This is the assasin build.

Options

Comments

• UesugiBlade - Lost City
    UesugiBlade - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I find it ironical Morty is suggesting 9dex1 str every 2 lvls when at (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=558621)he says otherwise

that was after he found out it was a fail build..
    no wonder they say forums are so important..
    well.. it seems he is lvl50 now...
    and i learned some things from his guide too..b:pleased
    althought calling it "Ultimate Guide" might be pushing it..
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hey ppls...
    im on 1vit 2str 7dex each 2 levels ...and it works nice. ok im 38 only :D
    asassins arent good in open fights cause theyr very low def...
    but ur dmg/ability to stun/envade/bloodsuck etc should make u become also an strong fighter.

dont forget ur a ninja xD so make it like one!

greetings from Chritz ^^

damage/ability to stun/evade/bloodsuck etc all comes from dex, so putting in 1 vit every 2 levels contradicts everything you have just said. the extra 13 hp you acquire from 1 point of vit makes no difference just a waste of a point imo. b:chuckle silly of me to cap my vit at 15 early on >.> doesn't do anything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gennousuke - Lost City
    Gennousuke - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    damage/ability to stun/evade/bloodsuck etc all comes from dex, so putting in 1 vit every 2 levels contradicts everything you have just said. the extra 13 hp you acquire from 1 point of vit makes no difference just a waste of a point imo. b:chuckle silly of me to cap my vit at 15 early on >.> doesn't do anything

dangit, i've already put 4 points on vit before going and reading on forums..b:sad
    now i think i spend more time in forums than in-game..
    still learning.. still a noob..b:victoryb:victory
  • Seidon - Harshlands
    Seidon - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    4 Dexterity and 1 strength. Anything other then this and you are a noob.b:bye

Im using full DEX and only STR for armor and stuff.
    Its working well, for now. But I think I stop putting STR on my assasin. The more damage I do the more I will blood suck the less time the battle will take. :)
  • PWassassin - Harshlands
    PWassassin - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    but u need at least 1 str every lvl to keep up with your armor and stuff
    at higher lvls i guess there's a point you get enought str to wear every LA stuff so you just go 5 dex or some guys like to go on 4 dex 1 vit
    i dont know.
  • Shadow_Fang - Raging Tide
    Shadow_Fang - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    (Please ignore; the forum's not working very well for me at the moment.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"War is the Statesman's game, the Priest's delight, the Lawyer's jest, the hired Assassin's trade." - Percy Shelley
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Necro?

b:angry
  • Kyuukyokutai - Lost City
    Kyuukyokutai - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hey ppls...
    im on 1vit 2str 7dex each 2 levels ...and it works nice. ok im 38 only :D
    asassins arent good in open fights cause theyr very low def...
    but ur dmg/ability to stun/envade/bloodsuck etc should make u become also an strong fighter.

dont forget ur a ninja xD so make it like one!

greetings from Chritz ^^

Hi Chritz :D, just want to add that 1 vit every 2 lvls don't help really much =/
    If you wanted more hp, 3 dex 1 str 1 vit every lvl is your choice. Aside that, vit doesn't help at all, since we receive 13 hp for each vit point, if i'm not wrong. In end games, it's not a lot of hp, and would make you lose almost 3% of critical, not counting the dmg you would lose, since we are talking about 5x points ^^

Assassins are made for NOT taking dmg, and yes to finish the opponent as fast as possible. For that reason, they need the maximum of points in Dex, to increase our overall dmg.

The extra hp only helps in end game, but not that much, maybe to resist one hit more, or half of one ^^

And, thinking as a ninja, we are just going to pop in enemy's faces, smash it and disappear. Stun > Silencing > Immobilizing> Spark and normal hits till it is down. ^^
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hi Chritz :D, just want to add that 1 vit every 2 lvls don't help really much =/
    If you wanted more hp, 3 dex 1 str 1 vit every lvl is your choice. Aside that, vit doesn't help at all, since we receive 13 hp for each vit point, if i'm not wrong. In end games, it's not a lot of hp, and would make you lose almost 3% of critical, not counting the dmg you would lose, since we are talking about 5x points ^^

Assassins are made for NOT taking dmg, and yes to finish the opponent as fast as possible. For that reason, they need the maximum of points in Dex, to increase our overall dmg.

The extra hp only helps in end game, but not that much, maybe to resist one hit more, or half of one ^^

And, thinking as a ninja, we are just going to pop in enemy's faces, smash it and disappear. Stun > Silencing > Immobilizing> Spark and normal hits till it is down. ^^

I have to say, I disagree. When you have points in Vit, you give yourself that chance to survive a few more hits, or even just a hit. Sure, you can put shards in to make up for that HP, however you can also still put those in and get even more HP, essentially making you not any more squishy than a Blademaster due to HP alone. I've seen full Dex Assassin's with more HP than me just with shards in. I have to imagine that with the bonus of physical and magic resistance, along with more HP, a Vit build Assassin would be able to easily act as a secondary tank, much like a Blademaster. We will never be as good of a tank, due to the fact that we are squishy. However, double sparks combined with Blood Paint and all that extra HP, you have a very high amount of HP to work with, seeing as Blood Paint helps reduce the net damage we take, along with the recovery rate we see.
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have to say, I disagree. When you have points in Vit, you give yourself that chance to survive a few more hits, or even just a hit. Sure, you can put shards in to make up for that HP, however you can also still put those in and get even more HP, essentially making you not any more squishy than a Blademaster due to HP alone. I've seen full Dex Assassin's with more HP than me just with shards in. I have to imagine that with the bonus of physical and magic resistance, along with more HP, a Vit build Assassin would be able to easily act as a secondary tank, much like a Blademaster. We will never be as good of a tank, due to the fact that we are squishy. However, double sparks combined with Blood Paint and all that extra HP, you have a very high amount of HP to work with, seeing as Blood Paint helps reduce the net damage we take, along with the recovery rate we see.

I think if you had that build and put together your gear to boost HP and PDef you could probably tank ok but the trade off would be the damage/crits/avoid hits you would get with pure Dex. For soloing it would probably be ok but in groups most people want assassins who can max damage because they will have a barb or veno to main tank.

In the end it comes down to what you want to play and focus either one way or another. I think the only real fail would be distributing points all over the place or trying to have too many skills at lower/mid levels instead of focusing on particularly useful ones.
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin
  • Elf_crystal - Lost City
    Elf_crystal - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i gave up on my assassin i built it all wrong i stick with my cleric and my veno b:chuckleb:pleasedb:thanks
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think if you had that build and put together your gear to boost HP and PDef you could probably tank ok but the trade off would be the damage/crits/avoid hits you would get with pure Dex. For soloing it would probably be ok but in groups most people want assassins who can max damage because they will have a barb or veno to main tank.

In the end it comes down to what you want to play and focus either one way or another. I think the only real fail would be distributing points all over the place or trying to have too many skills at lower/mid levels instead of focusing on particularly useful ones.

I see it as the exact opposite. If you have points in Vit, you have nerfed your own damage output, making it far more difficult for you to steal aggro, which aside from DDing is the purpose of any DD class. With a Vit build, it is still easy to steal aggro from tanks my level just by putting occasional double sparks in when I gain them from regular attacks.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Necro?

b:angry
    No not necro, about 10 hours under looks like

By the way, I use 7 dex 2 str 1 vit every 2 lvls and am quite powerful, and the OP is an idiot thinking there is only 1 way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raizoninja - Raging Tide
    Raizoninja - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i just want to know if its possible to transfer an account from one sever to another
  • Teehee - Harshlands
    Teehee - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no it isn'tb:chuckleb:chuckleb:laugh
  • IBbyDuckiie - Raging Tide
    IBbyDuckiie - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well I'm very very new to this game, what stat build would be the best 1str, and 4dex, OR 7dex, 2str, and 1vit every 2 lvls? b:surrender
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Edit: as for worrying about low health and scariness of it all. Your an assasin, and even if you went all vit ud be dying all the time. This is why assasin (like wizards) are for pro people who know what they are doing. There is lots of dying and lots of patience involved. Trying to lessen the pain of constantly bieng ***** in the **** will only increase the pain even more.

I didn't feel like reading the whole thread but that statement made me laugh a bit. This game isn't based off of skill it is based off of gear. As for needing skill to play an assassin...all you have to do is use your skills and attack first and you win (Assuming you aren't fighting a cash shopper)...pretty much the same as any other class.
  • Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary
    Mako_Shiruku - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Christ..

There is no such thing as a fail build; only builds that are not advised.

Being that a sin is a melee fighter, some people want to add vit to increase the amout of damage they can take. Thats not a problem. Let em do it. If they want to sacrfice attack for health, then let them. Don't BM's do the same? Depending on thier choice of weapon's path, a BM sacrifices health or accuracy for attack.

A wizz sacrifices more attack damage when they option to use LA over arcane.

If you want to moan that a pure build is better than anyother, the review the facts.

Remember, in a FB, TT, FCC and RB's, those mobs and bosses have an abnormal amount of accuracy. Thier physical attacks will still hit you more often than not.

Magic? LOL, thats your ****. You can resist, but it wont miss.

Now, for those that think adding Vit is wrong? When it comes down to a boss who AoE's alot, you'll most likely die first. Know why? That person who added vit has more time to pot than you do.

Don't get me wrong. I use the pure Dex build myself. However, I was smart when I made my sin. Months before the release, I started making tomes, along with a friend. As time went on, the tideborn were released and when they were, I had a level 4 tome waiting for mine, + vit/dex. Why? I figure that it was melee, but based on dex. A pure build would work, but I wanted more vit to stay alive longer.

Don't down another for what they do. If it suits them, then who are you to tell them otherwise? You can ADVISE, but not blatantly insult them.

This is for those who missed it.

Another thing, who the hell keeps reviving this damn thread?b:angry For christ's sake, LET IT DIE ALREADY!
    The Pker's Prayer
    ~~~
    The Angels in Heaven
    (Now I lay you down to sleep)
    Simply wont let me
    (I pray the lord your soul to keep)
    Enter quietly
    (And if I die before you)
    Ill see you in hell
    (That shall be his first mistake)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Kephras for the awesome Sig
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is for those who missed it.

There are 24 sockets you can put HP stones and 6 pieces of gears you can refine for HP. There are only 2 sockets you can put attack stones and one weapon you can refine for attack power. Of course people can build it w/e they want but pure's the optimal one.
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Gear gear gear your build does not matter much o.0
  • ZoraZoomz - Heavens Tear
    ZoraZoomz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with Vit. I put in enough str to wear Light armor and put most in Dex. I have put about 25 in vit and it works well for me. Ive even put some in maq just so I can have a bit more mana to use because I find myself runing out very fast. I duel Sins my level and have never lost a duel to one b:cool. I dont follow a 4 dex 1 str thing. I think I will do a 7dex 1 str 2 vit (something close to that). The 4 dex and 1 str sounds great but if your going to be fighting other sins with that your going to die b:laugh.

Everyone can choose there own build system and none are wrong some are just more affective in situations then others. Id like to have Vit incase I fight a caster or a archer. I would like to have Dex if I fought a melee.
  • CruentusLuna - Harshlands
    CruentusLuna - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally, I'm gonna finish getting my gear, after that I won't need to level up str any more because assassin's do damage with there dex, so after I don't need str for new gears, maybe put in a little vit. Or just go 5 dex per level at that point......yea, 5 per level, lol. More damage and even better crits.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with Vit. I put in enough str to wear Light armor and put most in Dex. I have put about 25 in vit and it works well for me. Ive even put some in maq just so I can have a bit more mana to use because I find myself runing out very fast. I duel Sins my level and have never lost a duel to one b:cool. I dont follow a 4 dex 1 str thing. I think I will do a 7dex 1 str 2 vit (something close to that). The 4 dex and 1 str sounds great but if your going to be fighting other sins with that your going to die b:laugh.

Everyone can choose there own build system and none are wrong some are just more affective in situations then others. Id like to have Vit incase I fight a caster or a archer. I would like to have Dex if I fought a melee.

Uh, hate to tell you, but some builds just aren't right. For example, you need a minimum of 1 Str per level so you can wear light armor equal to your level. So 1 Str every two levels as your build suggests will only hurt you. And putting anything into Mag is a waste because you can just use Focus Powder and your MP worries go away for the most part.
  • Aggonist - Sanctuary
    Aggonist - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well im basicly a pure dex assasin with some str for hp helms from tomes and gear and with a base hp of 6.5k at lvl 90 and 8.7k buffed with demon or sage beast king. lvling is hard from the squishyness but at a higher lvl with awsome gear sins own.b:victory plus by 95 im looking at having base hp of 8kb:shocked

Edit: and i still steal aggro from a 102 demon barb *giggles*
  • WhiteRaine - Sanctuary
    WhiteRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is for your benefit. Ignore are your own peril. I can almost 100% guarantee ur gonna regret it endgame if you get that far.

As for the narrowmindedness, maybe your just narrowminded thinking that everyone who doesn't let anyone disagree with them is narrowminded. *bltch slap*

Edit: as for worrying about low health and scariness of it all. Your an assasin, and even if you went all vit ud be dying all the time. This is why assasin (like wizards) are for pro people who know what they are doing. There is lots of dying and lots of patience involved. Trying to lessen the pain of constantly bieng ***** in the **** will only increase the pain even more.

I have only died 3 time so far, and thats because I was talkinIg and not paying attention.
    with my build ( +1 vit + 1str +3 def per level) I sometimes need to fight enemies ABOVE my level. I made a macro combo which is UNSTOPABLE every monster (non boss) my level falls before me XD
    Server:Heibei
    Name:Rukia
    Weapon:Hookswords
    Job: Killing anyone thats not on my side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WhiteRaine - Sanctuary
    WhiteRaine - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    besides you dont HAVE to stick with just 1 build at a time EXPIREMENT, throw yourself up to new ideas. what if the ENTIRE world were to conform to 1 belief, a belief you yourself did not agree with
    Server:Heibei
    Name:Rukia
    Weapon:Hookswords
    Job: Killing anyone thats not on my side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Assasin_X - Raging Tide
    Assasin_X - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok I will admit I am a noob when it comes to perfect world... I have read most of this forum and I am more confused then when I started! I am lvl 24 sin still using tideborn armor and not sure if I should have upgraded a while ago or not... also is what I read true that I just need 1 str for the lvl I am? so if I am lvl 24 I need 24str? Please help feeling lost when it comes to my gear!b:surrender
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ok I will admit I am a noob when it comes to perfect world... I have read most of this forum and I am more confused then when I started! I am lvl 24 sin still using tideborn armor and not sure if I should have upgraded a while ago or not... also is what I read true that I just need 1 str for the lvl I am? so if I am lvl 24 I need 24str? Please help feeling lost when it comes to my gear!b:surrender

Str must always be <your level + 4> and Dex should always be at least <your level * 3 + 4>.
  • supermana
    supermana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:surrender i
  • supermana
    supermana Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    im a noob
    im lvl 53 iwth Vit 46, str 61, maq 11, dex 183 (modifiy by equipment)
    i dont know what is cirtine shards and how to use it
    is my fisrt char and i dont wanna star again NOOOOO never
    since lvl 50 im going 1 str 4 dex
This discussion has been closed.