me because I toasted your toes in another thread when you opened your mouth and showed the world how stupid you were.

I don't generally chew people unless they do or say something I think is stupid or they simply act like an emotard. And like I have said many times over, and I challenge you to prove my statement wrong when I say: 'If someone can convince me that my stand is in error, I am always happy to adjust my views accordingly and admit same publicly'. While you... just can't. So... why don't you do the world a favor, follow through with this statement that you made...
    i really wouldnt want want to live either when there are " I-dont-care "-icans like him existing in the world today

Good job emotard, good job. Now....

saveplanetdie.gif

ATT00092.gif
    Saitada im sure one time or another i may of helped you and other's out there as i said i only help those who earn my respect by showing me respect being nice im sure your a good person inside just tired of the **** like iam.

I think we have done a couple things together. I seem to recall a Call to duty that you and I helped someone else on. Not 100% sure though.

~S
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I realy think that barbs and cleric's take a lot of abuse from other's

You aren't that special.

Yes, barbs get a lot of mistreatment sometimes. Clerics even more so.

But why is this a complaint thread focusing on barbs and clerics alone? Have you never witnessed the mistreatment DDs put up? Because if you've not it seriously makes me wonder just what you were squadding with.

Every class gets rudeness aimed towards them and gets treated unfairly at several points in time.

These days it seems being an archer gives every other class the right of passage to tell me exactly how to play my class. At level 87 I would have hoped I knew a bit about my class already, given that I didn't oracle to this level, or purely BH and CS to get to this level. But apparently I'm mistaken, as lately everybody and their mother is apparently allowed to tell me what to do and give me a lecture on assist attack while changing mobs every two seconds and expecting me to constantly assist attack the instant they change mobs (which isn't easy, BTW, if these mobs happen to be melee mobs and right next to each other. To all you tanks out there, if you want us to assist attack, give a little in return and let us know when you change mobs if it isn't obvious which mob you're attacking)

I know wizards who get told similar things, BMs who get told "I can tank better than you so there" and suchlike. This rudeness you speak of is getting thrown at every class and while barbs and clerics may get more than DDs do because of your jobs, you need to remember you aren't the only class in the world that gets treated this way.

This little fact aside, I agree. However, in a game where you have to wonder how old the majority of the population is before all these oracles and hyper EXP stones and suchlike, I kind of expected the basic sale of end game levels to have a generally negative effect. Also, this is the internet. Any online game you play will have exactly the same kind of people no matter where you go to. PWI is no different to any other MMO in that respect, and my apologies if you thought it was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Quite sick in fact some things out there would make the worst person on here sick to their stomach. The freedom to do things given but idea of should I do these is discarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Lets get back to barbs barbs as u know are always called in to tank or if a veno can do it with a herc but in any case it boils down to as i had said many times no matter what age or level or char you are theres always rude people out there mistreating others and maybe that barbs as my self im not god nor wish to be im not the greatest i will admit that .But also get yelled at swore at or even kicked out squad telling me im doing it wrong not keeping aeo or whatever as i say to myself im not the only one in this squad every one has to work together and i had some exspect me to do all the work while they watch or go afk.

Iam sorry but enoughs enough i very rare see a bm or veno or a archer get yelled at there not the ones tanking a boss or if some one dies its the barbs fault or the clerics not keeping them healed when there job is to keep the tank heald thats why when i do a squad i always get 2 clerics smarter that way.

I can say some barbs get rude to demanding the cleric to do this and that and i say to myself what is wrong with thease players .

Airyll i understand how u feel but every server differnt how some act in sanc i wont lie i had very rare seen a bm,archer and veno take the blame but again i did see at times a veno pulls more than 1 mob or a archer takes aeo and get him or her self killed and my dear friend who is a veno been call every name in the book of swears and i even spoke up in wc a few time to please watch there mouth how they mistreat the ladys on here very disrespectful.

I had 1 young teen age girl tell me she had a guy that said he was her age but after to years later she found out he lied and was a registerd sex affender so you can never tell who is who or what is what on thease games i only help those as i said earn my respect by showing respect so yes other as i said take the **** to but again every server is a little differnt .
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You bring up a good point. Many people are quick to disrespect someone based on one or two mistakes. We have become intolerant as a player base. The important thing is the attitude people bring to the game. A person that apologizes for an honest mistake and tries their best to correct i would much rather squad than some unforgiving leet player that keeps telling others the proper way to do their jobs.

Edit; And thanks for your response Hawk, I logged off for some time so i wasn't able to see it on time.
  • VICLuka - Heavens Tear
    VICLuka - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well bro thta happend cauze many kids 13+ years old playing and they dont care about repect, by the other hand some poeple are just jerk and i kown what u saying i sufer it every day on my EP.
    :o im 14.... But im not like that.. Its just there way of nature,, to be an **** and tell you what to you,, i just end up killing them and then say that what u get for treating ppl like ****
    b:cute If i was with you.. The World Would Never End for Me b:cute
  • XAdversaryx - Sanctuary
    XAdversaryx - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree. People really are quick to assume someone is bad just due to a couple mistakes. A mistake is a mistake and you and others can learn from it. We all start somewhere right? I know how you feel and personally, too many people are just cocky now-a-days. It's a game, you're not God. Just a human controlling a character. I've been lucky so far to be in squads who show some respect towards others. But I've often heard about these issues where someone calls someone else out on a few mistakes. Key word here is "Immaturity". But I respect each class and what they can do. I agree with ya wolve on your post.
  • Tulisia - Dreamweaver
    Tulisia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    im a part time archer, and damn do i get abused by the higher lvls, ( im lvl 40) calling me weak, its sad.. cause the newbies do the same time O>o
    edited February 2010
    I do admit if iam wrong or do something wrong and im being honest here no one is perfect i realy think that some exspect way to much from others and guess who take's the blame you guessed it.

I just hate it when you get a person ordering every one in squad what to do we dont live in the dark ages lol.

When i do a fb,f cc or t-t whatever i always say good job every one and i do get ty for bh they earn my respect by showing it to me i met some realy nice people on here who are married in real life have kids or some who in there 60's needs a friend to talk to that's ok but im not saying all barbs are good i would be lying if i said other wise but i can say im very respectful i never swore or called any one a name on this game or bashed them maybe because i was raised the old ways.

I realy dont have hate in me and what better way to treat some one who treats u bad the old saying is treat them with kindness u know why well the way i see it why stoop down to there lv it only shows that there getting to you and by showing them that your kind shows that your the better person see what im saying.

But always be firm and stand on your feet i will tell a person as it is but im firm about it if they dont like it well maybe they will learn the hard way im here to injoy myself and meet new friends etc not here for childlish games granted all games have bad people on there but also there are good people out there to and good friends hard to find thease days.
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I completely agree with the respect factor.

A few days ago, a factionmate and I joined a random BH59 squad. He was the bm, I was the cleric.

The first boss went smoothly, nobody really said anything since we're all pretty experienced with the ninja routes and knew our places (like what we were supposed to be doing to benefit the squad as a whole).

It started going downhill when we were just beginning Zimo's path. The pulling veno (who, I'll explain later, was the problematic squadmate) somehow failed at pulling just 1 mob at the entrance of the path and pulled all 3. My bm factionmate, who is dedicated to protecting the solo cleric (which I very much appreciate) aoe'd them all to prevent heal aggro while I kept him alive.

I got a whisper from the pulling veno to "let the fker die"

I responded to who she was talking about, and she clearly mentioned that it was my factionmate. Yes, I was biased because he was indeed my factionmate, but he also didn't do anything wrong. In fact, he reacted appropriately to the situation in my opinion.

Throughout the entire path, that veno kept complaining about how she doesn't like it when the BM aoe's things (maybe she wanted her pet to tank? I don't know what her problem was), but she was trying to change his play style to suit her "high level bm alt" or w/e. C'mon now, if she's still alive, and the party is still alive, why should she be complaining about his play style?

At first, it was just in whispers to me, and I was defending my factionmate. She was going on about how he wouldn't work well in TT's and FF's. I simply told her she doesn't have to come with us on TT's and FF's so there's really no reason for her to complain about that. She snottily confirmed "fine, then I won't." (for the record, I've no idea if this veno was a boy or girl, I'm just calling it a she because the toon is utterly a female).

After a while, she started yelling at him in squad chat. Now, that really bothers me. I don't mind if people are pointing things out to others if they genuinely DON'T know, or if they actually need the help, but this veno was practically barking at the bm. I'm not usually a mean person, but I don't tolerate people that act like that. Let's just say she didn't come with us for the last bh boss. I was amused that the rest of the squad was ok with that decision. I had figured maybe they would've been mad at me for not inviting her back, but they seemed to have good heads on their shoulders and understood where I was coming from. Thanks to those guys that were in my squad that day. b:thanks

I know barbs and clerics get the most abuse, but I just wanted to show my personal experience of the bm getting abuse, even if he hadn't known it at first. He is actually quite good at what he does because he likes being a team member. I suppose that veno solos most of her things and wouldn't know what it's like to dedicate yourself to saving the cleric (again, much appreciation to those people that do).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    one of the main things archers and some other DDs get a cussed out for is pulling aggro on bosses ect. the main problem is it normally isn't the DDs fault i know for me normally if I'm atking a boss 3-4 crits in a row and i get insta aggro... thats not really something i can prevent its what my class is meant to do yes all DDs need to know how to aggro manage but sometimes even when doing proper aggro management you still get aggro nothing you can do to stop a chain crit... and plz dont say stop atking cuz normally by time you realize you have crited a few times in a row its to late to just stop the crit chain

now dont get me wrong i have accidentally caused a few squad wipes (mostly before i got use to aggro managing) but i have also prevented a quite a few one of the most recent ones was a BH 69 with some friends we were on pole arm the cleric got lagged and couldn't heal the tank in time so the barb died as did most of the squad (from aoe) except for me and the 2nd cleric (2nd cleric was party healing when the tank died) so i immediately grabbed aggro on the boss and kited him till the 2nd cleric rezed everyone and everyone rebuffed then we went and finished the boss off we all understood what had happened and no one was at fault this is how all squads should be but its not sadly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    one of the main things archers and some other DDs get a cussed out for is pulling aggro on bosses ect. the main problem is it normally isn't the DDs fault i know for me normally if I'm atking a boss 3-4 crits in a row and i get insta aggro... thats not really something i can prevent its what my class is meant to do yes all DDs need to know how to aggro manage but sometimes even when doing proper aggro management you still get aggro nothing you can do to stop a chain crit... and plz dont say stop atking cuz normally by time you realize you have crited a few times in a row its to late to just stop the crit chain

now dont get me wrong i have accidentally caused a few squad wipes (mostly before i got use to aggro managing) but i have also prevented a quite a few one of the most recent ones was a BH 69 with some friends we were on pole arm the cleric got lagged and couldn't heal the tank in time so the barb died as did most of the squad (from aoe) except for me and the 2nd cleric (2nd cleric was party healing when the tank died) so i immediately grabbed aggro on the boss and kited him till the 2nd cleric rezed everyone and everyone rebuffed then we went and finished the boss off we all understood what had happened and no one was at fault this is how all squads should be but its not sadly

In a typical abusive squad, I can see how they would easily blame the barb for not holding aggro or something dumb like that. It's almost always the blame game.

"Jeez, cleric, don't steal aggro from the barb!"
    "Um... he died, I didn't steal aggro. Pay attention to your monitors."

Hypothetically and stereotypically of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
    edited February 2010
    I'm a part time archer, and damn do i get abused by the higher lvls, ( I'm lvl 40) calling me weak, its sad.. cause the newbies do the same time O>o

like i said this is how all the squads should be no blame it also hlps that we were all friends cept for the 2nd cleric(shes my wife she dont count as a friend XD) we knew what we had to do wasn't the 1st clerics fault she got lagged couldn't and heal the tank the 2nd cleric was party healing/meditating to recover mp we had discussed what was going to be the set up and this is what we had agread on when something outta our control happened we adapted to it and managed to finish b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you are all too correct on how players treat others. my son is a damn good barb, runs squads that stay together and work together, and players who have squaded with him respect him. but far too many times he has offered to help out, or has come with me just for the two of us to have fun in a quest i have, and had the tank order him out for exactly the reason you state. or, in the last Wraithgate we ran together, the fail cleric who had pulled the squad together threw him out as 'worthless' because he couldnt keep himself alive against Nob and his buddy....she was too busy IHing her boyfriend to be bothered to heal anyone else, never mind popping a BB or other group healing. we were all sucking down our own pots like cokes, because she wanted her BF to stay alive. of course, when she ordered out my son, it was party wipe time, because her BM boyfriend couldnt tank worth spit.

with my cleric, i've lost count of the number of times i have had people inguild and out ask me to come rez them ASAP. i drop whatever i am doing, jump onto my cleric, and bring her in from wherever she is on the map...sometimes at some expense, if i have to tele in to the nearest point. then, as i am nearly there, 95% of the time, i get a message to the tune of 'oh, dont bother, i just got my own cleric to rez me/called another friend/etc'. that is just freaking rude. i know this game is full of adolescents, but that is when you are supposed to be learning common courtesy... and there is precious little seen ingame.

it is horribly rude to invite someone to a squad, then throw them out like trash...invitation implies you want them, you have some reason to know that they will be an asset to the squad. to toss afterward is an insult-to the person kicked, and shows the squad leader's inability to plan ahead well. and that is crucial to doing a quest well and enjoyably.

There's one thing i hate on this game is some of thease faction's think they own you or tell you what to do iam sorry when did this game turn in to a dictatorship or they think there better it's just a game come on now grow up.

Also just the other day a cleric friend invited me to do a Fcc run i said np so in any case i get tired of being ask this (this your first time) i reply no and there where some that belong to a larger faction didn't like how i was doing it so they where rude and all left the squad left me and cleric hanging so np we got 4 more players and had a blast np.

Another friend who is a lv 99 barb was kicked out of squad because they told him he was not good enough and you wonder why barbs are hard to find to do runs i see it every day when i logg on looking for barb for delta or gamma or fcc and some get mad and go on world chat wheres all the barbs go i wonder why.

I cant tell you how many time's i been used in t-t runs when they use me as a tank and after all is done i got nothing but a 200k or higher repair job well thats another reason why i refuse to do any type of runs unless i know who iam with.

I realy think that barbs and cleric's take a lot of abuse from other's i know i started a cleric to see for my self it's hell getting yelled at telling me im not healing when iam etc a person i spoke to deleted his lv 91 cleric couldn't take the abuse from others so again what's this game turning in to?

It's not easy to be in any char but you all have to work together stop blaming others it's very childlish so as i think im not the only one who has gone through this i can imagine how some feel some i know even quit pwi went to jade dynasty they tell me on jade there tired of all the stuff going on on pwi i realy cant blame them.

So in any case im just telling it as it is and asking for some respect like others deserve it to war's have began over stupid thing's such has control and to much power rember this is a game not real life .

I may sound rude but im one of those people making a point and i cant tell you how many times i left squads do to the abuse i get on barb and cleric they didn't like it when i left oh well i say they should of thought of that befor they got nasty and rude lol.

So my point is this is a game to injoy not a dictatorship we all deserve better respect and if you dont like how a person is doing it then find a differnt squad not every one does it the same way i seen it done seval differnt ways in fcc and in t-t what would this game be like with out barbs and cleric's can u imagine i can well take care people sorry if i sound rude im just tired as a few barbs and cleric's i know are being treated bad

there are also some who hold grudges over mistakes made in the learning process, from over a year ago. a barb i know who was helping me with my 3x20 in Wraithgate was furious at my son, then in his low 30s or 40s, who had asked to come to watch (dont ask me why!). the tank had invited my son to DD, but was furious when my son accidently pulled aggro, and told him, You pull it again, you can keep it and i will leave'. then, when my son had to go take care of something IRL during a break, he was thrown out of the squad without telling him first. this player, an adult man IRL, *still* bears a grudge against my son, though he has NO clue how good or bad a barb he has become in the year since they last met. my son, who i had encouraged to look up to and go to for advice on how to be a good barb, squad leader and all, was devastated. but the skills he learned are what make him the responsible barb and squad leader he is now.
    I agree. People really are quick to assume someone is bad just due to a couple mistakes. A mistake is a mistake and you and others can learn from it. We all start somewhere right? I know how you feel and personally, too many people are just cocky now-a-days. It's a game, you're not God. Just a human controlling a character. I've been lucky so far to be in squads who show some respect towards others. But I've often heard about these issues where someone calls someone else out on a few mistakes. Key word here is "Immaturity". But I respect each class and what they can do. I agree with ya wolve on your post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In a typical abusive squad, I can see how they would easily blame the barb for not holding aggro or something dumb like that. It's almost always the blame game.

"Jeez, cleric, don't steal aggro from the barb!"
    "Um... he died, I didn't steal aggro. Pay attention to your monitors."

Hypothetically and stereotypically of course.

I was about to switch characters some odd days ago when one of my friends mentionned she was having problems in a BH69 from hell; tank couldn't stay alive, couldn't keep aggro... so I offered to help out. Tank lets me tank (I had 15 levels over the guy) and I thought this was going smooth. Until Polearm debuffs me. 80 cleric takes FOREVER to purify - I TOP, Sutra, use food... I live through the debuff. Whew.

Polearm debuffs again.

TOP is recharging, Sutra isn't enough, I hit a pot instead of an event food. I'm still waiting on purify, it just never comes. By the time TOP recharges, I'm dead on the floor. The tank grabs aggro and dies. Cleric never purified him either, despite the team going "PURIFY THE TANK!!!!!!"

Cleric calls us stupid, a fail squad, and rages outta the team. He's soon followed by the barb. I'm just sitting at my computer in disbelief.

I load my laptop, get my (back then) 72 cleric in FB69, and we killed Polearm with a 4-man squad (after a partial squad wipe >_>;;). Gaurnob died like butter in the sun.

I just find it sad when people blame their failures on other. I mess up every now and then - come on, I'm human - and I'm not afraid to take the blame for it. But for some people, it's always others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    WoW some of you got get better at finding better squads. lol. Random squads just doesnt mean random characters , it actually also means random personalities.

When it comes to aggro control theres only really 1 thing to know about it.

agrocontrol.jpg

You guys want to talk about class costs? Thats funny thing also. Higher repair costs generally means you werent doing everything right. And if you're that worried about the costs of TT or anything like that, then you really really should take a break as no repair costs are worth that much to get all worked up about.

But for some Shiztnitz and giggles lets see here, all caster classes and archers are generally the closest costs together, a barb can actually come out with next to nothing in repairs if done right and near identical to a BM's repairs as long as you have venos pet doing the majority of the tanking.

Heres an example, did a 3-2 last night, no barb, 2 clerics , 3 venos , 1 bm. BMs repair cost was 18k. Yes thats right 18k. My repairs were around 16k only do to the fact that my herc got stuck on stairs once, minor other things. Not to mention unlike some people around I have no problems with taking my fair share of hits and living. Thats with using a hybrid veno/archer LA build. (no I dont use a bow) Its more of a crit spike damage build.

Now for ease of playing, what can I say, After your first character play through almost all other classes are fairly easy to play. Lol I mean and how much easier it has gotten with the addition of genies and that also. No one should be saying there class is hard to play unless its really there first character and then its only really an opinion. All classes have there ease and difficulty. Depending on how fast you find them out, you'll find out they all are easy in there own rights.

Though I will admit on aggro sometimes it just to fun not to play ping pong with mobs and bosses. b:laugh Do make sure the other squad members are able and rdy to play also. If you can't take the hits then you really need to think twice what you do.

Oh and Technotic, you are level 98 and almost get 1 shotted by Stygean? Um talk about wet paper canon. Just wow. Srry but just not seeing it.

Meh anyways, if you're getting that worked up about ppl having respect and give respect, its time to step back from the game. Now general curteousness on the other hand is something else. Once again it boils down to who you are squading with.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I was about to switch characters some odd days ago when one of my friends mentionned she was having problems in a BH69 from hell; tank couldn't stay alive, couldn't keep aggro... so I offered to help out. Tank lets me tank (I had 15 levels over the guy) and I thought this was going smooth. Until Polearm debuffs me. 80 cleric takes FOREVER to purify - I TOP, Sutra, use food... I live through the debuff. Whew.

Polearm debuffs again.

TOP is recharging, Sutra isn't enough, I hit a pot instead of an event food. I'm still waiting on purify, it just never comes. By the time TOP recharges, I'm dead on the floor. The tank grabs aggro and dies. Cleric never purified him either, despite the team going "PURIFY THE TANK!!!!!!"

Cleric calls us stupid, a fail squad, and rages outta the team. He's soon followed by the barb. I'm just sitting at my computer in disbelief.

I load my laptop, get my (back then) 72 cleric in FB69, and we killed Polearm with a 4-man squad (after a partial squad wipe >_>;;). Gaurnob died like butter in the sun.

I just find it sad when people blame their failures on other. I mess up every now and then - come on, I'm human - and I'm not afraid to take the blame for it. But for some people, it's always others.

That BH was as annoying as hell.

I totally forgot about it though otherwise I may have used it myself.

I could talk about the time the only cleric in a BH69 squad died because she couldn't purify fast enough so everybody died, and then asked for a res. Even though she was the only cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solinah - Dreamweaver
    Solinah - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well bro thta happend cauze many kids 13+ years old playing and they dont care about repect, by the other hand some poeple are just jerk and i kown what u saying i sufer it every day on my EP.

Excuse me?
    As if the age really matters.
    You make it look like 13+ are ALWAYS rude.
    I mean come on, dont be silly.
    There are enough Adults who act like total idiots.
    And just because you are old it doesnt make you mature.
    So : many young players show more respect than a 20 years old would.
    b:angry
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Excuse me?

*cough*
    /10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender Age does not decide someone behaving as adult or not.
    It just some people has lots of stress build up and he throw all of them to people in game.
    Or some people that liked to make you angry and they enjoy it somehow.
    You can say these all happening because of pressure they got in daily life. b:surrender
    And somehow many EP i meet also become a bit unfriendly because as cleric they surely will meet
    these people a lot.
    If you meet something like these find your friends make your own fun day, and hope those people
    find their own friends for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Excuse me?

Generally, teenagers have a tendency to be more angsty, rude and volatile than most adult players who are more aware of the way the world works.

Also generally, you can assume if people have no manners, they're either very poorly tutored adults, or what is more regularly the case, children who need a good slap sideways.

While it's true not all of the young players are rude, it's safe to say that the majority probably are, mixed in with a few middle aged fools and then the odd and somewhat elderly idiot. And this would be why many of us (including the mature young players themselves) say it is the thirteen and fourteen year olds playing this game that have a tendency to give backchat faster then any other kind of player as well as generally being more rude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    ppl should have to solo harpy wraith before they are able to be rude for no reason XD and if they are rude for no reason and haven't soloed harpy wraith they get insta ban XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    the last time i did a t-t run i paid out over 300.000 in repairs i always do repair all as i said the barb takes more of the damage and it gets costly after a while realy depends on the armor u have to.

when the price's of hp and mp charms go up it's hard to afford repairs to so i noticed let see every month i buy at least 150 gold online hp charm 4 american dollars or 4 gold each 4 charms=20 dollars add it up im not so much compaining it's costly for a barb we cant heal are self's only with pots we dont have pets to help i know for a fact on my cleric mp charms go fast .

In any case back to the topic all i ever ask is some one to be honest and show me there respect as i would show it back and some of thease factions get realy nasty and rude as i said in the beging i had a cleric friend ask me to help with a f c c run so i did he is a great guy any how we go in there the archer from this other faction wanted to be a tank thought he or she was a barb almost gets killed then get rude with me and all left squad and left me and this cleric hanging and what i learn it was because of me i said omg.

so we brushed it off got a full squad again had no problems every one was happy.

and then when i was doing a little farming helping a faction member out for her wine she needed for her fb 79 i get chased down by to other people belong to that same faction telling me not to dig the mats it's there's so i wrote a nice letter to the GM'S i got a reply back from them they said no one owns the mat's there for every one.

I am a leader of my faction i do help with everything sadly to say most i had quit pwi do to all this garbage on pwi all went to jade dynasty and other games.

As i said it dont matter what char you are or what lv you are or what age you are we all have it hard on this game but it dont help when you get **** from others who swear at people blaming other's and kicking people out of squads or think they can control you by telling you what to do we dont live in the dark ages.

some figure ok if your nasty to me i get nasty back but again is it realy solving the problem no all that person is doing is bringing them self down to that other players lv 2 wrongs dont make a right so what i do is i show kindness they cant figure out why i dont get upset i say to myself it takes more of a man or woman to walk away from it then add more wood to the fire.

sorry this is long guys but i feel like a thearapist dr barb lol.b:laugh

But also i spoke to younger kids i helped out at 13 and 14 some are realy nice kids would do anything and some get rude and talk dirty it's not just the young kids it's a lot of the adult's who do the same thing set's a bad exsample to teach others.