Please show more respect to other's

Comments

• hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I know i may very well be one of the persons responsible for this, but can you talk to the GMs about bringing some discipline to the forums Hawk? Things wouldn't have gotten to this point had some other posters not insisted on resorting to aggression and insults, and i'll gladly accept a suspension if it means i can afterwards return and post without having trolls jumping at my throat every few posts.

It's already a topic that's been brought up recently. Repeat offenders that have been warned previously about flaming/other misconduct are at risk of having their forum and/or game accounts suspended.

If you see someone that's breaking the board rules and hasn't been dealt with by a mod/admin, please shoot off a PM to the mod/admin of your choice to get their attention on it.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hawk wrote: »
    It's already a topic that's been brought up recently. Repeat offenders that have been warned previously about flaming/other misconduct are at risk of having their forum and/or game accounts suspended.

Guys, listen to hawk. GMs got in their Hummer and ran over Iku's legs so she can't make it to the forums anymore. They take this **** seriously.b:sad
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well bro thta happend cauze many kids 13+ years old playing and they dont care about repect, by the other hand some poeple are just jerk and i kown what u saying i sufer it every day on my EP.

Age does not matter on this subject. I care about respect a ton, and I personally am sick of being told that I'm doing this or that wrong, or whatever in a squad.

I have seen throughout my entire "game life" in this game, from June of 2009 to now adults who should know better, go around acting all arrogant and stuck up thinking they are so much better.

I'm 14, and I know personally I'm more mature than a ton of people that are older than me in this game. No offense, but please don't do ageism, just because your older does not mean your smarter or more respectful.

As the song goes, R-E-S-P-E-C-T b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Age does not matter on this subject. I care about respect a ton, and I personally am sick of being told that I'm doing this or that wrong, or whatever in a squad.

I have seen throughout my entire "game life" in this game, from June of 2009 to now adults who should know better, go around acting all arrogant and stuck up thinking they are so much better.

I'm 14, and I know personally I'm more mature than a ton of people that are older than me in this game. No offense, but please don't do ageism, just because your older does not mean your smarter or more respectful.

As the song goes, R-E-S-P-E-C-T b:victory

Adults (the majority) are able to do the correct thing at the correct time. Please follow my logic that if you did everything the conventional way, would people have bothered you at all?

If you are doing things right (at least you think you are), then we can probably rub it off as disgruntled players.

However, if people are repeatedly telling you the same mistakes, then you should be doing something wrong.

Respecting your game style doesn't mean it has to cost us (the rest of the squad) 3% exp (no GA).

From your comments, one is able to see that the co-relativity means nothing to you yet.

Of course again, you may wish to remain in the state of denial on your actions that others have deemed as unacceptable.
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Adults (the majority) are able to do the correct thing at the correct time. Please follow my logic that if you did everything the conventional way, would people have bothered you at all?

If you are doing things right (at least you think you are), then we can probably rub it off as disgruntled players.

However, if people are repeatedly telling you the same mistakes, then you should be doing something wrong.

Respecting your game style doesn't mean it has to cost us (the rest of the squad) 3% exp (no GA).

From your comments, one is able to see that the co-relativity means nothing to you yet.

Of course again, you may wish to remain in the state of denial on your actions that others have deemed as unacceptable.

Well lets see, I'm in a BH and I'm healing the tank, and these two idiots run into the boss and die. Then they start QQing in the squad chat telling me to res them when I can't and it goes all crazy and stuff.

Then the other time I was healing at a boss and someone stole aggro, died, and blamed me for not being able to heal them and say I'm a fail cleric for not being able to heal someone when they steal aggro.

b:surrender No offense but I think your wrong there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well lets see, I'm in a BH and I'm healing the tank, and these two idiots run into the boss and die. Then they start QQing in the squad chat telling me to res them when I can't and it goes all crazy and stuff.

Then the other time I was healing at a boss and someone stole aggro, died, and blamed me for not being able to heal them and say I'm a fail cleric for not being able to heal someone when they steal aggro.

b:worried
    most things like this are missing key information like what was said before what was said during what actually went on it is usually the convoluted view of the cleric. Your like level 60 right? get BB you will make everyone happy make your venos send you sparks for BB constantly it makes everyone happy and people rarely die when you have it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010

Both of you read below.b:sweat
    hawk wrote: »

If you see someone that's breaking the board rules and hasn't been dealt with by a mod/admin, please shoot off a PM to the mod/admin of your choice to get their attention on it.
    Am I the only one amused that in a thread where someone asks people to be more respectful we had a flame war and immediately after a mod steps in and calms everyone down another one starts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender methinks you need to find the actual definition of flaming this is not flaming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:worried
    most things like this are missing key information like what was said before what was said during what actually went on it is usually the convoluted view of the cleric. Your like level 60 right? get BB you will make everyone happy make your venos send you sparks for BB constantly it makes everyone happy and people rarely die when you have it up.

I don't have BB because in Raging Tide, I didn't do my spiritual cultivation because almost nobody has the time... I just recently did my FB59 b:surrender
    My HP is too low to do a BB right now because I got new armor and I have no HP shards in them...
    And I'm level 66 in Raging Tide.
    b:bye

Oh and its more easier to do BH51 with just ironheart and a good tank because it wastes less MP than BB would.
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Haha that's like the funniest post I have seen for a long time. You like totally, just made my day.b:cute Thank You!

I really do try. Some people just don't understand.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender methinks you need to find the actual definition of flaming this is not flaming.

True enough but it has the potential to start.b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Both of you read below.b:sweat

Am I the only one amused that in a thread where someone asks people to be more respectful we had a flame war and immediately after a mod steps in and calms everyone down another one starts?

I'm not flaming, I'm just contributing to the topic. Get it right b:angry
    (Sorry for being angry, I'm not in a good mood obviously)
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

To be fair anything has the potential but thats besides the point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010

Thats just like walking into a serious debate and calling everyone "liars" or in this case "trolls"

Anything has the chance to happen, but most of the time it doesn't. Don't go around claiming people are trolling or flaming when it isn't happening please b:bye
    edited February 2010
    b:angry

Gah! Flame!b:shocked
    *jumps in lake*

Meh, random humor and sarcasm always lift my mood at least.b:sweat
    To be fair anything has the potential but thats besides the point.
    Yes, yes. But seriously, read the post below and tell me that it's not condescending. Hope's reply wasn't exactly flaming but there was a slight sarcastic tone through the whole thing.

Then again, it could just be how I read the posts (meaning since I'm a jackass I expect everyone else to be one).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Yes, yes. But seriously, read the post below and tell me that it's not condescending. Hope's reply wasn't exactly flaming but there was a slight sarcastic tone through the whole thing.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I added the R-E-S-P-E-C-T to try to add humor and relax the thread a bit, which was took as sarcasm apparently.

I don't troll, and I don't flame.
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow page 13 and at least some understand where iam comming from iam not the only one there is a god.

No matter what server or what char you all play on it's how we all as young and older adult's act and as i said i respect those who show respect back all i ever ask from a squad is to work together i myself dont like the swearing and name calling and i do understand how people get mad etc but BeingHope is right im proud to see a person that age more grown up and is very smart good jobb:victory.

Now in every squad there is 6 player's now they all working on same goal is to do a fb,bh,t-t,f cc or whatever they should all work as a team not this name calling bashing each other or telling others there doing this or that wrong it makes me sick.

And granted i seen some squads get along and work together and laugh but it is hard to deal with some who rather bash other's down or call names and tell the person off etc when again they should realize that this is only a game not real and to have fun.

And in my post and some can understand if a person ask you to join a squad no matter what is and then insult you then kick you out and tell you your no good what kind of behavior is that?

Dont they realize the person they kicked and called names etc may have feelings or maybe also went out of there way to join so later they get insulted and kicked from squad that is down right mean.b:angry

And no wonder why a lot quit pwi there tired of the stuff going on when this game was made to play and have fun and meet new friends and get along not all this other stuff.

It's very simple if you dont like some one or if you feel angry theres the ignor button and block them cased closed.

And in any forum i reply or write i dont swear or bash any one down or call names iam respecting the rules and also the tearms of service on the game.

And i never had a issue with a gm infact i got many replys from GM'S telling me im correct over the issues over digging mats that some believe they own them not let others dig them again the swearing the name calling telling to get lost your no good deal.

iam 37 years old and regardless of age i spoke to younger adults and iam happy to say wow they know what respect is and i have seen people my age or older swearing etc age is not the issues here again it's about how others being treated or being told off etc it's not cool.

And what i read so far like a war going on back and forth omg will there be a future for pwi i know in other online games they the Game master's dont play around at all infact they suspend you with out given a warning and some online games very strict.

This topic is based on respecting other's no matter what age or what char and how me like other barb's, cleric's,etc i know off get told off yelled at or what to do or how to do it.

As i was talking to a few friends about this befor i typed up this topic do thease players act like this at home to there parents,wife husband, school,etc

Man if i was caught swearing i had the soap in my mouth or even slaped it must be that some just dont care what they say or how they hurt others till it happends to them then they know what it's like and probley dont like it but 2 wrongs dont make a right.
    edited February 2010
    I wasn't being sarcastic, I added the R-E-S-P-E-C-T to try to add humor and relax the thread a bit, which was took as sarcasm apparently.

I don't troll, and I don't flame.

My apologies then.b:surrender

As I said, it was just how I saw it. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    My apologies then.b:surrender

As I said, it was just how I saw it. I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong.

Sorry >.< Its just that I'm sick of people telling me I'm doing something wrong, or to do it a different way, etc. People are like in BHs sometimes, "Okay, IH me now" or "Res him/her pls" b:surrender

Anyways Black_wolve, long post but a really good one o.O b:victory

Edit: Oh geez, I forgot to add, people who know my age in-game look down on me as if I'm a little kid who has no clue what they're doing. I know for a fact that I act more mature than most people do who spam WC with rants and stuff about another player and stuff.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    b:worried The OP is very long-winded

To answer his question though yes some of these people act like this regardless of it being the internet others just like to play around and act big even though they know they are not.

Although I am sure you know such already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hate conflicts, which is why I tend to not party with random people. I notice the higher level you get, the more people want to just rush through things. It's not really my style of playing, so I just avoid those types of players all together.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I hate conflicts, which is why I tend to not party with random people. I notice the higher level you get, the more people want to just rush through things. It's not really my style of playing, so I just avoid those types of players all together.

Well its just harder for me because the guild I was in Raging Tide, they were all 7-9x and I was in the 6x and whenever I asked for help, no comments afterwords xD.. So I had to resort to joining squads if I saw someone asking for it b:surrender

Now I'm solo because I couldn't reach level requirements xD
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

Well that is less rushing and more of making sure its worth their time. The higher you get the more attuned to zhening you get this increases reflexive responses to oh sht types of moments. A good team is based on how well they can do when the sht hits the fan.

Plus there is people who like me who love the challenge and like it when its wonderfully chaotic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    That's the thing im lv 94 i would go out and help lower levels or help them kill a boss or to it dont bother me i was there level once so i know how hard it is to get help most of my quest i done solo and burn many charms but it makes me feel good knowing some one says to me tyvm for helping thats all i want i dont exspect coin or other things .

It's just showing you care enough and helping others who realy need it.b:thanks
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    That's the thing im lv 94 i would go out and help lower levels or help them kill a boss or to it dont bother me i was there level once so i know how hard it is to get help most of my quest i done solo and burn many charms but it makes me feel good knowing some one says to me tyvm for helping thats all i want i dont exspect coin or other things .

It's just showing you care enough and helping others who realy need it.b:thanks

I was like that for quite a long time but then.................b:worried I stopped getting the thank yous and it became loan me money tank this for me help me with this boss kill this for me solo this for me. I tried to correct them and make them say please first but you know I just gave up after awhile. I will still help lower levels when I can but hardly with the frequency I used to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I was like that for quite a long time but then.................b:worried I stopped getting the thank yous and it became loan me money tank this for me help me with this boss kill this for me solo this for me. I tried to correct them and make them say please first but you know I just gave up after awhile. I will still help lower levels when I can but hardly with the frequency I used to.

b:surrender I always say thank you for a FB/BH/TT, etc. The only time I can remember I didn't was this recent BH51 where this person who kept on going on about how amazing they were and how a 9x couldn't kill them (they were 5x) and rage quit out of the squad and tried to lure Wyvern which also epically failed x) b:surrender But I thanked the other members of the squad after we re-did the entire BH with a different tank xD

I used to help lower levels all the time but recently all that happens is they beg me and stuff and if i don't help them or if something goes wrong, they start to call me fail and stuff. Its like "Why am I being called a fail by 3x?" b:surrender
    edited February 2010
    Sorry >.< Its just that I'm sick of people telling me I'm doing something wrong, or to do it a different way, etc. People are like in BHs sometimes, "Okay, IH me now" or "Res him/her pls" b:surrender

Anyways Black_wolve, long post but a really good one o.O b:victory

Edit: Oh geez, I forgot to add, people who know my age in-game look down on me as if I'm a little kid who has no clue what they're doing. I know for a fact that I act more mature than most people do who spam WC with rants and stuff about another player and stuff.

Meh, no worries. You shouldn't let what some faceless person online says get to you though. If someone acts like an idiot and gets himself killed then keeps bugging you for a res and/or insults you then tell him to **** off. You're a cleric so you don't have to worry about finding one for any squads you join and a barb can be replaced with a decent BM and in some cases a wiz/cleric/veno/psychic would be a better choice for a tank. Anyone else is unneeded and only makes the run go faster. If they keep dying and/or getting others killed then boot them (or leave the squad and find a different one).

Oh, and in the future remember that tone translates very poorly through text (in my case I'm always abnormally sarcastic so most people tend to pick up on that even through text).b:shutup

To OP: As much as I wish it were otherwise, the number of disrespectful and plain rude players far outnumber the polite and respectful players. I was raised to believe that everyone deserves respect until they do something to lose it (it seems to me that you were raised similarly). The majority of players I've met appear to have been raised to believe that other people must earn their respect. Basically, that means they quickly lose my respect by being jackasses (both in real life and in game) so I respond in kind.

Vicious little cycle that is.

Anyway, if you think about it that way (deserving respect compared to earning respect) then the 'rudeness' of other players makes a sad sort of sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    edited February 2010
    I get that time to time and i understand how u feel on how some exspect help all the time but in any case i simply say no to them when they start asking for loans etc or say i dont have it im not rich lol.

I do try to help them understand how i started this game how i got this way now it takes hard work and a lot of grinding to make coin lol and believe me some even call me dad on pwi because i dont yell at them and i try to correct them as a real parent would and i must of adopted a 100 kids by now that call me dad lol it's ok when im board and no quest i hang around fb29 theres always some one needs somthing in there and when i go in to oht theres always some one there to help me or i help them kill blackhole i hate that boss lol
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    After my first three months here in PWI, I gave up on being respectful to a bunch of prepubescent kids with the manners of a rabid dog.

I stopped being as helpful. Stopped being as nice, and started letting people know what I thought of them.

When people are straight with me in game, I'm straight with them, and more than happy to help on nearly anything if I have the time to do it. I can't count the number of PM's I've gotten from some rude little prick demanding I give them coin, Items, mounts etc. or help them kill their mobs, do their call to duty for them or what have you without so much as a please or thank you.

Sorry, but the fact is, being nice and respectful in this game, gets you walked over and used like a dirty rag.

I'd rather be an **** and tell you all to **** off, than have to endure some emotard screaming in a call to duty that I let him die, after I told him not to run ahead of me and he did anyway.

Been there, Done that. Sick of it.

So you wonder why people are rude and nasty anymore? Lay it at the feet of the little pricks in game that act the way they do.

~A Formerly nice and helpful person.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    b:embarrass thats the cycle for you right there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]