Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    But if your dead, your dead, you cant rescue yourself like in real life :p

Unless you have scrolls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I respond with the same post because you haven't answered it. You just keep saying, "uhh.. no we're not overpowered because... well just because!" Lets flip it AGAIN. Let someone hit you 2-3 times in PvP before you attack back. Lets see how well you do. Until then, stfu

No, no. I answered you. Dozens of people answered you, you other personality just prevents you from actually seeing it. Take a look around, carefully read every pathetic thread you started, try to make your other self shut up and pay attention. You'll see that you're just a stubborn child crying out loud because his toy is older than his neighbor's toy.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Merchant > Misc > Purchase Rez scroll.

~Saitada

Rez scrolls in the end are convenient only for the squad and the run. Not the cleric personally. They still lose the same amount of xp that other classes don't.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd be happy enough with a reduced cooldown on res scrolls - don't see the need for reduced exp loss or anything. Buying res scrolls and GAs is just part of the job, and a price I am willing to pay to play such a fun class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No, no. I answered you. Dozens of people answered you, you other personality just prevents you from actually seeing it. Take a look around, carefully read every pathetic thread you started, try to make your other self shut up and pay attention. You'll see that you're just a stubborn child crying out loud because his toy is older than his neighbor's toy.

How does an archer hit an assassin?
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How does an archer hit an assassin?

when the sin comes to hit you, you survive his initial hit using a plethora of skills/genie skills available to you, then you fight back.

how do you think BMs retaliate, since we're always getting hit first. we survive, then we fight back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    dont stray from the topic
    as i can see this would be really helpful to ALL of PWIb:pleased
    cuz i am tired of clerics bailing on TT runs cuz they loose so much exp or they cant get back to a certain spot cuz we rushed ,etc
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i think this would be great to have gotta luv your clericsb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and . . many cleric say they don't has rez scroll . .
    so it not something good for the cleric them self . .
    since it lower their money b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    uhmmm wudnt this make a lil bit of OP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
    edited February 2010
    Maybe make it not working if killed by player ?
    Just like bramble not reflect on pvp.
    They can make soul of vengeance not disappear even after dead
    =( why can't make these one has unique trigger to ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    ^ this

• YordaUjain - Dreamweaver
    YordaUjain - Dreamweaver Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Idon't think this would make Clerics overpowered. Actually right now clerics have a huge disadvantage in the sense that if a suad wipe occurs, it's the cleric that goes to town to give a exp saving rez to teammates, everytime. In a realy bad run I can lose up to nearer 10% and that's quite honestly very frustrating, especially so, if a squadie then starts moaning about losing 1%.

Keeping that in mind, giving clerics a self rez to save at least a small portion of exp would BALANCE them out in regard to other classes instead of making them OP.

Clerics already are way weaker than other classes in battle (I know there are kickass clerics, that makes no difference) so it'd be nice to have at least somekind of advantage over the other classes. And no, heals don't count since most classes can self heal as well and hits way harder.

I agree. This needs to be looked into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PLAYING PWI FOR FRIENDS (CHAT) ONLY, NO ZEN CHARGING, NO GAINING GEAR. MOVING TO GUILD WARS 2 UPON LAUNCH WITH FACTION.

Got Dot? Why Not? It PAYS! website.ws/tomujain
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    no self rez for ep cause of pvp/pk problem
    but they could add special rez scroll usable by cleric only that reduce 50% exp lost
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Rez scrolls in the end are convenient only for the squad and the run. Not the cleric personally. They still lose the same amount of xp that other classes don't.

Funny. My cleric uses Rez scrolls and Guardian scrolls in combination and never loses any xp at all. I don't see what the problem is. There is already a method in place in the game to do exactly what is being discussed here. Rez scroll + Guardian scroll = Resurrection with no xp loss. And guess what! It is available to EVERYONE.

Seems pretty simple to me.

~Saitada
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Funny. My cleric uses Rez scrolls and Guardian scrolls in combination and never loses any xp at all. I don't see what the problem is. There is already a method in place in the game to do exactly what is being discussed here. Rez scroll + Guardian scroll = Resurrection with no xp loss. And guess what! It is available to EVERYONE.

Seems pretty simple to me.

~Saitada

The thing is you need around 100K+ coins every time you get killed. I know won't be much of a problem on higher levels where coins are more aviable, but let's face it, clerics have hard time gathering coins.

Also, the same reason can be given to all suqad members: why the cleric only need to spend 100k+ coins per death if he doesn't wanna loose exp?

More than the reason of havin' a paid option for doing it, I think a free option is always good.

Here's my two cents. I was thinkin' on postin' it on a separate thread, but better not double post the same suggestion.

Skill: Rearise
    Learned at lvl: 64
    Range: Self cast
    Mana: 1085
    Channel: 6.0 seconds
    Cast: 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown: 1.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic Instruments
    Requisite: Cultivation Aware of Principle, Revive lvl 10

Cast an aura that binds the caster's soul to his body. Decreases potential experience loss from dying by 90%. Will come back with 10% of total HP and MP. Last 30 minutes.

Requires one spark
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    As i heard . . unlimited argue. b:cry
    Don't you love to help cleric ? b:laugh
    Btw Frijolero make that skill not working if killed by player. . so people not start Q.Q saying cleric OP.
    Just a suggestion. =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Cast an aura that binds the caster's soul to his body. Decreases potential experience loss from dying by 90%. Will come back with 10% of total HP and MP. Last 30 minutes.wait....does that mean if you get killed by a mob and is still in the mob's range it will just keel you again and again if you still be in aggro range? b:shocked

Requires one spark and requires exp loss to be activated. or something so it can't be used due to PK death.

fixed...sort of?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010

Cast an aura that binds the caster's soul to his body. Decreases potential experience loss from dying by 90%. Will come back with 10% of total HP and MP. Last 30 minutes.wait....does that mean if you get killed by a mob and is still in the mob's range it will just keel you again and again if you still be in aggro range? b:shocked

Hm maybe the mob lost agro ? Well if you not died right on mob original place i guess . . . it safe. b:surrender
    Requires one spark and requires exp loss to be activated. or something so it can't be used due to PK death.

fixed...sort of?

Genius. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    also make it like a choice (so that you don't end up dying 10000 times for 30 minutes.)
    not an auto revive like assassins have.
    b:surrender
    what if you has another cleric there with you mayhaps with level 11 rez?
    b:puzzled
    me pretty sure you would prefer that then the 10% exp loss.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    ^ thisb:pleased

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Btw Frijolero make that skill not working if killed by player. . so people not start Q.Q saying cleric OP.
    Just a suggestion. =(

As far as I know rez scroll and guardian scrolls can be used even on pk mode. I don't see why the skill could be considered OP on pk. You'll still got the kill and drops if any. Maybe if the cleric is charmed could lead to an advantage, but still it'll be the same as using a res croll + guardian scroll combo.

Perhaps the skill could be implemented the way it won't trigger if you are red named or with the swords on your nick, just like what happens with heals n' buff when you try cast em' on a red named player.

If any class char ressurect within a mob's aggro range by any means (revive spell, scroll, etc.), you will get aggro. The skill won't do any different than how the game manages aggro rite now .

fixed...sort of?

adding an exp cost will immediately negate the whole purpose of the spell. As I said a lil' above on this post, I don't see why this spell can be OP on pk mode.
    also make it like a choice (so that you don't end up dying 10000 times for 30 minutes.)
    not an auto revive like assassins have.

That's the idea. The skill will enable the ressurrect button once you die, acting as a lvl 10 revive spell. It's not like the TB's skill.
    what if you has another cleric there with you mayhaps with level 11 rez?
    b:puzzled
    me pretty sure you would prefer that then the 10% exp loss.

The skill act as if you cast revive on yourself. As the game mechanic goes so far, any res spell casted won't override this skill. Anyways, this could be considered as a drawaback for the skill, so even a more balanced skill will be.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The skill act as if you cast revive on yourself. As the game mechanic goes so far, any res spell casted won't override this skill. Anyways, this could be considered as a drawaback for the skill, so even a more balanced skill will be.

Might have trouble with this, I'm pretty sure as the code stands, that a cleric casting revive overrides any previous revives cast upon that target. I'd have to test to know for sure though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    If any class char ressurect within a mob's aggro range by any means (revive spell, scroll, etc.), you will get aggro. The skill won't do any different than how the game manages aggro rite now .

you made it sound like teh caster has no choice and it will continually bring them alive as soon as they die lols.....

adding an exp cost will immediately negate the whole purpose of the spell. As I said a lil' above on this post, I don't see why this spell can be OP on pk mode.

not a cost, a prerequisite. that there needs to be teh risk of exp loss (which would mean a PvE death not a PvP death)

That's the idea. The skill will enable the ressurrect button once you die, acting as a lvl 10 revive spell. It's not like the TB's skill.

yesh that would be better lol.

rawr~
    10 characters
    also ya um what if you has a cleric with level 11 res and would prefer no exp loss to 10%?
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Might have trouble with this, I'm pretty sure as the code stands, that a cleric casting revive overrides any previous revives cast upon that target. I'd have to test to know for sure though.

I remember read on cleric fuorums that revive is a first come-first served spell. So any revive won't overrive the prior rev casted before.

But if at the end the revive acts as a LIFO stack (newer overrides older), then even better, cause that way you can wait for that sage revive if you don't wanna loose exp, or just use the 10% loss self revive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I remember read on cleric fuorums that revive is a first come-first served spell. So any revive won't overrive the prior rev casted before.

But if at the end the revive acts as a LIFO stack (newer overrides older), then even better, cause that way you can wait for that sage revive if you don't wanna loose exp, or just use the 10% loss self revive.

the last casted revive overwrites the previous.-ive tested-

Also: demon has 0% exp loss too, not just sage.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

you made it sound like teh caster has no choice and it will continually bring them alive as soon as they die lols.....

When you die, you automatically looses aggro, the mob gets surrounded by the yellow bubble, regen and goes back to its preset starting position. Im pretty sure you've seen that before. This is not changed by the spell.

If you resurrect near the mob, and he is aggresive. he'll attack you as soon as he sees you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    When you die, you automatically looses aggro, the mob gets surrounded by the yellow bubble, regen and goes back to its preset starting position. Im pretty sure you've seen that before. This is not changed by the spell.

If you resurrect near the mob, and he is aggresive. he'll attack you as soon as he sees you.

people can and occasionally do die at teh mob's preset starting point.
    b:sweat

and in a few unfortunate cases, me died at another mob's preset starting point.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    people can and occasionally do die at teh mob's preset starting point.
    b:sweat

and in a few unfortunate cases, me died at another mob's preset starting point.
    xD

^ thish b:sad

edited February 2010
    yep
    it be like woot me are kiting~ kiting~ kiting~ *runs into another mob.*
    *BLAM!*
    DX
    *MagicHamsta has Fallen.*
    :<
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]