4Path BM Guide, detailed

Comments

• fareesha
    fareesha Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yes it's it's HH99 spear and concerning the percentage of activation here is what Hippie said :

So what would be a good refining for it to activate often....
    Something around +4 ~ +6 ?
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fareesha wrote: »
    So what would be a good refining for it to activate often....
    Something around +4 ~ +6 ?

i wouldnt go past +7. i have +5 right now, and even if its not reliable, its very nice in both pvp and tw.
    Fixed it for you.....b:chuckle

:thumbsup:
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Honestly I couldn't resist.....b:chuckle
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    What to add next? o.O
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Perhaps some tactics and tips against specific classes in PVP?
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    Susanno - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Perhaps some tactics and tips against specific classes in PVP?

yeah that would be really helpful, concerning me i have some problems against venoes :( they have some deadly skills, in addition to their magic hits, add to that the nix and boom :( HA venoes are even more scary lol almost impossible to kill, well for me, especially if they have the jump on you from nowhere lol (which is what they always do) by the time you get out of nix stun you're half dead :( and yes i know will of bodhivista prevent stun but as i said they jump on you, sometimes you dont even know they are there, i'm still inexperienced againt them :(
  • Mathemathics - Raging Tide
    Mathemathics - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This should be stickied as there isnt any kind of 4 path guide like this one.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This section should be refined

"Against anything else in air:

aoe stun, dragon, highland, true emptiness, aelian blade"

Only Highland cleave on people who took less than 25% damage from Dragon (otherwise they will tick on the cleave and TE might not kill them as they will be back at full hp defeating the purpose of the combo) Aeolian blade shouldnt ever need to be used TE is designed to bypass the charm not leave them alive afterwards. Also depending on the ST on your genie tangling mire should be used while you are channeling Dragon so your TE does more damage (also improves dragons damage) with this combo you can hit 10k+ crits on LA and AA users with TE.

I disagree with using a purge spear in pvp 90-95% of opponents are dead before the effect would proc (either fist them to death in 5-8 sec or 3 shot them with the dragon combo) for those tougher opponents where you would want the purge just have a veno friend who is willing to help pvp against large groups.

BM pvp comes in 2 types, Spike and DPS, Spike is when we use our axes and kill the opponents in 3-5 attacks (any more attacks and you need to change weapon your obviously timing your skills wrong so they tick or you arent stunning them before your dragon combos and they are dropping or they simply have too much HP and defence to overcome with spike attacks like 95+ BM's and Barbs) DPS is when you use your fist and kill the opponent over time by just overloading his charm with shear number and power of attacks.

If you are doing Spike attacks your aim is to bypass the charm by doing > 50% of the opponents hp in a single attack usually this is a crit on TE or a zerk crit on an Axe skill, Because we have dragons and/or really insane attack rates unlike other DD classes we can have very low weapon refines (+5) and still be extremely successful in pvp, higher refines can still be effective however you need to know your opponents and yourself to pull off your attacks correctly.

EDIT: for Susanno in pvp with venos use axes in the majority of cases (other weapons are far less useful against venos) Stun>mire>dragon>AoE is the main combo for venos, kills the pet and on a crit will kill the veno. The aim will be to aoe both the veno and the pet at the same time. Situational awareness is the key for any pvp if people get the drop on you, your going to have issues, you need to be constantly watching the T screen for players who could be a threat to you and then when you see one move quickly and take the intiative in the battle control the terms of the engagement and you guarantee victory vs any opponent. Get Dew of Star protection, spark pots, immunity pots (if you can) all of these pots are useful in pvp vs any type of opponent
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, against a target where ur TE can do more than ur targets half hp, that can be true(but than with fists u can probably kill him under 12 sec). But against lvl100 fully geared people with high refines, u have to rely on zerk or crit with ur genie for that. I personally used TE to do damage after their charm ticks. Now both sage aelian and TE has the chance to zerk/crit, which means that they will really hurt, so together they can break a charm. (When nurfed had +7 shooter only, i 1v1d him a lot. This combo was killing him, while ur version would need to be really lucky)

I use it like that mostly becouse i am using other genie skills, so my genie is rarely on full energy. And i assume other BMs to use occult ice too.

I found purge spear useful in killing BMs and WBs mostly. Also if i meet a lvl100 fully geared, fully buffed person, i rather try to purge, than to just tick his charm hoping for two zerkcrit in a row. Othr version would be three sparking with fists, but thats rather an all-in move against DD classes. - Also i am pretty sure purge spear procs more than purge bow.

U can ask ur defense mages(used that only on bloop and hellz), maybe they noticed that it wasnt always a veno purging them. Also in TW u can use aoe skills with the spear, which means u have the chance to purge more people. Useful inbetween stuns.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I havent found many LA/AA targets that can stand up to my Genies TE, note I dont have a zerk weapon so only crits are possible for me with TE 90%+ of LA/AA targets even level 100 take more than 50% of their HP from TE, thier are a couple of types who dont, strong high pdef mages with full buffs (not just self buffs), clerics with plumeshell who I simply dps till the shell goes down and then use the combo. Also when against those classes im normally in group pvp rather than solo so I have a veno assisting me on attacks or im assisting them by stunning and dragoning targets. Equally I can hope for a crit on the TE and then even full buffs doesnt really matter unless its a heavy.

For Heavies I just stick with dpsing with fists even if I dont kill them fast ticking their charm on cooldown annoys people and forces them to make mistakes to try and kill you.

If people try and engage you on the ground to avoid TE keep hitting them with slowdown skills (fissure mainly) eventually they will take flight as you can dps quite easily on slowed targets and then you can hit them with TE.
  • Susanno - Harshlands
    Susanno - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    that's really interesting :)

but still against HA venoes this won't work i faced a lvl 80 veno lately with lvl 70 ha and i managed to kill her but it was really difficult especially after she purged me i almost died( she ddidn't hit hard before purging me), the fight was on ground, i killed her cuz i used this combo :

dragons (maxed) + tangling mire(used when dragons on channeling) + Myriad (sword ulti and maxed too, used hh80 blade) dunno if it was the right choice but since the fight was on ground i thought that was the only way to take her down ;)

i don't think this is gonna work against lvl 90+ HA nix venoes :( but i haven't tried that combo with hh90 zerk blade yet!
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I havent found many LA/AA targets that can stand up to my Genies TE, note I dont have a zerk weapon so only crits are possible for me with TE 90%+ of LA/AA targets even level 100 take more than 50% of their HP from TE, thier are a couple of types who dont, strong high pdef mages with full buffs (not just self buffs), clerics with plumeshell who I simply dps till the shell goes down and then use the combo. Also when against those classes im normally in group pvp rather than solo so I have a veno assisting me on attacks or im assisting them by stunning and dragoning targets. Equally I can hope for a crit on the TE and then even full buffs doesnt really matter unless its a heavy.

For Heavies I just stick with dpsing with fists even if I dont kill them fast ticking their charm on cooldown annoys people and forces them to make mistakes to try and kill you.

If people try and engage you on the ground to avoid TE keep hitting them with slowdown skills (fissure mainly) eventually they will take flight as you can dps quite easily on slowed targets and then you can hit them with TE.

Well idk about ur genie, mine has 92 str and 42 vit. I know, it isnt the ebst suited for TE, but since i have fists i very rarely use it to kill people. For the ones whose charm i could pass with TE, i can just kill them within ~16 sec of stunlock maximum, and this three stun has very low chance to miss. (even +10 armor archer dies)

In the guide i am talking about lvl100 fully geared people, and for most of those my TE cant really pass their charm, mainly if they are buffed.

However, that last thing isnt clear, so yea i will refine that part, and write that strategies thing when i am in the mood for that.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Celulas - Lost City
    Celulas - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like your guide, sticky plox!!
  • Celulas - Lost City
    Celulas - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think you need to pm a gm or a forum mod for a sticky o,0
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i can get hh99 dual swords cheap ;o is the zerk blade still better?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i can get hh99 dual swords cheap ;o is the zerk blade still better?

zerk blade is higher DPS and higher possibal spike

tt99 duals are a more consistant spike but far lower total damage
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    ok thx :O for how much could i sell the hh99 dual swords?
  • MrBladey - Lost City
    MrBladey - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Bump its deserves it b:laugh
    For honor...
    For glory...
    FOR E-PEEN!
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cyclone Heel- is it true that it only work on normal attk?
    or it does increase attk rate w/ skill?
    i like this guide btw, genie guide is clearly n usefull
    i knew wat genie skill to get but this show when to use it w/ skills, awsome
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cyclone Heel- is it true that it only work on normal attk?
    Yes
    or it does increase attk rate w/ skill?
    i like this guide btw, genie guide is clearly n usefull
    i knew wat genie skill to get but this show when to use it w/ skills, awsome

No
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2010

DONT, i mean DONT put mdef shards into ur armor. The difference will be significant even with sage marrow, u r better with defense levels and hp.

Disagreed.

A EP mdef buffed warrior using marrow with regular perfect mdef shards averaging 3 socket per piece gets 1.5-1.6k mdef bonus That will help you a ton more than 1k hp. Just saying. If you can + your armor enough to get a decent amount of hp fully buffed, mdef shards are a pretty strong choice.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you had to put an order of importance on your end game gear what would it be? What I mean is, if I manage to get together say, 100m coins, what should I go for first? Lunar claw, -interval gear, GX, etc? and what is easiest to farm, and what should just probably be bought?

I tend to switch between axe and fists all the time, atleast 200x an hour >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you had to put an order of importance on your end game gear what would it be? What I mean is, if I manage to get together say, 100m coins, what should I go for first? Lunar claw, -interval gear, GX, etc? and what is easiest to farm, and what should just probably be bought?

I tend to switch between axe and fists all the time, atleast 200x an hour >.<

GX first, then claw and interval gear.
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    i got lunar zerk pole now ;o what will do more dmg

zerk pole with much refine + glacial spike
    or zerk sword with lower refine + myriad

both lvl 11 sage mastery
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Glacial Spike is NOT worthless. The defense break is better than other classes can offer, and in some instances like Palace of Nirvana some of the bosses can't be dragoned or City of Abominations where none of them can be.... It does come in handy in some situations especially stacked with other amps and debuffs. ijs
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    i got lunar zerk pole now ;o what will do more dmg

zerk pole with much refine + glacial spike
    or zerk sword with lower refine + myriad

both lvl 11 sage mastery

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • shootingstarvn
    edited January 2010
    so again what would do more dmg +10 zerk lunar pole with Glacial Spike
    or +5 zerk hh 90 blade with Myriad ?

both lvl 11 sage mastery

and myriad reduces only weapon attack to 50% not whole attack or? so its not that much dmg reduction?
  • Flexfit - Dreamweaver
    Flexfit - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bump
    10car
  • IncubuS - Harshlands
    IncubuS - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Awesome guide especially the genie and sage / demon parts. You rock.b:victory
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    FC axes arent useless for bm's if you get the correct one. Gatherstorm poleaxe does a healing Zerker effect that lasts longer than one strike. Sacrificial strike skills are fun, but I've crit higher without them b:surrender
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.