Should I charge to go and Res people?

Comments

• Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just charge for the teleporting fee to get to the dead person. That is fair.

If you fly the whole way, then don't charge anything because you waste their time too by making them wait

*splutter*

Wow, how dare they make you wait for your rez, the b*****s!
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and when i world chat for a res, some people try to charge me 200k, but there always is one nice cleric in the area who does it for free :)
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you fly the whole way, then don't charge anything because you waste their time too by making them wait

lmao srsly? How dare I make someone wait for my res, wait for the save in exp, probably a heal and buff if needed. How so very rude of me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Whats wrong with paying for a speedy revive? I dont mind paying what it takes for them to get to me fast. I do it this way and never had complains
    omg im posting stuff.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's nothing wrong with asking them to tele once they agree to come, so long as you make it clear before asking/while asking that you are paying them back for tele fees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Manray.... just shutup dude, you have nowhere near the knowledge of Clerics that myself, Ted, and Hunter have. You're just some low level prick that thinks you know everything and that us Clerics should bow down and follow your every command.

Please, just stop posting on this thread. Everything you say either has no proof behind it or is just idiotic. I don't like it when people make fools of themselves, please Man... stop making me sadb:sad

B-E-A-UTIFUL b:sadb:chuckle.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Absolutly, paying someone expenses for their teleports to get to you is probaly the best way to approach it. They save their time and you get your rez quick. Best of both worlds.

But your original post read pretty funny imho. It sounded like - "**** you coming all this way to rez my **** and taking so long" lol.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Absolutly, paying someone expenses for their teleports to get to you is probaly the best way to approach it. They save their time and you get your rez quick. Best of both worlds.

But your original post read pretty funny imho. It sounded like - "**** you coming all this way to rez my **** and taking so long" lol.

Yea, I would hate to wait, so i tell them to teleport and i pay. if they teleport without my asking i would even tip because that is just so pro of them. :)

but thats just me
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yea, I would hate to wait, so i tell them to teleport and i pay. if they teleport without my asking i would even tip because that is just so pro of them. :)

but thats just me

I should move to Heaven's Tear because you're one of the few people I'd actually revive lol xD
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Manray.... just shutup dude, you have nowhere near the knowledge of Clerics that myself, Ted, and Hunter have. You're just some low level prick that thinks you know everything and that us Clerics should bow down and follow your every command.

Please, just stop posting on this thread. Everything you say either has no proof behind it or is just idiotic. I don't like it when people make fools of themselves, please Man... stop making me sadb:sad

I never claimed to be an expert on clerics, what i'm discussin involves squad work. And really if this going to be me taking on any high level jerk who feels entitled to have their opinions heard regardless of reason then so be it.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    B-E-A-UTIFUL b:sadb:chuckle.

b:kiss Oh, how cute. You love each other.
    edited February 2010
    I never claimed to be an expert on clerics, what i'm discussin involves squad work. And really if this going to be me taking on any high level jerk who feels entitled to have their opinions heard regardless of reason then so be it.

Wrong, this discussion isn't just about high level jerks its mainly about clerics. It's also a discussion between people with an IQ higher than their shoe size. You, sadly are/have niether.
    b:kiss Oh, how cute. You love each other.

Love? You sad sad little boy. I merely agreed with what he said and that i thought it was beautifully put.

Once again double posting is frowned on, so try not to do it.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *sniff sniff*
    Hmm... what's that smell? OH! It's the smell of MANray getting burnedb:laugh

Go troll somewhere else dude, seriously.
  • VenosRop - Lost City
    VenosRop - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Now I have to apologize to mysti, he's a genius next to MANray_
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    You have both proven yourselves unable to dialogue or be reasoned with. Also uncapable of making a point without resorting to insult or disqualification.
    Yea, we are all going down on the same burning ship but at least i've proven myself capable of giving you guys a chance to try and make your point. Scared little dogs that can't stand on their own even on a forum.

What's the matter? Bullies getting you irl? You're cowards. Fact.
    Hunterina also proved himself a liar. Fact.
    Have you made any argument while addressing me in the last pages? No. fact.
    Would sensible persons have continued addressing someone they acused of not contributing to the discussion? No. Fact.

See, when i call you something is not unfounded.

qq you little cowards. qq you little liars. qq you little fools.

keep qqing about not getting respect ingame cuz you obviously got none in forums either. Dance little monkeys, dance.
    edited February 2010

When i saw mysti's posts after i searched for her/him i didn't think she was that bad compared to the mentioned idiot.
    Hi, my name is MANray_, im a complete idiot i have no knowledge of clerics at higher level instances but i am as good as a super hero when it comes to defending clerics as i can throw myself infront of the danger to protect their lives.

Touching, this is the first time i've ever agreed with you though.
    Throw yourself off a bridge troll.

Why can't you do that? I mean c'mom what hope have you of making anything remotely positive out of your life with that attitude you have.

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

Throw yourself off a bridge troll.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    When i saw mysti's posts after i searched for her/him i didn't think she was that bad compared to the mentioned idiot.

And yet you continue. Someone missed a lot of hugs growing up.

Edit; Oh, and you added some ninja editing. Good, more proof of you being a coward... as if that was needed. You lying scum.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You can charge, just don't expect alot of money going in the buisness. There's alot of free rezzers going around. If it's out your way and you don't feel like it, don't do it. There is also the fact of them not giving you the money anyways after they have gotten the rez from you. And if you keep pestering them about the money, they'll just blacklist you so ya...
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Flame$ - Lost City
    Flame$ - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sometimes i charge for people idk...but whenever im doing fbs or bhs or hhs the leader of the squad gives me half of the stuff and half the profit...So dont fell bad we clerics deserve itb:victory
    [SIGPIC]~Flame$[/SIGPIC]
  • TheWarTiger - Heavens Tear
    TheWarTiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Basically this.

I have worked for every penny I have. I busted my backside building a company from literally the ground, up. I laid my sweat down right next to the guys I hired to work for me, doing the same amount of work on the job that I expected of them, on top of the added work of keeping all the books, paying the wages, workman's comp, Insurance, designing and doing the advertising, etc etc etc.

I look back at what I accomplished, and what I sacrificed doing it, and I am proud of what I built. I EARNED what I have today. It wasn't given to me. I don't expect that in life, but it seems many do.

~S

Perhaps you want a cookie?!

That is what you suppose to do! Just a NORMAL life, yo suppose to work hard, if you want to lead your own company you SUPPOSE to work harder than any of your employees.

This is only 2nd topic I'm reading with you in it, first you brag about stacks , now this. Hey we care not about your financial status. Now STFU and GTFO!
  • Sylvani - Raging Tide
    Sylvani - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What was this thread about?
    "I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz/ or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:/ I love you as one loves certain dark things/ secretly, between the shadow and the soul."
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Perhaps you want a cookie?!

That is what you suppose to do! Just a NORMAL life, yo suppose to work hard, if you want to lead your own company you SUPPOSE to work harder than any of your employees.

This is only 2nd topic I'm reading with you in it, first you brag about stacks , now this. Hey we care not about your financial status. Now STFU and GTFO!

Aww whats the matter, your mommy take away your allowance?

Maybe you would do better to understand that I make statements like that to show an example of why I am saying what I am saying, and think the way I do, or maybe that was to hard for you to figure that out? Never used an example to make a point? Really? wow guess you are something special.. hey look, the short yellow bus is waiting for you.. better waddle over there and get on it before they leave you behind.

~S
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What was this thread about?

It was a debate on whether clerics should charge for ressing other people or not. Should their time be compensated for a skill that only they have? Or should they just be grateful for the thanks they get? Should they leave the ress at lvl 1 in order to punish people for death, or should they keep it maxed in order to get more squads? Should they suck it up and accept it as part of their skills and use it, or should others not feel so entitled to it?

What do you choose, PWI?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It was a debate on whether clerics should charge for ressing other people or not. Should their time be compensated for a skill that only they have? Or should they just be grateful for the thanks they get? Should they leave the ress at lvl 1 in order to punish people for death, or should they keep it maxed in order to get more squads? Should they suck it up and accept it as part of their skills and use it, or should others not feel so entitled to it?

What do you choose, PWI?
    Everytime a cleric rezzes someone, that person has to buy an anni pack from botique (Which is going to be back by popular demand).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    "Hey, can you help me with my FB, Mr. High Level?"
    "Sure, but only if you pay me."
    "But you get exp. and rep out of this."
    "Yeah, but exp and rep don't pay for my repair bills or my pots, or my charms."

I can see where this goes.

Everyone would eventually start charging for the specific service they can apply. Barbs start charging to tank, clerics charge to res/heal, DD's charge to kill boss quicker and save tanks/clerics some pot/charm costs. Where does it end?

Do it either to be nice, or don't do it. It is your choice. Honestly though, even if you start charging, I'd only take volunteered res's because I don't feel giving gold for a res is worth not losing a little exp, of which I can gain back at a low cost, while also making a lot of money just on grinding.
  • Asterodea - Heavens Tear
    Asterodea - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This particular topic seems very familier.................
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This topic is stupid now.
    The people who are saying clerics SHOULD get money are arguing that they fly across the map for 30mins etc.

The people who are saying that charging is selfish/greedy/big ego, are saying that you shouldnt charge because well ,its a 5 second channel and they are right there.

Basically.

Charge if youre gonna teleport to get to them and your not feeling too nice.(charge for the teleport prices, a total *** would teleport from dreaming cloud to whetstone 5 times).

Dont charge if they are right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm a cleric. And and as we all know, no matter what race u are, we all need a cleric! I am constantly being asked to go here and there res'ing people!b:victory Which.. please note.... I am happy to do!b:pleased

However!b:sad I do find it hard to maintain my mp pots/charms etc, and end up spending a fortune on doing so.

The other day i was asked to go into a fb and res someone. Not a problem! I went, gladly! And as i was about to leave after the sucessful res, one of the squad members traded me some money! I was surprised and a tad embarassed! BUT, it allowed me to buy my replacement pots.

So I got to thinking. Does that happen alot? Should I ask for payment?

I honestly dont know what the correct/poliet/accepted methods are in this situation.

So please, let me know your opinions... and if u want to donate to HELP SAVE YOUR CLERIC FUND... let me knowb:laugh

If someone asks for a ress at a rather inconvenient location you should at least get money for the teleport fees + some extra if you end up wasting pots on buffs and heals after.

Its rather rude assuming you should use your own money like 10-20k going back and forth ressing when you're doing them a favor.
  • Gilbarath - Heavens Tear
    Gilbarath - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How about you just shut up and do your job? Just a suggestionb:victory