Kniraven's PvP/PvE Sword/Blade Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver
    Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Excellent and what really sucks is you always are underestimated, until they try you >:D- By the way that animation at the bottom with myriad sword stance what class was it that you 1-shotted?
  • GrimStorm - Dreamweaver
    GrimStorm - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide... currently at lvl 61... things have been working out great for me =) I put a little more vit than you did... (40 vs 30) so my dex is 10 points lower... but so far its awesome... I been the only tank in a few Bhs and I have done a great job... I also just did a bh with a barb 7 lvls higher than me and i was dropping mobs faster than he was. Later he was saying how much sword bms suck and that i should go with axes blah, blah, blah.... I dont care... I love my blades =) (I also like it how i can rock on fist and also do as much damage with a bow as if i had my fists on LOL). I love my bm... my cleric is taking a long long time off LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the guide... currently at lvl 61... things have been working out great for me =) I put a little more vit than you did... (40 vs 30) so my dex is 10 points lower... but so far its awesome... I been the only tank in a few Bhs and I have done a great job... I also just did a bh with a barb 7 lvls higher than me and i was dropping mobs faster than he was. Later he was saying how much sword bms suck and that i should go with axes blah, blah, blah.... I dont care... I love my blades =) (I also like it how i can rock on fist and also do as much damage with a bow as if i had my fists on LOL). I love my bm... my cleric is taking a long long time off LOL

you do realize you will eventually need axes as well as your chosen DPS weapon right?
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Update on Flash skill, erm.. atm Flash 100 skill is not working properly or Devs never tested it...

Flash: Hardest hitting BM skill 100, is gliched atm, Dev's need to fix it or upgrade, seems that its not counting the damage 150% of the hp difference atm.

I have sent a ticket. <3

note: seems its only hitting 150% base damage atm.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you do realize you will eventually need axes as well as your chosen DPS weapon right?

I have my lvl 50 stash hammers so i can use a few skills that are needed... I'm gonna max out sword first... then work on axes... (just in case) So yeah... As much as I like my swords, I know the time will come when I will need to use axes... Currently I'm rocking fists, dual swords and dual hammers. I switch during battle all the time because of the skills. Because of my high dex I fill up my chi super fast with fist, then switch to the other two to aoe the **** out of mobs... but for my day to day grinding... swords for the win! hell i rather use fists than hammers and axes... just too damn slow... Guess you can say im gonna be ave. at best... jack of all trades... wished you could use all skills as a bm with no matter which weapon... then we all wouldnt be having this discussion... other than axes hit harder...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have my lvl 50 stash hammers so i can use a few skills that are needed... I'm gonna max out sword first... then work on axes... (just in case) So yeah... As much as I like my swords, I know the time will come when I will need to use axes... Currently I'm rocking fists, dual swords and dual hammers. I switch during battle all the time because of the skills. Because of my high dex I fill up my chi super fast with fist, then switch to the other two to aoe the **** out of mobs... but for my day to day grinding... swords for the win! hell i rather use fists than hammers and axes... just too damn slow... Guess you can say im gonna be ave. at best... jack of all trades... wished you could use all skills as a bm with no matter which weapon... then we all wouldnt be having this discussion... other than axes hit harder...

Atmos strike hits harder than Drakes Bash which is the hardest hitting Axe skill aside from the ulti. Myriad hits harder than Heavens Flame.

Swords are my main weapon.
    I will switch to axes briefly to continue a chain stun, or to heavensflame for my pt if they want amp dmg, or right before I use a high dmg genie skill.

Poles I will switch to if I need an extra ranged move real fast, or if I want to stack Glacial Spike's defense debuff with Heavens Flame's damage amp.

Fists I use for canceling channeling, quickening my single sword's attack speed, or to gain chi quickly.

Generally speaking though, I can Atmos Strike for spike dmg using sword, and it is pretty spammable. I can Spirit Chaser as an extra ranged move using swords, and when tanking or being ganked, using Myriad to debuff my enemy's atk for 12 seconds is damned useful; and that's aside from it's high spike damage.

Also, yeah the level 100 skill is slightly bugged, but trust me it works even if the dmg it displays is inacurrate.
    I have been hit for 70k with it b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    now i got my lunar zerk pole and zerk blade both with lvl 11 mastery

what would do more dmg +10 zerk lunar pole with Glacial Spike
    or +5 or +6 zerk hh 90 blade with Myriad ?

and myriad reduces only weapon attack to 50% not whole attack or? so its not that much dmg reduction?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    now i got my lunar zerk pole and zerk blade both with lvl 11 mastery

what would do more dmg +10 zerk lunar pole with Glacial Spike
    or +5 or +6 zerk hh 90 blade with Myriad ?

and myriad reduces only weapon attack to 50% not whole attack or? so its not that much dmg reduction?

please stop posting that question >.<

+ 10 poleblade spikes higher than a +5 blade

MSS reduces base damage not skill damage

so its basicly useless for its debuff in pvp but verry nice in pve
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i know just want to know whats better for dmg
    the sword with myriad or the pole with glacial since myriad give 200% wep dmg
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Atmos strike hits harder than Drakes Bash which is the hardest hitting Axe skill aside from the ulti. Myriad hits harder than Heavens Flame.

Swords are my main weapon.
    I will switch to axes briefly to continue a chain stun, or to heavensflame for my pt if they want amp dmg, or right before I use a high dmg genie skill.

Poles I will switch to if I need an extra ranged move real fast, or if I want to stack Glacial Spike's defense debuff with Heavens Flame's damage amp.

Fists I use for canceling channeling, quickening my single sword's attack speed, or to gain chi quickly.

Generally speaking though, I can Atmos Strike for spike dmg using sword, and it is pretty spammable. I can Spirit Chaser as an extra ranged move using swords, and when tanking or being ganked, using Myriad to debuff my enemy's atk for 12 seconds is damned useful; and that's aside from it's high spike damage.

Also, yeah the level 100 skill is slightly bugged, but trust me it works even if the dmg it displays is inacurrate.
    I have been hit for 70k with it b:shocked

Wait right there, you are saying it works but have any screen?
    I didnt try in pvp yet but it seems bugged coz damage is less than any other normal Sage BM skill, quite less.

And I really wonder when a GM will contact me to check that out.

Maybe it works only in pvp.. dunno.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah my friends told me of what a pain in the rear 202020 is. So i plan to have all skills maxed out before i even attempt it, so i can bring in my charm and two of my lvl 80+ cleric friends and kick their butts >:D
    Also thanks for the advice in how to deal with their mobs in the fb's. :D

b:chuckle i've done it with a 7x squad and uncharmed
    (my skills are insanely low lvl mind you)
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    DrDrakken: Showoff!!! >:O
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wait right there, you are saying it works but have any screen?
    I didnt try in pvp yet but it seems bugged coz damage is less than any other normal Sage BM skill, quite less.

And I really wonder when a GM will contact me to check that out.

Maybe it works only in pvp.. dunno.

The skill is bugged, and the damage it displays does not reflect the damage it actually ends up dealing. I haven't seen it in PvE but it fricken one-shot me in pvp =_= ... Anyways, no I don't have an SS
    DrDrakken: Showoff!!! >:O

I tanked my own fb69 b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just a note farstrike drakes ray and spirit chasre have cooldowns slightly to long to constantly cycle through about a 2 second gap last i looked

other than that ya tis a greatt combo
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    just a note farstrike drakes ray and spirit chasre have cooldowns slightly to long to constantly cycle through about a 2 second gap last i looked

other than that ya tis a greatt combo

Drakes Ray
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 6 seconds (5 seconds if Sage)

Spirit Chaser
    Channel 0.8 seconds
    Cast 0.9 seconds
    Cooldown 6 seconds

Farstrike
    Channel 0.8 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 6 seconds

4.4 seconds to get off all three, assuming you have 0 delay whatsoever, if you have sages drakes ray you have 0.6 seconds of cooldown before you restart the combo. 1.7 seconds without sage drakes ray.

Smack
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 1.7 seconds

Can be used inbetween the first two sets to have no cooldown delay in the combo whatsoever.

You're not a ranged class though so hopefully after that 7 move ranged combo you can get up to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    uhh.. you can also just leap and stun.. so few people properly utilize leaps.

only time i would be chaining ranged attacks is if im paralyzed and not facing the way i wanna leap or some one is kiting a low hp heiro tick and you don't have time to leap and stun
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

only time i would be chaining ranged attacks is if im paralyzed and not facing the way i wanna leap or some one is kiting a low hp heiro tick and you don't have time to leap and stun

range is good in a few places imo

range tanking running mobs...to keep em from running

farstrike as a quick opener to aim myself for a leap into mele range

farstrike to finish a runner

smack as a disable to close with a wizzie/archer (when i get it)

or at hell cultivation where you can chain all the bm range skills in a singl combo on a runner then sprint up to them

and yes leaps are a wonderfull thing >.<
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options

Leaps are great when you can use them to get in range, but in general people tend to holy path or hell summer sprint, or something of that nature as BM's get somewhere near in range. Additionally, Leaps will only move me forward and backward, not up and down in an air fight.

As stated though, thats a maximum of 7 moves in a combo, and very rarely should anyone use all 7. It does help though, to have things you can use without being 2 inches from your opponent. The low range of Blademasters and Barbarians is one of their biggest weaknesses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrHook - Harshlands
    DrHook - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok people are referring to this guide quite often now just sticky it already.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think that lvl 11 Myraid hits harder than flash tbh.
    Flash=150% of casters max health minus current health+150% of base physical attack

Myraid=200% of weapon damage +8.8k+base physical attack.

Now if your a super BM and have lets say 10k health w/ barb buff. you have 5k base physical attack and a weapon w/ ~900 base phys attack(95 dual lunar blades+5).

Lets say you use flash in TW(i dont see where it would be more useful anywhere else)when your around ~5k health right before you tick.

150% of 5k is 7.5k and 150% of your base phys attack is 7.5k
    So w/out considering the targets armor your raw attack is about 15k phys attack most likely less.

w/ myraid its 200% of your weapon dmg(so 1.8k+8.8k damage from the skill+5k base physical damge)

so thats 1.8k+5k=6.8k
    6.8k+8.8k=15.6k

so in the end Myraid dealt roughly a little more than flash did. Remeber flash can only be used like every 15minutes myraid can be use every 30seconds if you have the sparks. Also this is if you have 10k HP as a BM(which is a ton if u ask me) you have to be around 1/2 your health b4 u tick in order to use the skill. If you went full vit w/ just enough to hold your end game weapon and 99 armor i could see this skill hitting really hard. Or if you really went all out on armor and have like 14k w/ barb buffs(<--never seen this b4). It all comes down to HP w/ Flash really. I dont see how it would hit you for 70k tbh. unless the guy did ToP and in that breif like 3-4 sec mark used the skill on u

also on a side note why are u telling people to get 90 gold bracers? the 90 green is much better. at lvl 99 u get - interval on those bracers so really just save the money till then. 90 green wrists give 6-7 str 7-8 vit and recieve 2% less from phys damage.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Gold wrists give -interval, and the single sword for 90 is better than the dual swords once you refine both to about +5. The dmg difference is negligible. Single swords are a speed weapon, the effects on the gold sword are better than the dual swords, your DPS will be much higher using the single sword. Also the water defense is a nice bonus.

As for Myriad > Flash, you are assuming someone uses it before tick, which is kind of against it's point. You're right that it is a very difficult move to get off. It has a casting time and is best used when you're about to die. I have no idea why you would use it in TW though, it only hits one target. Idk, maybe to finish someone off.

Anyway, assuming you use it at like 500 hp, (also 10k with barb buff wouldn't be a super BM, I know plenty with 10k unbuffed) it would deal considerably more damage than Myriad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Gold wrists give -interval, and the single sword for 90 is better than the dual swords once you refine both to about +5. The dmg difference is negligible. Single swords are a speed weapon, the effects on the gold sword are better than the dual swords, your DPS will be much higher using the single sword. Also the water defense is a nice bonus.

As for Myriad > Flash, you are assuming someone uses it before tick, which is kind of against it's point. You're right that it is a very difficult move to get off. It has a casting time and is best used when you're about to die. I have no idea why you would use it in TW though, it only hits one target. Idk, maybe to finish someone off.

Anyway, assuming you use it at like 500 hp, (also 10k with barb buff wouldn't be a super BM, I know plenty with 10k unbuffed) it would deal considerably more damage than Myriad.

@point #1 u perfer -interval over str vit and baiscaly a +2 def lvl? Also if you want dps you need to go fists. Even if u zerk w/ that 90 sword dual blades and swords already hit for about double the amount a single blade/sword does. Also while diffiult to obtain the lvl 98 Demonic rebutall Dual Blades really should be end game if your going sword since they have gloom and - interval.

@point #2 Every1 is charmed in TW if you arent ur dumb. How is it against the point to use flash b4 u tick? if you use it after u tick it deals pretty much nothing. So in real practice you can only use that skill before you tick. Flash doesnt have any real use tbh, only in PvP is it effective really. I mean do u want to use it on a TT boss or mob?

@point #3 I'm not on LC server idk how much hp avg BM has there. i do know however if you want over 10k HP buff u need lot of refine or vit or both to pull it off. I know flash is 100 skill but its not very good tbh. I even worked teh math out for you in previous post. Only way Flash is stronger than Myraid is if you have a ton of HP and are uncharmed. If your uncharmed in world pk or just TW you arent really effective anywayz tbh.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    today i started to go back to this guide and I'm going to stick with it... its just so much fun to play as a sword bm than anything else... i have a few aoes for my hammers but i only use them it im getting gang bang! but Myriad Sword Stance is just too awesome and i cant get enough of Atmos Strike! Great finishing move! =)

I just got my tt60 sword (yeah a bit late huh?) and well im hitting so damn hard =) Thanks again for all the info Kniraven's too bad you are not on Dreamweaver, i would love to meet ya in game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    @point #1 u perfer -interval over str vit and baiscaly a +2 def lvl? Also if you want dps you need to go fists. Even if u zerk w/ that 90 sword dual blades and swords already hit for about double the amount a single blade/sword does. Also while diffiult to obtain the lvl 98 Demonic rebutall Dual Blades really should be end game if your going sword since they have gloom and - interval.

@point #2 Every1 is charmed in TW if you arent ur dumb. How is it against the point to use flash b4 u tick? if you use it after u tick it deals pretty much nothing. So in real practice you can only use that skill before you tick. Flash doesnt have any real use tbh, only in PvP is it effective really. I mean do u want to use it on a TT boss or mob?

@point #3 I'm not on LC server idk how much hp avg BM has there. i do know however if you want over 10k HP buff u need lot of refine or vit or both to pull it off. I know flash is 100 skill but its not very good tbh. I even worked teh math out for you in previous post. Only way Flash is stronger than Myraid is if you have a ton of HP and are uncharmed. If your uncharmed in world pk or just TW you arent really effective anywayz tbh.

I said in my post that the difference in attack becomes negligible after you have both weapons refined. That was already covered.

Whether you are charmed in TW or not (which durrr you should be) I was saying that using Flash in TW seemed rather pointless to me. It is not an AoE, it consumes 2 sparks, and if your health is low enough after ticking already to use it efffectively you're probably gonna die before it is done channeling. You said the only place you could see someone using it was TW, what I said is that I have no idea why you would use it in TW. Flash is to be used when you have low health, not slightly above half health.

Yes you did the math, but you did the math assuming you had more than half your total hp while using a skill which is most effective the lower you let your hp get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I said in my post that the difference in attack becomes negligible after you have both weapons refined. That was already covered.

Whether you are charmed in TW or not (which durrr you should be) I was saying that using Flash in TW seemed rather pointless to me. It is not an AoE, it consumes 2 sparks, and if your health is low enough after ticking already to use it efffectively you're probably gonna die before it is done channeling. You said the only place you could see someone using it was TW, what I said is that I have no idea why you would use it in TW. Flash is to be used when you have low health, not slightly above half health.

Yes you did the math, but you did the math assuming you had more than half your total hp while using a skill which is most effective the lower you let your hp get.

Since being on a PvP server i tend to gear my char up just for TW since it really most fun in this game tbh. So yeah if you let a mob hit u till you have 100 health or let a boss aoe you to 500 health it would hit hard then. Its like saying you have a super weapon but you have to be on verge of death to use it. since clerics BB and aoe heal a BM would never really use this skill in practice besides pvp, and the most fun pvp is TW. The most effective skill for a BM would be Roar of the Pride followed by Heavens Flame and Drakes Bash. I hope people reading this guide dont get the idea that using just purely one weapon path for a BM is the right way to go for and stat for.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The move is a total waste of sparks if you're not going to use it when you are atleast below half health. Other moves will hit harder and also give a debuff/buff. The move is only good when you are close to dying.

Plus, the other 2 spark moves are AoE's. You would use flash if you had 2 sparks and you had already ticked, plus were around 1/4 health. The skill is bugged anyways and doesn't deal the damage which it displays or which it should when you do the math. As I stated in a previous post, LordKazahana (arguably best BM in Lost City server) hit me for 70+ k with the move.

Try doing that with any other.

As a side note, my guide lists moves from other skill trees and how you would use them in combination with swords.
    Plus, there are several moves which hit harder than drakes bash and if you're going for a spike damage combo, using all 4 sparks to use a second ultimate after HF, or using farstrike/atmos would both hit harder than drakes bash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    can someone tell me wat a sword bm is good at that a fist bm isnt

since sword bms are better at 1v1 then a axe or pole bm isnt that alot like fist?
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    range is good in a few places imo

range tanking running mobs...to keep em from running

meh, i was referring to pvp

farstrike as a quick opener to aim myself for a leap into mele range

yes farstrike is a great opener but i'm specifically talking about chaining the range skills. you shouldn't just stand at 10+ meters using range attacks

farstrike to finish a runner

said this

smack as a disable to close with a wizzie/archer (when i get it)

shouldn't open with smack, in group pvp as you are flying up to someone smack is alright i guess but when starting a 1v1 smack wouldn't be my first choice as the long cast/short seal is almost negligible and by the time you start running again or picking up speed flying the seal has already worn off... all you really did was some mediocre damage and wasted 15 chi. not to mention smack is invaluable to stun lock certain classes

or at hell cultivation where you can chain all the bm range skills in a singl combo on a runner then sprint up to them

this is probably preference but my first priority is getting in range of the person to stun. at endgame we do terrible spike damage with range skills and even if you could continually attack someone from 12+ meters with demon you won't be beating any charms besides a farstike zerk/crit, this is coming from an ex-archer with a cv bow, pure attack speed and dps > slow moderate 'spike' damage.

and yes leaps are a wonderfull thing >.<

yes they are. some people i've killed (be it harshlands on a 9x bm or on LC) just say wtf when they are max range and half a second and 40 chi later you have them stunned. genie skills kinda hindered the effectiveness of leaps but even before genies i rarely saw a wr leaping. the only downside of leaps is the lack of vertical movement in air... even then if you are above them falling and glitching/bypassing the fly mount initialization animation works great. only annoying time is being below a kiter, there are solutions to this but i prefer to keep some knowledge to myself
    Leaps are great when you can use them to get in range, but in general people tend to holy path or hell summer sprint, or something of that nature as BM's get somewhere near in range. Additionally, Leaps will only move me forward and backward, not up and down in an air fight.

see the thing is the most range you have is 18meters(smack, hell farstrike) and then 12 with spirit chaser and 12(demon)/10 with drake's ray. if you are in range to use smack or farstrike a leap will take you 2 meters from them and unless they have their mouse/finger ready over the holy path button your roar should proc. even if they somehow move 3+ meters backwards in the time it takes to stop the leap animation and cast an under 1 second skill you have occult ice to close the distance. as for spirit chaser/demon drake's ray, it's a bit harder as a leap can potentially take you too far and you are still out of occult ice range if you don't leap. if they are running/flying away then a leap is great as you will meet up with them/anticipate their movement but i still wouldn't stand there and chain some low damage skills. maybe use farstrike and go for a crit/zerk but it still won't beat getting in melee range.

As stated though, thats a maximum of 7 moves in a combo, and very rarely should anyone use all 7. It does help though, to have things you can use without being 2 inches from your opponent. The low range of Blademasters and Barbarians is one of their biggest weaknesses.

your last point is true as obviously a blademaster's biggest weakness is their range but take a look at it from another way. a blademaster's biggest weakness is their range.. see a difference? no? let me reword that.. if our biggest weakness is range, why attack from a distance? use that time to get in melee range where we shine. i know i'm using the word 'range' in the wrong context but the concept is the same. linking some range skills together to attack someone won't make up for our lack of range in the sense of killing someone. sure we made up the weakness of range in the sense we can attack from a distance but endgame you will never kill someone will only range skills, you simply attack too slow for too little damage.

Just some of my opinions. The blademaster forums are kinda dull compared to the archer forums. Maybe some logical discussion can kindle something. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok as a BM you really arent meant to kill in terms of TW and PvP end game. Your skills are mostly used for support attack. Talking about spike dmg or w/e is more suited for pve. If you want to kcik some tail in pvp and TW learn to stunlock and push roar of the pride and drakes bash and aelonin blade in TW most of the time to stop catas from moving forward. If you want to PvE do w/e long as u got axes too.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok as a BM you really arent meant to kill in terms of TW and PvP end game. Your skills are mostly used for support attack. Talking about spike dmg or w/e is more suited for pve. If you want to kcik some tail in pvp and TW learn to stunlock and push roar of the pride and drakes bash and aelonin blade in TW most of the time to stop catas from moving forward. If you want to PvE do w/e long as u got axes too.

We're not meant to kill people in endgame PvP? Blah blah, we can only support attack? Obviously you can't or don't use fists. We have highest DPS of any class period endgame. What are you here trying to prove? You came here discussing Flash. Flash is indeed the highest spike dmg move a Blademaster gets. Your example of how you would use it was about the equivalent of a Barbarian using Armaeddon when they are at half health; it's just not going to be as effective. /story.

"Since being on a PvP server i tend to gear my char up just for TW"

Since when does being on a PvP server have anything whatsoever to do with TW?

What you're saying now is unrelated to your original post.

Also, did you just say in a nutshell, "Spike damage is for PvE, that's why in PvP you should use axes!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Softie:

Swords have better spike damage moves to throw in with quicker cooldowns and have an extra ranged move. They also have a seperate and very valuable debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.