Please show more respect to other's

Options

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    AND I'M SICK of ppl typing to me when I can't type back because VENO'S WORK ... we can't just put on macro & chat. I'm busy healing my pet & directing it AND ME. Try that sometime. It ain't easy.

Just a side note on this...I only macro DDing on rare occasions, and buffs. None of my healing is macroed. So when I'm in BH69 healing the tank, squad healing the squishies, purifying the tank, popping heals on the melees out of squad heal range, debuffing the boss to make the kill faster, and typing, guess what? None of that is macroed. I'm pressing the button, typing as fast as I can while it's channeling/casting, pressing another button and typing again.

Don't blame us for...typing? Really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:surrender and ew hunter I hate clerics who try to heal me after soul transfusion its such a wasted effort unless I am not healing myself.

What is wasted about recovering lost HP b:surrender? If i heal veno they can cast a spell in that time and do an extra bit of DD.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just a side note on this...I only macro DDing on rare occasions, and buffs. None of my healing is macroed. So when I'm in BH69 healing the tank, squad healing the squishies, purifying the tank, popping heals on the melees out of squad heal range, debuffing the boss to make the kill faster, and typing, guess what? None of that is macroed. I'm pressing the button, typing as fast as I can while it's channeling/casting, pressing another button and typing again.

Don't blame us for...typing? Really?

I dont think they have played a cleric and seem to have a one track mind. Just ignore them, Clerics do one hell of a job and I respect them for it as I have been through it all myself
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i dont have to macro XD im an archer i auto atk..... but i also throw up my metal debuf and my DoT when ever i can even though an archer is just auto atking they should still be there sure we may type a bit but its pointless for us to sit and hammer on our auto atk key or spam skills (all its gonna do is waste our mp) if i have spark i spark throw up my metal debuf and do a metal spam after that i go back to auto atking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nature's Grace - Soul Transfusion - Metabolic Boost

Thats why I hate it when clerics try to heal me I get done with my metabolic boost and boom see a stream of purple light on top of me leaving me thinkin you either need more channeling or to not do it. A safe bet is this if the veno doesn't heal in the next 15 30 seconds they aren't going to heal themselves they are expecting you to do it. Before that your wasting you mana.

And like hell you can make a heal macro on a veno hundreds of venos have tried and the only thing you can make a heal macro with is bramble too much mana doesn't work. And if you stop healing the barb for one heal or the bm or whoever is tanking they won't die if a veno stops healing for one heal their pet dies. Thats the difference

Also being a cleric is just as hard as veno imo your still managing people your still healing someone constantly the only difference is if you fail as a cleric your "pets" get mad at you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not once did I mention charms and such through my post because I know they are personal preference, my cleric hasnt used a charm since level 75 and most barbs on HT dont use them either so QQ somewhere else please

Last time I looked, your permission isn't required for me to voice my opinion. But go ahead & knock yourself out QQing about my diagreeing with you.

The topic is about ALL barbs & clerics. I don't recall the OP singling you out & neither did I.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. Or anyone else for that matter. Why don't you show that same respect to others & allow others to have a say as much as you want to?
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There's one thing i hate on this game is some of thease faction's think they own you or tell you what to do iam sorry when did this game turn in to a dictatorship or they think there better it's just a game come on now grow up.

Also just the other day a cleric friend invited me to do a Fcc run i said np so in any case i get tired of being ask this (this your first time) i reply no and there where some that belong to a larger faction didn't like how i was doing it so they where rude and all left the squad left me and cleric hanging so np we got 4 more players and had a blast np.

Another friend who is a lv 99 barb was kicked out of squad because they told him he was not good enough and you wonder why barbs are hard to find to do runs i see it every day when i logg on looking for barb for delta or gamma or fcc and some get mad and go on world chat wheres all the barbs go i wonder why.

I cant tell you how many time's i been used in t-t runs when they use me as a tank and after all is done i got nothing but a 200k or higher repair job well thats another reason why i refuse to do any type of runs unless i know who iam with.

I realy think that barbs and cleric's take a lot of abuse from other's i know i started a cleric to see for my self it's hell getting yelled at telling me im not healing when iam etc a person i spoke to deleted his lv 91 cleric couldn't take the abuse from others so again what's this game turning in to?

It's not easy to be in any char but you all have to work together stop blaming others it's very childlish so as i think im not the only one who has gone through this i can imagine how some feel some i know even quit pwi went to jade dynasty they tell me on jade there tired of all the stuff going on on pwi i realy cant blame them.

So in any case im just telling it as it is and asking for some respect like others deserve it to war's have began over stupid thing's such has control and to much power rember this is a game not real life .

I may sound rude but im one of those people making a point and i cant tell you how many times i left squads do to the abuse i get on barb and cleric they didn't like it when i left oh well i say they should of thought of that befor they got nasty and rude lol.

So my point is this is a game to injoy not a dictatorship we all deserve better respect and if you dont like how a person is doing it then find a differnt squad not every one does it the same way i seen it done seval differnt ways in fcc and in t-t what would this game be like with out barbs and cleric's can u imagine i can well take care people sorry if i sound rude im just tired as a few barbs and cleric's i know are being treated bad

I hear what you're saying. I pretty much stopped doing BHs because some people act like jerks or don't know they are doing. I try to do all that stuff with faction mates. I'm very thankful for all the barbs and clerics who have helped me in the past especially the ones who knew what they were doing.
    Nowadays it's 50-50 on any class I squad up with that knows their toon well.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First. All classes have their nuances and challenges. Stating that any class is easier to play than any other is disrespectful and stupid.

Second. All players must deal with different issues. All classes get abused in different ways and must suffer misunderstandings about their role and capabilities. No class has it any easier, or harder, than another.

Third. Respect is something we all deserve but must also earn through our gameplay. Asking others to understand the problems faced by your class is futile when you belittle what difficulties they face.

I disagree with the position than Barbs and Clerics encounter more hardships or abuse than any other class.

I disagree with Venos being an easier class to play than any other, especially when it relates to squad work.

These points are just made to justify privileges that, as i have explained in other threads, are based on a bribe system in reality. Barbs get first pick because they are the hardest class to find. Clerics get second because they're necessary. Claiming they have a harder job than others or that they suffer any more abuse is false and self serving.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thats why I hate it when clerics try to heal me I get done with my metabolic boost and boom see a stream of purple light on top of me leaving me thinkin you either need more channeling or to not do it. A safe bet is this if the veno doesn't heal in the next 15 30 seconds they aren't going to heal themselves they are expecting you to do it. Before that your wasting you mana.

Clerics can't win lol. 15-30 seconds is a long time to wait.

If we heal you after soul transfusion and you heal yourself then there is no problem or risk.
    If we don't heal you after soul transfusion and an aoe hits and kills you then you will be even more annoyed.

Each veno is different some expect the heal and some don't so i just heal after everyone so there is no unexpected deaths if the boss happens to have an aoe.

• Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Last time I looked, your permission isn't required for me to voice my opinion. But go ahead & knock yourself out QQing about my diagreeing with you.

The topic is about ALL barbs & clerics. I don't recall the OP singling you out & neither did I.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. Or anyone else for that matter. Why don't you show that same respect to others & allow others to have a say as much as you want to?

My point of view comes from me actually going through what the OP was saying and you turned it into a veno needs respect thread when venos do get respect. I dont disrespect any class in the game because everyone can do what they like.

You cant say that venos deserve more respect than a cleric because quite frankly clerics do so much more than a veno and then for that cleric to get moaned at for doing their job is out of order, which this thread was started for.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First. All classes have their nuances and challenges. Stating that any class is easier to play than any other is disrespectful and stupid.

Second. All players must deal with different issues. All classes get abused in different ways and must suffer misunderstandings about their role and capabilities. No class has it any easier, or harder, than another.

Third. Respect is something we all deserve but must also earn through our gameplay. Asking others to understand the problems faced by your class is futile when you belittle what difficulties they face.

I disagree with the position than Barbs and Clerics encounter more hardships or abuse than any other class.

I disagree with Venos being an easier class to play than any other, especially when it relates to squad work.

These points are just made to justify privileges that, as i have explained in other threads, are based on a bribe system in reality. Barbs get first pick because they are the hardest class to find. Clerics get second because they're necessary. Claiming they have a harder job than others or that they suffer any more abuse is false and self serving.

b:cute thats one of the smartest things on this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacrafter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nature's Grace - Soul Transfusion - Metabolic Boost

And like hell you can make a heal macro on a veno hundreds of venos have tried and the only thing you can make a heal macro with is bramble too much mana doesn't work. And if you stop healing the barb for one heal or the bm or whoever is tanking they won't die if a veno stops healing for one heal their pet dies. Thats the difference

THANK YOU

It's ridiculous that people can't see that running two characters at once is way more intense than running just one character.

Situations constantly are changing. You can't macro that.

It's very uninformed to think a veno just stands around healing their pet & doesn't have to do anything else. That just shows the person doesn't know a thing about the veno class.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    THANK YOU

It's ridiculous that people can't see that running two characters at once is way more intense than running just one character.

Situations constantly are changing. You can't macro that.

It's very uninformed to think a veno just stands around healing their pet & doesn't have to do anything else. That just shows the person doesn't know a thing about the veno class.

Its also uninformed to think that veno is harder then any other class they are not just because you have to manage two life bars doesn't mean they are harder. Honestly in terms of easiness Wizards they have the easiest in instances almost annoyingly easy. Archers are eh Barbs are fun BMs manage things its not always easy doing what they do. And clerics well they are hard sometimes because some people don't know how to make aggro stay on one person. But its all exciting and you are just over pushing your position. Venos CAN be difficult but in general if you have played one for a few months it becomes second nature its not hard after that. Don't act like it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacrafter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My point of view comes from me actually going through what the OP was saying and you turned it into a veno needs respect thread when venos do get respect. I dont disrespect any class in the game because everyone can do what they like.

You cant say that venos deserve more respect than a cleric because quite frankly clerics do so much more than a veno and then for that cleric to get moaned at for doing their job is out of order, which this thread was started for.

No actually that is just your failure in reading comprehension.

What I said was very simple...

Why should I feel sorry for barbs & clerics when no one cares about my issues.

Now just because I didn't act like a god & speak for everyone else in the game as if I'm superior & only spoke for myself you got LOST in what I said.

Try focussing on what someone is saying & not exaggerating what they say by reading into it things that aren't there. I'm a veno... I used myself as an example. It's really not that hard a concept to "get".
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok i give up this is getting stupid. Veno is not a hard class to play in any way, shape or form in PvE.

Please don't say you have to control two characters because you don't you have to control one character and sometimes your pet. You can set it to attack when you do or defend you when u get attacked that's hardly controlling two characters and to lure all you have to do is send mob to attack, let it hit and then recall. Again hardly controlling two characters. Controlling your pet is easy and is nowhere near as complicated as controlling your character.

Don't get me wrong veno's are incredibly helpful class to have in the squad but they aren't difficult at all, the exception being in PvP when they are not the easiest class from what i have been told.

• chelseacrafter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its also uninformed to think that veno is harder then any other class they are not just because you have to manage two life bars doesn't mean they are harder. Honestly in terms of easiness Wizards they have the easiest in instances almost annoyingly easy. Archers are eh Barbs are fun BMs manage things its not always easy doing what they do. And clerics well they are hard sometimes because some people don't know how to make aggro stay on one person. But its all exciting and you are just over pushing your position. Venos CAN be difficult but in general if you have played one for a few months it becomes second nature its not hard after that. Don't act like it is.

Once again, it's not rocket science... I never said veno was the hardest. Show me where I did. YOU are saying I did out of failure to comprehend my simple example.

I speak for myself. I don't speak for every player on the game.

I used myself as an example to point out something very fundamental.

Why should I feel sorry for barbs & clerics when they don't feel sorry for my issues.

It's your own job to apply that idea to your own experience & class.

Gee... and people wonder why I hate paying school taxes...
  • chelseacrafter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah I give up to...

People blowing everything out of proportion, reading things into something not there & twisting everything convenientally so they have something to go off topic on ....

FAIL & waste of my time & emotions.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok i give up this is getting stupid. Veno is not a hard class to play in any way, shape or form in PvE.
    Please don't say you have to control two characters because you don't you have to control one character and sometimes your pet. You can set it to attack when you do or defend you when u get attacked that's hardly controlling two characters and to lure all you have to do is send mob to attack, let it hit and then recall. Again hardly controlling two characters. Controlling your pet is easy and is nowhere near as complicated as controlling your character.
    Don't get me wrong veno's are incredibly helpful class to have in the squad but they aren't difficult at all, the exception being in PvP when they are not the easiest class from what i have been told.

Eh they are hard don't let anyone tell you otherwise just as hard as it is to learn a cleric. I know because I have played them all some others up to 70 (archer sin and psy excluded) Cleric can be learned and can be taught. Venomancer managing is difficult for newbie venos (35+ is easy until then well mostly easy). It takes time to look around and time your skills in between pet heals. PvP is unlike what is for other classes for venos PvP is like taking on a bunch of mobs that constantly aggro you oh right and have low life. Thats why its hard sometimes when situations appear like that single mob aggro is nothing. Its when it gets more that it gets hard.

And Two characters is MUUUUCH harder then controlling a venomancer b:surrender again tried ALOT its hard painful sometimes but can be learned and practiced like anything else venomancer is not quite what controlling two character comes to but it does get close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Once again, it's not rocket science... I never said veno was the hardest. Show me where I did. YOU are saying I did out of failure to comprehend my simple example.

I speak for myself. I don't speak for every player on the game.

I used myself as an example to point out something very fundamental.

Why should I feel sorry for barbs & clerics when they don't feel sorry for my issues.

It's your own job to apply that idea to your own experience & class.

Gee... and people wonder why I hate paying school taxes...

there thats when you said it and earlier you compared venomancers to running two characters if you don't want your words given back to you don't say them.

Using venomancers as a example is not a excuses you and I both know thats not what you were doing not from your first post not from your second not from your third.

And cheese don't say things are fail just because you can't come up with a position that isn't turned on you.

=_= look what you did you made me double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Eh they are hard don't let anyone tell you otherwise just as hard as it is to learn a cleric. I know because I have played them all some others up to 70 (archer sin and psy excluded) Cleric can be learned and can be taught. Venomancer managing is difficult for newbie venos (35+ is easy until then well mostly easy).

And Two characters is MUUUUCH harder then controlling a venomancer b:surrender again tried ALOT its hard painful sometimes but can be learned and practiced like anything else venomancer is not quite what controlling two character comes to but it does get close.

Venomancer's are easy in PvE though, in my experience the easiest. I managed to get to level 74 on my veno before i was ready to quit the game, they have no challenge i did TT/FF/FB/AoE Grind/Tanked and nothing was hard (in my level range ofcourse i could never tank TT/FF or certain bosses) and i did it with a magmite to try and make things abit more challenging without giving myself a handicap. I got up to 5k SoF before i just gave up on the class and opted for something more challenging.

Im not saying in anyway that veno's are a useless class and not needed at all before someone twists my words.

I can't comment on PvP because i never did it on my veno.

Controlling your pet is hard to get used to it and remembering to feed it aswell but after 20-30 levels like you said it becomes second nature and youe pet becomes a part of u as much as your armour.

• Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Everyone is QQing and complaining to each other and just insulting everyone. Fail "respect" request.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Everyone is QQing and complaining to each other and just insulting everyone. Fail "respect" request.

Me and Pressa arent QQ'ing, complaining or insulting each other - we're just talking b:chuckle.

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You have to point out though...the only time a cleric gets REALLY hard is when other people in the party aren't doing their job b:surrender

If the tank doesn't lose aggro, no DDs pull aggro, and nothing goes wrong, 75% of the time the cleric's job is IH...IH...IH...it's those times when maybe the DD forgot that they can easily pull aggro and go all out, or the tank misses a few cancels, or another mob is pulled...that's when a cleric gets hard. But that's my favorite time to be one b:victory

As far as second nature...I'm fairly certain all classes come second nature after playing them for a while. My assassin is second nature to me and she's level 36.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

My regular routine on a boss; Lending Hand(To cleric if BB is up, otherwise to tank, Pet-Pierce)Foxform-Befuddling Mist-Amplify Damage(Genie-Extreme Poison, Pet-Howl)Foxform-Spark-Ironwood Scarab-Lucky Scarab-Venomous Scarab-Noxious Gas-Ironwood Scarab-Blazing Scarab-Venomous Scarab-Lucky Scarab-Ironwood Scarab-Foxform-Beffudling Mist-Amplify Damage(Genie-Extreme Poison, Pet-Howl)...

Now, this is a little over half a minute. Foxform breaks combos which you can't really use anyway since you need to alternate between your three big hitters' cooldowns (Blazing[15], Noxious[6], Lucky[12]) which as you can see all have different durations. This means keeping an eye on these cooldowns to see which one is up or close to. Noxious i ideally try to use before Ironwood because i still have to manage enough chi to spark whenever i amp (i always use EP when doing so, which is hitting one more button) and be ready to spark whenever Lending Hand is up. Ofc Ironwood's debuff i have to keep up at all times, i'm currently using my Tabby's Pierce to help but since i'll soon be swaping it for Threaten i'll have to manage without it.

Once again this is only a little over half a minute, i have to juggle my skills like this for as long as a boss kill takes. Not to mention coordinating with the debuffs of other DDs if i notice they don't just use them randomly. That's three cooldowns i can't miss (Lending hand, Amplify Damage and Ironwood) plus three others i have to keep an eye on (Scarabs) plus chi management (if i don't watch it i'll have to delay using necessary skills like Lending Hand or Ironwood) plus pet skill cooldowns. This is on top of the usual stuff, like keeping an eye on patrols, which veno can handle better than some of the other classes, or keeping my short duration buff (Bramble Guard, 10 mins) applied. Now, every boss has it's own characteristics as does every squad and i have to adjust accordingly, not just blindly do my own thing.

Let's see what a cleric my level does. No need to purify really so it's either spamming Ironheart and maybe an ocassional group heal or setting up Regeneration Aura. Most don't even bother to throw a random Plume Shot or a Seal even if they can manage. Pretty much it. I've talked a couple of six year olds into doing this once i realized they had borrowed their older brother's char...

Now, do you see me saying clerics are easy to play? Just buff, heal and res if necessary? No. I well realize the responsability that lies upon clerics, they're in a way responsible for the whole squad and for making all the tough calls. Good clerics constantly monitor everyone's hp on top of handling themselves as attackers and healers. and let's not forget their absolute first responsability is keeping themselves alive.

Sure, i could play half assed like some venos do. Just afk through a combo and don't really worry about debuffing except every once in a while. I see bad players get away with it all the time... Except i'm a competitive player and take pride in playing my class. You think is easy? If you play a veno you probably fail at it.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well its kinda knowledge like looking back on it I remember the hard parts more then the easier times. I found Venos the hardest I suppose thats cause it was the first one I went thru and I didn't know what I was doing.

And it gets hard from my perspective I suppose because I don't play the game unless its hard so if its too easy I make it harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please compare apples to apples.

If you are going to give an example of an ideal veno, don't say that clerics do nothing but IH. Use an example of the ideal cleric to compare.

I have seen venos who never use foxform, just nuke with ironwood and venemous. But comparing this to the best cleric is clearly unfair as they are not taking full advantage of their class.

But in general just stop the "my class is better/more complex/deserves more recognition" stuff. Clerics can get complex if everyone in the squad isn't perfect, as mentioned. Venos have a lot of stuff they can do to assist with the boss.

NO ONE should afk under macro. Saying a class is fail because some do is incredibly unfair.
    edited February 2010
    Options

Cool.
    Well its kinda knowledge like looking back on it I remember the hard parts more then the easier times. I found Venos the hardest I suppose thats cause it was the first one I went thru and I didn't know what I was doing.

And it gets hard from my perspective I suppose because I don't play the game unless its hard so if its too easy I make it harder.

I'll admit i didn't have a clue when i first started and veno's confused the hell out of me. Once i escaped from noobie land and it all made sense i found veno's incredibly easy for my play style.

• XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You have to point out though...the only time a cleric gets REALLY hard is when other people in the party aren't doing their job b:surrender

If the tank doesn't lose aggro, no DDs pull aggro, and nothing goes wrong, 75% of the time the cleric's job is IH...IH...IH...it's those times when maybe the DD forgot that they can easily pull aggro and go all out, or the tank misses a few cancels, or another mob is pulled...that's when a cleric gets hard. But that's my favorite time to be one b:victory

As far as second nature...I'm fairly certain all classes come second nature after playing them for a while. My assassin is second nature to me and she's level 36.

QFT.

I fail to understand how some people have a hard time spamming IH. I agree it can become a strain if you don't watch your MP and aren't charmed (it's my case, lol... but now I use apothecary items), other than that, it's a piece of cake. Oh and purify.

I guess I find it easy because I play another game with no aggro control bar slowing down skills, meaning enemies scatter and hit the whole party. But if a single person can keep 7 + themselves alive on this system, you can understand that healing for PWI is, as I said, a piece of cake. Including single healing, party-wide healing and status ailment removal.

Because some clerics suck that bad. Honestly. When a full-geared lv80 cleric can't keep my 90 BM up, but my 73 cleric can and I'm also tanking on a separate computer, folks, we have a problem.

Back on topic:

I have to admit I'm expecting respect, online and offline. I shouldn't, I keep telling myself that, and yet I do. I don't understand why people don't respect each other more.

Actually I DO understand: anonymity. We all know the theory by now.

I see it often and thankfully, I've only had a few guildies show such behavior - and they were promptly talked to, or in some cases, booted (actually all my boots, outside from inactivity, were because of major lack of respect... I can count 5 ATM >_>). It's something that's insanely important to me. Within squads I'm actually able to shrug it off it at some point if directed at me, but if it's directed at my guildies and friends, you're done for.

Because I'm not known to just sit there and take abuse.

... I think I've ranted enough >_>;;;...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please compare apples to apples.

If you are going to give an example of an ideal veno, don't say that clerics do nothing but IH. Use an example of the ideal cleric to compare.

I have seen venos who never use foxform, just nuke with ironwood and venemous. But comparing this to the best cleric is clearly unfair as they are not taking full advantage of their class.

But in general just stop the "my class is better/more complex/deserves more recognition" stuff. Clerics can get complex if everyone in the squad isn't perfect, as mentioned. Venos have a lot of stuff they can do to assist with the boss.

NO ONE should afk under macro. Saying a class is fail because some do is incredibly unfair.

Believe it or not i completely agree with you. In case the ideal veno thing was addressed to me let me assure i'm far from making such claim. But i am competent, as i'm sure many clerics are too.

No class is better than any other, nor easier/harder to play. It's just different playstyles for different people.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Meh, keep spaming them flesh reams and roar when a couple of mobs are ganking the squad.

You barbs have it the easiest lol.

Let's break it down shall we? ok here it is:

Us wizzies: we go through mp pots too when we DD and make it faster for the squad, ok esee? and we get the last pick on HH mats ^.^ you don't see us complaining.

Clerics: They are the love <3 best people ever, who would go through not only mp pots, but mp charms like crazy, for the benefit of the squad and you don't see a lot of them complaining, so be good to them, they are teh soul of this game b:cute

Barbs: repair costs? that's it? try rolling a cleric, see how much they burn mana and not complain a lot.

Venos: Seriously, easy mode not easy much? no repair costs, grinding is so relaxing, everything you get from grinding is pure proft. Herc is a fixed cost, meaning you can make up for it when you solo HH, so a herc = investment.

BMs: Balanced, doesn't tank a lot, goes through mp pots slowly, go through hp pots slowly, have the best in both worlds :)

Archers: Go through mp pots moderately, unless they are spamming Barrage, not much costs, not much anything since they are DDers who can auto attack xD.

Anyways, respect is important yes, but if I see someone who is doing it the wrong way, and by that I mean we are dying because of it, then I will speak up, if he doesn't change his way, either I'm out or he is out ^.^

And please don't talk about costs, everyone has a lot of costs, don't forget the skills people, they do consume coins too b:surrender

You're a barb, deal with it, once you finish a good HH, you get the mat you want, we wizzies get the mat that no one wants Q_Q.

And wizzies don't get into much HH runs >.< so yea, DEAL WITH IT. b:bye

Edit: oh yea on the whole respect thing, anonymity is the answer like Xan said, i read somewhere that shy people IRL are the jerks in game or on the internet, not saying it is true, but studies showed that how people act in real life is very different than in game or on the internet.

Actually, the study pointed out that Malaysian people are very fearful in confronting other people face to face, thus they rely on mobiles and e-mails to confront other people.
    I'm not by any means agreeing with this, but I'm seeing a point there, hope you see my point ^.^
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."