Kniraven's PvP/PvE Sword/Blade Blademaster Guide

Options

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bolt is a great move in TW for freezing all your enemies around. Combined with will, it won't freeze you and you can not be slept or stunned so that your opponent can avoid those 5 seconds.

It is also great for chasing down one of those archers who in a PvP war do nothing but run away until you stop following them and then come back to hit u in the back.

If you want to AoE and kill a ton of lowbies who decided to gank you at once, the range on it is pretty damn good and you'll do massive damage if u spark + bolt.

It's great for wizards if you get close to them you don't ned to waste will. You can just lock them in place so they don't distance shrink and then smash on them while their casting time has gone out the window.

It's a great skill which is why I included it even though it isn't sword specific.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PhoenixKing - Lost City
    PhoenixKing - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Would you say this is the only stat build for a succesful sword BM? I mean, i'm kind of going 1vit3str1dex then 2str1vit2dex. Could that work out well? I want more vit on my character because I might not be able to afford decent refines.
  • Oneshotu - Lost City
    Oneshotu - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good thing you made a sword guide because your very bad at axes. Dragoning Transcend before a stun is a nono.

All and all nice guide.
    So the Dead guy says "LOL you fail, you didnt even one shot me"
    Nuf said.
  • Darkpool - Sanctuary
    Darkpool - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mice guide b:victoryb:bye
  • Nagisa - Raging Tide
    Nagisa - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    About time I post my thanks, since I've been using this guide for some time now ;-) I started out the hammer/axe route, but soon became very annoyed with all the misses when attacking and the slow attack speed. So I remade my BM and started with swords and have been liking it a lot so far!

Like PhoenixKing I also wonder if I should pump vit a bit more. I'm a casual player and never have lots of money, so good refines and HP boosting gems won't be very accessible to me. On the other hand, a 91-97% hit rate is a very nice thing to have :-)
  • Grox - Dreamweaver
    Grox - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nice sword bm guide ;o
  • Ninn_x - Heavens Tear
    Ninn_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Great guideb:victory Helped me with my blademaster alt a lot, it should be sticked :)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Good thing you made a sword guide because your very bad at axes. Dragoning Transcend before a stun is a nono.

All and all nice guide.

>_> Yeah I should have stunned first, though to be honest it wouldn't have made that huge a difference. The damage reduction he gets for being 10x makes him very hard to kill. On the bright side, I lasted longer than the like 10 backhand.
    About time I post my thanks, since I've been using this guide for some time now ;-) I started out the hammer/axe route, but soon became very annoyed with all the misses when attacking and the slow attack speed. So I remade my BM and started with swords and have been liking it a lot so far!

Like PhoenixKing I also wonder if I should pump vit a bit more. I'm a casual player and never have lots of money, so good refines and HP boosting gems won't be very accessible to me. On the other hand, a 91-97% hit rate is a very nice thing to have :-)

You can add more to vit, if you have no interest in either axes or fists and don't mind losing some damage, accuracy, crit, or evasion. Though to be honest at later levels I really don't feel vit makes much of a difference. Even with a ton of vit, thats only a few hundred more HP. Refines and shards give you much more.
    nice sword bm guide ;o

Thanks man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lnu_M_Flower - Lost City
    Lnu_M_Flower - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    good guide also you need to make a BM Genie Guide b:chuckle
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    good guide also you need to make a BM Genie Guide b:chuckle

Took me long enough, I know, but I will probably be posting that this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sedzejevec
    sedzejevec Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Welll... I have a few questions
    Do I need to have so much dex for pve only?
    In pve parties, what skills and combos do I need to use?
    Any special tips? ^^ I don't know any sword blademaster, so you're my only info source b:chuckle don't wanna be the noobest noob when I come to my bhs b:laugh
    Thanks!
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi :)

Liked the guide on the Sword BM (first i've ever seen on the forums <.<)

I was wondering, What is your opinion on my current stats?

Vit - 72
    Str - 154
    mag - 5
    Dex - 109 (or 111 not sure)

That is with my armor on, i don't remember what it is without armor >.>

And atm i'm using a 3:2 build with str and dex to get my str higher up (for some of the other weps i would use, Poleblade mainly since i have it's path skills <.<), and then switch to a vit/dex build of 3 dex, 2 vit.

Do you have any "Profesional" (i guess is what most would say xD) advise?
  • justinemae
    justinemae Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    EDITS:

(Sunday, December 06, 2009) I have added a * to Alter Marow Physical and changed slightly my wording in it.
    It is a very good move for PvE, even if it's not that great for PvP.

(Tuesday, December 08, 2009) Moved 1 stat point from vit to Str in 1-30 and 1 from Dex to Vit levels 31-52.
    There was a slight problem with Armor and Str requirement for blue name levels.
  • justinemae
    justinemae Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    EDITS:

(Sunday, December 06, 2009) I have added a * to Alter Marow Physical and changed slightly my wording in it.
    It is a very good move for PvE, even if it's not that great for PvP.

(Tuesday, December 08, 2009) Moved 1 stat point from vit to Str in 1-30 and 1 from Dex to Vit levels 31-52.
    There was a slight problem with Armor and Str requirement for blue name levels.

(Sunday, December 13, 2009) Started off by giving out some info on the genie portion of my guide. It's still being worked on.

(Monday, December 21, 2009) Changed "legs" in one of the paragraphs to "wrists" because I accidentally put the word legs instead of wrists >__>.

hmm.i didn't get it. so it'll be 2 str, 2 vit, 1 dex. is that right?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi :)

Liked the guide on the Sword BM (first i've ever seen on the forums <.<)

I was wondering, What is your opinion on my current stats?

Vit - 72
    Str - 154
    mag - 5
    Dex - 109 (or 111 not sure)

That is with my armor on, i don't remember what it is without armor >.>

And atm i'm using a 3:2 build with str and dex to get my str higher up (for some of the other weps i would use, Poleblade mainly since i have it's path skills <.<), and then switch to a vit/dex build of 3 dex, 2 vit.

Do you have any "Profesional" (i guess is what most would say xD) advise?

Would be more helpful if I knew what level you were and your stats without gears. You didn't put any points into magic though, which is good, and seem to have a decent amount of dexterity in proportion to your strength so I'd say your stats are probably alright.
    sedzejevec wrote: »
    Welll... I have a few questions
    Do I need to have so much dex for pve only?
    In pve parties, what skills and combos do I need to use?
    Any special tips? ^^ I don't know any sword blademaster, so you're my only info source b:chuckle don't wanna be the noobest noob when I come to my bhs b:laugh
    Thanks!

You don't need quite as much dex for pure PvE, and typically in BH as a sword BM you would want to run into the BMs and AoE stun them with roar, followed by Drake Sweep to make sure that any aggro missed by a possibly defective barb goes to you when the cleric starts healing. After that, jumping back a bit for Fab of Flame is pretty nice too, and Myriad always helps in hairy situations where too much aggro has been drawn or the tank can't tank it.

Against runners in places such as BH59, switching between drakes ray and spirit chaser is a good way to keep dealing damage but not cause them to run farther back.

When dealing with a single target, and possibly a running mob, you can also use cloud sprint to run in behind it, and then Atmos strike it toward your party so that incase it runs, it does not run back toward the other mobs.

Any time you see any party member besides you or the barb taking damage, you should sprint and/or tiger leap to them asap and aggro whatever mob they are fighting, it is usually best to start off by stunning it.

When a Venomancer lures a boss, it is your job to stand there and hit it with drakes ray as it runs past the slow Barbarian that fails to catch. Hmm, i think that's it for now. Good luck in your BH's.

justinemae wrote: »
    hmm.i didn't get it. so it'll be 2 str, 2 vit, 1 dex. is that right?

I don't know what you're referring to. You'll have to specify your question. But putting the points the way you just stated every level wouldn't allow you to wear Heavy Armor. You need 2.5 points per level for that, AKA 5 points every 2 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ah, sorry about that. If i remember right, from the last time i unequiped my gear, my stats were:

*EDITED* STATS: W/O GEAR:
    Vit: 58
    Str: 138
    Dex: 109
    Mag: 5

*EDITED* STATS: W/ GEAR:
    Vit: 72
    Str: 158

And my current lvl is 59. I may be lvl 60 after today, and then i'll be that for a while until all of my current skills are maxed out :)

Oh and do you happen to know any pro's or con's of pairing in a Poleblade skills with main of sword's build?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ah, sorry about that. If i remember right, from the last time i unequiped my gear, my stats were:

*EDITED* STATS: W/O GEAR:
    Vit: 58
    Str: 138

*EDITED* STATS: W/ GEAR:
    Vit: 72
    Str: 158

And my current lvl is 59. I may be lvl 60 after today, and then i'll be that for a while until all of my current skills are maxed out :)

Oh and do you happen to know any pro's or con's of pairing in a Poleblade skills with main of sword's build?

I think you have plenty of vit to last you a while, and that you should start focusing on just your strength and dex :) Your stats aren't bad though.

Also, poles are great. They have an extra ranged move which goes even farther than spirit chaser, and farstrike hits pretty hard too. The bleed is nice to use on cleric when they have shell up, since shell doesnt protect from status moves. If you want quicker damage rather than to take less, you can also switch out to poles real fast for Glacial Spike.

You'll have some AoE, to make up for swords having a lack of it. So yeah poles would work fine with swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think you have plenty of vit to last you a while, and that you should start focusing on just your strength and dex :) Your stats aren't bad though.

Also, poles are great. They have an extra ranged move which goes even farther than spirit chaser, and farstrike hits pretty hard too. The bleed is nice to use on cleric when they have shell up, since shell doesnt protect from status moves. If you want quicker damage rather than to take less, you can also switch out to poles real fast for Glacial Spike.

You'll have some AoE, to make up for swords having a lack of it. So yeah poles would work fine with swords.

Cool. Was hoping that it would be a good combo, and looks like i turned out right b:pleased

Oh, do you have any tips for the higher lvl fb's? (71, 79, etc)
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cool. Was hoping that it would be a good combo, and looks like i turned out right b:pleased

Oh, do you have any tips for the higher lvl fb's? (71, 79, etc)

202020 for FB69 (71) is a friggen pain the you know what >_> You better hope you have a kind faction because even a squad of higher levels sometimes mess up in there and party wipe. Wined however, it's pretty easy. Your barb will need BM buff to tank the last 2 bosses and a Herc can not tank them. It's generally best doing the 202020 for you to bring 2 clerics. One Blue Balls, one spot heals. Use alter marrow magical on the large turtle that you must kill to open the gates to the last two bosses, and on the first boss. on the last two bosses, use alter marrow physical. Beware the last two bosses AoE.

For 79, the mobs run. So try and have a veno lure one out, then cloud sprint to it or tiger leap, roar, get behind it, and atmos strike it back toward your party. keep your back to the other mobs so that the one you are killing doesn't run to them. Again, remember alter marrow magical for a lot of the mobs in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    202020 for FB69 (71) is a friggen pain the you know what >_> You better hope you have a kind faction because even a squad of higher levels sometimes mess up in there and party wipe. Wined however, it's pretty easy. Your barb will need BM buff to tank the last 2 bosses and a Herc can not tank them. It's generally best doing the 202020 for you to bring 2 clerics. One Blue Balls, one spot heals. Use alter marrow magical on the large turtle that you must kill to open the gates to the last two bosses, and on the first boss. on the last two bosses, use alter marrow physical. Beware the last two bosses AoE.

For 79, the mobs run. So try and have a veno lure one out, then cloud sprint to it or tiger leap, roar, get behind it, and atmos strike it back toward your party. keep your back to the other mobs so that the one you are killing doesn't run to them. Again, remember alter marrow magical for a lot of the mobs in there.
    Yeah my friends told me of what a pain in the rear 202020 is. So i plan to have all skills maxed out before i even attempt it, so i can bring in my charm and two of my lvl 80+ cleric friends and kick their butts >:D
    Also thanks for the advice in how to deal with their mobs in the fb's. :D
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That is probably for the best. :)
    I advise having one Cleric Blue Ball, The other cleric spot heal, and then having a Barb run out and grab a few of the mobs. Then, making sure to aggro all of the mobs he got before bringing them back anywhere near the cleric. From that point you do your best to keep the mobs stunned and keep your party alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow.. Nice guide for sword BM's b:laugh

Now all we need is one for Polarm and Fist BM's. Lol xD b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • sedzejevec
    sedzejevec Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
    So, for PvE I don't need as much DEX as mentioned in guide; should I invest these points in STR or VIT?
    Ty again
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Drunken Chu has a decent one
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options

Thankyou, I appreciate it.
    sedzejevec wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice :)
    So, for PvE I don't need as much DEX as mentioned in guide; should I invest these points in STR or VIT?
    Ty again

No prob, and Idk i guess Vit lol; so that you can grind longer and tank damage better.
    Drunken Chu has a decent one

Yep, he has a pretty good fist guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bump

guide still not finished and it really is a nice contribution to the bm fourum

*readys AED* clear!!!

*necro's*
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i like it but the coloursb:shocked
    anyways good work and thank you for the guideb:thanks
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bump

guide still not finished and it really is a nice contribution to the bm fourum

*readys AED* clear!!!

*necro's*
    i like it but the coloursb:shocked
    anyways good work and thank you for the guideb:thanks

Yeah it's about time I finished up what I started. :)

Thankyou for the compliment Surreal.

I'll add 80-89 tomorrow if I can, and post when it is finished and edited. Someone be sure to reply to this so I don't have to double post for that. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Should defo update the guide bro.
  • Aegidius - Dreamweaver
    Aegidius - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A bit more vit would make tanking much easier. Either that or use Sutra and HP pots to make up for it. Otherwise, I think it's great. Very effective.
This discussion has been closed.