edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with Rayne. I know my acc rings and str is helping me so much
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Isimud - Heavens Tear
    Isimud - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I put 4 point in vitality early on while i was still feeling out the char and it was completely pointless lol def will pull it out eventually. Adding vit was useless def not worth wasting points in and just using gems refinements to fix sounds ideal to me and seems like the higher level i get the low hp thing becomes less of an issue cause things go squish very quickly b:laugh
  • andrikos
    andrikos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well i think u should add some vit now and then if u dont want to be pawned from someone who does:)b:victoryb:bye
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think you should refine/shard your armor now and then if you don't want to get owned by a full DEX Sin that does.

I would know; I'm too poor to refine/shard my armor and I suck.
  • Ysionris - Sanctuary
    Ysionris - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Currently I'm planning to go pure dex, but I might have to pump a bit of vit if the getting gets too tough.
    (Warcrack and PSO/PSU come to mind)

I miss my RAmarl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AinaMizuako's smexy Assassin. b:kiss
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I had about 30-40 points in VIT before I decided to restat and make my guy pure.

I prefer him now, so yeah, been a good investment in my opinion..

Pure dex is just the best way to go for more crit, more damage, and all that good stuff since we aren't supposed to take hits in the first place, just deal damage.
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    imo going full dex or putting a bit of vit in matters very little. everything 50+ depends on your gear, weapon and refines, i could have capped my vit at 15, and still be able to roll full dex sins around my level. the assassin class is very much based on luck to be honest. and sometimes even a full dex sin hits me for 1 damage multiple times with focused mind up b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes. Yes they do.

Thus there are several ways to do anything and come out with a fun and functional character. Do what makes sense to you and suits the way you want your character to work. I'm not saying there aren't dumb things to do, (like raising a Barbarian's Magic beyond 10 points, or raising it at all), and the game will let you know if you suck.

P.S. Hybrid barbarians rule

Well on that note if u wanted a barb to be a super nuke char, add all ur points into Magic and armaggedon will hit like 3 or 4 times harder than all in hp. Magic is amplified more than hp last time i checked. ur barb would suck at everything else except being a Bomb. but to each their own

Edit:
    Pile whats up with that sig buddy :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apocalypseninja360
    apocalypseninja360 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im new to being an assassin and i was wondering if yall thought that of so far im a lvl 25 sin: vit:9 Str: 29 Mag:5 and Dex: 97, im thinking of doing the whole 4 dex and 1 strength every lvl now but im not too sure
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Me only has lv 30 sin and using 1 str 4 dex build.
    For melee mob, i use tackling slash / puncture wound / deep sting / slipstream strike
    (tackling slash & puncture wound has 4,5 meter cast range)
    For melee mob around my lv most of the them died without having a chance to attack me.b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    isnt this suppose to be your choice going 1str 1vit 3 dex doesnt make u a noob its up to what u want from your char if u want high dmg then do same build as archer 1str 4dex if u want a bit more survivability then put some vit its all up to u

Funny how immature half of you are
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You'd be better off going 2 STR, 3 DEX, grabbing ornaments/tome with +STR, and equipping/sharding/refining heavy armor. Not only will this give you more HP, it will give you far superior defenses, also.

Or you could just go 1 STR, 4 DEX. I have 3 base VIT, and 3.7k HP at 80 while wearing complete **** for gear. With proper gear, that could easily be close to 5k HP without a single point spent into VIT
  • pickaxe95
    pickaxe95 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hey ppls what do u think about 3 dex 1str 1 vit every lv ???
  • kelr
    kelr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I tend to agree with many people here: what's nice is to have different points of vue. I find a lot of these threads to be extremely boring, coming from all-mighty-gods-of-infinite knowledge who instantly reject as "noob" or "dumb" or what not anything that didn't come out of their o so holy mouths. Yes, there are noobs. My god, you once have been one also! You should probably kill yourselves, you once were a noob! Seriously, it's nice to see different builds (and yes, many different builds work quite well even if they are not what the all-mighty Teehee may have done) and hear different opinions. Rash and intolerant know-it-alls, well i'm just sick of reading what they have to say.
  • kelr
    kelr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    nice post Manicero, ty b:victory
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Funny how immature half of you are

I know you are but what am I b:mischievous
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Norvian - Lost City
    Norvian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well i get all vit i need from gears so far im lvl 52:

25 vit
    130 DEX
    52 Str
    8 mgc (bonus gear)

notive i keep my str at the by.. waiting for more assissin tide armor ;D did u notice that thye need less str than light armor... also i wear 3 star gears from lvl 40ish so there is no need for extra str...

and i only had a hard time with my hp from lvl 27 to 30 and, and right now killing mobs that are my lvl but im doing quest that are 5 lvl lower than mine so im still cool with that. i try to use lvl 30 pots most of the time. notice that Sins skills are meant to work together usually u should kill a mob being hurt just 2 or 3 times.. ive heard ppl sayin that u should us HP stones for ur sockets and stuff, but i believe its always better do more damage so physical attk ++ works for me really good the less time the battle takes the less damage u get.

also ppl get a bow for ur ssin if u can, if u use it wisely u can do a lil damage from distance.
  • Norvian - Lost City
    Norvian - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i agree with u, isnt this suppose to be your choice we can put some if mgc if we want what ever(highly Strong NOT recommended thought), but i think the point its since is harder to sorvive with less HP requires more experience from player.
  • zayonx
    zayonx Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its funny to see ppl sayin they will have more survability if they add vit, ur "survability" doesnt mean anything if u have no def, 1 shot more and u will be dead, since u got less attack power it wont be hard hit u one more time before get killed.
  • Rubycc - Heavens Tear
    Rubycc - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    vit = def
    and in the case of light armor having no defence, it has more defence than arcane armor, and with added def bonuses and shards you can get a lot of defence out of it

my quarrel is with vit vs dex, vit = defense, dex= evasion
    we need a lot of dex anyway for our weapon so it makes sence to just try and evade anything and everything, but if you do get hit your pretty squishy.

me myself, i focus on dex and vit gear and do a mostly pure dex build while putting 1 in vit every once in a while as well
  • Blide - Lost City
    Blide - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I say that try 1 vit 1 str and 3 dex every lvl,why?(I was a lvl 94 archer i know what I'm talking about)If you try pure build,you will not be soo good for PvE and not even for PK,Because,without range archer worths nothing,without ranged weapons high dex with very low hp is suicide you are a close quarter warrior you need a little hp and all ALL people forgets the games MOST important healing methods...The herbs, aph skill lol...herbalism is a good thing Free and far better than potions,But it is wise to keep potions with yourself...and well there aren't a thing like 'Best build for this class' no everyone have different game style,it depends on the player what is the best for him/herself that's all if you think that I'm wrong...find me and kill me(only if you are near to my lvl :D)
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted

To every assassin class mate...always focus your minds b:chuckle
  • wolfyyy
    wolfyyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I beg to differ.

Vit is pretty pointless imo.

Sins who are involved in TW oftenly will will agree with me that we spend more than 50%-80% of the time in Stealth mode.

Our objectives is to rush into enemy lines in Shadow Walk, try to 1-3 hit opponent's clerics/LA, Arcane DDs, and quickly Force Stealth -> retreat -> wait for abilities to cool down -> hunt down the next squishy.

My point is, sins are built to rid your opponent in a single hit when they least expected ( They probably will be too stunned to react in time ) . Any sins who spend too much time in visible mode is a fool.

You're better off investing on damage all the way from a sin's perspective. You can't compare archers with sin, because archers do not have stealth. And there is no way they can run once they are being chased down so therefore, they require vit.

PvE wise, Blood bath, natural high evasion coupled with max focused mind will be sufficient to keep you alive. At high level, you can drain up to 60 hp per normal hit, 120 hp on normal crits. The super HP drain will be more than sufficient to keep you alive as well.
  • Blide - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This build works for PvE and both for PK belive just give it a try lol...at lvl 50-60 you shall see what i was talking about and...true that i don't really spend time in visible mod as an assassin but who said that all enemies are noobs that can't react????if you try to hit a barbar 5 hits are not enough to kill him...soo he will retailate and you will die in his armageddon
    belive me you are still able to kill anything and both to survive and...don't forget that 1 dex less is not a big difference in damage a pure assassin maybe have 50-70 xtra damage and maybe 2-3% ch i was an archer for a year =) I know what will happen if you try to really compare these things and as i wrote it...everyone have a different style and you need to find what is yours I just wrote mine...

'lol I use 'And' and '...' too often

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This build works for PvE and both for PK belive just give it a try lol...at lvl 50-60 you shall see what i was talking about and...true that i don't really spend time in visible mod as an assassin but who said that all enemies are noobs that can't react????if you try to hit a barbar 5 hits are not enough to kill him...soo he will retailate and you will die in his armageddon
    belive me you are still able to kill anything and both to survive and...don't forget that 1 dex less is not a big difference in damage a pure assassin maybe have 50-70 xtra damage and maybe 2-3% ch i was an archer for a year =) I know what will happen if you try to really compare these things and as i wrote it...everyone have a different style and you need to find what is yours I just wrote mine...

'lol I use 'And' and '...' too often

50 points taken from dex and put in vit gives you 650 hp.
    50 points taken from dex costs you alot more than 50-70 damage.
    50 points taken from dex costs you 2-3% crit
    50 points taken from dex costs you ACC
    50 points taken from dex costs you evasion (not a big factor)
    50 points taken from dex also costs you regen from blood paint (due to less damage, more a pve issue)

650 HP is an extra swing, half swing for some, from a BM/barb/archer
    a barb that armageddons you with deaden nerves up is an idiot

50 points taken from dex will ensure you arent killing that vit build charmed barb.

want to talk about archers with +12 bows that hit like +5? they put vit in their build thinking +12 bow will make up for the damage. they tend to still die and not kill anyone. come to LC and check them out b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Xirella - Harshlands
    Xirella - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I tried vit on my first sin. Went pure on my second. The difference? I still play the second, the first is long forgotten.

The xtra pdef and hp from vit is in my opinion a complete waste of time. It simply is not enough to help increase your survivability. Want to survive longer:
    make pots, buy charms, shard your gear, refine your gear, learn to use your skills, get the appropriate genie skills to suit your play style etc. All these help you survive a whole lot more than wasting points in vit.

Pure dex is the only really viable build for an assassin. In pvp/pk I am brutally aware of how squishy I am, that is why I am also well aware of how to kill or escape all of my enemies 9in my level range or lower of course). Just moments ago I was in open field pk vs a sin and a bm and earlier I was dueling different barbs. One thing I notice is that at my level evasion really does help alot. I don't know how it goes later when many melee players have on misty rings but certainly at my level I evade quite a bit of damage.

A bm can get away with some points in vit. On my bm I capped at 50 vit. However the effect was not the same for my first sin. Sure you could argue that with good gears there would not be much difference between the two builds. Its true. That is why I respect the really good high level assassins because it boils down to anticipation and skill selection (the right skill for the right moment). However I personally feel like vit on a sin just does not yield sufficient gains to make it part of my build.
  • Blide - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well now at lvl 60 I have a good damage of course its not like a pure DDs damage and unmatchable to an archer(I was an archer for 1 year pure build,I know what I'm talking)But now I have aprx 3k hp this keeps me a bit more alive now I'll turn to 5 dex/ lvl untill I need some str, this build fastened my low lvl lvling and well still killing lvl 70+magic users and same with barbs and Bms why?Stealth is the answer and not every ppl is charmed lols...at 60 lvl find me a lot ppl who are using charms, at these lvls lvling and PKing isn't hard and at the later lvls well pherhaps everything will change but going to sage will also keep me a bit more alive, Why sage? Cause you won't go on DPS you'r NOT an archer chill of deep+3 spark will give ya more attack str and -x% damage taken this will work with the assassin i think...for the archers of course i say demon xD,DPS is their weapon,and If I break out from stealth...try to retaliate quickly and wise...killed a lvl 73 cleric within 4 hits...within 4 hits and I'm fail Dx...well I don't care and I won't be
    By the way...anyone knows what lvl 59 skill worths?

• Somebody - Raging Tide
    Somebody - Raging Tide Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    for the lvl 59 sin skills PVP max Headhunt, high dmg + good stun (100% chance to stun)
    Inner Harmony (59) for instant chi gain (155 at lvl 1 and 200 at lvl 10)

maybe add some in shadow tele for the added distance (+ its ur second stun)
    also subsea works good if you get ganked :) give a 18% to 30% more dmg on all of em en deal decent dmg
  • freedomshadow
    freedomshadow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I find it ironical Morty is suggesting 9dex1 str every 2 lvls when at (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=558621)he says otherwise
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    vit = def

Lol, the def you get from VIT is a joke. VIT is mainly for HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Chritz - Raging Tide
    Chritz - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hey ppls...
    im on 1vit 2str 7dex each 2 levels ...and it works nice. ok im 38 only :D
    asassins arent good in open fights cause theyr very low def...
    but ur dmg/ability to stun/envade/bloodsuck etc should make u become also an strong fighter.

dont forget ur a ninja xD so make it like one!

greetings from Chritz ^^
This discussion has been closed.