Are Bms underappreciated?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If the BMs have 1 or 2 with demon roar, shouldn't be too much an issue I'd think. The goal is to kill them very quickly, so Heaven's stacked with Glacial Spike, stacked with 50% Tangling Mire Debuff = X2 damage against 0 Phys Def critters. Go down quickly, especially with an Arma.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've said this in other "Underappreciated BM posts"

I am a Blademaster
    I fight For the squad, though I am not needed in the squad
    I die for the squad, so no one else does
    I defend myself, while others are occupied
    I am the heart of combat
    I live to die so you dont have to

Please Dont thank me, I do not need it

Feeling underappreciated? Just remember when people shout out "Oh em Gee! I just crit for 230k!!" That's when you say "Its all me baby" b:pleased

Understand your roll, if you want to be coddled, play something else. In the end only really other Melees will appreciate your skills and tactics, because in the end, they're the ones who benefit most from it. Remeber you can reduce attack damage from enemies, something rare to see, even rarer to be used by other bm's. Understand your roll as a policing class, you're not needed, but your skills are.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I suppose Wizzy heal would be enough for the Barb to hold against bosses then? b:faint
  • LuneLain - Lost City
    LuneLain - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Okey, after reading most of the posts there are a few things that i would like to add.

First of all i want to say that people confuse two things with eachother.
    1 the classes and 2 the player skills.
    The classes ARE balanced. It's the demand of the player that unbalances it. And that's an important point where a player can distinguish itself from his other class players. Why? 'Cause you'll be a damn good player if you can DO everything that IS possible with your class.

Now i'll move to the BM class. First you need to know what you are. Well you are a melee class. A melee class with the most variety of skills due to multiple
    weapon use. All of the BMs skills offer the MOST survivability in ANY situation
    compared with other classes. You can tank and DD phys mobs, also magic mobs,
    you can tank and DD bosses and you are a serious treat to other classes in pvp.

Now to make it really clear, what i described above is what a BM class can do. It certainly doesn't mean that you will get that kind of gameplay from
    most BMs. Hence the "underappreciation" mentioned in this thread.

Obviously it sounds attracting when describing BM classes' skills. Now to
    further complete your understanding a melee class you need to know that
    melee classes are heavily gear dependant. That means to actually survive
    long enough to make use of your very nice skills you need to get the gear for
    it. You can conclude from that, that the better/best gear for melee classes
    are available at higher levels. In PWI it's worth investing in your gear at lvl90,
    obviously if you can afford also at lvl 80.

Okey I'm going to try to make another thing clear. This is meant for the below
    level 90 BMs. Ranged classes have better skills at much lower levels than BMs. This is due to the fact that they NEED it. Because their skills are a
    compensation for the lack of survivability. So don't get annoyed/frustrated
    when classes out DD you at lower levels.

Before I end my post i want to say that if you want appreciation, learn your
    class like no one else and make some good friends. You dont need many, just
    a few and it will go a long way ^_^
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BM for life b:victory. (fine maybe Sin too b:avoid)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I suppose Wizzy heal would be enough for the Barb to hold against bosses then? b:faint

i seen a lvl 90 barb tank fc bosses without charmb:shocked
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I am a Blademaster
    I am the heart of combat

Feeling underappreciated? Just remember when people shout out "Oh em Gee! I just crit for 230k!!" That's when you say "Its all me baby" b:pleased

Understand your roll[sic], if you want to be coddled, play something else. In the end only really other Melees will appreciate your skills and tactics, because in the end, they're the ones who benefit most from it. Remeber[sic] you can reduce attack damage from enemies, something rare to see, even rarer to be used by other bm's. Understand your roll[sic] as a policing class, you're not needed, but your skills are.

That was beautiful. b:sad
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I am a Blademaster
    I am the heart of combat

ima have to nick this and put it in my sig >.>
    if you want me to take it out just say and i will b:sad
  • CJseven - Raging Tide
    CJseven - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's quite simple, really. If a cleric dies because a BM/Barb didn't catch aggro before the mob/boss/whatever reaches the squad, the whole team will get wiped unless they run. Far. In BHs/FBs/FCs, if your cleric dies in the middle of a fight, can a BM pull healing spells out of their ****? No. I'm not saying clerics can tank or something - but still, DDers vary from all classes and a BM isn't necessarily of dire importance. However, there's no replacement for the cleric class.

So treat us nicely. ): We heal you, cure you of status ailments and keep you alive. You can return the last favor.

not trying to single you out, but this was like the third post saying clerics can't be replaced. to the bm's, pop some jiaozi's use your sutra and save your own butt, no one who isn't a bm understands what a pain it is to try to save a party when its their own fault they need saving. clerics that heal before tank gets agro, dd that atk before barb or bm has agro, veno that fails pulling and gets 15 mobs instead of one, the list is long but it is usually "your" fault if "you" need saving.
  • EvylBlood - Heavens Tear
    EvylBlood - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok well...if people blame u they r just being stupid....and all classes are considered under appreciated at some point, even clerics( dun need em with venos) so end this thread, there's gana b more of em in the future
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I am a Blademaster
    I am the heart of combat

Understand your roll, if you want to be coddled, play something else. In the end only really other Melees will appreciate your skills and tactics, because in the end, they're the ones who benefit most from it. Remeber you can reduce attack damage from enemies, something rare to see, even rarer to be used by other bm's. Understand your roll as a policing class, you're not needed, but your skills are.

b:cryb:cryb:cry

It's logic like this that makes me love this class, despite only scratching the surface... T^T
  • Hidden_Wolf - Harshlands
    Hidden_Wolf - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BMs are a jack of all trades (except healing) master of none
    They can do some DD, they can tank almost any bosses a barb can
    Marrowing can allow you to tanks magic bosses way better then a barb
  • Jannove - Harshlands
    Jannove - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's quite simple, really. If a cleric dies because a BM/Barb didn't catch aggro before the mob/boss/whatever reaches the squad, the whole team will get wiped unless they run. Far. In BHs/FBs/FCs, if your cleric dies in the middle of a fight, can a BM pull healing spells out of their ****? No. I'm not saying clerics can tank or something - but still, DDers vary from all classes and a BM isn't necessarily of dire importance. However, there's no replacement for the cleric class.

So treat us nicely. ): We heal you, cure you of status ailments and keep you alive. You can return the last favor.

i lol'd about the pulling a healing spell out of their **** part. but i do love the cleris and thank them loads and give them lots of loves for being so nice and awesome