PWI Dying

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I mentioned that... do you read?
    You also mentioned that the wizard heal is weak. It's not. A wizard heal is stronger than a cleric wellspring, and it can save a tank from dying if it's sutra'd.

The fact that you even think the psychic is a better healer than a cleric is ****.
    And psy has an extremely powerful aoe heal which out-does the cleric. cleric = healer. there should be no question who is a better healer.
    Make a psychic and use that heal. It's useless.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont really see how the Tideborns contribute to the game. All basic class niches have been taken care of. Psychics can't heal like Clerics since they only have one (1) healing skill with a 30 second cooldown. Psychics don't have the Dragons Breath that's useful for numerous situations including taking care of a mob crowd during "ohh no" moments and Zhen parties. Assassins can't tank, they're pretty squishy. I guess with all their stealth skills they're better suited for PK/ PvP purposes. Blood Paint is useless since it only absorbs 2% of the damage they deal, it really dosen't help heal the squad at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    diablo is NOT an mmorpg. its an rpg. You can have 8 people in one area at once. Thats practically a squad. So you're saying 1 PWI squad = mmorpg. fail
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    venos have become very unuseful since gm's allowed the nix/herc to be nerfed, two pets which equal up to 190-350$ each, are hardly worth getting anymore, when you can take a glacier walker, give it the 3 buffs+bash and be just as good as a herc

Where can you do this? I'm curious since Mrs. Zoologist doesn't sell any of the 3 buffs. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear
    Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    people keep saying "if geared right, if geared right"

and others kept saying "90+" which basically means sage/demon skills, if any of you bothered to read through it clearly, i did mention tb's don't have sage/demon skills, and when they do it will be rtarded.

skills/spells can be interupted, so sadly, casting speed does count for something<--- for psys

Sins have a skill which makes them turn invisible, end of discussion for PvP on their behalf

Archers are at a huge disadvantage, they HAVE to be far away from players/monsters to do any good damage, unless they have fist build, which is hard to do, if you're trying to go full dex, and you need alot of extra expenses most players DO NOT HAVE.

i've seen a sin tank fushma at level 57, sure a bm can do it to, if they have a cleric as well, but that just proves they can be just as good of tanks, "IF GEARED RIGHT"

people that keep saying UO wasn't the first actual mmorpg, are clearly new aged gamers, end of story there, i said mmorpg, not mmo

and MUD was first mmo, end of story kids.

history lesson for new aged gamers, UO was in proof of concept stage, sometime during 1995 <-- shows in their offical records.

It's a SERVICE. Not a game. It's a WORLD. Not a game. It's a COMMUNITY. Not a game. Anyone who says, 'it's just a game' is missing the point.

a game isn't built purely on PvP so for them people who say "tw blah blah" not everyone is playing the game for senseless unskilled PvP where gear+level means more then skill.

the whole point is, Tide borns are hugely over powered, greatly infact, and those who are saying i'm wrong, are obviously the re-rollers playing power leveled tide borns.

Proof of my assistance on games, message andrew woodruff of aeria games, about Helba and ask him for my yahoo address, i'll be sure to call you an idiot on there too, and for others, email Fertbert@uo.com and ask about Dogbert-OSI, one of the secret osi members, and ask him for MY email, i'll be sure to call you an idiot on msn, thanks for time.

i dont give a damn about punctuation and small/tiny spelling errors on a forum, this isn't a college essay, or test which matters, just more proof that you're a new aged gamer trying to say because of my lack of punct i'm not telling truth

theres the proof, so eat it and be happy kids, for further proof of my coding abilities, email unicorn1259@hotmail.com ask about Raistlin, ask for my email, and she'll give it out, i did alot of work for her, including design work.

don't like that i have proof? go cry plz :)
    Once a legend, always a legend.
    Your best is my worse.
    Your skills are unfounded.
    Read it and obey, Chuck Norris approves of my skills.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the way i see it is the game isnt ruined if youre on a pve server, but pvp is definitely ruined due to this overpowered class
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Tideborn is not overpowered, and I'm a guy that's only played as a wizard and a cleric. You learn to face em, or you just stay blue name. It's really that simple.

Also, I've given up trying to read your posts. Learn to organize your thoughts coherently ffs.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noggin - Dreamweaver
    Noggin - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010

when barbs complain "me no bill repair cost high" or some other braindead ****, cuz barb players usually have no intel and think they can do whatever the hell they want

Lol, great attitude, my advice would be to not alienate a large section of your audience at the beginning of the great wall of qq if you want them to read further.

You appear to be very unhappy in the game, perhaps for your own sanity moving on or taking a break may be in order because you seem to be taking this a little seriously.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Because these addresses are totally valid and not at all alts you may or may not have set up.

And you seem to have such a boner for ultima online. Just go back to that then.

The fact is, you're totally wrong on just about every single point you've made.

Now, I'm sick of this thread, so here's some images to get it shut down.

1237976795_disco-hitler.gif

Hitler-Only-8x12-300-dpi.gif
  • timkalex
    timkalex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wow why did it filter out ********..lawl
  • Chinami - Raging Tide
    Chinami - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont really see how the Tideborns contribute to the game. All basic class niches have been taken care of. Psychics can't heal like Clerics since they only have one (1) healing skill with a 30 second cooldown. Psychics don't have the Dragons Breath that's useful for numerous situations including taking care of a mob crowd during "ohh no" moments and Zhen parties. Assassins can't tank, they're pretty squishy. I guess with all their stealth skills they're better suited for PK/ PvP purposes. Blood Paint is useless since it only absorbs 2% of the damage they deal, it really dosen't help heal the squad at all.

They contribute by adding variety to the game. If every game stopped the moment every archtype was covered we'd have 4 classes(tank, melee dps, magic dps, and healer) and never anymore. After you have those 4 covered no matter what you add it's going to overlap into those areas. The problem is not that these classes don't contribute, it's that far to many mmo players develop extreme tunnel vision. "There's only one way to do X, and it's my way and there's no other possible way so all other classes are useless." Psychics and assassins are different from existing classes, but that doesn't mean useless.
  • timkalex
    timkalex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wow lets try again...w.arcraft..hehe
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First off, your netbook is not a gaming computer. b:thanks

Now, to your rant.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Summary of entire post:
    i Iz a GM frum uther gamez. I haz westad 15 yerz of mi life pluying MMORPGS. If u saiz you play longer you fat leir! Sin and psychic iz Overpowered.

From what I see anybody who knows how to play their class will always win. You also can't judge a class before they hit at least 90. Just because you have played other MMORPGs does not mean you're the final word on all that is MMORPG related. As for the events, we could use better events but that does not mean we should steal from other games. I'm not going to take out every single point of yours and point out whats wrong because I'm too sleepy right now. Perhaps in the morning if this threads still here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You also mentioned that the wizard heal is weak. It's not. A wizard heal is stronger than a cleric wellspring, and it can save a tank from dying if it's sutra'd.

The fact that you even think the psychic is a better healer than a cleric is ****.

Make a psychic and use that heal. It's useless.

You're an idiot... Wellspring(Clerics weakest heal) = +350 and 20% heal with 1.5 channel. Wiz morning dew = +1000 and +35% with 4.5 channel. Which means Wellspring = +1150 and +60% at 4.5 channel. Sure there is a cast time, but its not great enough to make a difference. So the psy should be nerfed around those statistics.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    They contribute by adding variety to the game. If every game stopped the moment every archtype was covered we'd have 4 classes(tank, melee dps, magic dps, and healer) and never anymore. After you have those 4 covered no matter what you add it's going to overlap into those areas. The problem is not that these classes don't contribute, it's that far to many mmo players develop extreme tunnel vision. "There's only one way to do X, and it's my way and there's no other possible way so all other classes are useless." Psychics and assassins are different from existing classes, but that doesn't mean useless.
    I just have a hard time seeing where they come into play. In rebirth, for example, wizards will have first pick over psychic because of their Dragons Breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    So that's this thread locked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hemoglobin
    edited February 2010
    inb4losersrusg3tsb@nn3d
  • Ryiah - Heavens Tear
    Ryiah - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wrote:
    Try doing Polearm/Gaurnob without a clerics purify, using only that crappy psychic heal with the long cooldown. Go on, try it.
    Going to throw this out there before the thread is locked as I'm too lazy to read all of the flame war. Any decent barb should be able to interrupt Gaurnob's channelling. You'll still need purify, but if you have to purify past the first couple or so debuffs, then your barb needs to relearn his skills.

Also anyone who thinks this game is dying, please give me your gear before you quit. As I fully intend to stick around to at least level 100 and probably will hang around after that seeing that so far I've enjoyed it (despite the fact that I keep trying to quit for another game I keep coming back).
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Ohh I agree with you saying that they add variety to the game and they're certanly not useless as a whole. But as you mentioned they're just another form of already existing classes in the same niche. This niche competition is causing the battle between the classes and making people claim that they're "overpowered". Tideborns are really fun to play and their skills are pretty original, but some of these skills are not as good as similar skills in other classes. These skills are "pocket" secondary skills to add variety to the skill tree and are not ment to contribute as much since its not their specialty. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Imagine how boring it would have been if a class had only skills corresponding to their stereotypical purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Oh the irony Nukesrus.
  • Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear
    Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First off, your netbook is not a gaming computer. b:thanks

Now, to your rant.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Summary of entire post:
    i Iz a GM frum uther gamez. I haz westad 15 yerz of mi life pluying MMORPGS. If u saiz you play longer you fat leir! Sin and psychic iz Overpowered.

From what I see anybody who knows how to play their class will always win. You also can't judge a class before they hit at least 90. Just because you have played other MMORPGs does not mean you're the final word on all that is MMORPG related. As for the events, we could use better events but that does not mean we should steal from other games. I'm not going to take out every single point of yours and point out whats wrong because I'm too sleepy right now. Perhaps in the morning if this threads still here.

excuse me? Netbook? i want to slap you.

and i mentioned the background because it's important aspect, not just some random person thinking they know how things worked, that was directly purely at the whole dev/gm team getting the raw end of everything, nothing more, thanks for showing how smart you are, typical barb.

there are some psys/sins that have reached over 90, thank you.

about the whole stealing from other games thing?

okay...what HASN'T been stolen? the map system has, pathfinding has, Team dungeons has, TW that was stolen as well, sorry, turf battles came out before PW, and TB had the exact same thing, and before that, yes it was UO, Factions held controll over towns and areas, thank you.

everything has already been done, over and over again, everything is currently in a loop.

the few people who actually understood what i was saying, are probably the only smart ones, and who stayed with their original characters and didn't re-roll onto another class.

things get ruined because they never leave good enough alone, all you new-aged gamers think "MORE MORE MORE, BETTER BETTER BETTER, OOPS ITS RUINED, NEXT!"

LEAVE GOOD ENOUGH ALONE, AND IT STAYS GOOD!
    Once a legend, always a legend.
    Your best is my worse.
    Your skills are unfounded.
    Read it and obey, Chuck Norris approves of my skills.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    inb4losersrusg3tsb@nn3d

I see what you did there.

@Siege: what irony? :P
  • Onlyrecoil - Harshlands
    Onlyrecoil - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I've officially gotten sick of this.
    Please close this thread.
    329_4b33d73177965.gif329_4b33d73177965.gif329_4b33d73177965.gif329_4b33d73177965.gif
    edited February 2010
    HITLER NUKE!!!!!
    329_4b33d73177965.gif329_4b33d73177965.gif329_4b33d73177965.gif329_4b33d73177965.gif
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    HITLER NUKE!!!!!

PRO.

Recoil wins the thread.
  • Chinami - Raging Tide
    Chinami - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You're an idiot... Wellspring(Clerics weakest heal) = +350 and 20% heal with 1.5 channel. Wiz morning dew = +1000 and +35% with 4.5 channel. Which means Wellspring = +1150 and +60% at 4.5 channel. Sure there is a cast time, but its not great enough to make a difference. So the psy should be nerfed around those statistics.

Often times non-healers are giving a slightly better heal than some equal heal on a healer because it's the only one they have which is in and of itself a limitation. Class balance revolves around the entire class, not a single skill. Wizard heal is nice, but as far as pure healing goes a lot can happen in the over 6 seconds between casts. Psychic heal is point blank aoe, 1000 + 30%, and 30 second cooldown(not to mention it takes time for it to start tickingcause it's a HoT).
    Ohh I agree with you saying that they add variety to the game and they're certanly not useless as a whole. But as you mentioned they're just another form of already existing classes. Tideborns are really fun to play and their skills are pretty original, but some of these skills are not as good as similar skills in other classes. These skills are "pocket" secondary skills to add variety to the skill tree and are not ment to contribute as much since its not their specialty. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Imagine how boring it would have been if a class had only skills corresponding to their stereotypical purpose.

Psychic is admittedly very close to a wizard, but assassin is different enough from anything else(as different as you can be once you start overlaping areas). They're not done with the classes anyway, so who knows. Still though you have to admit it says things when on the one hand people claim they so overpowered they make every other class useless, and then on the other hand claim the other class's skills are more desirable making the tideborn useless.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    excuse me? Netbook? i want to slap you.

and i mentioned the background because it's important aspect, not just some random person thinking they know how things worked, that was directly purely at the whole dev/gm team getting the raw end of everything, nothing more, thanks for showing how smart you are, typical barb.

there are some psys/sins that have reached over 90, thank you.

about the whole stealing from other games thing?

okay...what HASN'T been stolen? the map system has, pathfinding has, Team dungeons has, TW that was stolen as well, sorry, turf battles came out before PW, and TB had the exact same thing, and before that, yes it was UO, Factions held controll over towns and areas, thank you.

everything has already been done, over and over again, everything is currently in a loop.

the few people who actually understood what i was saying, are probably the only smart ones, and who stayed with their original characters and didn't re-roll onto another class.

things get ruined because they never leave good enough alone, all you new-aged gamers think "MORE MORE MORE, BETTER BETTER BETTER, OOPS ITS RUINED, NEXT!"

LEAVE GOOD ENOUGH ALONE, AND IT STAYS GOOD!
    I'm Bill Gates. Do I have proof? No. But you should still believe me.

Typical barb? Racism in a game? Are you trying to prove how smart you are here, or are you trying to humiliate yourself?

So you have watched them PK? Some people are still getting used to these new classes. Old tactics don't work. You can't decide yet. Also, you forgot about gear. Until they're around longer you won't be able to tell how good or bad they are.

Then make something new and make PWI stand out.

So your opinion is the one and only opinion that should matter and the people who disagree are fools?

Leave good enough alone? If they'de left pwi the way it was then people would complain about a lack of upgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the game currently is going downhill both pvp and pve wise, the release of two new classes and the release of an entirely new race after over year of open beta/release, is never good for this sort of mmorpg platform.

Really... Must mean Blizzards famous mmo is dying then, since they will soon be releasing New classes and Races
    Blademasters, okay, sure high damage, decently high phys defense..sounds good? was for a while, but low and behold, assassins have just as good as defense, if not better!

Light armour build Vs HA build with marrows .. hmmm think you lost all credibility for knowing what you are talking about just there.
  • hemoglobin
    edited February 2010
    HITLER NUKE!!!!!

dont feed the nuke troll
    edited February 2010
    AND AGAIN
This discussion has been closed.