Options
    magichamsta!! u died???
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me always dies lol.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *brings her cleric from the other pw version and ress magichamsta*
    are u ok now?
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    good cleric savez hamsta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:coolb:coolb:cool
    thx i help as much as i can with my cleric
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    people can and occasionally do die at teh mob's preset starting point.
    b:sweat

and in a few unfortunate cases, me died at another mob's preset starting point.
    xD

Same thing if you are rezed by any other means. If a good cleric comes to rez you he will give you the rez then kill or at least aggro everything so that you can get up and fly above the mobs. If you use this skill and a mobs is on top of you go to town the old way or use a GA. If someone is around kindly ask them to kill whats on top of you so you can rez and then buff them as a thank you. skills have advantages and disadvantages.

Personally while I am all for this skill and though it would be nice for normal grind when something goes wrong, you can always try to get a cleric just like every other class. On the other hand like has been mentioned, this would be very useful in instances to prevent bad situations for going much worse since more often than not there is not a second cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^thish.. teehee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Funny. My cleric uses Rez scrolls and Guardian scrolls in combination and never loses any xp at all. I don't see what the problem is. There is already a method in place in the game to do exactly what is being discussed here. Rez scroll + Guardian scroll = Resurrection with no xp loss. And guess what! It is available to EVERYONE.

Seems pretty simple to me.

~Saitada

Funny. Losing money instead of xp in my view is not really that great of an advantage. I NEED money for my new set of gear, I save EVERY penny to get me slightly better gear than before.

If you're a cash shopping maniac then maybe this is a viable option, but that's a very exclusive club of players.

Making the game work fair only for some is not really the way it should be, no? A game should be fair for ALL.

Seems pretty simple to me.
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hhm i wonder if any mods are taking note of this??b:pleased
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    An alternative could be:
    eliminating the revive skill from the game
    Everyone just buys res scrolls and guardian angels.... :)

1. Would eliminate some jerks from the game, because they stop playing or start paying
    2. Gives clerics some relief
    3. make the game fair and equal to everyone

Just a suggestion
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    An alternative could be:

1. Would eliminate some jerks from the game, because they stop playing or start paying

Just a suggestion

My god, please no!

On level 83 it is hell to get 1%, picture that at 9x!

Let the clerics res themselves, that would be a win/win situation, and if you want a drawback/opportunity, make the cleric self res have the option to teleport to town and instead of having the effect of a lvl 10 res, have the effect of a lvl 8 res, to avoid mob agro.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear
    AzureRequiem - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    give it an insane cooldown. op over
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My god, please no!

On level 83 it is hell to get 1%, picture that at 9x!

Let the clerics res themselves, that would be a win/win situation, and if you want a drawback/opportunity, make the cleric self res have the option to teleport to town and instead of having the effect of a lvl 10 res, have the effect of a lvl 8 res, to avoid mob agro.

It's only .4% (.6% maybe?) once you hit 89 culti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's only .4% (.6% maybe?) once you hit 89 culti.

Grats on lvl 89 Aadi b:pleased

And groovy, one more reason to level rush to 90!

Still, cleric self res would be a win/win situation, and talking of OP, Would any of you people saying it would be overpower tell me why on earth you think that?

If your answer is too dumb, it will be pointed as worthless and ignored, please use valid arguments.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So I still don't get the unfair or OP part. I mean if the cool down is an hour and the cleric has to sit and wait an hour that's a pretty good penalty. We might spend that long asking for a mate to come along and rez us anyways. I've suggested a ton of times it should be like the AoE Buffs we have. meaning after level 10 you get it as an option to get the skill to rez yourself (not AoE Rez lol)

This skill would benefit everyone. Think of how many times you've been on a run where the cleric dies and you have to wait for them to go to town and come back? Personally I always carry a few rez scrolls on me, but I'm sick of the inventory usage lol. And if I forgot to bring a GA or didn't on purpose like beliel then I'm out exp while the rest of the party isn't even though so often it's more their fault then mine in a wipe situation.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    An alternative could be:

Just a suggestion

Not really.

People are already paranoid enough about losing exp despite lv11 rez and awesome clerics. The only thing this would cause is extreme paranoia, resulting in a huge amount of exclusion for anyone who might be a potential hazard.
    Meaning, frost squads would become 100+ only, BH's would require 2 barbs and 2 clerics minimum. TT would ONLY be run by barbs, clerics and venos. Anyone with refines below +5 would be shunned from society. Rebirth simply wouldn't be taught to anyone. Ever.

Perhaps make it an all-class skill like town teleport. Rez-Cleric, 1 hour cooldown, exp loss reduction equal to target clerics revive level.
    Maybe then other classes can feel what it's like to be dragged half way across the map to revive some random player who decided to leroy a bunch of mobs for fun b:chuckle
  • Khadja - Lost City
    Khadja - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well If I could rez my self when im dead... Wow Awesome lol ! I hate dying during Fb, Bh TT or whatever cuz I normally can't get a rez. Same when im grinding, I dont think about getting a rez lol It's an habit lol

This kinda suck cuz cleric are good in grinding alone but Hell, they are so slow ! Losing 4% or 6 % exp is awefull !

I like the fact that you can rez ur self only once a day or maybe twice, no need to be a passive skill, just an item from a quest or somethings that is given only for clerics. This item could have a expiration of 24 h on it.

well this is only suggestion :P

Btw, Tnx people who support us(Cleric) ! lol XD
  • shammahbenjudah
    shammahbenjudah Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    An interesting skill Clerics had in another game I played was similar to self-res. The Cleric cast the skill on himself before going into combat at the cost of a small amount of Exp. The way it worked in combat was when the Cleric ran out of HP, this skill prevented them from dieing and maxxed their HP again. It only worked once per cast and had a fair chance of failure to establish...when it failed to establish, it had to be recast at the cost of the same amount of Exp.

I'm a cleric and I'm not sure self res is a great idea...I think there needs to be a reasonable chance to fail in an adventure. I'm thinking if a res scroll isn't good enough, you're over-adventuring or need to reconsider your party. And I'm not a PVPer but I'm thinking that would open up a whole lot of arguments in TWs.
  • KohakuNushi - Lost City
    KohakuNushi - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    An alternative could be:

Just a suggestion

WTH ..so no cleric will need . only for heal, can u imagine in pk/Tw b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A game I played had a different way of doing this, giving a cleric at least a chance of being ressed by another player.

It was a skill cast on all members of the party (or at least the most survivable ones), which would place a res stone in each of their inventories. This meant if someone survived the cleric could be ressed np. In the case of PWI, if a party wipes, it would mean some other class could volunteer to town and come back to res the cleric for ressing others (you know, for situations where the cleric might be extremely close to level or whatever).

The stones expired after a certain period so no collection was possible.

The perfect class for receiving a stone would be a sin if they knew what they were doing lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A game I played had a different way of doing this, giving a cleric at least a chance of being ressed by another player.

It was a skill cast on all members of the party (or at least the most survivable ones), which would place a res stone in each of their inventories. This meant if someone survived the cleric could be ressed np. In the case of PWI, if a party wipes, it would mean some other class could volunteer to town and come back to res the cleric for ressing others (you know, for situations where the cleric might be extremely close to level or whatever).

The stones expired after a certain period so no collection was possible.

The perfect class for receiving a stone would be a sin if they knew what they were doing lol.

I like that idea...........but it sounds like you want to start a fight with that comment on sins.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    in other games me has played/be currently playing, other classes (not just the healer class) also would have a revive skill.
    (O.o)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like that idea...........but it sounds like you want to start a fight with that comment on sins.

Actually Kimiko, no I don't. But it's logical that a class that can drop all aggro at once would be the choice in this instance.

ETA: we all know in every class there's some who don't know how to play it well. Nothing new there.

I level with a sin. I know what they can do when played well.
    in other games me has played/be currently playing, other classes (not just the healer class) also would have a revive skill.
    (O.o)'

lol I'd be very interested to know which games they were because I've played various MMO's myself and although there were other classes that had res they were always a healing class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm bumping this, I do feel strongly about this. Clerics are by far the weakest out of all the mage classes, in whatever way you look at it. Also cleric do suffer greatly in parties as they are the ones who must go back to town upon death and lose the xp.

The self rez spell could be implanted, in a "correct" manner i.e. so it doesn't make clerics "unfair".
    • A cleric self buff, which will auto revive the cleric on death. The buff has a 5 - 10 hour cool down
    • the skill is passive and will auto rev cleric upon death, cool down again is high.
    • Cleric will be warped to town upon death with no xp loss, again big cooldown
    • Cleric could pay coin to reduce xp loss, high cooldown.

I personaily like the first option better. I do think clerics suffer greatly when it comes to fbs/bhs and and anything party related, even soloing with a cleric can be difficult considering they do the lowest dam out of all the mage classes sure they have heals but so does every other mage class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you want a self res? hmmm sounds cool. But you want to save yourself from exp loss soon even if it was? b:chuckle.

Solution: don't die b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm bumping this, I do feel strongly about this. Clerics are by far the weakest out of all the mage classes, in whatever way you look at it. Also cleric do suffer greatly in parties as they are the ones who must go back to town upon death and lose the xp.

The self rez spell could be implanted, in a "correct" manner i.e. so it doesn't make clerics "unfair".
    • A cleric self buff, which will auto revive the cleric on death. The buff has a 5 - 10 hour cool down
    • the skill is passive and will auto rev cleric upon death, cool down again is high.
    • Cleric will be warped to town upon death with no xp loss, again big cooldown
    • Cleric could pay coin to reduce xp loss, high cooldown.

I personaily like the first option better. I do think clerics suffer greatly when it comes to fbs/bhs and and anything party related, even soloing with a cleric can be difficult considering they do the lowest dam out of all the mage classes sure they have heals but so does every other mage class.

o.o what? Clerics aren't weak at all. A good cleric shouldn't have any problems playing alone. Every other mage class (I assume you aren't counting venos because their damage is much worse than any other magic class) has some kind of heal, but it doesn't stack like IH does, or the channeling isn't fast enough to help like Wellspring's. Seriously, to me a cleric is the easiest mage class to play because they can take care of themselves. Also, guardian scrolls are a pretty cheap investment, so they don't suffer that much in instances at all. If you're at a level where .2% (or whatever the loss is) is a lot of exp for you, you should know to carry angels with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    o.o what? Clerics aren't weak at all. A good cleric shouldn't have any problems playing alone. Every other mage class (I assume you aren't counting venos because their damage is much worse than any other magic class) has some kind of heal, but it doesn't stack like IH does, or the channeling isn't fast enough to help like Wellspring's. Seriously, to me a cleric is the easiest mage class to play because they can take care of themselves. Also, guardian scrolls are a pretty cheap investment, so they don't suffer that much in instances at all. If you're at a level where .2% (or whatever the loss is) is a lot of exp for you, you should know to carry angels with you.

Venoes are even easier to play than playing a barb, make that the easiest class to play. I don't even need powders and venoes have leech life. They do much better than their pet in tanking and DDing b:surrender. + You got kiting tools better than cleric, + they know how to be arcane melee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wasn't really including venos in my post because I don't think the person I was replying to was either. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I said no the first time I commented, and I stand by it. Clerics are a fun, powerful class - dealing with death is just part of the job.
    Clerics are by far the weakest out of all the mage classes, in whatever way you look at it.

That statement is hilariously untrue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That statement is hilariously untrue.

I do worst on archer and I don't QQ for making archers stronger. I am just plain suckish without survivability skills. I think the OP and those who agree should learn to play cleric better. I only die as a squishy when not careful. Archer, well.. die all the time still b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG