PWI Dying

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...I am going to wait until tideborn actually start showing in pvp. I have yet to fight any of those. I guess none have reached level 100 yet and don't have the gear either. When that happens, and I see that those tideborn can kill anyone 1vs1 with same refinament then I will qq. Actually, not qq, I would quit.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First. Yes, UO was the first of it's type, except most games in the genre actually follow the model of EQ. Now, i don't want to get into the whole nostalgia trip of sandbox fanboys (the SWG fiasco) nor go into detail about how WOW ruined the genre (which it did). Suffice to say that; a) Branson's ideas are proven fail when it comes to contemporary MMOs (Tabula Rassa) and b) the genre has evolved to the point where certain elements (keybindings, UI setup, the holy trinity, questing, etc.) are considered necessary, and by no means can be used to measure a game's true degree of originality or innovation. I like PW's take on things, and given it's age and degree of success i think it's safe to say has carved out a following for itself. Most MMOs on the market today will not be around for as long nor be continuosly developed/supported in the same degree. This is fact. Just look at A OC and WAR if you want examples of today's MMO landscape.

Second. Yes, TB are overpowered although we shouldn't get carried away to the degree of making ridiculous alegations to support it. I myself do believe they make four of the traditional classes in the game obsolete, this hardly means no one will play them however.

Third. I don't believe the game is dying in spite of PWI's policy. I'm against the current leveling pace however and do believe is one of the factors that endangers the game's stability in the long run. By alienating small spenders, people playing for free and casuals that aren't heavy CS users PWI has esentially chosen a model that relies on high turnover over a stable base. Just look at regular forum posters. Those that aren't big spenders are succesfull at merchanting or acquired an herc before hyperinflation became the norm in the ingame economy. Yes, there are exceptions, but most other players will very likely quit in what have now become cyclic and predictable crisis (hammers, ani packs, etc.). Eventually the well is likely to dry as the game continues to develop a bad reputation amongst the gaming comunity and improvements in other games continue to make it look dated. A year ago PW had the best character customizing on the market, now it's not even ranking on the top 5 and it's even begun charging for access to some features. The game is set for the short to mid term but the horizon on the long run looks bleak. Unfortunately for some of us, our in game goals can only be achieved on a long term horizon (given moderate spending at below p2p standards) which does give us legitimate reason to complaint about MANY of the game's recent developments.

Fourth, i well realize this thread will soon be locked, just giving my opinion on subjects addressed by the OP.

Edit; Doomsayers will one day be proven right. How and when is the legitimate issue.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this game is dying

following the pw-my trend

there is no long term business plan

pwe is going to milk the playerbase hard of all their money

then shut down servers once they are not earning profit because everyone has left the game

players will quit (mass quitting is already happening)

servers will merge

more players will quit

servers will be shutdown
  • Arghal - Heavens Tear
    Arghal - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How has Moronikarp not been banned already?
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    fun fact time! mentioned by more then 1 Psys in the faction im in, Psys attacks are not effected by "Increased Magic Resist" monsters.

Kk this cracked me up. Complete and total nonsense.

Also makes me wonder how many of the rest of these 'facts' the OP has heard from said guildies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • vlsi
    vlsi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    why oh why do players that are not even level 80 talk about class power in end-game situations.... WHY????

NEWS FLASH: YOU DO NOT EXIST BELOW LVL 90
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    vlsi wrote: »
    why oh why do players that are not even level 80 talk about class power in end-game situations.... WHY????

NEWS FLASH: YOU DO NOT EXIST BELOW LVL 90

Some ones really looking for attention but you seem to be failing at doing sob:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    timkalex wrote: »
    for those noobs whom are gunna say "i been mmorpg for 15-17 year!" umm...sorry check back when you're not a liar, the very first MMORPG! was Ultima Online, AND YES! it is a freaking fact you ********* rejects! Ultima Online was launched for selective alpha testers, 250 people, in the year of 1996, and released EARLY, 1997.

hahaah..lmao really..cause last time I check mmo mean massive multi online..or somthing to that affect..and ya their were others before Ultima..you need to wake up on the other side of the bed or get a brand cup of jo

Guess maybe you should read this then, seems to put an arrow through your claim that Ultima was the first MMO... A BIG hole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_massively_multiplayer_online_games

~Saitada
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *blinks* more of the same? Why more of the same? Why does everyone and their brother think they know something they don't? Ick this is wrong lemme put you back on the path you seem to have strayed off the path and run into the road (god forbid you get run over like everyone else).

b:cute This is easily remedied try not to underestimate the other classes if you can not everyone knows how to play even at high levels even if you grinded up that way and played for a year. b:bye As some people continue to prove speed of leveling does not indicate skill. Skill indicates skill. A veno can do whatever is needed its the ultimate server ideal that one without a herc cannot possibly be useful. And many people are afraid to try. Lets put it this way I have seen level 70 clerics heal in 3-3 level 50s heal with success in 3-1. I have seen wizards heal in place of clerics I have seen BMs tank what only barbs were suppose to be able to tank. I have seen archers.............well archers are pwn anyway doesn't matter. I have seen wizards tank Forsura with one BB.

This is the difference between testing, trying, being open and listening. And being stubborn, unyielding, and a noob. Thats the skill you are looking for your poisonous mind op is what causes such things to happen its what creates noobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Guess maybe you should read this then, seems to put an arrow through your claim that Ultima was the first MMO... A BIG hole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_massively_multiplayer_online_games

~Saitada

Nice link, good article.

This was a subject we would often debate at the MMORPG.COM forums (trust me, this guys make this forums look like a school for well behaved kittens). The problem lies in terminology. We would sometimes get stray MUD players that would try to argue about their games being a part of the genre. Technically they're right but it would be unpractical to include them. For the overwhelming majority of gamers the difference in between a MUD and an MMO requires no explanation, and people advocating strict deffinitions always seem to run against a brickwall when it comes to being practical. Try this one for size; MMOFPSRTSRPRG
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    MNAray_- thanks for the lecture. b:laugh
    I hope we won't reach new page soon, since these thread got so many reply in no time.
    Even faster than argue between new and old class, fb drops, anni qq, overpowered, nerf, oracle noob, and many other. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender I like MMOs...
    edited February 2010
    b:surrender I like MMOs...

Me too . . . b:surrender and i like it more if people can simply enjoy the game . . .
    without have to participate on a unlimited argue . . b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Firstly, i'd like to state that i am not some **** private server kid, who thinks he knows how things work, i have worked with other games as a gm, dev, and freelance script editor, the advise i'm giving is professional knowledge based.

As professional as you intend to sound, you do not come up with very good arguments.

the game currently is going downhill both pvp and pve wise, the release of two new classes and the release of an entirely new race after over year of open beta/release, is never good for this sort of mmorpg platform.

i will try to keep this as short as possible, but be blunt and direct about some important points.

first off, many a players have openly admited they are far from happy with what has been happening with the recent new patches, and others have stated that it isn't what they wanted/expected.

"Many players," a good choice of words, but you forget that most of the complaints you will hear on forums will not represent the entire community. I'm sure most people don't even bother posting on the forums. No one likes this game 100%, we all have things we dislike. However, that does not mean it is a horribly bad game or that it is going down.

i personally understand, that gm's and "devs/admins" can't do as they please with the scripts/updates, you can only do so much with editing until getting the go-ahead from the main HQ, however these are some things i've run into issues with on many other games i've played and/or worked on, and i'm not trying to be a jerk about it, or what new-aged gamers call "ZOMG NERDRAGE FTW PWNT OWNT FTW"

Psys have made, and i'm being serious, they have made Veno DD builds, cleric DD builds, and wizards all USELESS, venos are used purely for luring now, and randomly tanks, when barbs complain "me no bill repair cost high" or some other braindead ****, cuz barb players usually have no intel and think they can do whatever the hell they want, clerics are used purely for group heal/res, and wizards are greatly over powered by psys in every aspect.

venos have become very unuseful since gm's allowed the nix/herc to be nerfed, two pets which equal up to 190-350$ each, are hardly worth getting anymore, when you can take a glacier walker, give it the 3 buffs+bash and be just as good as a herc, and as far as nix's go, their attacks were weakened, and they aren't very helpful against the things people want them for, world bosses, jewelscalen, and thousand streams legion spawn, TW.

A squad of six venomancers could easily do better than a diverse squad. All they need to do is all spam heal on one tank pet and have other pets just DD. They are still very useful besides pulling, it is just dependent on what the squad is. A second barbarian isn't much good either, but it is still one more person doing damage.

The only time people want a veno, is if they are very high leveled with awesome items *negative channel items* and a herc that is same level as them, and they are used purely "poor" tanks, which psys/sins complain "they no hold aggro, veno useless get sin tank barb tank"

with that said, i will try to focus on wizards now, as far as wizards, they are underpowered compared to psys, psys cast faster, and do more damage...what the hell is the point of a wizard then? nothing, useless, just delete it from being able to be made if you're going to release a more powerful version of it, like seriously, as soon as sage/demon comes for TB's REAL gamers will quit, and new-aged gamers, will take over and try to talk like they know everything about online games.

Now, I am not familiar with the psychic skills, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't wizards have more AOE skills? Similarly to your argument later on that assassin's are better than blademasters is irrelevant as so far the assassin has two AOE skills, compared to how many an axe blademaster has? Assassins can't spam AOE like a blademaster can.

Clerics.....Psys a have group healing skill that is just as good, if not better then clerics, way to go...make it harder for clerics, their regen buffs are jokes compared to the apoth made regen items, their resist buff is the only good one for warriors, and magic attack for psys....great, not.

Compared to apothecary items, the cleric regen's are useless. However, if I have the chance in a squad to rely on that rather than my own items, I'll take a free buff instead. Plus, the defense buffs alone make clerics my friends. If I take less damage, that is less money I am putting out in the end for repairs/pots.

Clerics have a hard enough time leveling up, unless they are "ORACLE ORACLE ORACLE, TIME FOR 12X EXP GRIND FEST!!!" no one has respect for them clerics, and i'm not bashing oracles, because yes they can be useful, especially with the current factions going on about "REACH 90 FROM 80 IN 2 DAY OR U KICK NUB!" seriously these people need to be slapped.

Clerics need respect, and props, they have LOW defense, and burn mana insanely, only to save the idiots who suck at the game.

moving onto Archers now, so tell me, what the hell is the point of having an archer now? Assassins crit rate is higher, their crits do more damage, they have higher health, they have skills which reduces damage/receives no damage, they have lifeleeching skills, they attack twice as fast, and do more damage in general, thank you...archers = useless as hell now

Assassins get to go up to a mob and get hit several times before killing it. Archers however have the option of stunning, kiting, and pushing their enemies away to take no damage. Plus, notice that archers can DD from a long range distance against AOE bosses, where assassins have to stand back with a regular bow and DD with normal hits and sparks. Assassins are weak classes in HP, and it doesn't take many hits to kill them.

and i'll explain it more too, archers were gimped to begin with, a PROPER archer could steal aggro more then most classes, because they use to be huge DPS due to their crit/range ability, now they've added a class which can tank, and do the same, if not higher dps then archers.

If you think assassin's are good tanks, you obviously haven't tried it too much. I use a hybrid build on mine (1 vit, 2 str, 7 dex every 2 levels) and I still can't tank well unless I have a very good cleric or two healing me. Note, this is also with 3* armor and physical defense stones/buffs

Blademasters, okay, sure high damage, decently high phys defense..sounds good? was for a while, but low and behold, assassins have just as good as defense, if not better! and do alot more DPS then blademasters, i know i said a similar thing earlier, but if you're gunna release a class that over powers one or more other classes, just delete the others.

Assassins have better evasion and magical defense, but not better physical defense. Strength increases physical defense as well as physical attacks, on top of having heavy armor. Better physical defense for assassins? You are not showing a great amount of intelligence with this.

right now, its completely unbalanced, an assassin with same weapon level as an archer, does about 45% more damage per second, then the archer does...and about 15-20% more damage then a pure damage build Blade master, this has been proven by the players of the game.

Again, read my arguments. They may do more damage, but they are also subjected to much more damage and a higher likelihood of death. The only thing that keeps my pot usage down as an assassin is my genie's Second Wind.

everyone was looking forward to the sins and psys being nerfed, instead, GM'S WILLINGLY ACCEPTED AND RELEASED A PATCH TO MAKE THEM BETTER! ontop of that, they release oracles into the cash shop for people to power level their sins/psys, then ontop of that, they release non-stop double exp/spirit events, oh and this just takes the cake, they added EXP stones, which stack with events! so now they can earn 13x exp/spirit. just great, just flipping fantastic.

I can't argue for the psychic, so I won't try to. My only argument for them was itself skeptical based on a guess. However, I do not think the assassin is overpowered as greatly as you seem to. It could use less damage to make it more reasonably equal in PvE, but otherwise I think they are fine. As it is, the only thing keeping me from sustaining a lot of damage, aside from evasion, is using a bow to lure in mobs before using daggers, which is something I did on my spear, sword, and fist blademasters.

i'm far from downing on exp/spirit events, but we don't need them non-stop for weeks at a time, a weekend now and then is fine, and weekend = 2 days, not 5 days, and the exp stones should have level requirements, depending on the bonus stature you're applying, 12x should be for 90+ only! heck even 5x should be!

well anyways, these are all the points of where things have gone down hill, and i'm only hoping the gm's will notice and fix it, before PWI as we know it, is completely dead

and hey, some people will fight the whole noob battle way "well what event can they do if not exp ones! you noob you just trash talk blah blah, i play WoW level 75 in 3 day" seriously, all you new aged gamers that are going to bash comments, go away, unplug your PC, if you can even call what you're using a PC, REAL gamers, who've been playing mmorpg going onto 14 years, will agree

This now is just a matter of debate, but where do you get the right to call yourself a "real gamer" over others? More experience does not equate to a better title. Experience as a MMORPG gamer does not mean you are more of a gamer than others who may play FPS. If you want to get down to it, only people who were playing computer games back on computers back when they first started coming out as PC's can call themselves "real gamers" by your standards.

Here is a simple way of knowing who is a gamer:

Do you like video games?
    Do you play video games?

If the answer to both is yes, you are a gamer.

for those noobs whom are gunna say "i been mmorpg for 15-17 year!" umm...sorry check back when you're not a liar, the very first MMORPG! was Ultima Online, AND YES! it is a freaking fact you Ruin Scape rejects! Ultima Online was launched for selective alpha testers, 250 people, in the year of 1996, and released EARLY, 1997.
    (im aware the games name isnt ruinscape, but they blocked the real name)

mmorpg does not mean "ONLINE GAME" online games were around before that, MMORPG'S WERE NOT!

now as for them noobs who think double events are the only type of events, i've compiled a short list of events, i've seen, and/or helped MAKE with my own ability and know-how of coding/scripting.

Man Hunt

Paintball

King Of The Hill

Monster Bash *A REAL ONE NOT JUST "BOOM HERE A BUNCH OF MOB DURRRRRR...KILL DURRR*

SERVER WIDE BOSS! where every player gets a small reward, and maybe a random amount of players get secret rewards

Capture the Flag

Destory The Castle<--- yes there is a similar event, which is TW, but destory the castle is more fun, its like Red Vs Blue sort of.

these are a few events where players can come together, and enjoy it together, not quests that they can do solo, or kill things that have 100 hp.

I will not argue, there should be a better variety of events. This is probably the one area we both can agree on, and I very much like the list provided.

i<3PWI, and support it greatly, which does mean, yes i cash shop, but it is required for the game to stay active.

b:pleasedb:bye
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I mentioned that... do you read?

I read it and still have to say 2 MIN COOLDOWN!!! its a good heal for a one time kinda thing, far from being better than any cleric heal.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    fun fact time! mentioned by more then 1 Psys in the faction im in, Psys attacks are not effected by "Increased Magic Resist" monsters.

lol what? I dunno what kinda noob idiots you have in your faction that don't know what IMR means, but it most certainly DOES affect how much damage a psy deals them, just like any other caster class.

That being said, yes, I absolutely agree that the new classes are grossly overpowered. So much so that they are extremely boring to play, in fact. It's been what? 2 months? 3? since they were released, and I still don't have either of the little bast***s up to lvl 30 yet. What should have taken 2 days has taken 2 months because i find these classes annoyingly easy.

As for the game being "ruined" by recent updates...I'm not sure we're quite to "ruined" yet. It is getting there though. I know I certainly miss the days when we had to work for our levels. The percentage of people that had reached x lvl and still had no clue how to play their class was much lower. There wasn't so much "oh I need a high level to drop what their doing and help me now or imma ragequit the faction." Sadly, though, those days of an enjoyable gameplay experience are long gone. More and more, I find myself logging into the game, saying hi to my faction, maybe helping someone with a boss or something, getting bored, and going to watch tv or something.

Oh well, I've ranted enough. While I would be inclined to say the OP is obviously an idiot, he did make a couple valid points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    now that was mean, i didn't even say something that mean!

to the person who is saying the racism stuff, get over urself, barbs themselves are not a race, they are a class, untamed = race, barb = class, end of it :D

got connections? spamming their inbox isn't connections.
    All right then, ill use another word so that you can understand.

Prejudice-

A prejudice is a prejudgement: i.e. a preconceived belief, opinion, or judgment made without ascertaining the facts of a case.

If you don't know every single barbarian you have no right to make a judgement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PWI is not dieing. There is more people playing now than ever before. New servers were recently added to help carry the load. So sorry, you can wish in one hand that PWI is dieing and **** in the other, and guess which one will fill up first?

If you are so worried about PWI, and how well it is doing, I suggest you unplug your computer for a while. It is a game. Not the end of the world. Deal with it.

/end rant about idiots crying doom every three bloody frickin weeks.

Just play the game and if it does die, go find something else to play. Is that so hard to figure out? Games die. Dur.

~Saitada
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Clerics need respect, and props, they have LOW defense, and burn mana insanely, only to save the idiots who suck at the game.
    This is why I no longer play one.
    moving onto Archers now, so tell me, what the hell is the point of having an archer now? Assassins crit rate is higher, their crits do more damage, they have higher health, they have skills which reduces damage/receives no damage, they have lifeleeching skills, they attack twice as fast, and do more damage in general, thank you...archers = useless as hell now

Don't know where you got this information from, but none of it is correct. All classes get the same amount of stats per level, which is 5. As a pure dex build, I have the same amount of base dex as a pure archer.

Who's dex/damage output is higher depends on the weapon and any crit/dex bonuses they obtain from their gear. Bows have higher damage than daggers.
    Bows do the least damage out of the 3 weapons available to archers.

Example:
    Dissector Dagger (level 43 mold): P. attk= 237-365
    Ornamented Bow (Level 42 normal bow) P. attk= 257-477

We only have a skill that increases our evasion, just as archers do. Stealth allows us to hide and run, but does not allow us to attack someone whilst staying invisible. The increasing damage on criticals only lasts for a short time and you cannot spam it due to a cooldown.

and i'll explain it more too, archers were gimped to begin with, a PROPER archer could steal aggro more then most classes, because they use to be huge DPS due to their crit/range ability, now they've added a class which can tank, and do the same, if not higher dps then archers.

Let me explain the one massive advantage archers have over sins.
    Range.
    Even if we picked up a bow, we don't have your range mastery.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't think you succeeded.

LOL

anyway psys and sins arnt OP the reason so many people think they are is

1. all high lvl sins and psys have amazing armor
    2. nobody knows a way 2 kill them/not used to fighting them

and u said nix arnt good anymore i think a nix will 3 shot and sin

and psys can heal replace clerics uhhhh no psys dnt have group buffs and psys have no puri + there heal takes like 20 seconds cooldown
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me thinks OP's a big impostor, a stupid noob, a friggin' liar and possibly a frustrated mole from some other fail MMORPG just jealous of PWI success.

Suck it up and stfu, OP... PWI is probably the first and only MMORPG that found a creative way to keep its player base's interest by integrating a new and challenging race, thereby showing its superior sense of marketing in every way thinkable.

If you don't like it, you know the way out and why don't you go QQ on somebody else's MMORPG... I suggest MW II... yea, you sound like you'd be one of their stup' fans: (IGG) there's a stupid company that has lost its player base and killed the game because of whiners like you who think they know better... create problems but never seem to be able to find a solution.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Suck it up and stfu, OP... PWI is probably the first and only MMORPG that found a creative way to keep its player base's interest by integrating a new and challenging race, thereby showing its superior sense of marketing in every way thinkable.

So fail, its a WIN!

Obviously you came to play PWI after you bought your brand new nintendo Wii, and wanted to try something other than wii fit and sports resort.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Cryin - Heavens Tear
    Cryin - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    YOU FAILED IN EVERY SINGLE POINT .... LOOOL ...

Go back to your cave, TROLL!!! b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Only love breaks a heart." b:thanks
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I totally agree with the part that Tideborn are overpowered, in my opinion the game would be better if they weren't brought in.
    I say this because both psychics and assassins do a lot of damage, so there are 3 major issues:

1) They KS a lot, at least psys do. Most of them are so used to that, that they even don't try to say "sry didn't see you killing it"(when they obviously did), but they just keep doing it until the other person leaves.

2) They pull aggro from tanks when doing bh/fb/bosses. And usually they don't even pay attention to that, so they die. And when they die, a cleric (who's supposed to heal the tank) has to res them, so the tank dies and then the rest of the party.

3) They get most of the drops when doing smth in a squad, as when the drops go to random people, they usually go to the one who does the most damage. ( I was doing bh few days ago, and a psy got 5, yes 5 reputation stamps, no1 else got any)

I've been in all of those situations, especially the last 2 ones, almost every day and it bothers me a lot <.< But it's just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I totally agree with the part that Tideborn are overpowered, in my opinion the game would be better if they weren't brought in.
    I say this because both psychics and assassins do a lot of damage, so there are 3 major issues:

1) They KS a lot, at least psys do. Most of them are so used to that, that they even don't try to say "sry didn't see you killing it"(when they obviously did), but they just keep doing it until the other person leaves.

So do Archers/Wizzies and Veno's .. Most end up Ksing phys attack classes at some point wether intentionally or not

2) They pull aggro from tanks when doing bh/fb/bosses. And usually they don't even pay attention to that, so they die. And when they die, a cleric (who's supposed to heal the tank) has to res them, so the tank dies and then the rest of the party.

So Do Wizzies and Archer

3) They get most of the drops when doing smth in a squad, as when the drops go to random people, they usually go to the one who does the most damage. ( I was doing bh few days ago, and a psy got 5, yes 5 reputation stamps, no1 else got any)

False .. Random drops are Random and not based on any external measures such as dmg dealt

/10char .............
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me thinks OP's a big impostor, a stupid noob, a friggin' liar and possibly a frustrated mole from some other fail MMORPG just jealous of PWI success.

If you don't like it, you know the way out and why don't you go QQ on somebody else's MMORPG... I suggest MW II... yea, you sound like you'd be one of their stup' fans: (IGG) there's a stupid company that has lost its player base and killed the game because of whiners like you who think they know better... create problems but never seem to be able to find a solution.

b:angry

Well there is another way to say that but, yeah. Anyways, IDK why you guys keeping a failed thread alive lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Ryiah - Heavens Tear
    Ryiah - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PWI is probably the first and only MMORPG that found a creative way to keep its player base's interest by integrating a new and challenging race, thereby showing its superior sense of marketing in every way thinkable.
    Last time I looked it wasn't the job of marketing to develop a new challenging yet fun race. Its merely their goal to market it to players through the use of advertising and related. Its the developers job to actually make the race.

You have to realize there is a difference between being good at what you're doing and just getting lucky. And I'd say PWI is at best only tied with others. Since MMOs are being named in this thread already, I'll go ahead and name one I think does a decent job - DDO.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I recall a certain other MMO that released 6 new classes in a single patch b:surrender Not even gonna bother naming it since it'll be editted out of the post.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I am a player, perfect world international is my life.
    Mouse is my body, keyboard is my mouth, monitor is my eye.
    I have done many complain.
    Unknown to developer, nor known to publisher.
    Have withstood anni pack and imbalances to keep playing.
    Yet, everyone else keep Q Q ing.

So, as i say . . . UNLIMITED b:cry THREAD !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I've been in all of those situations, especially the last 2 ones, almost every day and it bothers me a lot <.< But it's just my opinion.

Is that why in my runs all the stamps go to the guy who's afk ? I'm Psychic, I most of the time deal more damage than others in BHs, and I don't get that much stamps. It's only luck-based, don't go inventing some more **** that will make people hate TB even more, please.

I'm sick of guys like you talking about Tideborns or Psychics like they are all idiots, it's a new race, that brought a lot of people that didn't play or even know PWI and attracted them to the game. I'm one of them. I started this game a few days after the expansion came out, I first was a noob and now I've learn to control my aggro and such. Nobody complains about me. I know plenty of other Psychics and Sins like me. Please stop badmouthing people who play Tideborns so much, it just makes you seem intolerant.

PS : ANYONE - LET ME SPELL THAT OUT FOR YOU : A-N-Y-O-N-E - CAN PULL AGGRO FROM THE TANK IF THEY GIVE THEIR BEST ATTACKS UNTIL THEY TIRE.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
This discussion has been closed.