Lyndura's Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Atramoria - Dreamweaver
    Atramoria - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your wiki just got owned. ;S Was trying to show my brother and BAM.
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its a grate gui to follow but you should always consider that the bm is you you need to decide what path you take and how your bm will play.Thanks for the gui
    best regards
  • PkDarkAdonis - Lost City
    PkDarkAdonis - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uh 3 vit is the way to go :P. I have 3 vit and 7.5k HP unbuffed. If you want proof i'll post a ss. An axe bm is not going to kill another bm around his/her level with a simple stunlock unless they have +12 GX and zerk/crit a ton. The thing about stunlock is that it's not a true stunlock, there are miniscule gaps between each stun because stuns cannot stack on top of each other. People use these tiny gaps to either spark (which resists your next stunning attack), expel you (sealed gg), etc.

if you cant TRULY STUN lock a player, then you are BAD lol. here is one EASY way to truly stun a player (unless of course you miss then it doesnt count) start with roar of pride after 4 seconds channel your 79 skill smack, hit once then use drake bash, near the end of that hit occult ice, if you hit every time you can get up to 38 seconds of stunlock without missing, personally i think that is too much work though
  • memq
    memq Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you cant TRULY STUN lock a player, then you are BAD lol. here is one EASY way to truly stun a player (unless of course you miss then it doesnt count) start with roar of pride after 4 seconds channel your 79 skill smack, hit once then use drake bash, near the end of that hit occult ice, if you hit every time you can get up to 38 seconds of stunlock without missing, personally i think that is too much work though

It's pointless to stun and waste chi if u can't kill, that's why 15 secs of stun should be enough, to kill just before second hiero tick.
  • PkDarkAdonis - Lost City
    PkDarkAdonis - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    memq wrote: »
    It's pointless to stun and waste chi if u can't kill, that's why 15 secs of stun should be enough, to kill just before second hiero tick.

well i was merely suggesting a means of performing such a stunlock. against someone thats almost impossible to solo like shinzoko or something a stun lock like that is insane. ofc they have absolute domain but still just a suggestion lol
  • Phirox - Sanctuary
    Phirox - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    damn, only now i can understand why my bm sux against magic mobs -.-...
    thanks, gonna lvl my alter marrows now

^^
  • Jisaera - Heavens Tear
    Jisaera - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Warning: Noob alert. b:surrender

I have a question. I'm very new to this whole blademaster class since I've had mostly magic-based characters and this is my first time building a blademaster. I'm quite confused on the build. I want to try to combine the axe/hammer and sword/blade weapon builds but I'm still confused on the final build: 6 str, 3 dex, and 1 free stat point. Since it's every two levels, do I put 5 str for the next 2 levels, and then after that 1 str, 3 dex, and put the free stat point into vit for the next 2 levels?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Warning: Noob alert. b:surrender

I have a question. I'm very new to this whole blademaster class since I've had mostly magic-based characters and this is my first time building a blademaster. I'm quite confused on the build. I want to try to combine the axe/hammer and sword/blade weapon builds but I'm still confused on the final build: 6 str, 3 dex, and 1 free stat point. Since it's every two levels, do I put 5 str for the next 2 levels, and then after that 1 str, 3 dex, and put the free stat point into vit for the next 2 levels?

try this

even lvl 3 str 2 dex

odds 2 str 2 dex 1 dex/vit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Jisaera - Heavens Tear
    Jisaera - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    try this

even lvl 3 str 2 dex

odds 2 str 2 dex 1 dex/vit

I'll certainly try that. Thanks. b:victory
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uh 3 vit is the way to go :P. I have 3 vit and 7.5k HP unbuffed. If you want proof i'll post a ss. An axe bm is not going to kill another bm around his/her level with a simple stunlock unless they have +12 GX and zerk/crit a ton. The thing about stunlock is that it's not a true stunlock, there are miniscule gaps between each stun because stuns cannot stack on top of each other. People use these tiny gaps to either spark (which resists your next stunning attack), expel you (sealed gg), etc.

-_- you just said yourself that it is too much work. Secondly, you're including genie skills, so I'm assuming they have genie skills too. Every squishy should have expel which can be used whether or not they are stunned. Third seal does not prevent you from using pots, they can easily soulcleanse or ironguard. But anyway let's go over this again.

Roar of the Pride->Smack->Drake Bash. So far so good, that's 12 seconds of stun so far. Then you're relying on Occult Ice to continue, which with a high strength genie has around a 80% chance to hit.

Guess what? That's not a true stunlock because it's not 100%. But let's go with your logic and say that it does freeze. Then you can Roar of the Pride again, so far it's been a 24 second stunlock if you have perfect timing and there's no lag. Then you sm- oh wait smack has a 40 second cooldown and it's only been 18 seconds, there goes your stunlock. Wait you're gonna occult ice again? 15 second cooldown and it's only been 12 seconds. So you can either Drake Bash or Aeolian Blade; either one is also a stun so they have that miniscule gap in between where they can prevent it.

So in the most optimal conditions you have a 24 second stunlock, where part of that time is used to cast skills. You've already used 80 energy off your genie, and if the opponent knows anything at all they will have either expelled you or themselves, used an invincibility pot, used Occult Ice on you, or done something to stop you. Also if you're fighting someone with good gear, who has 8k+ hp and 9k+ pdef, you're not gonna kill them through the simple stunlock. Not to mention you always have a chance to miss with drake bash. If you could kill easily with just a simple stunlock then most people wouldn't bother even touching weapons other than axes.

Be realistic. Nobody is gonna sit there and let you stun them for 20+ seconds.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

-_- you just said yourself that it is too much work. Secondly, you're including genie skills, so I'm assuming they have genie skills too. Every squishy should have expel which can be used whether or not they are stunned. Third seal does not prevent you from using pots, they can easily soulcleanse or ironguard. But anyway let's go over this again.

Roar of the Pride->Smack->Drake Bash. So far so good, that's 12 seconds of stun so far. Then you're relying on Occult Ice to continue, which with a high strength genie has around a 80% chance to hit.

Guess what? That's not a true stunlock because it's not 100%. But let's go with your logic and say that it does freeze. Then you can Roar of the Pride again, so far it's been a 24 second stunlock if you have perfect timing and there's no lag. Then you sm- oh wait smack has a 40 second cooldown and it's only been 18 seconds, there goes your stunlock. Wait you're gonna occult ice again? 15 second cooldown and it's only been 12 seconds. So you can either Drake Bash or Aeolian Blade; either one is also a stun so they have that miniscule gap in between where they can prevent it.

So in the most optimal conditions you have a 24 second stunlock, where part of that time is used to cast skills. You've already used 80 energy off your genie, and if the opponent knows anything at all they will have either expelled you or themselves, used an invincibility pot, used Occult Ice on you, or done something to stop you. Also if you're fighting someone with good gear, who has 8k+ hp and 9k+ pdef, you're not gonna kill them through the simple stunlock. Not to mention you always have a chance to miss with drake bash. If you could kill easily with just a simple stunlock then most people wouldn't bother even touching weapons other than axes.

Be realistic. Nobody is gonna sit there and let you stun them for 20+ seconds.

well said

never...ever use non class specific geni skills in an argument its just a setup for a childrens card game style

I DO THIS
    COUNTER WITH THIS
    BUT I HAS THIS
    HA HA I DOES HAS THE EXACT ANSWER
    OH NOES!!!

exchange like that
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Also if you're fighting someone with good gear, who has 8k+ hp and 9k+ pdef, you're not gonna kill them through the simple stunlock.

This. There are 95+ cash AAs that the attacks in the stunlock with GX is too low to kill -_-'. I'd lock them for like half a minute then run out of chi and gg b:bye. For those you have to resort to the Hail Mary fists combo >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • eskimoftw
    eskimoftw Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm new to this game and I have read your guide. I'm planning on making a Axe/Hammer and Polearm BM. The only thing is, idk at what I should cap the VIT and DEX. Any suggestions? Also, to the professionals here, did you choose Demon or Sage? Then again, I won't be needing that until later right?
  • Sacroth - Sanctuary
    Sacroth - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for guide, very helpful :)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

well said

never...ever use non class specific geni skills in an argument its just a setup for a childrens card game style

I DO THIS
    COUNTER WITH THIS
    BUT I HAS THIS
    HA HA I DOES HAS THE EXACT ANSWER
    OH NOES!!!

exchange like that

You activated my trap card!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear
    Kisho_Seiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You activated my trap card![/QUOTE]

JINZO!
  • Reaperlocke - Lost City
    Reaperlocke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have some questions that I really want answered

#1:Who do you go to to learn blademasters skills and where?

#2:How do I get the chest of trials for humans?

#3:Where can I get a mount or fling mount besides the boutiqe?

#4:Can a human get wings?
  • Reaperlocke - Lost City
    Reaperlocke - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    #5: How do I start a thread?
  • jacksonan
    jacksonan Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) You go to the Master Blademaster in any major city
    2)You jump very carefully
    3)You can buy mounts from people. The earliest you can use is at lvl 20
    4)You get them at lvl 30
    5)You click the New Thread button

Hope that helps Reaperlocke...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would like to know the best way to stat a multi purpose BM that uses all weapons.I use axe,poleblade and sword.I may use poleaxe I imagine that is the same as axe and fists.I won't use hammers.

I have 10 extra points and what is the best way to to stat 6 str. 3 dex. 1 vit.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • devriezer
    devriezer Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the great guide, this will be a great help for me. Because I'm going to be a Blademaster with blade weapon and heavy armour. So I should add the following stats 5 STR+3 DEX+2 VIT right?
    IGN: Devriezer
    Class: Champion
    Guild: Undecided
  • pensia
    pensia Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Level 29 - Piercing Winds.

o For the cost of 1 Spark, this skill will damage all the enemies in front of you within a range of xx meters (goes up with the level); additionally, it will inflict the Bleed effect on them, causing them to recieve an specific number of physical damage over 15 seconds.
    o Very important skill for Polearm users when it comes to Bleeds, because the effect of this skill can stack with the effect of Draw Blood, making a good combo of damage that will surely hurt those classes with low HP and physical defense. Get level 1 of it at the beggining, and slowly level it up once you have spare spirit to use.
    o It can be used when "AoE training" with this weapon path.

Demon:
    Sage:

what are the Demon and Sage versions of this skill.

Very good guide, the only problem that i have now it;s What should i chose? Axe/Hammer or Poleram b:cry

I have a question 4 the baldemasters over lvl 90 how mutch dex do u have? pls
  • Zhekra - Sanctuary
    Zhekra - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pensia wrote: »
    Level 29 - Piercing Winds.

what are the Demon and Sage versions of this skill.

Demon version increases range by 50%.
    Sage version gives a 25% chance to cast without consuming Spark.
    Very good guide, the only problem that i have now it;s What should i chose? Axe/Hammer or Poleram b:cry

I just went with the guide on that one:
    TheGuide wrote:
    It really comes down to personal preference, in the end most Blademasters end up using 2 or more weapon paths; however, any Blademaster will have to use the Axe/Hammer path when fighting several opponents, being it during PvE, Territory Wars or group PvP, so if you can't decide what to choose, this one is a good option to start with.
  • iolous
    iolous Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    From all the posts I have been reading it looks like axe/hammer is by far the best weapon for the Blademaster. It's better for pve, and it's better for pvp. It looks like it's better for parties and group pvp as well. I don't know if it's just biased but I kind of doubt it. I am surprised that they would make 1 weapon path so much better than all the other paths in every way. I would think they would make 1 path be excel at pve and another at pvp and maybe another 1 have great party abilities or something like that. It just seems kind of unbalanced to me.

When I started I went for swords because Blademaster just sounds like a sword user. Call me crazy but if somebody said draw your blade wouldn't you expect them to draw a sword? Well I was running around using a sword when I started running into people who were calling me stupid for using a sword and saying axes were better. By the time I was lvl 15 more than a dozen people told me swords suck and to go axe/hammer or polearm. I had a discussion with a guy about parties and he said axe/hammers are the way to go and that sword users have a hard time finding parties. I prefer being in parties because they are just so much more fun.

So in the end I am wondering do I need to restart and make an axe using Blademaster? The only problem I have with that is that I really,really, love swords. It goes against my heart not using a sword but if they really are that crappy I don't see any other choice unless I just wanna suck. I there actually a way to be descent with a sword or do I need to be an axe/hammer user to compete in this game?
  • Zhekra - Sanctuary
    Zhekra - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What does "need to restat" actually mean? After all, you are not restating from a melee fighter to a mage --- you just want to change to a slightly different stat setup.

Heavy Armor alone requires Strength and Dex --- so do swords and axes. So the first look should go to Axe/Hammer/Armor requirements --- maybe you can just stop putting Dex into your char and it will fix itself in 10 or 20 or 30 levels. It helps to take a look at some late weapons/armor --- if your current Dex is lower, then it can probably be fixed without a restat.

Other than that, if you like the game enough to pay for a restat, you might also like it enough to just make a new char. Which would even allow you to continue with the sword char whenever you feel like it --- although playing two very similar classes in the same F2P MMO"RP"G game might be a mental health challenge.

And last but not least you could try going the hard way. Even if "everyone" says swords suck, the guide does at least give the impression that it would work as a single-target build. And frankly --- I don't expect to be AoEing much, if anything at all (if I continue with the char at all). Guides tend to ignore gear entirely, since they are based on the assumption that only super-rich 24/7-farming trademutants are playing the game, so the best of the uber gear is a given. In reality, there are normal people as well, so the "AoE ability" of the Axe/Hammer skilltree *might* not be of any practical use at all.

Single-target might take slightly longer, but it's a lot safer --- which *could* even be a plus for a smaller party. I don't know the healing capacity of a cleric, but in most games there are limits...
    I really have no experience whatsoever with parties in PW, though --- I've pushed two people through FB19 and killed a few lowish quest bosses, but that's about it. So I might be completely wrong with assuming that there are always some parties that don't follow the big crowd.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    iolous wrote: »
    From all the posts I have been reading it looks like axe/hammer is by far the best weapon for the Blademaster. It's better for pve, and it's better for pvp. It looks like it's better for parties and group pvp as well. I don't know if it's just biased but I kind of doubt it. I am surprised that they would make 1 weapon path so much better than all the other paths in every way. I would think they would make 1 path be excel at pve and another at pvp and maybe another 1 have great party abilities or something like that. It just seems kind of unbalanced to me.

When I started I went for swords because Blademaster just sounds like a sword user. Call me crazy but if somebody said draw your blade wouldn't you expect them to draw a sword? Well I was running around using a sword when I started running into people who were calling me stupid for using a sword and saying axes were better. By the time I was lvl 15 more than a dozen people told me swords suck and to go axe/hammer or polearm. I had a discussion with a guy about parties and he said axe/hammers are the way to go and that sword users have a hard time finding parties. I prefer being in parties because they are just so much more fun.

So in the end I am wondering do I need to restart and make an axe using Blademaster? The only problem I have with that is that I really,really, love swords. It goes against my heart not using a sword but if they really are that crappy I don't see any other choice unless I just wanna suck. I there actually a way to be descent with a sword or do I need to be an axe/hammer user to compete in this game?

We basically use this old thread as a way to get a laugh due to Lyndura's first guide here, which was completely and utterly wrong about fists/claws. You can even see in their non-edited posts their huge bias against it, and compare it to the edited guide they made later on. Axes are good for PvP and AoE in PvE. Fists/claws are good for DPS in PvP, and for single target killing in PvE. Those are the two ends of the spectrum, with pole and sword falling in between.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aparently you have on Mag=41+5+3+1=50

This might sound like a silly question but have you tried to use a complementary magic weapon? You can buy it from blacksmith.

I'm bm and since I have high dex. I've been using bow and arrows as a complementary weapon for my dual swords with good resutls (most for pulling mobs out of the pack and doing some damage prior facing the mob with my my swords).

I'll suggest to buy magic weapon and tell me what can you do with it?

wow, I was such a noob LOLb:laugh
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I stopped reading your guide after the Fist explaination. This is an incredibly biased and misinformative BM guide.

I'm not even a fist BM, I'm sword, but this guide really made me puke...You are terrible at this and I'm assuming you are axes because you seem so biased towards them....

You are in your mid 70s you cant possibly know enough to make a good BM guide, and I know a level 80 fist BM who could easily put you on your **** in PK or duel......good luck in game.

first complaint ever about lyndura's fists ideas b:laugh
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is how the fists rumours started in PWI

this is a good readb:laugh

Hey Lyndura,

I was in etherblade just now grinding foxwings. Then i noticed this guy duelling people near the Banker, and he was winning every duel (he duelled like 3 bms: 1 sword, the other 2 i forgot b:bye)

Then i came up to him and checked out his gear. The armor was similar to mine but he was using fists. So i thought since we were about the same level, why not duel him?

I asked his level right after his current duel and he said he was 68. So i duelled him.

As usual, i started off with drake's bash. It missed, so i tried roar of the pride. It missed too, so i used aeolian blade. Guess what? It missed as well. So i used normal attacks while alternating between the stun skills. And in the end, i was owned. But that wasn't the worst part.

Only one of my normal attacks hit him.

So i asked his stats. He said he had... erm... 173 dex (I can't remember clearly but it was somewhere around there...) and only 17 vit.

I have 50 dex, 70 vit and 17 mag (messed up there) and the rest into str (about 200).

Do you know what my problem is? Is it normal to be defeated so badly by someone 6 levels higher? Is there something wrong with my build? Or are fist BMs better than axe BMs by nature? b:chuckle

Thanks

Check linduras asnwerb:chuckle
    1.- You don't have a PvP build.
    2.- He is 6 levels higher than you.
    3.- At those levels PvP the one who has more DEX is usually the one who wins.
    4.- Wait for 7x and you will be able to kill that BM with 3-4 attacks.

Check the first post.

ha ha h a
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is how the fists rumours started in PWI

this is a good readb:laugh

Check linduras asnwerb:chuckle

ha ha h a

People knew fists were good before pwi and before more than 2.5 attack speed was possible unsparked. b:chuckle