PWI Dying

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Personally, I don't have a problem with the Hitler spam. Especially since I encouraged it and all.

I'm sure that post will be useful to everyone else though.

...then you fail, too, for trying to invoke Godwin's Law at will.

b:scorn

...but thanks for the compliment, anyways.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...then you fail, too, for trying to invoke Godwin's Law at will.

b:scorn

...but thanks for the compliment, anyways.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it wraps back around if your intention is to look like a bungling troll. :P

Besides, it's obviously working. Look at all the "ban him!" posts. xD

Not everyone has your sophisticated sense of trolling. Just knee-jerk hitler reactions, which are always priceless.
  • Demonia/ - Heavens Tear32
    Demonia/ - Heavens Tear32 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nukesrus. Please stfu with the qq ****. at this point its u qqing because you feel your right everyone else is wrong and you dont wanna hear what both sides have to say. Youd never make it as a judge in a court of law I see. DO stop with your river of q's and get off the thread if you cant stand to listen to everyone. I feel you are making a fool of yourself for it. =.= probably would fail debate team too.... *waits for flames to make cold hands and feet roasty toasty!*
    edited February 2010
    Like I said, I'm pretty sure it wraps back around if your intention is to look like a bungling troll. :P

Besides, it's obviously working. Look at all the "ban him!" posts. xD

Not everyone has your sophisticated sense of trolling. Just knee-jerk hitler reactions, which are always priceless.

Hm, good point. I guess I'm the more refined troll...see my monocle? *monocle*

b:chuckle

B+ trolling, though, Nukes; not bad at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They're overpowered, and its been proven time and again.
    just because you failed to kill one does not make them over powered. people bished about phoenix / flesh ream too, that doesnt mean its overpowered.

@konari, youd be a horrible mod. the GMs only pick those of meritous behaviour/rolemodels among the community :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nukesrus. Please stfu with the qq ****. at this point its u qqing because you feel your right everyone else is wrong and you dont wanna hear what both sides have to say. Youd never make it as a judge in a court of law I see. DO stop with your river of q's and get off the thread if you cant stand to listen to everyone. I feel you are making a fool of yourself for it. =.= probably would fail debate team too.... *waits for flames to make cold hands and feet roasty toasty!*

I am so sorry. You are absolutely correct. I will never be a judge. I'd just keep jumping the gun and calling people guilty. And I'd fail the debate team too, because I'd be good up until the end, with my logic and rationality... Then I'd **** it up by calling everyone on the other team "Hitler's **** Brigade" or something and get disqualified.

I am pleased that you took the time to point out all the ways I have failed in life, and I beg your pardon for EVER upsetting your busy forum-reading schedule.

In all seriousness, just relax. This thread fell off the planet in terms of quality anyway, so I'm just enjoying myself until it gets locked.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    who don't you all just start slapping each other over the face with your e-peenie's?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    did i say my word was all that counts? many other players have said the same thing, that TB's are OP

Upgrades are fine as long as it stays within bounds and doesnt change the entire game.

racism in a game? ooh look the racist card...umm did i say "Untamed are useless" no, barbs = untamed if you want to go with race, thanks.

to the person who spoke about WoW, ANYONE will play ANYTHING once that blizard releases....people will even play Diablo 3 when it comes out, even though, if you follow the books of the diablo novel, it ended with Diablo 2....

alot of people left WoW for ****, so yeah, sooner or later it'll die too, they had to BUY their population.

updates are great, but only to a point.

who here can honestly say, within the past 4 months, the game hasn't changed in a huge way, and most ways are bad?

Anni packs were suppose to be an anniversary of the one year mark, woo! thats one long anniversary

Less pointless updates such as fixing grammer/spelling of a few npc's, and giving people more to do, for FUN would be better then what is currently happening.

anyways since most the people here are newaged gamers, no point in trying to point out whats bad about the TB's and how they are unbalanced.

i'm not against tb's, making them balanced would make its better.

im against how OP they are, and thats all!

in basic format, this is how things are normally played out

archers kill mages

warriors kill archers

mages kill warriors

which is the basic idea of balancing, however everyone knows it doesn't work out like that perfectly, which is okay.

And a lot more players are saying that they're not.

If you don't change the game then it becomes boring and dated. Games without updates won't last.

You're classifying all barbs as useless and, the way you used the words "typical barb", stupid. Saying whites are stupid is racism, even though the race is the human race. In the same way I said you were being racist. And you can't group everyone like that. You don't know every single barb, and you don't know everyone is useless.

Updates are always useful if they make the game better and make it more enjoyable for more people.

For the first time I agree with you- anni packs were terrible.

That would only work in a game where skill does not come into play and has only those three classes.

Anyways, I'm going to sleep now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited February 2010
    @konari, youd be a horrible mod. the GMs only pick those of meritous behaviour/rolemodels among the community :p

I'D BE AN AWESOME MOD; I'D BE THE BEST MOD OF 2005!!

b:angry

I would have locked this a long time ago.
    I am so sorry. You are absolutely correct. I will never be a judge. I'd just keep jumping the gun and calling people guilty. And I'd fail the debate team too, because I'd be good up until the end, with my logic and rationality... Then I'd **** it up by calling everyone on the other team "Hitler's **** Brigade" or something and get disqualified.

I am pleased that you took the time to point out all the ways I have failed in life, and I beg your pardon for EVER upsetting your busy forum-reading schedule.

In all seriousness, just relax. This thread fell off the planet in terms of quality anyway, so I'm just enjoying myself until it gets locked.

I'm trying to get ahold of a mod (I got connections b:sin), but their not responding...probably asleep...sleepy Ami...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    I'm trying to get ahold of a mod (I got connections b:sin), but their not responding...probably asleep...sleepy Ami...

If you get Mod im never using these forums again
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Completely disagree with a lot of the points the OP made....but yes the game has been pretty much going downhill and dying for months now.
    edited February 2010

...and that would be bad...how?

b:chuckle

...aw, come on, now. I'm really not as bad of a guy as I put myself out to be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    Completely disagree with a lot of the points the OP made....but yes the game has been pretty much going downhill and dying for months now.

your right in saying it has been dying for a long time but.. people still keep playing despite the "events" pwi gave us, so it wont die
  • Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear
    Reno_Pc_LoT - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2010

now that was mean, i didn't even say something that mean!

to the person who is saying the racism stuff, get over urself, barbs themselves are not a race, they are a class, untamed = race, barb = class, end of it :D

got connections? spamming their inbox isn't connections.
    Once a legend, always a legend.
    Your best is my worse.
    Your skills are unfounded.
    Read it and obey, Chuck Norris approves of my skills.
    edited February 2010
    now that was mean, i didn't even say something that mean!

to the person who is saying the racism stuff, get over urself, barbs themselves are not a race, they are a class, untamed = race, barb = class, end of it :D

got connections? spamming their inbox isn't connections.

Nah, I got connections outside of PWI. They are fun friends...well, Ami and Aryanna...I don't have connections to Hawk yet.

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Demonia/ - Heavens Tear32
    Demonia/ - Heavens Tear32 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Lovely counter there. I LOLed. Im so thrilled you think that you worry about my busy schedule and care that it stays on track! TY! b:chuckle But on track.. the point was for you to stop with the massive qq pages as im sure it annoys everyone on here to have to scroll thru it as quickly as possible to read the next readable, true post. If you wish to QQ do it simple. Cause simple is awesome. "QQ" <- like that. perfect and to the point. b:cute
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    another PWI dying thread, when its actually not.

As far as I figured, physic is a better at soloning than a wizard or cleric, they don't have to kite much thanks to knockbacks. But they are far from better at soloing than venoes, and they could even use a squishy pet 20 levels lower and solo better. Get a level 20 physic to try and solo a 40+ mob, or an FB mob, and let the veno do the same and NOT with a herc or nix.

Physic's heal is not as effective even as the wizard, even instant pots heals better or a simple genie heal. Assassins melee squishy, I retired as soon as I created one. LA melee, not used to it.

In squad, I would squad with people, but when it comes to certain instances, I rather not squad with them. For obvious reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I stopped reading when you claimed that the Psychic's heal could replace Clerics. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, seriously.

Bubble of Life has a good healing capacity yes, but it's really only for casters. You will never allow a Barb to tank a boss while healing him with Bubble of Life, as you can't spam it. It's a nice add-heal to have, that's all.

About Wizards, Psychics do NOT overpower them. They are very probably more powerful in low and mid game, but they are nowhere near their power in endgame. Just check the damage, Wizard maxed skills deal twice as much than Psychic's maxed skills. Not to mention Psychics are VERY squishy and have no equivalent of Stone Barrier (I feel like I say that once a day now...). And no, White Voodoo isn't as good as Barrier. And I doubt even Sage and Demon skills will allow Psychics to overpower Wizards.

About the Venos... You're nuts, Venos can solo TT and pretty much every FB with an Herc, come on. The nix's bleed is still pvp-reduction free, so there. Luring is great, and Venos still deal a good amount of damage... Not to mention Amplify, which is always a welcomed skill.

Anyway, nice bunch of ****.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You really think assassin's can tank? They have the same amount of defenses as archers, without the range.

Uhm that is actually possible as long boss not do debuff. Just keep spark going with bloodpaint up ofcourse and keep reduce atk speed, actually not too bad.
    take more dmg then bm yes, but a bm aint able to reduce boss atatck rate to half. as long a magic shot not is able to 1 shot the sin.

but however as topic go, I don't rly agree with your points, but yea the game is definitely on the way to gone. im gonna try their BoI release i guess..
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Nukesrus, I love you.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Sekhmett - Harshlands
    Sekhmett - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When I first started reading his post, I thought the author would touch on areas such as introducing a good LFG tool, improving tradeskills, more customization, etc.

Instead his post quickly descended into a class balance rant. I have news for the poster. There will never "balance". There is not one game out there that has it and there never will be. The pendelum swings from one class to another. Presently it is Psys, next month it will be some other class.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Nah, Starcraft is perfectly balanced. :D
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    fully agreeb:surrender
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Once they get these bugs fixed, and learn how to make gold prices decrease, as well as stop adding new content... Then and only then, the community will pull together and be moderately happy with PWI's management of the game.

Even then, there will be the QQers and all. But at least the game will work the way it should.
  • Seamuss - Heavens Tear
    Seamuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010

cuz barb players usually have no intel and think they can do whatever the hell they want

WTH? b:surrender
    Internet connection -$50.00 a month

Free MMO -Free

Building self esteem through fantasy roleplaying-Priceless
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this thread makes me miss spoonsb:sad
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Firstly, i'd like to state that i am not some **** private server kid, who thinks he knows how things work, i have worked with other games as a gm, dev, and freelance script editor, the advise i'm giving is professional knowledge based.

the game currently is going downhill both pvp and pve wise, the release of two new classes and the release of an entirely new race after over year of open beta/release, is never good for this sort of mmorpg platform.

i will try to keep this as short as possible, but be blunt and direct about some important points.

first off, many a players have openly admited they are far from happy with what has been happening with the recent new patches, and others have stated that it isn't what they wanted/expected.

i personally understand, that gm's and "devs/admins" can't do as they please with the scripts/updates, you can only do so much with editing until getting the go-ahead from the main HQ, however these are some things i've run into issues with on many other games i've played and/or worked on, and i'm not trying to be a jerk about it, or what new-aged gamers call "ZOMG NERDRAGE FTW PWNT OWNT FTW"

Psys have made, and i'm being serious, they have made Veno DD builds, cleric DD builds, and wizards all USELESS, venos are used purely for luring now, and randomly tanks, when barbs complain "me no bill repair cost high" or some other braindead ****, cuz barb players usually have no intel and think they can do whatever the hell they want, clerics are used purely for group heal/res, and wizards are greatly over powered by psys in every aspect.

venos have become very unuseful since gm's allowed the nix/herc to be nerfed, two pets which equal up to 190-350$ each, are hardly worth getting anymore, when you can take a glacier walker, give it the 3 buffs+bash and be just as good as a herc, and as far as nix's go, their attacks were weakened, and they aren't very helpful against the things people want them for, world bosses, jewelscalen, and thousand streams legion spawn, TW.

The only time people want a veno, is if they are very high leveled with awesome items *negative channel items* and a herc that is same level as them, and they are used purely "poor" tanks, which psys/sins complain "they no hold aggro, veno useless get sin tank barb tank"

with that said, i will try to focus on wizards now, as far as wizards, they are underpowered compared to psys, psys cast faster, and do more damage...what the hell is the point of a wizard then? nothing, useless, just delete it from being able to be made if you're going to release a more powerful version of it, like seriously, as soon as sage/demon comes for TB's REAL gamers will quit, and new-aged gamers, will take over and try to talk like they know everything about online games.

Clerics.....Psys a have group healing skill that is just as good, if not better then clerics, way to go...make it harder for clerics, their regen buffs are jokes compared to the apoth made regen items, their resist buff is the only good one for warriors, and magic attack for psys....great, not.

Clerics have a hard enough time leveling up, unless they are "ORACLE ORACLE ORACLE, TIME FOR 12X EXP GRIND FEST!!!" no one has respect for them clerics, and i'm not bashing oracles, because yes they can be useful, especially with the current factions going on about "REACH 90 FROM 80 IN 2 DAY OR U KICK NUB!" seriously these people need to be slapped.

Clerics need respect, and props, they have LOW defense, and burn mana insanely, only to save the idiots who suck at the game.

moving onto Archers now, so tell me, what the hell is the point of having an archer now? Assassins crit rate is higher, their crits do more damage, they have higher health, they have skills which reduces damage/receives no damage, they have lifeleeching skills, they attack twice as fast, and do more damage in general, thank you...archers = useless as hell now

and i'll explain it more too, archers were gimped to begin with, a PROPER archer could steal aggro more then most classes, because they use to be huge DPS due to their crit/range ability, now they've added a class which can tank, and do the same, if not higher dps then archers.

Blademasters, okay, sure high damage, decently high phys defense..sounds good? was for a while, but low and behold, assassins have just as good as defense, if not better! and do alot more DPS then blademasters, i know i said a similar thing earlier, but if you're gunna release a class that over powers one or more other classes, just delete the others.

right now, its completely unbalanced, an assassin with same weapon level as an archer, does about 45% more damage per second, then the archer does...and about 15-20% more damage then a pure damage build Blade master, this has been proven by the players of the game.

everyone was looking forward to the sins and psys being nerfed, instead, GM'S WILLINGLY ACCEPTED AND RELEASED A PATCH TO MAKE THEM BETTER! ontop of that, they release oracles into the cash shop for people to power level their sins/psys, then ontop of that, they release non-stop double exp/spirit events, oh and this just takes the cake, they added EXP stones, which stack with events! so now they can earn 13x exp/spirit. just great, just flipping fantastic.

i'm far from downing on exp/spirit events, but we don't need them non-stop for weeks at a time, a weekend now and then is fine, and weekend = 2 days, not 5 days, and the exp stones should have level requirements, depending on the bonus stature you're applying, 12x should be for 90+ only! heck even 5x should be!

well anyways, these are all the points of where things have gone down hill, and i'm only hoping the gm's will notice and fix it, before PWI as we know it, is completely dead

and hey, some people will fight the whole noob battle way "well what event can they do if not exp ones! you noob you just trash talk blah blah, i play WoW level 75 in 3 day" seriously, all you new aged gamers that are going to bash comments, go away, unplug your PC, if you can even call what you're using a PC, REAL gamers, who've been playing mmorpg going onto 14 years, will agree

for those noobs whom are gunna say "i been mmorpg for 15-17 year!" umm...sorry check back when you're not a liar, the very first MMORPG! was Ultima Online, AND YES! it is a freaking fact you Ruin Scape rejects! Ultima Online was launched for selective alpha testers, 250 people, in the year of 1996, and released EARLY, 1997.
    (im aware the games name isnt ruinscape, but they blocked the real name)

mmorpg does not mean "ONLINE GAME" online games were around before that, MMORPG'S WERE NOT!

now as for them noobs who think double events are the only type of events, i've compiled a short list of events, i've seen, and/or helped MAKE with my own ability and know-how of coding/scripting.

Man Hunt

Paintball

King Of The Hill

Monster Bash *A REAL ONE NOT JUST "BOOM HERE A BUNCH OF MOB DURRRRRR...KILL DURRR*

SERVER WIDE BOSS! where every player gets a small reward, and maybe a random amount of players get secret rewards

Capture the Flag

Destory The Castle<--- yes there is a similar event, which is TW, but destory the castle is more fun, its like Red Vs Blue sort of.

these are a few events where players can come together, and enjoy it together, not quests that they can do solo, or kill things that have 100 hp.

i<3PWI, and support it greatly, which does mean, yes i cash shop, but it is required for the game to stay active.
    LOL. Psychics as good as clerics? Hahaha. Another typical and hilarious "pwi is dying" bunch of nonsense, with a bunch of nonsensical rant-like fluff. Thanks for the laugh. b:chuckle
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    umm mmorpg = massive multiplayer online role playing game, not mmo.

and no, it's even listed that uo was the first mmorpg made.

close to the 1st but not really the biggest point in the thread

Meridian 59: Evolution is a 3D PvP-oriented game. Its original incarnation was released in 1996 and is widely credited as the first graphical MMORPG. That original release was overhauled and relaunched in 2002, with 3-D graphics and many new upgrades.
  • __Hysteria__ - Harshlands
    __Hysteria__ - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    to original op about clerics having a hard time leveling, only if your a completely horrendous player, i had no problem solo leveling my cleric alt (not even counting oracles bh or dailies) im talkin purely quests and grinding. clerics are actually a damn good solo class if you know your class, hey just like every char on the damn game. you must just lack in the skill department.
    kthxbaib:victory
    4x Wizard - Marshal of the faction Sacreds
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if you know your class

^ THIS ^

Unfortunately, a great too many people do not which leads to these kinds of threads.

Before I ever make my toons, I read through the forums for advice, tips and tricks on statting, skill leveling and game play. For the most part I level them without oracles and do everything possible solo. For my TB toons, obviously there isn't a lot of help out there for them, so I am feeling my way along with them. Generally, I am statting the Sin like an Archer and the Psychic like a Cleric and seem to be doing fine. I really do not find either to be so incredibly more powerful than any of the other toons that the game is in jeopardy of crashing to the ground because of them.

I play the game for fun of playing. I am not in a race to get to a certain level. I don't worry about how others get their levels or how they get their gear. I rarely duel and I don't do PVP (yet) so the whole OP class thing isn't an issue for me.

I think a lot of people here need to take a great big chill pill and remember that this is just a game. Some are going to pop an artery with how intensely and seriously they take things.

This is just my opinion. YMMV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
This discussion has been closed.